Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What's the best compliment you have gotten?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 06:08 AM
larue582

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at the Nissan Dealership, (NISSAN DEALERSHIP), the sales man comes out looks at my car walks to the rear, It says Fairlady "Z" on the rear, the guy looks at me and says what kind of car is that? Me an my lady laugh look at each other I say a 350Z, I still have the NISSAN logo on the rear he says who makes that. Very nice car. I walk away.

Last edited by larue582; 08-10-2009 at 06:21 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:17 AM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

This morning, I finally got a strange enough compliment to post on this thread. I parked my car on the street and was paying the meter when this older, somewhat rotund lady (probably in her early 60's) said, "That car is absolutely beautiful. It's one of the nicest reds I've ever seen." I smiled and said "Thanks," paid my meter, locked up and went into a little sundries shop right next to where I parked. I picked up a bottle of orange juice and got into line to pay. When I finally got to the checkout stand, the guy at the register said, "It's been taken care of." I said, "Come again?" and he said, "There was an older lady a few people before you who said that you had a beautiful car and she wanted to buy your orange juice."

That was one of the most interesting compliments I've ever received.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:26 PM
styles350Z

Default i lit. busted out laughing while at work hahahah

Originally Posted by Tannoy
You shoulda chased her down and asked her to dinner and then knocked the bottom out of it.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:48 PM
shaun123

on the way home from purchasing my car last weekend, i took the scenic route (highway through the mountains) instead of the interstate to really test her. I stopped at a small backwoods hick gas station to refuel and went inside to use the restroom. When I walked out to my car the attendant was standing out there admiring my car and asking what it was. I explained and he told me that his little brother loves the z but would have def sh*t on himself if he would've seen mine (nismo).

I took that as a compliment. I have only had the car for less than a week and was out of town monday through friday. I am sure that there will be many more stories for me to add to this thread. very cool stories here, keep it up guys.

Post a pic of your car under your story so that we too can enjoy it

heres mine

https://my350z.com/forum/members/sha...0808-1546.html
https://my350z.com/forum/members/sha...0809-1216.html
Old 08-14-2009, 01:57 PM
Boostguru

best compliment.......hmm.... this one time i was hanging out with jesus, and i couldnt help but notice the poster above his bed of my car. I was pretty flattered i cant lie....
Old 08-14-2009, 08:09 PM
topcity350z

when i was at heartland park for test n tune last night, a guy with a TT terminator mustang pulled up next to me, got out of his car and i had my door opened sitting in it waiting for the track to open and he walked up to me and shook my hand and told me i had the nicest car in topeka (were im from). told me he saw me out on wanamaker (our main drag) and he said he needed a towel, i just cheesed and said thanks
Old 08-14-2009, 08:36 PM
alex23

I stop at a red light and i hear some guy saying yo you fit in that car, and i am like wtf hes like do you fit in it. I am like yea real nice. then he is like that is a sweet ride man and hes gf laughed. then i let him go up ahead a bit and then burned him lol i found it funny while it was happening
Old 08-15-2009, 12:49 AM
choosky32

The biggest compliment I got was from Michael Knight. I was caught in traffic one day and running late for a movie audition when I realized the only way I was to make it there on time was to mutter the words "turbo boost kit!". It was amazing. I jumped 15 cars and hit the ground at 120 mph giving me just enough momentum to spin into the parking lot at Universal Studios. And I got the role!! Starring along Selma Blair. Michael just happened to be there that day with his daughter and needless to say they were both impressed!! Selma really likes my car but it is little in comparison to her ferrari f40!! I am happy with my 350z though, for now!!!
Old 08-16-2009, 07:34 PM
Elan

Yeah so one day I decided to go admire Ferraris at the dealership. I pulled up, nothing special. I'm surrounded by F430s...so anyways I browsed around and went back to my car to leave. As I was backing out I noticed a family with a camera watching me. I see the dad point at my car and the little girl took a picture. Then I started driving off, turning the heads of everyone there...At a Ferrari dealer? I felt so showed up, yet I had people photographing my car. Funny times.

Awesome stories guys. I like the girl ones so here is a short one:

Pull up to make a left turn. Light was red so a beater pulls up next to me going straight. I have my windows up but this hot girl sticks her head out the window of the passenger side and I notice he just eyeballing my car. I read her lips: "OMG I love that car!" I drop the windows to checkout the girl. The guy driving turns around and looks. He had that jealous look in his eye and said "Wish I had my 450HP Camaro and I'd burn you." I didn't say anything back about that. Just said, yeah but mine looks better and I drove off.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:38 PM
I DTW I

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Right after I bought the car I could tell I'm gonna get LOTS of compliments

-After I signed the papers to buy the car, I went around to the front of the dealership where it was and started admiring it as being mine for good. There was a fast food drive through next to the dealership and there were these 2 girls waiting in the drive through line. And as I was closing the car door they yelled “NICE CAR !!” to me. I must've been really smiling when I yelled “Thank you!” back, because I was thinking I've only had this car for 2 or 3 minutes and already its like this I couldn't believe it. It really phased me because I was in a parking lot of high end BMW, Mercedes, and Porsches!! Girls didn't seem to notice all those cars, but they noticed my sexy orange Z!

