Old 04-01-2009, 11:37 AM
biggersNISMO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh boy! here we go again lol

Last edited by biggersNISMO; 04-01-2009 at 11:38 AM. Reason: mistake on quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:10 PM
kramykram

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man oh man. got my 20's now to pull the fenders, slam my car again and then paint. then maybe this manifold will be ready.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Tac-M

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ wait what ? 20's ?
Old 04-02-2009, 04:51 AM
KS0385

Originally Posted by Tac-M
^ wait what ? 20's ?
He wants to go slow, so the girls can see 'em spinnin'.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:30 AM
kakashishin

Originally Posted by KS0385
He wants to go slow, so the girls can see 'em spinnin'.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Peak350

Originally Posted by warmmilk
^maybe, maybe not, the ports in the lower manifold look pretty smooth and efficient. if this was for a complete all out na build (9-10k rpm) then they're prolly sacrificing some up top, but for stock or bolton's, imo the stock bottom portion is fine. to tell you the truth, i think the top portion is fine also, the pessimist in me speaks out. i doubt they're gain any power worth the hassel, but i'd love to be proven wrong!
Personally I want to know why we go from a round (semi round at least) port on the head to a square port on the runners. It doesn't make sense to me, there should be more edge losses and potential for turbulent flow (in a bad way) with a square runner, and I assume its to optimize spacing in some way.

I'd be more interested in seeing a new lower so that the runners stay round throughout the length, but thats really about the only reason I see for it, unless they'd be willing to make a built in direct port nitrous/fuel rail on each bank with integrated nozzles. But thats excessive and wouldn't make money.

The upper is the beauty piece with the ability to make a few ponies as well (hopefully).
Old 04-02-2009, 10:45 PM
T_K

Originally Posted by Peak350
Personally I want to know why we go from a round (semi round at least) port on the head to a square port on the runners. It doesn't make sense to me, there should be more edge losses and potential for turbulent flow (in a bad way) with a square runner, and I assume its to optimize spacing in some way.

I'd be more interested in seeing a new lower so that the runners stay round throughout the length, but thats really about the only reason I see for it, unless they'd be willing to make a built in direct port nitrous/fuel rail on each bank with integrated nozzles. But thats excessive and wouldn't make money.

The upper is the beauty piece with the ability to make a few ponies as well (hopefully).
Theres been some research done on oval ports vs square ports, and square ports don't begin to perform better than their oval counterparts until some radical amount of lift (greater than 14mm).

As for the lower manifold and runners, I'd imagine the square runners are strictly for increased cross sectional area, while occupying the same amount of metal/space.

TK
Old 04-03-2009, 03:03 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

This product has went the way of the dinos?
Old 04-03-2009, 04:20 AM
A.H

Originally Posted by 0jiggy0
This product has went the way of the dinos?

So i didn't sleep at all this night/morning and I'm really tired but Idk why I started cracking up when I read that. It took a while to get it cause i am tired but when it hit me i got a good laugh

I'm still waiting just like the rest of you guys
Old 04-03-2009, 04:31 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Start drinkin a couple beers before bed man. I dont know how many times ive seen you post that. I think you explained it in another thread( great job choosing the brakes.) **** is gonna catch up to you quick lol.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:54 AM
350Zimo

Originally Posted by A.H

So i didn't sleep at all this night/morning and I'm really tired but Idk why I started cracking up when I read that. It took a while to get it cause i am tired but when it hit me i got a good laugh

I'm still waiting just like the rest of you guys
man, i wish i had your patience!
Why don't you just get a TT?
Old 04-03-2009, 10:56 AM
kramykram

Originally Posted by Tac-M
^ wait what ? 20's ?
lol i promise my cars not slow. they are not spinners. haha
Old 04-03-2009, 12:17 PM
A.H

Originally Posted by 350Zimo
man, i wish i had your patience!
Why don't you just get a TT?
lol everyone asks me that. I've almost gone turbo a couple times but have decided against it for the time being. It's really the only thing left I have to do and I have already beefed up the other parts of the car to really make a TT fun and safe. Like my goal was the do the brakes/suspension/wheels/tires/etc... in order to get ready to handle the increased power of the TT but my goals have just changed.

