Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Do you or your Z limit your driving?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2002, 12:27 PM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Do you or your Z limit your driving?

Pretty simple question. I've noticed, having come to my Z from the SUV world, that I tend to be a little conservative driving my Z. Particularly in curves and what not...

I guess this is a good thing since my mindset is to drive under the limits of my car. My question for the 350Z community is...

Do you find you limit your cars performance (you're erring on the safe side) or does your Zs performance limit you (you're living on the edge)?
Old 12-02-2002, 12:30 PM
droideka

Only when I'm out with skidazzle. I never know what that f**ker's going to do or which lane he's going to take.
Old 12-02-2002, 12:33 PM
Da Gimp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its all about the police for me. If there was no chance of me getting caught, I would drive to the limits of my car. I have enough faith in my ability as a driver, but I don't need any tickets for what a cop might perceive as "Reckless Driving."
Old 12-02-2002, 12:46 PM
350zSpeedRacer

I'm all about the edge! I love that adreniline rush I get from driving a car to its breaking point. Of course I'm a junkie when it comes to that stuff--snowboarding, bungee jumping, I even want to go sky diving! But I suppose part of that has to do with my stupidity from my youth.

However, I gotta make sure I drive like a madwoman when the cops aren't around to bust me. Not to mention traffic in general, unless it's traffic on a race track--in that case, bring it on!

I need a good fix soon, or I'm gonna get boring! Ahh, Snowboarding after Christmas, I can't wait!
Old 12-02-2002, 01:02 PM
mcduck

350zSpeedRacer...

Dang... snowboarder, wants to go skydiving, and soon to own a Z! Why can't I find a gal with interests like this in NC???

Can you send me a sample of your genetic material so I can create a clone? C'mon just an eyelash or fingernail will do..

"I will call her.... mini350zSpeedRacer." muhahahaha... MUHAHAHAHA!!!
Old 12-02-2002, 01:05 PM
350zSpeedRacer

Originally posted by mcduck
350zSpeedRacer...

Dang... snowboarder, wants to go skydiving, and soon to own a Z! Why can't I find a gal with interests like this in NC??? :confused

Can you send me a sample of your genetic material so I can create a clone? C'mon just an eyelash or fingernail will do..

"I will call her.... mini350zSpeedRacer." muhahahaha... MUHAHAHAHA!!!
Sorry, I was created by spontaneous combustion. No DNA. LOL. But I'm already "mini"--only 5'2" and I was 4'10" until I quit gymnastics.
Old 12-02-2002, 08:07 PM
roberto350z

Its not good. I need to stop. You people get on the board and talk about living on the edge when Im trying to keep from getting ARRESTED!

Oh sure, I drive the speed limit 90% of time, and drive within 15mph of the speed limit another 9.99% of the time. But that .01% of the time is not good. Ill see ya in the bushes

(alright , there are no other cars around, its MY neck)
Old 12-02-2002, 09:30 PM
D'oh

When the road is straight, I'm pretty tame. Throw in some curves, however, and I start to go nuts. Now make it a two lane highway with good visibility, wide shoulders, and few entry or exit points, and things go south real quick. Luckily that's the type of road I commute on, so I get lots of practice. Also, I always use the TCS/VDC on the street, just in case a deer jumps out in front of the car and I have to slam on the brakes when in the middle of a corner. I've only set the TCS off a couple times, so maybe that makes me a little tame afterall. Oh yeah, I really like the AutoX, so hopefully I can satisfy my need for speed when there is no danger of tickets. I try to be careful, I really do, but the Z just wants to run!

-D'oh!
Old 12-03-2002, 08:27 AM
irishfan

I am definitely the limiting factor in my Z. I haven't driven a stick in 18 years, and it shows badly! This is my first sports car, and I'm still driving on the conservative side for my own protection.

Now that I've said that, I broke the rear end free on a first to second shift yesterday for the first time .