-5 minutes later the salesman had taken the car nearby the drive through line to fill up on gas, and my dad and I walked over there....exactly the same time the 2 girls got their food and started to drive off, and passed RIGHT in front of us, and both the girls were giggling with huge grins on their face and they both waved at me, and I smiled back. My dad saw the whole thing, he was like “oh whatEVER” I couldn't do anything but laugh at that!! This car is gonna be so good!

Oh yeah and I when I showed a girl on facebook a picture of my car she said my car "looks like a car a superhero would drive." LoL!

This thread is the best I read all 81 pages! I can't wait to add more.

Last edited by I DTW I; 09-01-2009 at 09:01 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:36 PM
Kirbaaybaayy

Originally Posted by I DTW I
This thread is the best I read all 81 pages! I can't wait to add more.
haha i know its like addicting lol but people have asked me if its a porsche but who doesnt get that.
a girl from my school from the yearbook staff asked me to be in the yearbook for have the nicest car at school! haha i didnt know what to think because there are sexy blacked out M3's and rangerovers on 22's and also a brand new audi a5 completely black thats really sexy! but my car won
Old 09-01-2009, 08:32 PM
Elan

Today I rolled into the Target parking lot. Got out of my car and started walking to the doors. A guy maybe late 30's early 40's stops me and is like "Is that your car?" I respond "Yes it is". He says "Does it got *****?" I said "Oh Yeah." He says "Is it fast? How does it do against BMWs?" I said "Well I have beaten a couple E46s and Mustang GTs." Then he begins asking me about the parts I put on. Rims, Exhaust, etc. Then he shocked me. "Is it fun cause I'm thinking of getting something like this. My M5 is cool, but I'm looking for something really fun." My jaw dropped at this point. Yep I had an M5 driver not only ask me about my car but compliment it??? Since when did a BMW driver with a 100k 500HP car start complimenting a 30K, 306HP Z??? I just walked on in feeling like a million dollars!
Old 09-02-2009, 03:52 PM
ZS14RR

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

kids yelling out "nice car"...i get it quite often
Old 09-02-2009, 05:34 PM
yelohandL

first day i bought the car some old guy in a truck pulled up next to me and said, "i didn't know nissan made cars with such beautiful lines."

another story, i was helping one of my girl friends move to new apartment and her dad was driving the uhaul truck behind me and apparently told her, "that is one nice car. who would be driving that kind of car in college campus?!?" haha apparently old folks thinks it's very expensive car.

i parked my car and was waiting for my friend, and i saw a spot i missed when i was doing a wax job for my car. so i wiped it with my shirt and some guy was walking by and said, "i wouldn't mine getting my shirt just a little dirty for that kind of beautiful car."

my Z is pikes peak white 08 and i think i get all these compliments, even though it's complete stock, because i NEVER keep the car dirty. it always shines hahaha. and i get compliments like this almost EVERY time i drive around. weird.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:35 PM
Zakira

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This happened at a Wachovia branch about a couple months ago. I have an 03 Z, and I'm in Socal where Zs are dime a dozen. I park my car AWAY from the front door so as to be discreet. And YET, this very pretty Latina teller, after helping me, mentions that I have a nice car... phoo.... caught me off guard dammit
I wonder if she liked me or my car
Old 09-02-2009, 08:41 PM
sammyG350gt

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

i cruised by my friends pad the other night and some girl asked me to pop my hood.. i didn't even get it half way open and she says..... "I JUST CAME.." lol

i told her to keep her pants on til i get my timing cover polished

Old 09-05-2009, 06:42 AM
robfuqua

Question Huh?

Originally Posted by Benny Kyke
I was chillin in my redline Z one day smokin a phatty ya know with a friend. Then I got arrested and the cop said I had a bad *** car. He proceeded to imply that if I let him borrow it for the weekend he would let me walk. I told him he is dreaming and just paid the ticket. BUT the compliment was, his scad car was an LS1 camero!!
You "paid a ticket" for smoking a joint? How does that work?

I smell bullsh!t...
Old 09-05-2009, 10:31 AM
NyCSnEaK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

he must either be from Vegas, Cali, or somewhere in Canada. Those are the only places in North America that give tickets for Weed, instead of locking you up, that I know of.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:20 AM
Boostguru

Originally Posted by Entaille
ah man that is good stuff. I love it when kids that age stare at my car in amazement. brings back similar memories when I was growing up. I had a little kid staring at me in a lane next to me for a while yesterday, poking his dad in the shoulder and pointing out my car.
haha that happened to me last night at wallyworld. my friends like "dude i think that kid thinks you drive a ferrari...." i look and the kid is like while nudging his mom to look my way, even took a pause from eating his icecream. memories.....

oh and update.... since my post last month, i've gotten a LOT of the same question... "how fast have you taken it to?" as im walking into a gas station/doughnut shop/etc. thats just as good as a "nice car" in my book

Last edited by Boostguru; 09-07-2009 at 07:25 AM.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:48 AM
MrNorwall

Offer to give a kid a ride home, says no he's alright then looks at my car and responds with "Let me ask my dad". Guess thats a compliment? But seriously, everyone compliments me. My friend got a lexus is350 and doesnt get as much attention

Quick Reply: What's the best compliment you have gotten?