Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

NO disrespect intended, Z or Wrx STI

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 04:18 PM
nnkfws333

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by track brembo
350z= its more pretty, whith the 350z you would have the girls melting for you, and with 10k you culd easely distroy the STI
Well I agree with you on the pretty comment but with $10k put into a STI or EVO and it would kill a 350Z....
Just check out APS's webpage
Old 08-20-2005, 05:06 PM
Blue Komodo

Originally Posted by nnkfws333
Well I agree with you on the pretty comment but with $10k put into a STI or EVO and it would kill a 350Z....
Glad someone else said it.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:03 PM
Blue Komodo

Originally Posted by nnkfws333
Headers? I always used the term headers with a NA car and called them turbo manifolds....
Here's a pic.
Attached Thumbnails NO disrespect intended, Z or Wrx STI-dsc015015ci.jpg   NO disrespect intended, Z or Wrx STI-dsc015195fu.jpg   NO disrespect intended, Z or Wrx STI-dsc015236hw.jpg  
Old 09-03-2005, 06:54 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Drive both and buy the one that you like.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:06 AM
sharaabi

wow..... some AMAZING responses and advice here. I made my decision more than 3 weeks ago , that I would go for the Z.

I have not driven the cars yet but for me durability and looks go hand in hand more than speed and performance. Im sure both perform well and one better than the other, but i guess my primary focus here to get a car with class, reliability,handling and something that can be modded. Ive seen 1998 maxima's like mine with a 2003 maxima engine in there and KILL some good cars on the street but when it comes to a turn, they slow down. lol.

If I get a Z, and the guy next to me at the light has a boxter, should'nt he feel salty paying $40000+ for his car and get his *** kicked by a Z?

With all the sincere responses here ive realized that looks and speed are VERY hard to find a car unless you make good money. Im a recent college grad who wants to enjoy being single and maybe mod a car once i get it. I boiled my choices down to a Z, STI, M3(used) or just completly go the other way and relax in a lincoln navigator or lexus gs300.

the Z takes my heart and the cake !
Old 09-04-2005, 09:32 AM
Kolia

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great topic.

I'm from a Impreza background and I'm still active in my Subaru Club. Both very fun cars (Z and STi).

Get an exhaust on your Z, it imporves the enjoyement a LOT !

I have a Tanabe SM Hyper. Just the right sound, and nice to neibhourgh...
Old 09-07-2005, 05:59 PM
pacificwindsurf

I just don't get what the attraction is with the WRX. When I look at it I see a 4 door sedan. Yes the 4 wheel drive is nice, but then I would buy I truck if I wanted that. And what else can I say, the car is available as a wagon !!! I think the WRX is a fine car and a great value, but for a true sports car I'd take the Z over the WRX any day.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:15 PM
Kolia

Originally Posted by pacificwindsurf
I just don't get what the attraction is with the WRX. When I look at it I see a 4 door sedan. Yes the 4 wheel drive is nice, but then I would buy I truck if I wanted that. And what else can I say, the car is available as a wagon !!! I think the WRX is a fine car and a great value, but for a true sports car I'd take the Z over the WRX any day.
Have you ever driven one ? Driven hard ?

They're definitely fun cars to drive. It just gets better in the rain or snow !

By the way, the Subaru AWD is superior to many SUV's out there.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:00 PM
sharaabi

starting this thread i just wanted the pro's and cons , but man ive got some GOOD opinions here.

what i did not take in consider was OVERALL handling. Im sure an STI can kill a Z in a straight line shot..... but then again if you google street racing, ive SEEN A CIVIC HATCHBACK kill a DODGE VIPER by 3 car lengths. Ive seen a 1998 maxima like mine SMOKE an M3 starting from a 40mph roll.

