Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

how long do you wait to pull over. (police)

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 03:39 PM
Destiny350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bhobson333
Just finished reading this thread - thanx for the entertainment, Destiny. I'm looking forward to seeing you at ZDayZ, just for the fun of saying "Hi, loved your thread".

I can't wait to hear your reaction to the Tail of the Dragon. I was there last year and was totally blown away by the road. Don't even try running from a cop there, I've heard they use helicopters and a car's top speed averages around 45 MPH. Don't worry too much, though, on TOTD the big thing they bust you for is crossing the yellow line; way dangerous when you're sharing an extremely twisty road with motorcycles and Winnebagos.

So I guess any young black girl is liable to hear "Are you Destiny??" at ZDayZ this year

See ya!

Brian
Hey Brian,I'm glad I gave you a couple laughs and giggles!!
I will try to stay in my lane on the dragon!! I wouldn't want to hit anyone or anything, especial a Winnebago LOL!! For some strange reason I feel that my mom and I will be the only black people there lol!! Feel free to come up and say hi...I don't bite I promise I can't wait to meet, see you in a couple of weeks
P.S my real name is Destiny so if you want to find me at Zdayz just scream!!lol
Old 04-24-2005, 03:54 PM
Tenac1ousZ

Originally Posted by BigMoeTaki42
The problem isn't whether or not the Z is faster. The cop (if he deems it necessary) can call for a roadblock or a lot more cop cars. Don't run from the cops, that's just stupid. But I suppose if you're going 100+ and the cop is parked on the side of the road, he doesn't stand much of chance. Unless you're in italy of course... http://www.italiancar.com.au/pilot/art127.htm

That's it: I'm packing my bags and moving to Italy to be a Polizia! Cops in America are really getting riped off!
Old 04-24-2005, 03:55 PM
bhobson333

Originally Posted by Destiny350Z
For some strange reason I feel that my mom and I will be the only black people there lol!!
No, I doubt that will be true. We were a fairly mixed group last year, and it's all in the Z family.

FYI, one of the first things I noticed when I got my 350Z (one of the first in the country in December 2002) is that tha brutha's just LOVE this car!!!!

Brian
Old 04-24-2005, 04:17 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

There's three things you can't out run:

A Motorola.

A helicopter.

A Smith and Wesson.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:52 PM
sevun

Originally Posted by zmespeed
well i just thought that i post it for entertanment resons and if your blatently speeding you'll get a ticket any way. plus this method has worked for me. and by make the cop work to getch ya i mean dont let him get ya. basicly a 350z is faster than a cop car. trust me.
Hmm think what you want, but the Z is not going to be faster than a cop car. If the cop thinks you're going to be an idiot and run, chances are that he won't chase you. It's not worth risking his life, your life, and the life of kids and adults that might be ahead of you. The police cars in my town are 350hp at base and about 75% of them are supercharged to about 500hp, so if they wanted to they would catch the Z.

Also, you're not required to pull over the moment a police car is behind you. All you are required to do is acknowledge that you know the officer is behind you, and that you intend to pull over. So, if you turn on your signal and acknowledge him/her then you can drive to the next exit and pull into a gas station if you feel safer doing that. With all the rapes and murders from fake police officers lately then it will be justified.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:02 PM
zmespeed

Originally Posted by sevun
The police cars in my town are 350hp at base and about 75% of them are supercharged to about 500hp, so if they wanted to they would catch the Z.
wow those are some crazie cap cars. all the departments around me dont have the budget for somthing like that. quite honestly i think your full of crap. but thats just my opion. maybe the highway patrol has a 350hp car, and i guess its possible to have it supercharged but for every cop to be in a car with 350hp is rediculess and for 75%of the to be supercharged is just ludacris. who every told you your info just be just plane out of it. and i think i would still beat the cop car on the country road that i normaly drive on. ive never seen a cop car that out handles a z. with all there gear and all. oh what exsept for that stupid one in italy, dam lambo.

Hmm think what you want, but the Z is not going to be faster than a cop car. If the cop thinks you're going to be an idiot and run, chances are that he won't chase you. It's not worth risking his life, your life, and the life of kids and adults that might be ahead of you. With all the rapes and murders from fake police officers lately then it will be justified.
if the cops call off the chase all the better. isnt that why i ran...to get away?

Last edited by zmespeed; 04-24-2005 at 11:09 PM.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:05 PM
zmespeed

Originally Posted by Paul350Z
There's three things you can't out run:

A Motorola.

A helicopter.

