Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ah. My bad.

See, like I said, I'm still a noob.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:34 AM
Neal516

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by djamps
In your 4800 row smooth things out a bit. The AFR should be decreasing down and to the right, not increasing like it does at 7.08ms.
If you use Cipher to do your fuel tables it should show the BFS you're used to seeing, you can use the tracer to show AF's too.
Fuel table does affect closed and open loop. But getting the MAF closer to reality before starting definitely makes things smoother in the end -- small stuff like decel, startup, ect just work better with the MAF tuned correctly.
wow, thanks guys! I definitely wasn't paying attention when I edited that table. I'll re-do it.

and sorry for that redundant question. I just found the thread where you addressed that data byte issue . Ironically, you also explained to OP to dial in his maf . lol
https://my350z.com/forum/tuning/5136...ans-uprev.html

Last edited by Neal516; 07-11-2011 at 07:20 AM.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:43 PM
05SickSer

Question, what do you set your throttle values too to get the fully 100% open throttle body. I have no idea what to set them at because if you change them it really doesnt do that much it seems.

plus the one time i did it just went WOT at start-up lol..
Old 07-23-2011, 05:54 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Originally Posted by 05SickSer
Question, what do you set your throttle values too to get the fully 100% open throttle body. I have no idea what to set them at because if you change them it really doesnt do that much it seems.

plus the one time i did it just went WOT at start-up lol..
The 100% WOT is a checkbox option inside of Osiris, you don't need to change the throttle voltage table. You would only do that if you were trying to calibrate your throttle pedal response to a personal preference (like a different response curve than stock).

Check the top of page 14 of the Osiris manual at: http://www.uprev.com/documentation/O...Guide%20V2.pdf

for each map, you can choose whether to set Electronic Throttle Control as "Stock" or "UpRev Tuned". This is what eliminates the 80% throttle limitation and get you 100% throttle from a dead stop.

Last edited by SparkleCityHop; 08-05-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:52 PM
05SickSer

alright sweet then thats all i did need to do. thanks for the info!
Old 07-27-2011, 09:18 PM
rhymes

Hi SparkleCityHop,

I read your posts on this forum regarding Osiris and am glad to see people out there are starting to share some of their knowledge. I have a question for you, I have 350Z with a procharger setup, running larger injectors 440cc, HPX Maf, fuel return, hiflo fuel pump. My question is what would be a good starting K constant? I have received an etune and the K constant is almost double of the stock. Which according to your post should be smaller than stock since I'm running larger injectors. Would love to hear back from you.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:25 AM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

(Taken from page 18 of the Osiris Manual)
-------------------------------------
K Fuel Multiplier – This is the parameter that the ECU uses to relate the MAF flow to the injector pulse width. Larger value causes larger injector pulse widths.
-------------------------------------

Since larger injectors are introducing more fuel, it makes sense that you would want shorter pulses to obtain the same amount of fuel flow as you had with your smaller injectors. This assumes that you were already tuned with smaller injectors and you are just looking to upgrade your injectors and maintain your tune.

However, you are dealing with a situation where you haven't just upgraded your injectors. You've introduced boost, larger injectors, larger HP MAF, higher capacity fuel system, and higher capacity fuel pump. All of those are going to affect your K value in different ways, so you can't just use the injector formula alone to estimate your K value. In a perfect world, you would be tuning for one upgrade at a time, and the formula would help you in that situation.

Also, most of my discussion is aimed at NA tuning since that's what I'm dealing with right now.

Page 19 of the Osiris manual provides steps on determining your appropriate K value (that isn't formula based).

Page 23 of the Osiris manual is for the FI specific tuning steps.

http://www.uprev.com/documentation/O...Guide%20V2.pdf

Last edited by SparkleCityHop; 07-28-2011 at 03:26 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:23 AM
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Reason your K value is higher is cause of the PMAS MAF. Your injectors are only 50% higher flowing then stock, however the PMAS Maf is scaled three times higher then the stock. So the get everything back into the right parameters you K value needs to be raised.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:08 AM
rhymes

Thanks guys. Just trying to learn a little bit more about how this tuning works. I've been working with Vince from RT and this guy is awesome, has really helped me out. Thanks Vince!!
Old 07-28-2011, 02:13 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Vince is a valuable asset to the community. I have learned from his posts in the past and was the person that sent me my initial ROM file to match my VIN when I first got my Osiris Tuner cable. I owe him, Z1, djamps, and a couple other guys a lot of credit for the tuning knowledge that I've started to pull together. I'm far from being a "tuner", but I at least feel comfortable working on my own car.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:29 PM
Neal516

Dear Uprev tuning DIY peeps. I set my target AFR's as diplayed above and set my fuel comp table all to 100. I then datalogged my AFR, Correc, MAF Voltage, Speed, RPM, BFS, TPS Etc.

