Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

GTM Performance Engineering 350Z HR SUPERCHARGER KIT PRESS RELEASE

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 09:04 PM
Nismo1534

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam@GTM
Try it now, also the HR install is easier then the VHR .

Sam
Do you have a HR 350z specific install guide?
Old 09-10-2010, 09:30 AM
tribal_visionz

Can't wait to hear some of these questions answered!
Old 09-10-2010, 02:22 PM
stylett9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't supposed it'd be a dream come true if that turn key kit was the price installed?
Old 09-11-2010, 05:23 AM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Originally Posted by ordinaryme
WOW!!! Definately worth waiting for!!! Wondering if your engine management system works with European models?
Yes it will, We have sold many turbo kit to Europe and it have been very successful.

Sam
Old 09-11-2010, 05:31 AM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Originally Posted by 350zhr
very nice, other than stage1, aftermarket exhaust and stage 1 dynos, will we see stage 2 dyno? is stage 2 a 10psi pulley or a larger trim supercharger?
It will be a little while for the stage 2 and it will be a different charger... larger trim .

Sam
Old 09-11-2010, 05:52 AM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Originally Posted by Nismo#24
Is GTM willing to install the kit themselves since they are obviously the leading experts on it? Along with the necessary tunning? What would we be looking at for a price out the door with the tuner kit, installed and tuned by GTM?
Yes we are, the price for the STG 1 500HP turn key kit installed is 7995.00 . Tuner kit will be a bit cheaper depending on what EMS you have .

Sam

Last edited by Sam@GTM; 09-11-2010 at 05:53 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:10 AM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Originally Posted by PennywiseG35S
The dyno numbers are with the 8 psi or 10 psi pulley?
The pulley that made 8 psi on the VHR is making 11 psi on the HR engine. Point is that what you see here is just a quick exercise to make sure every thing is working and falling in place. It really took about an hour of actual tuning time to get this results so far. Will need to spend some more time with car to see what will be the final psi that we need to run to get the 500 HP Goal we are after. But so far so good we are already there on stock exhaust and cats .

Sam
Old 09-11-2010, 06:17 AM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Originally Posted by Lakeside
Very Nice! This is obviously the Stage 1 kit running on how much Boost?!

Any chance we can get a Vid clip without the Dyno noise Do a a drive by.

I am interested in seeing the Stage 2 kit results. Also what Boost will it will be using.?

What will it take to hit the 500 RWHP mark?! Thats what I want to know. I want to be in the 450-525 RWHP range with HKS Hi-power true dual exhaust, Crawford HFC's and Stillen headers...

Whats it going to take?

Zim
For your goals it is going to take a twin turbo kit simple as that.. You will never never see 500WHP out of this kit.

As for the stage 2 kit no time frame is set right now so it will be a little while before that become available.

Sam
Old 09-11-2010, 06:20 AM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Originally Posted by ssarow
Yes this is my question as well. . how much with install + tune as well? How well do you guys think the stock block can handle it with stock internals?
The block on the HR which is the same on the VHR, has been doing very well so far.

Sam
Old 09-11-2010, 06:24 AM
brandon3434

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any pics of the intercooler with the bumper on by any chance? Kits looks sick!
Old 09-11-2010, 06:31 AM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

I have some Fuel management questions.

I already have UpRev. Would I have to ship GTM my ECU for the turn key version? I would like to have my car custom Dyno tuned for my Mods! The closest shop is 4 hrs away. I could trailer the car but would prefer not to. I would be taking it there anyways to have an aftermarket clutch installed. These are all things I need to hash out over the phone.

Post up a Vid with the car not on the dyno so we can hear the engine without the dyno rollers. Also will you be putting up a graph of the Boost/HP/TQ curve? Curious to see the complete powerband.

Zim
You don't have to send the ecu for the tune, the kit does come the the flash cable which will allows us to supply you the tune via e mail .

We have done it this way for the last two yeas with all our turbo kits that have been sold world wide with excellent results .

Here is the a little more details about the process

http://www.gtmotorsports.com/Manuals...rn_Key_EMS.pdf

Sam
Old 09-11-2010, 06:37 AM
cdoxp800

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here is the a little more details about the process

http://www.gtmotorsports.com/Manuals...rn_Key_EMS.pdf

Sam

That's some great info.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:38 AM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Originally Posted by Nismo1534
What do you think the install will be like? I know it's technically a 'bolt-on' but what are we looking at here? Engine pull or can it all be done from in the engine bay? Is this something that would come with install instructions? I am curious how DIY-friendly a project like this would be. Definitely do a writeup if you go through with this!
You don't need to pull the engine out, we are charging 14 hours to install the complete kit so that should give an idea of what is involve, Also we have spent a lot time to make the most detailed set instructions in the industry to make things easier on you, Here is a sample link of what the instruction will look like, keep in mind that the install on the 350Z hr is much easier

http://www.gtmotorsports.com/Manuals..._G37_Coupe.pdf

Sam
Old 09-11-2010, 06:42 AM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Originally Posted by Nismo1534
Do you have a HR 350z specific install guide?
It is coming .

