Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

350z HR Bolt-Ons Dyno Updated 8/6/14

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 10:56 AM
The_Assassin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys the dynojet dyno is still down until maybe end of next week. There is another dyno jet that I might do 3 runs on. I hate waiting lol. I prrviously made 295 on that dyno before tune. Do you guys think I should wait or just use this one

Last edited by The_Assassin; 11-06-2014 at 11:00 AM.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:42 PM
Bmurray350z

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

i dont understand why you're wasting all this money on dyno runs lol. just go run it down the 1/4 mile

Last edited by Bmurray350z; 11-06-2014 at 06:39 PM.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:14 PM
The_Assassin

Originally Posted by Bmurray350z
i dont understand why you're waisting all this money on dyno runs lol. just go run it down the 1/4 mile

hahaha yea man your right. They closed down our track. The closest track is over a 100 mile commute. I might go in december but first need to get rfp1s and wider tires.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:56 PM
tommy smith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The_Assassin
hahaha yea man your right. They closed down our track. The closest track is over a 100 mile commute. I might go in december but first need to get rfp1s and wider tires.
In Florida 100 miles is like around the corner

MPH will show your H.P. better than a dyno. That's because MPH is ALWAYS on a paper time slip and it doesn't matter what color/size or brand the paper is

Last edited by tommy smith; 11-06-2014 at 04:02 PM.
Old 11-06-2014, 04:01 PM
The_Assassin

Originally Posted by tommy smith
Yea hopefully i will be able to go in december once i save up enough to get wheels and tires.
Old 11-06-2014, 04:07 PM
tommy smith

Default Is the car on blocks ???? :)

MPH will show your H.P. better than a dyno. That's because MPH is ALWAYS on a paper time slip and it doesn't matter what color/size or brand the paper is
Just go with the street tires. It's good to do that as a base test. The base/first runs will help you understand what type of tires you might need to use.
Old 11-06-2014, 04:14 PM
The_Assassin

Picked these up guys. 560cc injectors. Will be putting them in when I get headers and ported lower plenum.

Just go with the street tires. It's good to do that as a base test. The base/first runs will help you understand what type of tires you might need to use.
I have stock tire specs. My time would suck as I spin a lot because of the gears and stock vlsd. Right rear tire is bald.
Old 11-06-2014, 04:21 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,049 Likes on 6,515 Posts

one wheel wonder...... but after seeing your mustang dyno sheet, why is the filter value 40? mine is 6

just talking out loud btw

** edit, just read that the filter value takes out the jerkiness of the graph.... carry on

Last edited by travlee; 11-06-2014 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-06-2014, 04:24 PM
tommy smith

Picked these up guys. 560cc injectors. Will be putting them in when I get headers and ported lower plenum.

I have stock tire specs. My time would suck as I spin a lot because of the gears and stock vlsd. Right rear tire is bald.
After just reading what you posted on top ^^^^ I should have stuck to my promise of not bothering you or reading your posts.

Maybe in a year from now I'll check up on your new mods and new dyno sheets.
Old 11-06-2014, 04:37 PM
The_Assassin

After just reading what you posted on top ^^^^ I should have stuck to my promise of not bothering you or reading your posts.

Maybe in a year from now I'll check up on your new mods and new dyno sheets.

Lol no prob buddy. At the end of the day my car my money my dyno sheets. Enjoy ur life. See ya next year.If you want to see me at thr trackso badly just give me $1900 to buy enkeis and tires. I already told you am going next month or so

Last edited by The_Assassin; 11-06-2014 at 04:38 PM.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:25 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

The only way i would consider 3inch intakes is if its cold air intakes. Actually a 370 made 329 whp on his mustang dyno with custom 2.75 inch...11 more than other 3.7 L
Yes seen that and I plan to do a Longtube version as well I think all these would factor I into a nice bump in power.

