Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Who Makes the Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 09:49 AM
scrapser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who Makes the Wheels?

There's a set of photos in the Gallery by "cpapasmurf". Many people have asked where the wheels he has came from in the photo comments but so far he has not replied. Does anyone else here know from looking at the pictures who makes the wheels? They look similar to Axis Hiros but the spokes are much wider and the center cap is different.

Thanks
Old 04-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Pics?

too lazy to find gallery
Old 04-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you have got to be kidding me.

this should be a bannable offense.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:04 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe they are the Axis Milanos.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:12 AM
coolblue830

https://my350z.com/forum/members/cpa...s-my-pics.html
Old 04-07-2009, 10:41 AM
scrapser

Thanks to you Rickdogg and anyone else who tried to help.

Not sure why it bothers some people when all you're doing is using the membership as leverage (you know...two heads are better than one). But whatever floats your boat I guess.

I'm pretty sure the Milanos have been discontinued by Axis. Too bad, decent 5 spoke aluminum wheels at a moderate price are hard to find these days. Most wheels are getting so fancy they look more like they belong in an 18th century Victorian tea set instead of on a car.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:44 AM
ExtaZ33

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'll sell you mine.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:00 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by scrapser

Not sure why it bothers some people when all you're doing is using the membership as leverage (you know...two heads are better than one). But whatever floats your boat I guess.

I'm pretty sure the Milanos have been discontinued by Axis. Too bad, decent 5 spoke aluminum wheels at a moderate price are hard to find these days. Most wheels are getting so fancy they look more like they belong in an 18th century Victorian tea set instead of on a car.
NP, I don't mind helping especially when the member is clear and has readable writing. Good luck in finding a set. It looks like you may be able to find a set now that Studdybuddy chimed in
Old 04-07-2009, 11:11 AM
scrapser

Thanks for the offer StuddyBuddy...not yet ready to jump but they do look very good on the DB Z. I just checked the Axis site and they do have them available again. I know they were not available in 2007 because I was looking at the Hiros back then and saw a set of Milanos on some gallery site but were not on the Axis site. Maybe they play around with their annual offerings each year.

A rep at Wheel Studio told me back in late 2007 that Axis makes their wheels according to expected sales and when they run out, that's it until the next year's production cycle. Seems reasonable to me.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:05 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

don't be a jackass and act like you are being persecuted just for asking a question. I thought you should have provided either a link to the gallery or an embedded picture of the rims. you post a thread with no effort on your side and want to sit back and have everyone else look it up for you. boo hoo.

I always help people out with their questions when I see they have the basic respect to put some effort into their post.

those rims are ugly and cheap as hell anyway.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:14 PM
ExtaZ33

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Motormouth

those rims are ugly and cheap as hell anyway.
Your rims are way more ugly.

What makes them cheap? The fact that they are cast?
Old 04-07-2009, 12:20 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by StudyBuddy
Your rims are way more ugly.

LOL no need to start now guys. Motormouth does have a point that you should have provided a link to his gallery or linked up a IMG code to a picture from his gallery. I was taking a break so I didn't mind doing some extra work. However, for the future it's a good idea to do some extra leg work on your side
Old 04-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Originally Posted by StudyBuddy
It's 2009. I'm shocked that this question still has to be asked.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Spork

Not sure why it's so difficult for you to provide a picture for your question.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:51 PM
Zian

This is getting unreal. The guy asked a simple question and people jump all over him because he didn't put in a link or a picture. If it's too much work for you to answer the question DON'T ANSWER IT. Navigate away from the post and move on. I can't believe what some of the long time members around here do to people who ask basic questions. It is one thing if someone asks a question that has been covered 8 million times and they could have searched for it (when search is working...). This guy clearly tried to find his answer and couldn't. The rude, snappy, i-know-everything-and-how-dare-you-ask-something attitude is getting out of control.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:21 AM
scrapser

Originally Posted by Zian
This is getting unreal. The guy asked a simple question and people jump all over him because he didn't put in a link or a picture. If it's too much work for you to answer the question DON'T ANSWER IT. Navigate away from the post and move on. I can't believe what some of the long time members around here do to people who ask basic questions. It is one thing if someone asks a question that has been covered 8 million times and they could have searched for it (when search is working...). This guy clearly tried to find his answer and couldn't. The rude, snappy, i-know-everything-and-how-dare-you-ask-something attitude is getting out of control.
Thanks guy...better for me to let the dust settle on this one and walk away with some lessons learned. By the way, I did get a PM from the owner of the car in question. Thanks again everyone.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:40 AM
Spork

Originally Posted by Zian
Is it that hard to post a picture?