Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

NO disrespect intended, Z or Wrx STI

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 03:34 PM
cloudy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

STi's are alot more expensive in part wise compared to an Evo... If i had to rechoose which car i would get out of the 3, Z, Evo, STi. It would be verrrrry close to the Evo or Z..
Old 08-15-2005, 03:37 PM
Manjot

I agree.....the 06 Z is 300 hp too so hp doesn't matter
Old 08-15-2005, 06:10 PM
Zmeflyby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cloudy
STi's are alot more expensive in part wise compared to an Evo... If i had to rechoose which car i would get out of the 3, Z, Evo, STi. It would be verrrrry close to the Evo or Z..

Oh, if I had to rechoose again between those 3, it would still be the Z. If you have seen Mits. cars, specially dsm's, you wouldnt want to own one. Those 3 diamond star cars are very high maintance. Something always breaks.
My best friend had 2 vr4's, all I can say is wow, he has spent so much money into fixing the car than making it faster. It was funny
haha. To each his own.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:21 PM
Pastapuck

I think the Z looks classier... like an older mature car to some degree.

The STi is like a sporty fun little weekend car. STi in my opinion is funner to drive, and alot faster.

I like the STi's interior more too (minus the blue).

Parts of the Z I like better though... it really depends what kind of person you are and what you are looking for in a car.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:34 AM
HNSIWS

I read a good article the other day, wasn't a comparion between the two, but an article that involved the two at a infamous track; The Nurburgring.
I quote, "Jesus this STi is fast - it's in another performance league to the 350Z..and puts it up Porsche GT3s and BMW M3s where the 350Z couldn't."
And the author owns a 350Z. So to the guy who wants to pull up to a nice club next to Porsche's and BMW's...Smart ones will not judge by the cover
They will know what the STi is about. I know of exotic car owners who own STi's as well, because they know this is a serious performance car - the Z doesn't match it.

Both are great cars, but i would take the STi. I don't feel the Z is THAT good looking, it is nice, but not all that. Sure, some think the STi is ugly, but i like it.

I am an STi enthusiast, so i decided to post in this thread.
Just my 2c, good luck with your decision!

Last edited by HNSIWS; 08-16-2005 at 05:10 AM.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:43 AM
bstansbu

Originally Posted by Pastapuck
I think the Z looks classier... like an older mature car to some degree.

The STi is like a sporty fun little weekend car. STi in my opinion is funner to drive, and alot faster.

I like the STi's interior more too (minus the blue).

Parts of the Z I like better though... it really depends what kind of person you are and what you are looking for in a car.
You like the interior more in the STI than the Z!! Wow!! I guess every one has diferent taste. Heres a couple pics of both. I know which one I would rather be wrapped in. BEN
Attached Thumbnails NO disrespect intended, Z or Wrx STI-subbie-intr-pic.jpg   NO disrespect intended, Z or Wrx STI-interior-z.jpg  
Old 08-16-2005, 08:36 AM
Clapton9286

But its a matter of apple and oranges really..I would never bring either against a Porsche or anything like that, b/c it's not in that league. The Z is about tradition; a 2 seat sports car, nice power, and good handling. All stock, its a great performer. The STI is as well (and Evo), but really, when you think of STI, what comes to mind? An Evo...they are "like" the same car, 2 different companies. Hot rodded rally sedans. The Z is it's own, a sexy sports car. Thats where I believe the line is crossed.

AND i'd rather take tire feathering over dealing with Subaru or even worse, Mitsu.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:01 AM
DrVolkl

At the very limits, the STI (stock) will outperform a Z (stock)...so the question is this: How often are you planning on running the ring at Nurburg?

In AutoX, the STI's are favored...but that makes it all the more sweet when a Z takes 1st place. And it happens a lot...because driver has a lot to do with how fast a car is.

Take the Z...
Old 08-16-2005, 09:52 AM
nnkfws333

Just test drive both cars and see which one you like, what suits you more, etc.
I had a friend love the STI and never would of taken it any other way and then you have me who loved the G35 and didn't need the speed since I already had a modded 240sx and building another.

