Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What's the best compliment you have gotten?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 08:34 AM
doncesar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

kids staring at my car is great, but people pointing at the fairlady z emblem and sayin what car is that is far better lol
Old 07-04-2009, 08:38 AM
My Revenge

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a cop compliment me on how shiny it was as I was finishing waxing it... that's about it.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:55 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by bmccann101
I get lots of compliments from guys w tuner cars, nice luxury cars etc... but the best was drivin down the 51 next to a car w some kid in the passenger s next to mom, looked like he was between 6-8, tops. And he was just staring at my car... just like we all have before... this sounds stupid and cheesy, but he was showing the purest form of what it all began for all of us with.... a basic natural emotion to cars... he just had the "Whoa!" look and an open mouth.... he has no idea what JDM is, the diff between the price of a 911 or a Lamborghini...but just saw a car he really liked......man, wish I was that age again. Thats good stuff.
Heck ya! i know what you mean! saw the same face on a Kid when i was pulling up all slow into a parking lot.......kid was just in "wow mode"........

he broke free from his moms hand and waited.....i parked and got out and he yelled "nice car"..........was all smiles.......as him mom grabbed his hand and yanked him to hurry up........

it was cool........

-J
Old 07-04-2009, 09:33 AM
doncesar

Also nice compliments from cute ladies lol
Old 07-04-2009, 06:43 PM
Manjot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Entaille
ah man that is good stuff. I love it when kids that age stare at my car in amazement. brings back similar memories when I was growing up. I had a little kid staring at me in a lane next to me for a while yesterday, poking his dad in the shoulder and pointing out my car.
I just had that happen today. I was waiting for the light to turn green and this pickup drives by with a kid sitting in the passenger seat with that "wooow" face. I just smiled back.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:57 PM
AVmagneticZ

was at the beach had two thugs walking by the front of my car as i was making a turn at a stop sign. then i rev the engine to take off and the one guy stops and says "how much pounds of boost?"

....my car is n/a. found that pretty funny.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:50 AM
costilla

The one for me was, I was walking back to my car when I saw this little girl real shy walk close to my car while her mom took a picture of her next to my car and she had a big smile.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:28 AM
DJ919

I don't think there not one of us here that hasn't had cool compliment moments, or hasn't caught people looking over our Zs...Its just a good feeling. The ladies are a given, and I love that they love our rides...But when you get respect from other car enthusiasts, thats the keeper...Pulled up to a 7-11. An older muscle car guy getting into a SUPER clean 70 chevelle SS stopped right before getting looked at my Z and said " Lookin good, Is that thing as fast as it looks"...Great props on the cosmetics of the Z given by, of all people. a Muscle Car enthusiast. That's the thing about our Zs, simply put, they're head turners...Great looking cars.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:10 AM
lyork92

i got pulled over by a cop my first week driving my Z going 55 in a 35 and i just innocently said, "i just got this car so i'm not used to how fast it goes" he just chuckled and took my license and came back and said, "i had a Z before and i know how it is" and let me go.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:08 AM
Shadrackc

See, that I can believe. I have had the unfortunate luck of getting cops that stop me who don't like the fact I have a nice car so they look for things to bust me on. I had bent my front plate like a euro style plate and they charged me with defacing a license plate. Fought it and won. Cop says to me at the elevator..."So...you going to bend it back?"

"No....I won." I said to him.
"Well then we are going to keep stopping you." he replies.
"Go ahead. I have a precedent now and I'm on salary so I get paid even sitting here in court." I said...nicely. "I bent it because I didn't want to drill holes in my new car."
"Hey. I had to drill holes in my car for a front plate." he barks to me.
"Ahhh. So now we get to the root of the problem." I say.
He then turns away from me, and takes the stairs.
I ended up getting a printout of the judgement to keep in my car and the two times I have been stopped I have showed the cops and they have let me go.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:32 AM
Elan

God there are just too many compliments that I get. Stares, etc. It's a good feeling. Pulled up to a light just chilling and some girls from two lanes away pull up almost into the intersection on a red light (lol) and start yelling to me how I have the sickest car they have ever seen. Then one jokingly said we should race and I just laughed. Gave them some cause and just a bit of tire spin to show off. That same night I was sitting by myself making a left turn. A Cop coming the opposite direction turns past me. Gives me a honk of his siren, waves and shoots me a thumbs up. To be honest the siren gave me a scare, but then I saw what he was doing and gave a nice wave back. :P
Old 07-06-2009, 08:16 AM
lyork92

at this point, i'm too busy driving, trying not to kill myself to worry too much if someone is checking out my car, my friend on the passenger side always tells me whats going on and who's checking us out, well, the car out...
Old 07-06-2009, 08:31 AM
Viggy75

lol well i went to jones beach for july 4th fireworks.. newsday said there was around 150 thousand people there pullin out of the parking lot was where i got the most complments... stuck in non moving traffic for almost an hour people came up to my window and asked me if they could just look at my car lol... some older guy asked me what a fairlady z is i said a 350z with extra power he said thats extremely nice.. lol uhh some mexicans packed in a truck about 10 cars behind me yelled and got my attention just to tell me they think my car is sick lol idk i get compliments every day especially for my rims and my headlights
Old 07-06-2009, 08:42 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

it's bad enough to badge your car as something it's not, but why ******** them about the meaning, why not explain what it really is?

I don't really have a problem with folks if they want the badge to pay homage to it's roots, but really, it's a 350z with extra power?

do you have stickers that add horse power too?
Old 07-06-2009, 08:58 AM
trodis
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Entaille
it's bad enough to badge your car as something it's not, but why ******** them about the meaning, why not explain what it really is?

I don't really have a problem with folks if they want the badge to pay homage to it's roots, but really, it's a 350z with extra power?

do you have stickers that add horse power too?
I am guessing they don't know the real meaning of "Fairlady".
Old 07-06-2009, 09:33 AM
lyork92

i thought it was just a musical? : - )
Old 07-06-2009, 10:04 AM
sunWukong

a week after I got the black 350Z roadster, I was leaving a sushi restaurant. As I was getting in the car, a guy runs out of the Double Daves next door to ask me whether I have a 370 or 350. We talked for a few minutes about my car and his older generation Zs. All this while my girlfriend and her family were standing by their car waiting for me to leave.

That day...I knew I bought the right car.

Also, I was washing and waxing my car last night when a family of 4 taking a walk passed my house. they all stared. On the way back, they stared again and the dad says "that's a beautiful car"

Last edited by sunWukong; 07-06-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:15 PM
Reggae420
Banned

Ive had the Z for 3 days and already got a great compliment, pulled into the gas station for the first time today and the guy comes over to the window and goes "****, I have a poster of your car in my room" made my day haha
Old 07-07-2009, 06:43 PM
costilla

To this day, my friends still tell me everyday my car is badd, they cant stop looking at it. and some people ask me also about my "fairlady z". I tell them its the japan version, thats it.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:59 PM
SilverZ03

i was at the car wash giving the Z a bath and an old man walks by me and says "60 right?" ... i said huh ? he said " $ 60,000 right ? " i laughed and said your close .. thinking to myself damn i have all these people fooled! hahaha

Quick Reply: What's the best compliment you have gotten?