Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

eManage installed on my N/A Z

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 10:05 PM
n1cK!
Infiltrator!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: compatibility.....

Originally posted by ChrisMCagle
Yep, check my signature. Cheap and works great.

-Chris
HA! i should've paid more attention to the thread! thanks.

n1cK!

ps-oh and chris, what is a clone cable?

Last edited by n1cK!; 01-04-2005 at 10:16 PM.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:10 AM
pulpz2

Originally posted by kwkslvr
hey chris thanks for posting your experiences, it prompted me to go ahead and buy the e-manage and zeitronix wideband.

I had an initial dyno tonight with 249.65. hp and 230.87 tq . This is with the jwt popcharger and crawford plenum.....straight pipes on next.....

I had been slightly concerned with the a/f ratios and the dyno came up with 14.2:1 @ 4300 rpms, so I guess it's a good thing, and much more cost effective than a reflash, which I don't want to have to do until I get a TT.
I'm a bit confused. Did you dyno before or after installed straight pipes?

Also, did you dyno before the pop charger and plenium install?
Old 01-05-2005, 03:14 AM
kwkslvr

no i didn't dyno before the plenum and popcharger......really wish i had though. And no, my straight pipes haven't made it on the car yet. I will install them this afternoon. I wish I could afford to dyno after every mod, but at 85.00 a pop it's not economically possible. I will do my next dyno with straight pipes, borla exhaust, and corrected a/f at 13:1
Old 01-05-2005, 08:13 AM
ChrisMCagle

hey chris thanks for posting your experiences, it prompted me to go ahead and buy the e-manage and zeitronix wideband.

I had an initial dyno tonight with 249.65. hp and 230.87 tq . This is with the jwt popcharger and crawford plenum.....straight pipes on next.....

I had been slightly concerned with the a/f ratios and the dyno came up with 14.2:1 @ 4300 rpms, so I guess it's a good thing, and much more cost effective than a reflash, which I don't want to have to do until I get a TT.
Glad my information was helpful. In my humble opinion you are still pretty lean at 14.2:1. You should be at or around 12.5:1 across the board under WOT for optimal gains. Tweak your map a little more to get into that range and then get dyno'd again. I bet you see some additional hp. I'll be going this saturday to get dyno'd after all the tuning I've done. I'm expecting to be in the 250's somewhere. We'll see.

-Chris
Old 01-05-2005, 08:26 AM
pulpz2

Chris, I'm really impressed with what your approach to moding your car. Reason being is, I think the conventional thinking (at least mine) is install air intake and plenium and that s all that’s necessary to get hp gains. But it appears that’s not true. Airflow is improved but the F/A ratio is lean as a result. This can’t be good. And I wonder if this is why people are not seeing/feeling the gains they expected (and some cases losses). So I'm anticipating your dyno results.

I'm sold on this approach unless someone can provide some negative criticism of e-manage system (danger/reliability/ etc.)

If I can find time this spring I will be adding a plenium and e-manage in addition to my existing pop charger.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:16 AM
ChrisMCagle

Originally posted by pulpz2
Chris, I'm really impressed with what your approach to moding your car. Reason being is, I think the conventional thinking (at least mine) is install air intake and plenium and that s all that’s necessary to get hp gains. But it appears that’s not true. Airflow is improved but the F/A ratio is lean as a result. This can’t be good. And I wonder if this is why people are not seeing/feeling the gains they expected (and some cases losses). So I'm anticipating your dyno results.

I'm sold on this approach unless someone can provide some negative criticism of e-manage system (danger/reliability/ etc.)

If I can find time this spring I will be adding a plenium and e-manage in addition to my existing pop charger.
Thanks! I too am looking forward to my dyno runs this Saturday to see exactly what I'm putting down at the wheels. Hopefully it won't be raining too much and be humid. That may cause some negative results on the dyno.

-Chris
Old 01-06-2005, 10:32 AM
n1cK!
Infiltrator!

Originally posted by ChrisMCagle
Hopefully it won't be raining too much and be humid.
-Chris
HUMID?? in california?? ha! try doin' it out in hawaii, in any given time of the year! especially in the summer time, yech! yeah yeah yeah, that was a little off topic, sorry

n1cK!