Can an STI turn like a Z? can the civic that smoked a viper turn like it? with money, almost anything you want can be done... and yes 10k on a subaru will go further in speed than a Z.... but then again at least for me, HOW fast am i really going to go??
to sum it up, my aim is to get a Z and become a driver so good with my mods that i can get it in the upper 12's or low 13's...... its just a goal... nothing serious.

now that i come to think of it, if i REALLY want to speed, a yamaha R1 bike is what i'l get. looks wise i love the Z. damn i cant wait to get one !!!

ps- the subaru wagon to me is SO ugly that its like that PONTIAC AZTEK suv. yea it can perform but so can this, am i gonna get it? NO .
http://images.autobytel.com/cyber/16...4S558189_1.jpg EXAMPLE OF UGLY
Old 09-07-2005, 07:11 PM
Kolia

You're talking handling or 1/4 miles ?

The STi is faster on a short race track. But it's not as elegant. And IMO it's too easy to drive.

I prefer the feel of my Z to my RS. Even when the last had a setup good enough to keep up to many STi...
Old 09-07-2005, 07:20 PM
Manjot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread is still going on...wow
Old 09-08-2005, 04:53 AM
sharaabi

Originally Posted by Kolia
You're talking handling or 1/4 miles ?

The STi is faster on a short race track. But it's not as elegant. And IMO it's too easy to drive.

I prefer the feel of my Z to my RS. Even when the last had a setup good enough to keep up to many STi...

Im talking handling. Dont you agree the Z looks better making a sharp turn on a U ramp at 80mph than an STI?
Old 09-08-2005, 06:11 AM
Blue Komodo

Dude, the STI handles WAAAYYYY better than the Z.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:44 AM
Clapton9286

Originally Posted by Blue Komodo
Dude, the STI handles WAAAYYYY better than the Z.
But it doesn't look better, now does it?
Old 09-08-2005, 09:30 AM
Kolia

Originally Posted by sharaabi
Im talking handling. Dont you agree the Z looks better making a sharp turn on a U ramp at 80mph than an STI?

Looks is in the eye of the beholder...

And what if the STi is in full broadside with smoking tires all around ?

It's a never ending debate. From the drivers point of view, I find my Z to be more rewarding.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:46 AM
sharaabi

as a starter of this thread, i conclude with absolutely NO bias or favoring opinions to ANYONE, but ive fallen in love with the Z. If its speed i want, Il get a bike or get a $3000 honda civic rice and give it 700hp...im SURE i can kill an Sti then right?

looks... gotta give it to the Z.

heres the $35,000 question..................how much am I (25yrs old) gonna put down to get me one of these babys by Feb and whats my insurance gonna be like?!??!?!

JUST A SIDE question, what insurance is cheaper IN GENERAL, Z or STI ?
Old 09-08-2005, 10:30 AM
Blue Komodo

STI was about $20. cheaper per month for me.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:56 PM
Manjot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, you're getting a Z...don't trip about insurance
Old 09-08-2005, 06:21 PM
Z_Driver
Master

Originally Posted by bstansbu
I say this, if you want to get challenged at every red light by 16 yr old kids, get the STI. It screams, Im looking for a race!!! If you want to pull into a nice club with a lady on your side and drop your car off at a Valet next to M3, Porsche, Vettes, Ferrari, get the Z. Blends in nicely. If its groceries your worried about carrying in the Z, you will be surprised how much stuff you can fit in our little Z. I once fot 350$ in groceries comfortably in the Z with 1 set of golf clubs in the back also. lol BEN
I agree 100%. My wife and I really enjoy the 350Z. She thought the Suburu was UGLY.

Let's face it the chicks like the Z better.

We can go to a play in the 350Z in the city. But, it would be a little odd driving up in a tux and jewels and getting out of a Suburu.

At least for us with our go getter friends.

As for the insurance, go onto www.geico.com and do a quote for yourself. I did one on both of these cars side by side naming the Z the primary vehicle and the Suburu came up twice the insurance. I did it for a 25 year old male in my area. So it is important you check for yourself. I would do two seperate quotes through their system. It's a cool tool ..... You don't have to give DL or SSN or anything to get quotes.

Last edited by Z_Driver; 09-08-2005 at 06:45 PM.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:55 AM
riced05z

My buddy has the STi and they are 2 different cars but I love both... he always says mine is sexier, which it is, but the feeling of boost! oh man, personally I like both even though they are completely different.

Quick Reply: NO disrespect intended, Z or Wrx STI