I then uploaded that to DJ Amps awesome tool.
a) with DJ Amps tool, I keep getting a blank space where AFR is as displayed above. I corrected the MAF anyways (multipled each MAF value as indicated in AMPS tool) and applied it to both MAF sensors (I have HR). Reflashed, and repeated. The latest datalog still indicates on DJ AMPS tool that I have more values to edit. Do I keep repeating this until I get a value of 1.00 in each column? (oh, I know I only datalogged for ten minutes, I do have another hour long log)

b) last, my HR redlines at 7500, but the target table only goes up to 7k. should I edit this.

thanks gais, I have been reading banish's book. I feel like I learn just as much when I just go out and screw around with stuff

Last edited by Neal516; 08-05-2011 at 03:33 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:58 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Originally Posted by Neal516
b) last, my HR redlines at 7500, but the target table only goes up to 7k. should I edit this.
If you think that you need granular tuning in certain areas, you can change the ranges, but remember that the values that you are entering in the chart are used by the system to calculate/create the full map across the entire range - it isn't only using the hard values that you're entering. If you look at the 3D map/chart, you'll see what I mean. You only need enough cells to get everything lining up where you want it on that 3D chart.

thanks gais, I have been reading banish's book. I feel like I learn just as much when I just go out and screw around with stuff
Yeah, the books are good for getting the basic knowledge, but nothing beats getting your hands dirty with some real experience.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:20 AM
Neal516

Originally Posted by SparkleCityHop
If you think that you need granular tuning in certain areas, you can change the ranges, but remember that the values that you are entering in the chart are used by the system to calculate/create the full map across the entire range - it isn't only using the hard values that you're entering. If you look at the 3D map/chart, you'll see what I mean. You only need enough cells to get everything lining up where you want it on that 3D chart.

Yeah, the books are good for getting the basic knowledge, but nothing beats getting your hands dirty with some real experience.
and is it okay that is lists my AFR's as 0.00? (am I missing something...) if so, I should be logging and rescaling, logging and rescaling until all the columns list 1.00.

thanks mang

Last edited by Neal516; 08-06-2011 at 06:26 AM.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:20 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks like your ECU doesn't have widebands or you aren't loggin AFR which is why there are 0's. Don't expect to get everything to 1.00 I would say 0.98 to 1.02 is pretty good. Be sure to reset your learned fuel settings between each session.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:13 PM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

In general 5 percent is considered acceptable. Which means 95-105.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Neal516

Looks like your ECU doesn't have widebands or you aren't loggin AFR which is why there are 0's. Don't expect to get everything to 1.00 I would say 0.98 to 1.02 is pretty good. Be sure to reset your learned fuel settings between each session.
oyyy. It must have widebands (unless the prev owner screwed me over!), the AFRs adjust quickly and I see the full range. Its an 07 HR G sedan. The only thing weird I can think of are the stupid J bungs on my test pipes, but obviously thats just for the rear o2 sensors

I just went ape and selected everything this time lol. reset learned fuel in cipher, log in osiris, drive for an hour (try an hit all the boxes in the target table). and still 0.00 in autotunes AFR column lol

=====================================

imma go jump off a bridge now. why does my car always have to be the exception lol

Last edited by Neal516; 08-06-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:28 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Email me a sample of your log to amps@djlab.com , maybe the HR logs have a different header. Should be a quick fix for the regular expressions I'm using to parse the csv. I also need to put in an RPM scaler since I myself (on a DE) am now doing about 7500rpm LOL.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Neal516

Email me a sample of your log to amps@djlab.com , maybe the HR logs have a different header. Should be a quick fix for the regular expressions I'm using to parse the csv. I also need to put in an RPM scaler since I myself (on a DE) am now doing about 7500rpm LOL.
sent
thanks man, I owe you a beer or three

Last edited by Neal516; 08-06-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:55 AM
Neal516

problem solved- user error. HR logs work just fine with his tool
Old 08-07-2011, 11:53 AM
05SickSer

What are you guys doing to make a kill map. Are you just putting injector latency to 0 so it has no gas and wont start? or is there something different that you are doing

Quick Reply: Wanted: UpRev Tuning DIY - Tuning 101?