Last edited by n1cK!; 01-06-2005 at 10:35 AM.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:07 AM
ChrisMCagle

Originally posted by n1cK!
HUMID?? in california?? ha! try doin' it out in hawaii, in any given time of the year! especially in the summer time, yech! yeah yeah yeah, that was a little off topic, sorry

n1cK!
Yeah, I was in Oahu a couple years ago for my Honeymoon and the air was REAL thick. You had to cut it and chew it before you could breathe it.

-Chris
Old 01-07-2005, 08:23 AM
kwkslvr

ok, just got the e-manage in the mail today, opened it up and realized I can't read a word of the instructions!! Could anyone point me in the right direction to find the translated wiring diagrams?
Old 01-07-2005, 08:26 AM
kwkslvr

ok, that last post was my stupid moment of the day, which I realized when I went to the Greddy site and saw their tech support had PDF files for everything I need.........
Old 01-07-2005, 09:01 AM
ChrisMCagle

ok, that last post was my stupid moment of the day, which I realized when I went to the Greddy site and saw their tech support had PDF files for everything I need.........
Here's a link to the wiring instructions that I made:

http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/ins...age_wiring.pdf

-Chris
Old 01-09-2005, 08:49 AM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so you get your dyno?
Old 01-09-2005, 12:45 PM
kwkslvr

hey chris, how'd the dyno go yesterday ?
Old 01-09-2005, 02:47 PM
ChrisMCagle

hey chris, how'd the dyno go yesterday ?
Well, the dyno results were pretty disappointing to say the least. It was raining and cold so that may have effected the numbers, but the main thing that I need to do is adjust the A/F. My max hp was 243, but my A/F ratio was down in the low 11's and high 10's. WAY too rich. It was strange that when I did all the tuning a while back and logged my A/F it was 12.5 across the board, but now it's down in the 11's. I guess I'll have to lean out my fuel map and then see what happens.

-Chris
Old 01-09-2005, 03:44 PM
pulpz2

Chris,

Can you log the emanage data while your on the dyno? This way you can compare the emanage A/F to the dyno A/F.

Or maybe, prepair 2-3 maps before you go to the dyno and change the map while you are on the dyno.

Just a thought I've never dynoed so I dont know how practicle this is.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:16 PM
kwkslvr

wow, that sucks.......... the a/f that you logged, was that from the exhaust pipe or your o2 senors ?
Old 01-09-2005, 05:17 PM
kwkslvr

i wonder if the car running rich is purely a by-product of the air around the car being static as compared to moving.......
Old 01-09-2005, 09:11 PM
KRZY1

i wonder if the car running rich is purely a by-product of the air around the car being static as compared to moving.......
Yeah I was thinking that too... Your not getting the air velocity into the car on a dyno no matter how big a fan they shove in front of the car. Also it could have something to do with the difference in loads the engine sees between the dyno and real life. I would guess more tho that the lack of velocity in the air lowered your A/Fs a bit...
Old 01-09-2005, 09:53 PM
THX723

That could not have been the case. The MAF would have accounted for exactly how much fuel to inject vs. the amount of air actually being ingested.

A couple of things could have transpired here.

1. Long term fuel trim has walked away from the value for which you originaly tuned the eManage to.

2. Your car did not see the same load on the DynoJet vs. on the road when you tuned it. In essence, it was not hitting the cells you modified in eManage.

These are some of the growing pains for dealing with a 'piggy back'.

With respect to power gain for NA application ... correcting AF yield minimal power gain, unless you were so far off the chart. If you do it ... do it for the health/reliability of the engine in mind, rather than power gain. Tweaking with Ignition timing advance is where the hidden power's at. Unfortunately, the eManage is not capable of advance timing.

Christ,
Just curious ... when was the alst time you performed an ECU reset.

Last edited by THX723; 01-09-2005 at 10:06 PM.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:20 AM
Zexy

Originally posted by THX723

1. Long term fuel trim has walked away from the value for which you originaly tuned the eManage to.

These are some of the growing pains for dealing with a 'piggy back'.
Question to 1. I still don't see why the engine would run too rich all of the sudden, but then i'm trying to understand what you say. Exactly how does the fuel trim "walk away"? Mind my stupidity.

And about the growing pains with the piggyback.. Have you ever had this experience?

Interesting thread

Quick Reply: eManage installed on my N/A Z