Basically if you get a TT, it is inevitable that your motor will blow eventually, and you will have to build and I just don't want to pay for that let alone the TT which is 12k. I just don't feel comfortable paying 12k to be worreid everyday to push my car thinking the motor coudl blow at any second. The nice thing about NA, other than instant response, is that you can drive the car to it's maximum potential for long periods of time without having to worry about thowing a rod. And i know HR's make about 500whp on 10 PSI but I was told if you go do a long canyon or go to the track it is recommened you turn it down to like 380/400whp so the motor doesn't blow during a long period of abuse. So that 500whp is more like once in a while you do a freeway run and that's it. I couldn't live with paying so much and having to worry all the time.

Plus the power I have now doens't feel slow, but of course it's not that fast. But i'm satisfied with it believe it or not And since my car is auto and I love my car to death, I want to keep it for a long time(10 years) and keep it my DD when I pick up another car in 2-4 years. And there is a pretty good chance my engine wouldn't last 10 years if I had a TT, especially with my "spirited driviing".

And another thing I dont' like is how a TT is a money pit. You have to pay initial 12k(for the setup I want) just get the basic kit. Then there is always maintenaince issues. And on top of that, if you sell the car the value stays the same or might slightly decrease but peopple often stay away from turboed cars so you won't have that many people interested whcih will take even longer to sell. So what you would have to do is pay to uninstall everything and it's just one big huge hassle.

Then there is the fact I live in liberal California where lawmakers nuthugg the **** out of emmisions and actually care to look and bust you for turbos/loud exhaust etc... If I got busted for TT I woudl have to uninstall it, take it to the ref, then re-install it and again it's just more $$$ and lots of troubles.

I'm not going to lie, it woudl be badass to have a TT pushing over 500whp but the risks involved are too great for me to take and I don't feel any type of value involved even though technically, without looking at the whole picture, a TT gives amazing HP per dollar. Like i **** my pants when a cop pulls me over because I don't want to get an exhaust ticket and have to go through the hassle of taking off and putting on stock exhaust/cats. Now if I have to worry he is goign to make me pop my hood and give me a ref ticket, I think i would shed a tear knowing how much more money I'm goign to have to pay in order to keep the setup I have now

And idk I may just be really wierd but I think I have decided if a car came from the manufacturer without a turbo, it's not worth the hassle to go turbo but this is just imo and just at this stage i'm in. Don't get me wrong, a TT would be so so so so so much fun but I just don't have the money to truly be able to afford FI. It's not just buy a 8k turbo kit and your done. Lots of extra finances involved and I'm just at a stage where I feel like I've spent enough money on this car and want to start saving for my next car vs blow more money into this car.

I'm probably going to say **** it one of these days but i'm not there yet

I know you were probably asking for a much shorter answer but I had to rant lol. I guess I could have just answered your question with "I dont have enough money" but it's too late now haha. Sorry for the very long and detailed post
Old 04-03-2009, 12:21 PM
A.H

Originally Posted by 0jiggy0
Start drinkin a couple beers before bed man. I dont know how many times ive seen you post that. I think you explained it in another thread( great job choosing the brakes.) **** is gonna catch up to you quick lol.
Yea I know it's going to catch up with me, but I see your always up with me posting away What are you doing up? I'm just retarded but what your excuse And I love my brakes to death, so purty
Originally Posted by kramykram
lol i promise my cars not slow. they are not spinners. haha
Kramy just wants his whip to be fresh

Now that you bring it up, I woudl love to see spinners on a Z, it would so funny i'm pretty sure my stomach would hurt from the laughter
Old 04-03-2009, 12:27 PM
350Zimo

Originally Posted by A.H
lol everyone asks me that. I've almost gone turbo a couple times but have decided against it for the time being. It's really the only thing left I have to do and I have already beefed up the other parts of the car to really make a TT fun and safe. Like my goal was the do the brakes/suspension/wheels/tires/etc... in order to get ready to handle the increased power of the TT but my goals have just changed.

