Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What's the best compliment you have gotten?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 12:43 PM
kulover14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I went to church this morning. I just got my Z on thursday, and my friend walked by me looked at me while he was walking and just said "I hate you" ahahahah It was awesome!
Old 07-26-2009, 09:48 PM
Z little Z

dude in camry almost curbed it while I was parked in Z
and on another day just to be funny I parked next to a porsche, about the same color, just so I could prove Z is not porsche, porsche is littler than Z
Old 07-28-2009, 01:29 AM
GHOST1207

"I love Zs, can't believe you actually have one, just standing here and looking at is making me wet."

Best one by far, haha.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:14 AM
gone-zo

... just yesterday... going home on the highway, I passed a slow, old cadillac with (probably) 22" chrome rims to hit the off ramp in front... made it underneath the overpass... passenger of said vehicle threw his cup of soda at my car.

good times.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:35 PM
BLK Z33

Funny thing happened to me a few days back. I was driving on one of the main streets where I live and had to stop behind a car making a left turn (I was in the left lane). As the car in front of me turned, I slowly started to move forward and a car with 2 girls pulled up next to me and stopped in the middle of traffic. The driver yelled out to me "Ohh my god, I love your car, can I take a picture?" I said ok but do it fast (we were holding up traffic) as she kept taking pictures of my Z and me lol.

I couldn't stop smiling after I drove off.

This isn't the first time I had girls stop in the middle of traffic to tell me they love my car, but it was the first time of them asking me if they can take some pictures lol.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:47 PM
darkladyjadey

hmmz... I just get whistles... and every time i bring it into the shop... oddly every man emphasizes that it's a "manual"... even when I'm just changing out my front speakers and doing some tweeks... lol didn't know that a manual car had anything to do with the speakers...
Old 07-28-2009, 04:50 PM
DFW 350G

Originally Posted by gone-zo
... just yesterday... going home on the highway, I passed a slow, old cadillac with (probably) 22" chrome rims to hit the off ramp in front... made it underneath the overpass... passenger of said vehicle threw his cup of soda at my car.

good times.
Oh HELL nah....Here is your 3 step program for the next time...

1. Follow until you get to a crowded intersection:

2. Proceed with smackdown:

3. Call home for bail money:

Old 07-29-2009, 05:04 AM
gone-zo

^^ lol... I thought about chasing them down... but I was already a block from my apartment, out of the highway and they were on the overpass, still on the highway.

That was evil as hell of them to pull over and wait on the overpass to have my car be directly underneath for the perfect shot.

I was suprised though, I didn't cut them off or anything; just passed em, and went back in the right lane to make my exit. Didn't even go over the speed limit to make my move... they were going THAT SLOW.

I still think it's a compliment when the car you drive forces people to act a fool.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:32 AM
AUS10TAT10US

Just happened right now...I was parking at work and when I get out of the car, all of a sudden the security guard in a golf cart is approaching me very quickly. He says, "I was wondering who drove that Z, looks awesome man. I was wondering if it was you the other day when we were in the elevator (I work on the 1st floor and never use the elevator). What have you done to it? You have it all nice, it's not trashed out like most of the ones I've seen with auto zone crap. Would you like a ride to the front?"

Lol, I told him some of my mods and said thank you for the ride. Saved me the long walk. That just made my day today at work, which is good bc I hate my job!
Old 08-05-2009, 06:58 AM
ChanceWarren

80 pages?? Christ I'll never read all of that...

Anywho I get a story for all you "they thought it was a Porsche" guys.

So I pull up to a Best Buy with the top down and this dood's gettin out of his blacked out Z. Looks like an 06. And he's all, "Nice Porsche, guy!" cuz I was driving my mother's 4S. So I said, "Thanks, my weekend car is a Z. High fives!" We bonded. It was great.

Last edited by ChanceWarren; 08-05-2009 at 06:59 AM.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:41 PM
Lcat84

Heh, some good stories on here, and alot of BS IMO.