A Smith and Wesson.
sorry if you didnt read the post in this thread or you would have found out that the z has a hirer top speed than a hellocopter. and motorolas are hand held they dont move, even if you threw it i dont think it would beat any Z in a race. and as far as the smith and wesson goes. well same as the mottoral i dont think a profesional pitcher could throw that thing fast enough to catch a z.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:12 AM
Huckingfellers

Originally Posted by BadDriver
That was Rodney King's philosophy too.
LMFAO, now that is just damn hilarious, hahahahhaha
Old 04-25-2005, 12:28 AM
sevun

wow those are some crazie cap cars. all the departments around me dont have the budget for somthing like that. quite honestly i think your full of crap. but thats just my opion. maybe the highway patrol has a 350hp car, and i guess its possible to have it supercharged but for every cop to be in a car with 350hp is rediculess and for 75%of the to be supercharged is just ludacris. who every told you your info just be just plane out of it. and i think i would still beat the cop car on the country road that i normaly drive on. ive never seen a cop car that out handles a z. with all there gear and all. oh what exsept for that stupid one in italy, dam lambo.

if the cops call off the chase all the better. isnt that why i ran...to get away?
I live in a town of approximately 4,000 with a police department of 15 officers. Therefore, the budget is minimal to throw a supercharger in 11 of the 15 cars. You shouldn't assume, it will only get you into trouble. Running from the cops on a swervy country road... right... sounds like you need a reality check, no offense intended.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:30 AM
sevun

sorry if you didnt read the post in this thread or you would have found out that the z has a hirer top speed than a hellocopter. and motorolas are hand held they dont move, even if you threw it i dont think it would beat any Z in a race. and as far as the smith and wesson goes. well same as the mottoral i dont think a profesional pitcher could throw that thing fast enough to catch a z.
Wow. I hope you're being entirely sarcastic in this post or I am amazed. You'll never outrun a helicopter no matter how hard you try. Secondly, do you really think that he meant the MOTOROLA was going to chase you? Wow.

Ban me from the forums if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly sure that he meant you're never going to outrun a police radio. If the officer stays with you, you won't... ever.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:47 AM
zmespeed

Wow. I hope you're being entirely sarcastic in this post or I am amazed. You'll never outrun a helicopter no matter how hard you try. Secondly, do you really think that he meant the MOTOROLA was going to chase you? Wow.

Ban me from the forums if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly sure that he meant you're never going to outrun a police radio. If the officer stays with you, you won't... ever.
comooooon budy, check out the first page. there is a post on it from me that proves that a z has a higher top speed than a police helocopter. it is hard to run from one in traffic and then to get out off sight but a helocopters fuel rang is not that far and eventualy you will get out of its line of sight. and cops that radio ahead dont always get ya there has to be a cop close enough to the location ahead to get there in time or its too late. quite often this is the case. i have never been pulled over sence i was 17. im 19 now and still going strong, but i have calmed down a little.
i have a feeling you are a little younger and posibly think very highly of police officers because you thought they were cool when you went threw the dare progam. is this a posiblity.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:56 AM
zmespeed

I live in a town of approximately 4,000 with a police department of 15 officers. Therefore, the budget is minimal to throw a supercharger in 11 of the 15 cars. You shouldn't assume, it will only get you into trouble. Running from the cops on a swervy country road... right... sounds like you need a reality check, no offense intended.
are you jokeing are you still trying to tell me that you dont think i could out run a cop on a swervy road. i have proably just under 10 times. lots of times they dont turn on there lights becaues they dont want you to know they are fallowing you but ive had the blue berry's go on in probalby about 3 of the "chases" which are so sort that i dont think you could realy even call them that.
the cop must go quicker than you to catch up, they cant even match my speed. ive been drive stuff sence i was three. and always been pushing the limits of the vehicles that i drive. one thing very important to fast driving in the country is to drive 2 notches below your limit. that way there is plently room for mistake. im shure their are much better drivers out there than me, but if your limit is hirer than most then you can drive above others limits. i personaly dont think im that good of a driver i can always be better, but right now i do know that i can out run a cop.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:08 AM
sevun

comooooon budy, check out the first page. there is a post on it from me that proves that a z has a higher top speed than a police helocopter. it is hard to run from one in traffic and then to get out off sight but a helocopters fuel rang is not that far and eventualy you will get out of its line of sight. and cops that radio ahead dont always get ya there has to be a cop close enough to the location ahead to get there in time or its too late. quite often this is the case. i have never been pulled over sence i was 17. im 19 now and still going strong, but i have calmed down a little.
i have a feeling you are a little younger and posibly think very highly of police officers because you thought they were cool when you went threw the dare progam. is this a posiblity.
I'm actually twenty years old and a criminal justice major. The police helicopter we were shown in my first semester of college had a top speed of 147mph and a maximum range of 250 miles maintained at the that speed. So, as you down the speed you up the distance. Also, 250 miles in the air is a lot different than 250 miles on the road. On a curvy road, the helicopter is going to be keeping up with you just fine, and two steps ahead of you if need be.

The statement "You can't outrun a helicopter" does not mean that you won't get out of the helicopter's site, but once the helicopter is chasing you you're also tagged with video surveillance. Unless you consider yourself a very lucky individual, if a helicopter is above you and you don't pull over chances are you'll be arrested in the days to follow.

Regardless, running is childish and 'not the cool thing to do'. I have seen one too many chases end in death or serious injury (many years with the fire department) and in the long run it's not worth it. Having fun on the curves is fine, but putting someone else's life in danger is an entirely different level.

