Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Slip light and handle issue with new tires... help??

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009 | 07:34 PM
Spike100

^^ Well... I'm often wrong, but never in doubt.

And... I doubt you have solved ppun88's issue.

So Mr. Engineer, it's back to the "drawing board" for you.

--Spike
Old 08-05-2009 | 03:13 AM
bdblackz

Originally Posted by Spike100
^^ Well... I'm often wrong, but never in doubt.

And... I doubt you have solved ppun88's issue.

So Mr. Engineer, it's back to the "drawing board" for you.

--Spike

ppun88 - if it is not an alignment issue and you want real advice on what it could be shoot me a PM. I'd be glad to help.
Old 08-05-2009 | 01:02 PM
ppun88

Thanks guys for your input regarding this issue I'm going through. I think everyone made valid point. I'm getting my alignment tomorrow so I'll let you guys know if it pulls again after the alignment. I'm thinking if it pulls again, I'm sure there is something wrong with the tire and if not, I might have jacked up my alignment when I was making hard right turn or something and tire change just happen to be at the same time. I'll update more tomorrow, thanks guys~!
Old 08-05-2009 | 07:19 PM
Spike100

Thanks for posting additional information. I’m subscribing and looking forward to what you discover about the alignment.

I don’t want to continue jacking your good thread with information that bdblackz and I argue about, so I’m starting a new thread on this Forum (Wheels & Tires) asking about tire-pulling. I’ll call it “Tires Pulling Left or Right.” I hope that bdblackz is OK with me copying the information he posts here (on your thread) to a new thread I start in this section.

And… Please keep us posted on your results. I am very interested in how you resolve this.

Spike
Old 08-05-2009 | 09:26 PM
Chad68

Probablly a long shot but did you actually verify the tires they put on are the correct size and that they didn't slap a 40 or 50 series on one side by mistake? I have actually heard of this happening before, though not on here.
Old 08-06-2009 | 01:28 PM
WhiteNoiz

I am guessing you went with a softer/stickier tire on the rear (new ones). I did the same thing because the fronts had some life. My problem was that the rear tires had so much more traction that my fronts, that it was trying to keep the car straight when I was turning. It literally ruined the handleing on the car to the point it was almost scary. I rushed to save up the money for the fronts. Had the front tires replaced, now it handles better than it ever has.

Last edited by WhiteNoiz; 08-06-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-10-2009 | 03:11 PM
ppun88

Hey guys sorry for the late post but I just had to go through a lot of testing before I start posting. My alignment was bad and it was eating up inside of my front tire like when we first got the car but not that bad. Okay so this is my conclusion,

First, it is still slipping and pulls to the right even after my alignment. The slipping is not due to rear tires or is not the rear but the front. I guess the wear on the tire is bad and wont stick as much as the rear. I think I'm going through what whitenoiz has gone through before.

I'm still not sure why it pull to the right, i think its due to front tires not having even wear but to be sure i need to replace them and i'm not thinking about doing that yet since it has more then 70% tread left. I guess this is what i need to go through to save few bucks. I dont recomend anyone to do what i did but i guess we need to do what we need to do save when times are bad. Thanks guys for the post, it really did help a lot understanding regarding tires n all. If anyone thinks my conclusion is bad or has different opinion please let me know. I'll try anything if it doesnt make me go broke. =)
Old 08-10-2009 | 05:49 PM
Spike100

^^ Sorry to hear it's not fixed. Just some thoughts…
  • Tires with uneven wear can certainly pull excessively to one side.

• If your tires still have 70% tread, but there is uneven wear, one side or the center of the tire will have much less tread. I’m assuming the 70% tread is in the least worn section of your tire (left, right, or center). Other areas may have much more wear.

• Remember that many Nissan dealers had problems with alignment equipment during the "tire feathering" issue (so much so that Nissan required dealers to submit a certified recalibration).

If you are certain that your alignment and camber settings are correct, try dismounting the front tires from your front wheels and swapping left-to right. After doing that, see how it pulls. You also want to use a caliper tool to measure tread wear accurately (that way you know if the tire is wearing excessively at a specific position on its surface)

--Spike