Sam
Old 09-11-2010, 07:12 AM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Originally Posted by dbsears
Finally!!! I have been waiting so long for this. Here are a few of my questions I have off hand:

-Can stg1 run up to 10psi? Do you offer a pulley for that or must you upgrade to stg2 to run above 8psi?
-Why does the 350HR only have 1 air filter compared to 2 on the 370 kit?
-Do you think with appropriate HFC's and a good dual 2.5in exhaust you would see 450whp+ with the stg1?
-Like asked earlier why does the Bosch DV flutter so much in the video...that isn't correct. Is it the V710 version of the Bosch valve?
-Will a competition oil cooler fit with this kit? I assume so but just want to be certain.

Very interested in one of these kits if I can get more info on it.
-Yes, the stage one can accomplish 11 psi and we do offer 5 different pulley sizes right now . upgrading to the stage 2 is for accomplishing more power, it is a bigger charger.

-The 350ZHr chassis has more room so we were able to run a larger single inlet pipe with a bigger filter vs the 370Z.

-Superchargers require back pressure. usually HFC and headers are not a good choice with a supercharger system, they can cause a drop of boost. The stage one kit is designed to accomplish 500 BHP which equal 410 WHP, So far we have made close to those numbers with all factory exhaust and cats components, We are going to be testing with a better exhaust so expect the numbers to be higher .

-A little flutter is normal to a certain degree, we will be trying different bypass valve to see if we can make it better .

-Fitting an oil cooler is possible, we may have to play with dimensions of the cooler to accommodate the supercharger kit .

Sam

Last edited by Sam@GTM; 09-11-2010 at 07:15 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:30 AM
Lakeside

For your goals it is going to take a twin turbo kit simple as that.. You will never never see 500WHP out of this kit.

As for the stage 2 kit no time frame is set right now so it will be a little while before that become available.

Sam
I am starting to releaze this! Sure I could do the Stage II SC kit but the boost levels would be well above what I want to run to achieve the HP I am looking for. I would settle for 475-485 whp with an SC but if I go TT I want 500-520 whp. I want to be in the 500 WHP club! lol

So this is what I am thinking:

GTM Stage 1 TT turn key kit
GTM oil cooler kit
HKS Turbo timer Type-1
HKS EVC boost controller
SZ High 5 clutch
water temp gauge

HKS AFK controller would be sweet but to much $$$ I also don't have extra bung in Crawford HFC's & I don't want to run anything else. Would have to weld one in

Run on 93 oct with 9-10 psi boost should be right where I wanna be

Any discount for ordering all at once? lol Or I'll just buy the extra's first. Pickup the kit last.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:43 AM
PennywiseG35S

The pulley that made 8 psi on the VHR is making 11 psi on the HR engine. Point is that what you see here is just a quick exercise to make sure every thing is working and falling in place. It really took about an hour of actual tuning time to get this results so far. Will need to spend some more time with car to see what will be the final psi that we need to run to get the 500 HP Goal we are after. But so far so good we are already there on stock exhaust and cats .

Sam
Is the compressor that much smaller that you have to run 11 PSI in order to make 400WHP? How big of a drop in CFM from the VHR kit is it to the HR kit? No big deal just curious. The kit looks awesome so far, how long until we see some dyno numbers for the 08 G35S 5AT you have a kit installed on? Thanks Sam.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:10 AM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Originally Posted by PennywiseG35S
Is the compressor that much smaller that you have to run 11 PSI in order to make 400WHP? How big of a drop in CFM from the VHR kit is it to the HR kit? No big deal just curious. The kit looks awesome so far, how long until we see some dyno numbers for the 08 G35S 5AT you have a kit installed on? Thanks Sam.
We are running the same charger as the VHR the only difference between the two setups are one is a 3.5L and has no VVEL and other one is a 3.7L with VVEL. and again the dyno run ,the graph and boost level was only for testing, don't make your conclusions based on that... we are not done .

We will be on the dyno with the G35 HR this afternoon .

Sam

Last edited by Sam@GTM; 09-11-2010 at 08:12 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:13 AM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

I am starting to releaze this! Sure I could do the Stage II SC kit but the boost levels would be well above what I want to run to achieve the HP I am looking for. I would settle for 475-485 whp with an SC but if I go TT I want 500-520 whp. I want to be in the 500 WHP club! lol

So this is what I am thinking:

GTM Stage 1 TT turn key kit
GTM oil cooler kit
HKS Turbo timer Type-1
HKS EVC boost controller
SZ High 5 clutch
water temp gauge

HKS AFK controller would be sweet but to much $$$ I also don't have extra bung in Crawford HFC's & I don't want to run anything else. Would have to weld one in

Run on 93 oct with 9-10 psi boost should be right where I wanna be

Any discount for ordering all at once? lol Or I'll just buy the extra's first. Pickup the kit last.
Shoot me an e mail and will put something together for you.

Sam
Old 09-11-2010, 05:17 PM
Nismo1534

Sam, add some photos of the front with the fascia put back on! Also, as others have said, videos with the car in motion, acceleration, etc would be greatly appreciated. Finally, does anything need to be significantly fabricated/modified for the kit to fit, or is it simple relocation here and there and maybe a few holes drilled?

Quick Reply: GTM Performance Engineering 350Z HR SUPERCHARGER KIT PRESS RELEASE