To make an analogy of the situation; you're the abortionist and I'm the bomber. We'll agree to disagree.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:19 AM
zmespeed

I'm actually twenty years old and a criminal justice major. The police helicopter we were shown in my first semester of college had a top speed of 147mph and a maximum range of 250 miles maintained at the that speed. So, as you down the speed you up the distance. Also, 250 miles in the air is a lot different than 250 miles on the road. On a curvy road, the helicopter is going to be keeping up with you just fine, and two steps ahead of you if need be.

The statement "You can't outrun a helicopter" does not mean that you won't get out of the helicopter's site, but once the helicopter is chasing you you're also tagged with video surveillance. Unless you consider yourself a very lucky individual, if a helicopter is above you and you don't pull over chances are you'll be arrested in the days to follow.

Regardless, running is childish and 'not the cool thing to do'. I have seen one too many chases end in death or serious injury (many years with the fire department) and in the long run it's not worth it. Having fun on the curves is fine, but putting someone else's life in danger is an entirely different level.

To make an analogy of the situation; you're the abortionist and I'm the bomber. We'll agree to disagree.
a helicopter with that top speed is very and i mean very exspensive. i know that there is no police department in ohio with the money to spend on a muli million dollar air craft. the job that police helicopors do can be done with a much cheaper unit. the running cost of a helicopter are incredbly high too. i have not looked it up but form just my general knowage of air craft it has got to be over 100 dollars and hour. and thats just for a cheap helocopter, im shure this 147 mph helocopter is much more than that to run. i dont run becuase its cool i run cause i get out of tickets. and being a crimal justace magor i think you would know that they need to have the drivers identitly to convict. and last i checked helicopters cant see in that well. at best they could see a male and posibly tell hair color. but ive got brown hair along with millions of other potential drivers so they arnt getting me on that.
and to get out of a helocopters sight can be easy. vallyes with lots of towers and wires running along them are very dangours to fly low in a place like that.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:28 AM
SEmy2K2go

I know I'm new to this forum, but this kid is giving people from Ohio a bad name with his idiocy. I live in Columbus and know quite a few members of the Columbus Police force from riding motorcycles. You will not get away from a Police helicopter in a car. Even on a bike it is very difficult. On a motorcycle you need toggles for the lights and in a car, you aren't going to get away...that's the bottom line. I also find it completely irresponsible of you if you are actually running from the cops. You are putting me, my family and the people I care about in danger with your stupidity.

Old 04-25-2005, 02:36 AM
zmespeed

Originally Posted by SEmy2K2go
I know I'm new to this forum, but this kid is giving people from Ohio a bad name with his idiocy. I live in Columbus and know quite a few members of the Columbus Police force from riding motorcycles. You will not get away from a Police helicopter in a car. Even on a bike it is very difficult. On a motorcycle you need toggles for the lights and in a car, you aren't going to get away...that's the bottom line. I also find it completely irresponsible of you if you are actually running from the cops. You are putting me, my family and the people I care about in danger with your stupidity.

sorry buddy. i just said its theoredicaly posible to get away from the helocopter. ive never done it or had too. honestly i think that you have failed if you ghetto bird is on you, that means you took WAY to long to get away from the po-po's oh and um do you know any one that used to have a z up there but sold it.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:40 AM
zmespeed

oh and by the way i think im turning a new leaf over the past year ive been doing more resurch on legal stuff than running. im finding that it is easyier to fight it in court. you still have to pay court fees though but i think its a better bet. but when i do run it very very rair and only under sertain sercumstances that i do the classic sytle run. and even in the worst case senerio they only last at most 30 seconds and im gone. but most of the time its just like. uto that cops coming for me. *turn on side street floor it turn again and park, get out of car and walk in to building*

Last edited by zmespeed; 04-25-2005 at 02:44 AM.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:00 AM
fowlman01

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 02MaximizedVQ
One time I was gunned on a straight stretch of highway going east bound. The officer who caught me was going west bound.

I went over a hill and dissappeared from his view as he made the u-turn. I took the oppurtunity to take the first side road on my right while he couldn't see me.

After about 1/4 mile I came up to a gate and behind the gate there was a house. Of course it was someone's private (paved) driveway. I had no where to go, so after a few minutes I proceeded back down the driveway towards the highway since I was trespassing and didn't want to be caught for that too.

The cop had been circling up and down the road and he saw me pull out and pulled me over. He let me off without a ticket though
That is unusual given the circumstances. Lucky break!!
Old 05-11-2005, 01:11 PM
BENSIN

yea a cop was chasing me once, so I blew his car up with my rear rocket launchers. then i was drinking beer so a lot of girls were coming on to me.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:17 PM
fowlman01

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BENSIN
yea a cop was chasing me once, so I blew his car up with my rear rocket launchers. then i was drinking beer so a lot of girls were coming on to me.
You have RPG's in your exhaust too? I thought I was the only one on this board.

Quick Reply: how long do you wait to pull over. (police)