Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

"Z" stories

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 04:32 PM
zmespeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Z" stories

it was early that friday night about 9:00 PM. i started out to my garage with some tools, a how to i had printed off the internet, and no exspeiriacne on instailing a head unit. the out side temp was about -1 and that made my garage's temp about 26ºf all i had on was a sweat shirt and pants. i cant remeber if i was wearing my under wear.

it didnt help that only one out of three lights was working and that it was on the other side of the four car garage. so i hooked up a old lamp in the back hatch and whent to work.

i opened the instuctions and looked at them with my flash light. grabed my screw driver and started poping off the shift cover. CRACK! i about pissed my pants. lucky i had not broken any thing. then later i was tring to get a screw that had fallen in to a deep aria were my frozen numb hands could not reach. the little lamp i had for light did nothing for heat and didnt give enough light to see anything but the outline of the shifter.

long story short after 3 tirps to wall mart for odd things and 8 hours later i had finaly instailed by head unit. and i must say i did a pritty dam good job. As i was making my toast at 5am i thought dam, i should have brought the toaster out to heat my car.

please post your stories here for others to read. thanks in advance.

Last edited by zmespeed; 02-06-2005 at 05:13 PM.
Old 02-06-2005, 04:39 PM
FairladyZ

dude, you need to get bent!
Old 02-06-2005, 06:06 PM
zmespeed

lo... ya probably
Old 02-06-2005, 07:36 PM
DIE DIE DIE

Bout 2 months ago I boought a Z.. sounded sic as **** stock..shortly after, I bought a JWT popcharger..it sounded even better...last week I bought helix testpipes..it sounded like **** and I was mad....the end
Old 02-06-2005, 07:44 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Signed all the papers, wrote the check for the car, waiting for the titling stuff to finish up at about 8:30 at night. Salesman walks into office and says, "Sir, I'm sorry, but you're probably gonna want to see this." He leads me to the showroom door and opens it to reveal a nice thick layer of ice covering EVERYTHING in sight. It had sleeted during the hour that were completing the transaction and the roads were completely unsuitable for anything with this much power and BS RE-040's. I ended up writing a 36K check for a car and driving off without it. Had to leave it in the service bay and come back and get it the next night when roads were remotely passable. It was like leaving a newly adopted child with his unfit crack-head parent.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:11 AM
zmespeed

ya that sounds like it would be a hard thing to do. i think i would have cried on the way home.
Old 02-07-2005, 05:16 AM
NoahzBurnt

Yeah.......the wonderful weather......I picked mine up last Feb, in somerset, NJ(and 1.5 hour drive from my house). By the time I left the dealer there was ice on the road. This combined with the fact that it was the first time I drove the car was a scary sight. Had to come back after a block and leave my wonderful car with them for 3 days until I could sneak out of work to pick it up.

After spending $1100 dollars having body work fixed(a week after getting my kit on...thanks stupid girl on your cell phone) I finally get my freshly fixed Z back on the road. A day after getting it back from the shop I decide to take it out to the city. I leave it in a lot, eat some lunch and go pick up my car, only to find the whole right front side of the car scraped and cracked, the seat completely adjusted along with the mirrors, and the temp of the car in the middle after being left there for and hour and a half(THey ARE PAYING!!!)

Man, the worst Z story is that creaky rattle that comes from near the windshield($39K and i need to buy $.40 parts to fix it!)
Old 02-07-2005, 06:00 AM
zmespeed

man you have some bad luck. i would have killed those people.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:49 AM
NoahzBurnt

You know what man. I approached the situation with such a chip on my shoulder(fortunately with my cousin who's an attorney and with me at the time) and with out contest, they gave me all of the info needed, had the owner there and signed all of the documents needed to prove that they did it.

So all in all I was livid but man, what can I do?

I don't need an assault charge to match my new front lip.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:54 AM
zmespeed

nice, way ta keep your cool. always agood idea.
some times i wonder how people can be stupid enuff to mess with other people stuff, and then break it.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:22 AM
NoahzBurnt

I mean there was no way in hell they could have said that they didn't drive it. I'm 6' and the dude that took the car was 5'4". So i could understand the seat being moved.

They said that the car was there the whole time......i guess they left the engine temp up for me so i could get in and drive(YEAH...THAT'sIT!)

Also I told them that they had to have driven it inorder to park it in the front spot when there was obviously no way to turn the car around in that space(I own the damn thing I know what it can do)
They we're screwed...I mean it was obvious that the car was out for a spin and they smacked the front lip(probably on a curb while making a right back into the garage IMO)

So yeah.....free lip, and paint. And I didn't get a new lip if you catch my drift!!