Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Window Roll up with OEM remote

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 02:03 AM
KPierson
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Roll up with OEM remote

I have designed and built a circuit that will allow you to roll your windows up via OEM remote. The only problem is that I am a G owner, and have never tested the circuit on a Z. I am looking for a Z in the Dayton, Ohio area that is willing to be a guenea pig.

More info can be found at: http://g35driver.com/forums/showflat...sed&sb=5&part=

Anyone interested in this PM me or leave a post here.

System descrition: While ignition is off two presses of the lock button will cause the windows to roll all the way up. The G coupe version also has igntion controlled door locks that lock 6 seconds after the car has started.

Thanks,
Kevin Pierson
Old 02-22-2004, 07:07 AM
chattermark

I read the G35 story on this. I am very interested in the idea, and for $40 I am in. I wish that I lived in Ohio for that. <M>
Old 02-22-2004, 07:21 AM
Natal

This is great! I'm really interested in the 6-second ignition controlled activated door locks. I just read the G35 thread and I believe the 350Z is similar to the sedan locking system: the doors will NOT open from the inside if they are locked.

Please keep us updated on your progress. BTW, also let us know if you ever get time to fiddle around with the "Automatic Parking Side Mirror Dipper", which tilts the exterior passenger mirror when in reverse.
Old 02-22-2004, 08:49 AM
Abomination

That would be an awesome cheap mod, count me in when you put them up for sale
Old 02-22-2004, 10:30 AM
KPierson
Banned

Originally posted by Natal

Please keep us updated on your progress. BTW, also let us know if you ever get time to fiddle around with the "Automatic Parking Side Mirror Dipper", which tilts the exterior passenger mirror when in reverse.
That project is on my 'to do' list. I am also planning on building an interface to add a dual stage shock sensor to the factory alarm, speed controlled door locking, remote sunroof control, and adding a 'memory' to the VDC control. Each of these projects will take a couple of weeks to develop, then a few more weeks for testing, and then another week or two for production. My biggest problem at the moment is finding a test Z. There has to be one somewhere near Dayton!!!!!!!
Old 02-22-2004, 10:31 AM
Juggernaut

Put me on the list too!!

Old 02-22-2004, 11:19 AM
Abomination

if finding someone to help you in dayton is becoming a problem, you could ship the G35 relay to me and Ill tell you if it works, Id put money on it that it would.

I installed a stereo in my Z and in my friends G35, same fuse box same leads ect...
Old 02-22-2004, 11:51 AM
KPierson
Banned

Originally posted by Abomination
if finding someone to help you in dayton is becoming a problem, you could ship the G35 relay to me and Ill tell you if it works
It seems like that might be the only option I have....
I didn't think it would be a problem finding one around here.
I have detailed instructions for the G coupe written up already with pictures. I just ordered a shop manual for the Z yesterday and as soon as I get it I'll verify the wires exist and get a color to use as a reference. Once that is done, if I still don't have a test car I'll send you one and you can try it out. Like I said before, the G35 one works flawlessly on my coupe! I'm currently working with my brother (he has high speed internet and an FTP server) to make a video showing the operation of this project. Hopefully it will be up sometime soon. Also, he lives in the Columbus, Ohio area and I am going there to make the video, so if anyone lives in c-bus with a Z maybe we can work something out!

Thanks for your interest,
Kevin
Old 02-22-2004, 11:56 AM
Abomination

np, if I can be of further help just yell... weird that there isnt anyone on these boards near you tho' /shrug
Old 02-23-2004, 03:52 AM
jreiter

Fantastic. It's very good to see someone building some devices to handle this sort of thing. Much like the Alientech stuff for VWs, I'm sure you could make a killing selling them once you've gotten all the bugs worked out. A few features I'd absolutely love to see are (in order of preference):

1. remote window up
2. speed controlled auto door lock (~10 mph?)
3. auto door unlock when ignition turns off

Not sure if it's the sort of thing you'd be interested in tackling, but here's another suggestion that would be wonderful:

1. Darkness control for the auto-dimming mirror. That darn mirror just doesn't get nearly dark enough for my sensitive eyes. Don't know how that would be altered.
Old 02-23-2004, 09:27 AM
khagen

put me on the list!!!
Old 02-24-2004, 01:44 AM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very intrested.
Old 02-24-2004, 01:58 AM
KingWazir

I'm also interested. Please PM me when you get it up and running. You can definitely count me in.
Old 02-24-2004, 02:10 AM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How about allowing the hatch release on the FOB to work even IF the keys are in the ignition...
Old 02-24-2004, 03:47 AM
onecoolee

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

How about a schematic for us capable EE DIY'ers ? I am not out to mass produce tons of these, just enough for my own ride. How can I get a parts list and build schematics ? I am willing to pay a little for that, or how about an unassemblked kit ?

Let me know hwta type of options you have for getting this window control circuit...

Thanks.
Old 02-24-2004, 06:10 AM
KPierson
Banned

Originally posted by onecoolee
How about a schematic for us capable EE DIY'ers ?
I am planning on offering a DIY kit that will include the programed microcontroller, a schematic, and possibly all the components necessary. This would be ideal for me because 1. it would be a lot less work the making them all myself and 2. the most expensive part of the whole thing is the circuit boards I am having made as we speak.

The only drawback is what to do if I sell a kit and someone puts it together wrong and then complains back to me. I don't have any finanacial backing on this project, and I can't afford to replace parts that were destroyed by someone elses mistake. I guess the only way to sell them would be with no warrenty at all. On a positive note, the circuit is fairly small, as the microcontroller has most of the features needed built in (oscilator, pull up resistors, etc...). I still also have to draw up a complete schematic for it because right now its hand drawn in sections, and not as a whole circuit.

Thanks,
Kevin Pierson
Old 02-24-2004, 08:06 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Kevin:

I like the idea of a DIY kit. I want some of the features that you've described here (remote window up, auto lock) but not others (auto unlock). It would be great if you made it configurable to allow us to pick and choose the features.

I will definitely be buying one when you release them for the Z.

Dave
Old 02-24-2004, 09:18 AM
onecoolee

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Cool, glad you are considering a kit for the DIY'ers here... if I can assist with redrawing any schematics, please let me know, I have Pspice/Cadence PCB designer at home and at work, even though I never use it...

I, too, would like configurable (jumpered ?) options. I am definitely in for 1 kit.

As far as warranties go, jsut make it clear that you are not repsonsible how its hooked up and not responsible for any damages that occur due to misuse of the kit. If I were the one selling the kit, I would find out if people knew how to determine polarity of devices, placement of chips, etc, and most of thesimple EE tech stuff. If people cannot solder, or don't know basic circuit stuff, do not sell them a kit, instead, offer a preassembled/tested board with a schematic for hookup to the car only. For all others, include the entire board layout info, and hookup schematic.

I assume you are using a Xilinx part ? Some sort of logic CPLD ? Makes sense, and that would be the way to go... they can always be reprogrammed too, if you want to add anything else down the road.

Just my 2 cents...and don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it...
Old 02-24-2004, 09:58 AM
lascala26

Put me down on the list.
Old 02-24-2004, 01:06 PM
zPilott

While you are working on this, I had a question. I am working on an in car pc, and I would like it to power on when I unlock the car with the remote, and keep it on until I power it off by locking with the remote. Some of the guys on the forum selling Car PC's didn't seem too interested in the idea, but I want the machine up an running by the time I start my car. I plan to use some sort of UPS or maybe just convert my old laptop, so I am not worried about running down the battery.

Quick Reply: Window Roll up with OEM remote