I bought mine about 4 months ago, and I've had many compliments...here are a few:

Pulling on base (Whiteman AFB) and the security guard gawked at it, told me he loved the car...despite there being 9 other Z's on base.

Another was when I was picking up a K&N drop filter for the Z at an Autozone. These two cute chicks, prob in their mid teens were standing by Autozone holding signs up for a car wash and were hooping and hollering at me. I turned in and winked at them and they giggled and such back. I went inside got my filter then left w/o getting a wash (I'm the only one that washes my car) they screamed at me again, so I chirped 2nd when I pulled out. I didn't want anything to do with them since I was prob 8 years older.

This one happened yesterday...I was driving down to a UPS store to pick up a part for my car. When these 16 year old kids were riding in a big *** F-150, I passed by them and they sped up right next to me, I looked over and all 4 of them were checking out the ride.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:00 PM
gunz_tone

heres one, i went to a BBQ this past weekend and the parking attendent says " wow nice car man, i promise no car will be parked next to that beautiful machine." when i got back to the parking lot after the BBQ the nearest car was atleast 10 feet away. i guess he kept his promise.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:04 AM
m3ds

I just had to post this story from last night!

I pull up to QT to grab some energy drinks, park up front. As I'm coming in there is a group of pretty hot girls leaving so I hold the door open for them...as I'm walking in I hear one of the girls "Oh my god look at this sick *** car!"

I turn around and they are all standing around my car touching it (I raged at them touching it a little bit on the inside, just detailed it wtf?) and one of them looks up at me and says "Your car is sexy as ****!"

I said thank you, and laughed... the clerk then asked me why I was laughing, so I told her. She then looks outside and starts asking me questions about my car... and proceeds to go on a smoke break after ringing me out to look at my car lol

All that for a '03 Z, you would think it was a Ferrari or something lmao. Funniest thing is that I was parked next to this sick '04 Cobra that nobody but me even noticed LOLOL
Old 08-09-2009, 04:17 PM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its endless the comments...but so many people think its a porsche
Old 08-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Shadrackc

Then again, a lot of people also debadge their car (which I will never understand) so I can see why some people would think it is a porche.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:05 PM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shadrackc
Then again, a lot of people also debadge their car (which I will never understand) so I can see why some people would think it is a porche.
the rear of my car is debadged...i dont know y u wouldnt ...so much cleaner looking as long as its done properly and looks factory and holes are filled
Attached Thumbnails What's the best compliment you have gotten?-pics-2-424.jpg   What's the best compliment you have gotten?-pics-2-423.jpg   What's the best compliment you have gotten?-pics-2-386.jpg  
Old 08-09-2009, 10:06 PM
G4nismo

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

only compliments i've gotten so far are mostly for the color of the car
Old 08-09-2009, 10:07 PM
G4nismo

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
the rear of my car is debadged...i dont know y u wouldnt ...so much cleaner looking as long as its done properly and looks factory and holes are filled
sick porsche bra!
Old 08-09-2009, 10:41 PM
CircleHeartX

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
its endless the comments...but so many people think its a porsche
+1..4 times already.
..picked up my girl the other day from her culinary school and as she was about to walk out, wile i pulled up a girl in her class asked her.. "WOW is that your bf.. that's a really nice car...what kind is it"..my girl responded its a Porsche...(girl)-"WOW". when my girl gets in the car shes laughing and i ask her why you laughing? she said that girl totally believed your car was a Porsce LOL...
i thought it was kinda funny..told my girl not to lie to people..
Old 08-10-2009, 05:42 AM
Shadrackc

I guess I look at debadging as trying to hide the type/mfc of the car. I'm glad that people go "Wow...what kind of car is that?" and then they look and go "Nissan....350Z. That is one good looking car."
Credit where credit is due I guess.
Like buying a beautiful painting and then scratching out the artists name and painting over it. At least that is my opinion.

Quick Reply: What's the best compliment you have gotten?