Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Which Blizzak?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 04:47 AM
yanotkaj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Blizzak?

I want to order Blizzaks for my Z. I have the 17" wheels. Which Blizzak should I order? LM-22 pr the WS-50?
Old 11-30-2004, 05:39 AM
grifferjr

Default Re: Which Blizzak?

Originally posted by yanotkaj
I want to order Blizzaks for my Z. I have the 17" wheels. Which Blizzak should I order? LM-22 pr the WS-50?
Depends on what you want. If you still want a tire that has some good performance and is still speed rated go with the LM-22. Downside to this tire is it is much more expensive than the WS-50.

If you would rather save a little cash and arent looking to be a speed demon over the winter the WS-50 might be for you. They are only rated into the mid 90mph's.

Also i have done some research and from what i have read the WS's are a little better snow tire. Dont get me wrong, the LM's are phenomenal also, just that they arent as great as the WS's cause the LM's are a touch harder in order to still give some performance. The WS's being softer are the best in the snow but are way too soft for aggressive dry driving.

hope this helps. I am buying my WS-50's today.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:15 AM
yanotkaj

Thanks for the info. I am no speed demon in the winter. I am going to go with the WS 50's as well. Are you ordering them online? I think I am going to order them from The Tire Rack. Thanks again
Old 11-30-2004, 06:39 AM
grifferjr

Thanks for the info. I am no speed demon in the winter. I am going to go with the WS 50's as well. Are you ordering them online? I think I am going to order them from The Tire Rack. Thanks again
yeah i was going to order them online but i am fortunate to have a discount tire retail store right up the road from me (i know they are regional). I called them to see how much they would charge to mount and balance per tire and from that talk they wanted to know where i was getting the tires from and then they beat the price. so i dont have to bother with the mail order shipment etc.

discount tire: you da bomb!!!!
Old 11-30-2004, 06:41 AM
Lucino

They should open one up here in Jersey.
Old 11-30-2004, 11:05 AM
grifferjr

Originally posted by Lucino
They should open one up here in Jersey.
yes they definately should. just finalized the deal and will be getting the snows on at the end of the week. not only did they match and beat tireracks price but they also let me just purchase the two rears. I had some places damn near chastize me for not wanting to put on all four. but i got real good bridgestone all seasons on the fronts of my 17's and should handle fine with just the rears being snows. i mean here in OH we get some snow but never anything that lasts on the roads more than half a day.

anyway tirerack with shipping wanted 249 for the two shipped. Then i would have to pay 15 per tire to mount. So Discount is doing everything plus the tire warranty for 260. Not bad.

And then if it really handles like **** in the first snow, i will go back and get the fronts done. And yes as you can guess those will also be at a price for less than tire rack.

again Discount Tire: YOU DA BOMB!!!!
Old 11-30-2004, 12:35 PM
yacoub

LM-22s are great. Got a set on right now. No snow yet though, but they still offer good performance in the dry/wet I've been through with them so far.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:06 PM
Vlad

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LM-22 is the only way to go. If don't do corners on high-speed, they can last quite a while. Mine are 3rd winter with still much left.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:08 PM
mdacko

buy them while you can. the factory that manufactures blizzaks burnt down a few weeks back. they are becoming harder and harder to get.

p.s yes discount tire is da bomb. my boyfriend is asst. store mgr, so if anyone around michigan needs a hookup let me know.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:11 PM
yanotkaj

I just checked with discount tire. They just told me that they have sold out of all the Blizzaks.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:45 AM
Lucino

that's what they told me too.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:47 AM
Lucino

I'm thinking jut get the tires from Tirerack and get some 17's that will clear the brembo from somewhere else... but seems like the totla package will cost more than just purchase from Tirerack, but I don't want the JH3 man, I would like something diff, Enkei RPF, RP02-J, or 5Zigen Typhoon, Fn01rc....

somebody help me.
Old 12-01-2004, 01:43 PM
grifferjr

hey wow that was right in the nick of time that i got mine then cause i just got off the phone with discount and they said mine will be in tommorrow. i am not gloating but rather wanted to bring up another tire possibility.

when i was working the deal for the zacks the rep pitched me real quick on some michellins that he said were rather new. a touch cheaper than the zacks (not by much though like 2 bucks a tire) and according to what he said, early reviews are great, even a bit better than the zacks. cant quite remember the name, frost something or other, dunno. what he said was their offsetting characteristic is that the reverse "Y" slits that are characteristic of the top grade snow tires, on these tires runs the entire depth of the tread. a quality that i guess even the blizzacks dont have. once the reverse "Y" slits are worn on the zacks which is about halfway on the tread, the tire basically turns into a great all season tire, which is made up by the tread block pattern.

sorry i cant remember the name but just thought i would try and help specially if the zacks are about gone!!
Old 12-01-2004, 03:57 PM
Zquicksilver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Which Blizzak?

I just ordered the LM-22's for my 17's two weeks ago from TIRERACK. They had plenty of them. I got to test them this week in the CHICAGO snow, I love them so far... great traction!!

Like someone mentioned, be easy on them in the corners and they will last a long time.

Bring on the snow

ps i paid $750 to my door.