Basically if you get a TT, it is inevitable that your motor will blow eventually, and you will have to build and I just don't want to pay for that let alone the TT which is 12k. I just don't feel comfortable paying 12k to be worreid everyday to push my car thinking the motor coudl blow at any second. The nice thing about NA, other than instant response, is that you can drive the car to it's maximum potential for long periods of time without having to worry about thowing a rod. And i know HR's make about 500whp on 10 PSI but I was told if you go do a long canyon or go to the track it is recommened you turn it down to like 380/400whp so the motor doesn't blow during a long period of abuse. So that 500whp is more like once in a while you do a freeway run and that's it. I couldn't live with paying so much and having to worry all the time.

Plus the power I have now doens't feel slow, but of course it's not that fast. But i'm satisfied with it believe it or not And since my car is auto and I love my car to death, I want to keep it for a long time(10 years) and keep it my DD when I pick up another car in 2-4 years. And there is a pretty good chance my engine wouldn't last 10 years if I had a TT, especially with my "spirited driviing".

And another thing I dont' like is how a TT is a money pit. You have to pay initial 12k(for the setup I want) just get the basic kit. Then there is always maintenaince issues. And on top of that, if you sell the car the value stays the same or might slightly decrease but peopple often stay away from turboed cars so you won't have that many people interested whcih will take even longer to sell. So what you would have to do is pay to uninstall everything and it's just one big huge hassle.

Then there is the fact I live in liberal California where lawmakers nuthugg the **** out of emmisions and actually care to look and bust you for turbos/loud exhaust etc... If I got busted for TT I woudl have to uninstall it, take it to the ref, then re-install it and again it's just more $$$ and lots of troubles.

I'm not going to lie, it woudl be badass to have a TT pushing over 500whp but the risks involved are too great for me to take and I don't feel any type of value involved even though technically, without looking at the whole picture, a TT gives amazing HP per dollar. Like i **** my pants when a cop pulls me over because I don't want to get an exhaust ticket and have to go through the hassle of taking off and putting on stock exhaust/cats. Now if I have to worry he is goign to make me pop my hood and give me a ref ticket, I think i would shed a tear knowing how much more money I'm goign to have to pay in order to keep the setup I have now

And idk I may just be really wierd but I think I have decided if a car came from the manufacturer without a turbo, it's not worth the hassle to go turbo but this is just imo and just at this stage i'm in. Don't get me wrong, a TT would be so so so so so much fun but I just don't have the money to truly be able to afford FI. It's not just buy a 8k turbo kit and your done. Lots of extra finances involved and I'm just at a stage where I feel like I've spent enough money on this car and want to start saving for my next car vs blow more money into this car.

I'm probably going to say **** it one of these days but i'm not there yet

I know you were probably asking for a much shorter answer but I had to rant lol. I guess I could have just answered your question with "I dont have enough money" but it's too late now haha. Sorry for the very long and detailed post
ahhhhh, come on man, just do it, quit looking for excuses. I am done doing n/a bolt ons, i want the powa
Old 04-03-2009, 01:05 PM
A.H

Originally Posted by 350Zimo
ahhhhh, come on man, just do it, quit looking for excuses. I am done doing n/a bolt ons, i want the powa
I'm too big of a puss I'll stick to what I got for now then get the powa for my next car which will be a stick 100%. No rush

If I do say **** it and get it I'm not goign to run more than 5psi, at least I would try to keep it at 5
Old 04-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Smackin

I personally agree with A.H and have decided that this is about the same route im going. I just need to do a couple more upgrades and im done with hp/tq. Im hoping that this Intake manifold will work out. Unlike the one here posted on the Z-car''s blog

http://www.zcarblog.com/2009/04/01/p...atic-350z.html

I know that manifold is not on a HR... but man that is depressive!
Old 04-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Tac-M

hey A.H. +1 on not going turbo. the z is fast enough. it took me 2 hpde events to
feel probably a half of what it can really do.

going for an uprev tune on monday ! yay !
Old 04-03-2009, 01:31 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

5 psi is weaksauce A.H. Go big or go home lol. Besides u know you'll be addicted top boost and def wanna turn it up!!

I always drive on high boost ......

Last edited by Jay'Z; 04-04-2009 at 05:47 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:00 PM
KS0385

Agree with AH on turbo build. I researched a lot, and it seems like a huge hassle, but huge fun.

What I really really want to see is a COMPLETE build such as this for the HR:

https://my350z.com/forum/na-builds/2...p-to-nuts.html

Quick Reply: NEW Intake Manifold for VQ35HR!!