Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Tenzo Wheels!! Good Or Bad?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 02:40 PM
New2350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tenzo Wheels!! Good Or Bad?

Well I was thinking of buying some Tenzo GF7 Rims for my redline but after reading a few comments about Tenzo not making a good rim...... I am at a brick wall. They are well priced and look pretty cool. I would like some feedback from people who "KNOW" if Tenzo makes a good rim or not. Have you seen the results yourself? Thanks guys.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:58 PM
TK2005

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't own Tenzo's but in the world of wheels, you tend to get what you pay for. There is a reason why Volks cost $3-4K and a similar looking wheel from another company costs $2K or less. Don't cheap out on one of the biggest purchases for your car. Don't get cheap on tires either. The Nismo wheels are going fairly cheap online. Look into those if you don't want to spend over $3K.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:55 PM
New2350

Bump for more info on Tenzo feedback. If the rims are fine mechanicaly I will get the tenzo's. No need to spend 3-4k on rims if the tenzo's are a good wheel. Weight being a factor also. I dont know what they weigh yet.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:31 PM
PhreeZe

Tenzo suck. Sorry for people that have them. Same with TSW, ADR, and other brands like that. I know the price is appealing but wheels brand like those are known for their poor quality. Finish issues, wheels bending/cracking, stuff like that. If you want a cheap but good rim. Look into the JAPANESE Enkei's. Not the U.S. ones you get at discount tire. Look into the models like RPF-1. Race worthy and they don't hurt the wallet. Plus they are light! Anyways hope I could be of some help...

Jason
Old 05-10-2006, 11:38 PM
myZter
PREMIER MEM.FTW

Originally Posted by PhreeZe
Tenzo suck. Sorry for people that have them. Same with TSW, ADR, and other brands like that. I know the price is appealing but wheels brand like those are known for their poor quality. Finish issues, wheels bending/cracking, stuff like that. If you want a cheap but good rim. Look into the JAPANESE Enkei's. Not the U.S. ones you get at discount tire. Look into the models like RPF-1. Race worthy and they don't hurt the wallet. Plus they are light! Anyways hope I could be of some help...

Jason
i agree. its more for like civics price range cars imo.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:43 PM
LvntheZ

tenzo- and other companies rip of wheel design.....and they do it to get people lured in at half the cost of original.....and those wheels suck!........wait and get something quality worthy i waited a long time to get my te's but hey i got what i wanted .......well worth the wait but hey get what you want!
Old 05-11-2006, 12:10 AM
onebadfyvo

When I was first shopping for wheels, I was interested in the TenzoR GT5. I went to a total of 3 tuner shops with ALL OF THEM saying that the TenzoR wheels have a tendency to crack. I guess I went to 3 because I was hoping that I would get a contradiction, but I didn't. I figured that these people new what they were talking about. As you can see, I went with a set of 5Zigen FN01R-C in 18's. I'm glad I listened to the ones who know, and I love what I have. Hope this helps.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:47 AM
turbogsr10

I've seen the rim of a Tenzo wheel completely separate from the spokes after hitting a pothole. I wouldn't recommend them. Cheaper wheels aren't so cheap if you have to keep buying new ones.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:38 AM
TK2005

Originally Posted by New2350
Bump for more info on Tenzo feedback. If the rims are fine mechanicaly I will get the tenzo's. No need to spend 3-4k on rims if the tenzo's are a good wheel. Weight being a factor also. I dont know what they weigh yet.
Why don't you just say what you mean? You want someone to tell you they are good so that you can justify buying cheap wheels. No one is going to tell you they are good. If you want them, get them.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:48 AM
G2Nice

Originally Posted by PhreeZe

Jason

A little off topic, I never heard of there being a difference in the US and Japanese Enkeis. How are they different?

Last edited by G2Nice; 05-11-2006 at 08:56 AM.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:53 AM
BRZ3303

Tenzo=bad
Old 05-11-2006, 09:21 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BRZ3303
Tenzo=bad
Yeah.. But the Name sounds cool.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:42 AM
BrianV

HRE wheels are super expensive and they've been prone to break under racing conditions, despite their reputation for quality. IMSA and the Viper Racing Club have banned HRE's from their races due to wheel fatigue and failure. You don't always get what you pay for.

Volk does make great rims though, but you are paying for the name. If you like the wheels and they look good, then get them.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:28 AM
New2350

Great info. I was hoping for someone to say that they were ok but it looks like the truth prevailed. Tenzo=Sucks. And all I have to say about that is Dam it. Those rims were cool looking and cheap. Always too good to be true. I a tenzo rep a message to see if Tenzo has any warranty's against cracking or bending. We will see.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:38 AM
05-Z

Originally Posted by BrianV
HRE wheels are super expensive and they've been prone to break under racing conditions, despite their reputation for quality. IMSA and the Viper Racing Club have banned HRE's from their races due to wheel fatigue and failure. You don't always get what you pay for.

Volk does make great rims though, but you are paying for the name. If you like the wheels and they look good, then get them.
+1....

I had "cheap" wheels in the past (Ruff) and not only did they look great, but from a structural integrity standpoint they were top notch too.

Get what you like, what's in stock, and whatever fits your budget.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:46 AM
iknowitsfast

Sounds silly, but i used to have tenzo everything in my cavalier...the racing seats, shift **** i think, and some other goodies and i loved them (yes yes, i was a rice boy too).....but dood, whats good for the goose AINT always good for the Gander.....Tenzo is cheap so are civics and cavaliers......you gotta Z go ya gotta step up to something of a better quality.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:46 AM
plumpzz

Ruff racing is good, and Rota too. Those are the only two cheap-replica companies i'd buy from.