Really think about the Subaru Legacy...if you are really about 4 door with a little nicer ride comfort plus the option of modding it. I think they are cool vehicles!
Old 08-16-2005, 09:58 AM
Clapton9286

My buddy has a Legacy GT and loves it..and those top of the line ones now aren't too slow...0-60 in 5.9 I believe?
Old 08-16-2005, 11:03 AM
CervanteZ

Simple
1. Z
2. Pinto
3. STI
Z pretty-STI... not pretty.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:19 AM
SizongZ

I have great respect for sti, and evo. But I've had my Z for over two years now. I have another car as a daily driver so I don't drive my Z that often. But I'll tell you what, the days that I do get to drive the Z and open my garage door and see that sexy a$$, a smile comes across my face.
I know for sure I wouldn't get that feeling with a sti or evo. I've driven these cars also.. and the only time I really get any enjoyment out of them is when I mash on the pedals, which you can't do all the times anways.
But it's still up to your preference.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:53 PM
rolling

Originally Posted by Blue Komodo
Theres only one turbo. If you change your oil regularly, and use a turbo timer, turbos last a long time. Insurance on the STI was cheaper for me. Z engine may last longer, STI has better control. Z looks better, but is MUCH more common.
o ok, thought it was 2 turbos ( i must be ignorant) heh
i would think that if a turbo timer was that important it would be included OEM?
or have it automaticly controlled somehow..?

anyway thanx:
Old 08-16-2005, 05:00 PM
rolling

Originally Posted by bstansbu
Im no english major, but I believe you use "an" and not "a" in front of any abreviated word. The word doesnt haven to start with a vowel. For example, If I say I am going to go back to college to get a MBA. It just sounds funny. I dont know. Any english majors out there? BEN
im definatly no english major, and even I can know "sti" IS NOT a word..
its and ackronym... Subaru Technica International or something like that..

additionaly, if your worried about grammer or spelling on boards like this you'll go insane trying to correct it.

there is MUUUCH worse butchering of english language on here than this! heheh
anyway STI is NOT a word..
Old 08-16-2005, 05:01 PM
nnkfws333

Originally Posted by rolling
i would think that if a turbo timer was that important it would be included OEM?

anyway thanx:

Actually with newer technology in turbo's(ball bearing, etc.) you don't really need a turbo timer. It's just another safety measure you can never go wrong with.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:12 PM
rolling

Originally Posted by HNSIWS
I read a good article the other day, wasn't a comparion between the two, but an article that involved the two at a infamous track; The Nurburgring.
I quote, "Jesus this STi is fast - it's in another performance league to the 350Z..and puts it up Porsche GT3s and BMW M3s where the 350Z couldn't."
And the author owns a 350Z. So to the guy who wants to pull up to a nice club next to Porsche's and BMW's...Smart ones will not judge by the cover
They will know what the STi is about. I know of exotic car owners who own STi's as well, because they know this is a serious performance car - the Z doesn't match it.

Both are great cars, but i would take the STi. I don't feel the Z is THAT good looking, it is nice, but not all that. Sure, some think the STi is ugly, but i like it.

I am an STi enthusiast, so i decided to post in this thread.
Just my 2c, good luck with your decision!
Honestly i still dont see how these two cars are comparable they have far less major not in common than In common

4cyl V. 6
4dr V. 2
AWD V. Rwd
4seat V. 2
STI much higher cost than entry level Z

the subie has dominance of the "4's" hehe

but yea there just 2 very different cars

it should be compared to the EVO far more
anyway yea uhh huh
Old 08-16-2005, 05:34 PM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Z by far, i have a pretty modded bolt on Z and i have no problem beating a sti or Evo!!!
I would take the Z over and over AGAin
Old 08-16-2005, 06:21 PM
Blue Komodo

Originally Posted by nnkfws333
Actually with newer technology in turbo's(ball bearing, etc.) you don't really need a turbo timer. It's just another safety measure you can never go wrong with.
The turbo in the STI is not ball bearing, so it's not as efficent (it does'nt keep spining after you shut the car down). You don't want oil baking onto a turbo that has'nt been properly cooled down. Trust me.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:26 PM
Blue Komodo

Originally Posted by rolling

anyway thanx:
That was funny. A turbo timer should be standard, but most manufactures are too cheap to give you one. factory turbo timer is very uncommon.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:28 PM
FLdrifter

Originally Posted by sentry65
why does everyone say "an sti" and not "a sti"

the word sti doesn't start with a vowel or is abreviated to start with one

because its an STi, not JUST a STi

Quick Reply: NO disrespect intended, Z or Wrx STI