Longtube 3" intakes
Porting the manifold
Porting the intake runner
Porting the TBs
Injectors
Tune

And hitting the track would be a nice cap on verifying all the mods but then again not everyone is Tommy Smith! I personally would be Heart broken if I couldn't hit a 12.3 with a 300 plus HR Z.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:39 PM
Bmurray350z

enkeis and tires will spin just as bad at a track. trust me, i've tried. you'll want some slicks for the track. street tires at the track is a waste of time and $
Old 11-06-2014, 06:55 PM
tommy smith

Default You've always been a very nice, fair guy & clear thinking

Originally Posted by KingBaby
Yes seen that and I plan to do a Longtube version as well I think all these would factor I into a nice bump in power.

Longtube 3" intakes
Porting the manifold
Porting the TBs
Injectors
Tune

And hitting the track would be a nice cap on verifying all the mods but then again not everyone is Tommy Smith! I personally would be Heart broken if I couldn't hit a 12.3 with a 300 plus HR Z.
For a long time now I liked and respected you.... Thank you and it's Andre
Old 11-06-2014, 07:04 PM
tommy smith

Default You are right

enkeis and tires will spin just as bad at a track. trust me, i've tried. you'll want some slicks for the track. street tires at the track is a waste of time and $
but it's not a bad idea going stock the first time or even a few times with stock tires. I did that with all my cars and moved on after learning what I need to do, to improve.

As you know, I ended up with slicks but my lsd & axles were stock Nissan.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:29 AM
The_Assassin

Originally Posted by KingBaby

Longtube 3" intakes
Porting the manifold
Porting the TBs
Injectors
Tune

With ur weight reduction you should be able to achieve those times at the track. what size is the injen cai?
Old 11-07-2014, 04:33 AM
The_Assassin

@travelee yea i read that somewhere also.

Yew but either way am tired of stock wheels. These aren't just because i want to eventually go to the track. Plus i dont know what to do to reduce wheel hop or whatever am experiencing when i get on it in first gear. Remember i was explaining that to you on instagram. Maybe some of you more experienced guys at the track can help. Maybe I need motor mounts?
Old 11-07-2014, 05:25 AM
Bmurray350z

Motor mounts have nothing to do with wheel hop. You need solid diff bushings. Or poly
Old 11-07-2014, 05:53 AM
gabez33

hahaha thats funny the people that say just mod and take it to the track....what a ridicules approach at performance tuning. Dynos and dyno tuning are every bit as important as trap speeds at the track. You get a more comprehensive look at your motor and health of the engine on a dyno than just throwing a bolt on and taking it to the track...thats how it was done in the old days pulling plugs and regapping at the track...stone age methods. Once you get your car DIALED IN, you take it to the track

As far as wheel hop in the Z, stiffer bushing and reduced deflection
you'll also want upper and lower control arms to reduce reciprocating mass and adjusting and lowering pinion angle geometry.

You can ran Enkies at the track too, just get a proper tire set up
Old 11-07-2014, 06:55 AM
tommy smith

Originally Posted by gabez33
hahaha thats funny the people that say just mod and take it to the track....what a ridicules approach at performance tuning. Dynos and dyno tuning are every bit as important as trap speeds at the track. You get a more comprehensive look at your motor and health of the engine on a dyno than just throwing a bolt on and taking it to the track...thats how it was done in the old days pulling plugs and regapping at the track...stone age methods. Once you get your car DIALED IN, you take it to the track

As far as wheel hop in the Z, stiffer bushing and reduced deflection
you'll also want upper and lower control arms to reduce reciprocating mass and adjusting and lowering pinion angle geometry.

You can ran Enkies at the track too, just get a proper tire set up
What if A person doesn't know how to drive. What if that person is just barely able to street drive, like I barely can write without misspelling

How would that play with what you posted ????
Old 11-07-2014, 07:06 AM
gabez33

What if A person doesn't know how to drive. What if that person is just barely able to street drive, like I barely can write without misspelling

How would that play with what you posted ????
Lol

Well would you rather have seat time in a dialed in car and just worry about fine tuning the driver mod....

Or have an unbalanced platform and driver mod issues as well.... I guess my methodology is different

And don't get me wrong wrong tommy, I do respect your driver skills

Quick Reply: 350z HR Bolt-Ons Dyno Updated 8/6/14