Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What's the best compliment you have gotten?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 11:28 PM
SniperHunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a compliment yesterday from some overweight/fat sh*t bag ***** when she walked past my car with her equally fat friends. I'm approaching my car, and I see her looking at it. She looks through the window and says "who the **** would buy an automatic?!" to which I replied from behind them "I did".

Her stupid friends all laughed at her and she goes "oh ****" and runs away, while they're all still laughing. Funny enough, she has the audacity to crack on my car while she gets into her parents' Rav-4. I had some other words for her, but why beat on a whale that probably gets beaten on daily anyways.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:54 PM
350Zdj

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^nice!

well i was driving through a crowded street. On this pedestrian crossing i stopped to let people cross .. one of the guys who was crossing came and stood right in front of my car directly facing me. Then he starts doing the Power Ranger pose and then he shows both his thumbs up. his friends were looking too and they were enjoying the little scene. I lol'd and gave thumbs up as well. . . just one of the instances. the Z is a real looker.

Last edited by 350Zdj; 07-20-2009 at 11:58 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:36 AM
DiscoLiveOpera

When I first got it people didn't believe it was mine until I drove away in it. I guess a 22 year old that works at home depot can't have a nice car. We don't get payed minimal wage dammit. I also have my own house.. I just budget well.

I was at a stop light 4th car back, a civic hatchback revved up to 3 blondes holding up car wash signs on the corner, it was a rattle can sound, so I revved up and I was with my friend and we just laughed, but one girl gave me a thumbs up and smile and one clapped.

It was a big difference from a Corolla S to a Z, I am an only child so I am used to wanting attention, with a Z you get it.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:49 AM
RaeZ

Sometimes people just stare and end up walking into each other or tripping over themselves...very entertaining

Last edited by RaeZ; 07-23-2009 at 06:12 AM. Reason: stare lol
Old 07-21-2009, 03:44 PM
sanford

disregard this post

Last edited by sanford; 07-21-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:47 PM
sanford

this is a really good thread alot of same things has happen to me and I only had my z for one day.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:59 PM
AUS10TAT10US

I was driving down the street to my gf's house and when I'm about to park, I see a C6 coming out of the alley. I notice that he is slowly creepin' towards me. As I come out of the car, the guy asks me is it turboed bc he thought he saw a front mount. So I said no. He then goes on to say "Wow what a nice Z. It's gorgeous." I told him his C6 was beautiful as well. Then he stares for a few more seconds and I could just see the satisfaction in his face. Getting compliments from "superior" cars ftw.

Actually the day before at a stoplight, I heard someone revving at me so I look around and see a lifted truck and wonder if it was him. I don't think too much of it....then comes another rev. Well I rev back at him, and through his PA he said "Damnnnnnnn." I lol'ed.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:09 PM
CHUBBZ510
OG SKYWALKER

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR
A year ago when I was still in college, I illegally parked my car in the faculty area next to an older Carrera and a 996 turbo. Had to turn in a thesis paper.

Came out to get back into the car and one of the older faculty ladies walking by said,

"I like your porsche! It's the best one in this lot!"

"Haha thanks but it's a Nissan Z."

"That's not a porsche? Fine, best Nissan I've ever seen then..whatever letter it goes by."

I didn't know whether to be a little offended, but now thinking in retrospect, what a cool lady and refreshing compliment.
WHY DO PEOPLE THINK THAT MY Z IS A PORSCHE?? iv gotten that 2 or 3 times man... its fuuunny
Old 07-22-2009, 04:18 AM
gone-zo

Pretty dangerous but from time to time other drivers stare... while driving... and totally lose sight of the road ahead. Sometimes they end up just going outside their lines for a little bit; other times they stop way too late and result in blocking an intersection... happened about 3 times now. : )
Old 07-22-2009, 04:36 AM
J350z101

Originally Posted by TheBestThereIs
No matter how many compliments I get, nothing feels better than when I walk outside or look out my window and see the car me and my best friend were talking about wanting in Highschool. I love this car.
Feel the same way ;]
Old 07-22-2009, 05:49 AM
Viggy75

Originally Posted by Elan
Ah just remembered! True Story:

So I was crusin' with my brother. I spot a white Bentley. Chrome rims, limo tints, all tricked out. He had his window cracked so I decided to be a show-off and I down-shifted next to him and gave it some gas. I look over and who is it? 50 Cent! He gave me a little smile and then shifted a lane and flew off. Good times!
lol tony yayo lives near me on long island and ive passed him a few times and hes passed me back in his yellow f430 and he was passanger in a red 430 and i reved at them and they started laughin and reved at me haha
Old 07-22-2009, 06:14 AM
culvi

When I got my 03 in 05, I remember being in a building on a military base doing some processing. It was a building that I commonly went into so I knew the people in there. From where they sat they could see the parking lot and where used to me driving in with my Honda (all hooked up for the time). They saw me pull in with the Z and I got - "that car is so slick" from a few of the older people. I got a comment saying "looks like a car out of a bond movie or something." I also got the comments of "how much do you pay for that thing or how much do you make to drive something like that." That was all bone stock with no mods too!
Old 07-22-2009, 06:38 AM
SS728

"Nice 300zx!"

Old 07-22-2009, 11:40 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sanford
this is a really good thread alot of same things has happen to me and I only had my z for one day.
Lol, wait til you've had your 350 for 5 -6 years like a lot of us have. You'll have stacks of stories to tell.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:59 AM
Mitsuomi

been reading this thread for a while.. Most of the compliments i get have already been mentioned by other people. "cool car, beautiful car, nice ride, oshit, and the common stares etc" so i didnt really bother to post, but something very weird happend yesterday.

i was on my way home from work, i take the 826 south (i live in Miami) and i move to the left most lane. I noticed a cop behind me, no big deal i did nothing wrong (or so i thought). a few seconds later i see his lights are on... at that point im like "**** what did i do wrong" i pull over to the left emergency lane and stop. cop gets off his car, goes to me and says "nice car, i have an 06Z where did you get your kit from? he then asked me a few other questions about pricing, websites where he could purchase body kit pieces etc. Then he said with a big smile on his face "take care, and dont go crazy, the Z is a cop magnet" and left. I was in shock for a good 5 minutes or so, it was my first time getting pulled over and i thought i was gonna get a ticket
Old 07-23-2009, 07:43 AM
gone-zo

^^^ glad it was a false alarm for the ticket. For some reason, i still feel like he's a jerk for having stopped you.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:44 AM
Sor

Originally Posted by Mitsuomi
been reading this thread for a while.. Most of the compliments i get have already been mentioned by other people. "cool car, beautiful car, nice ride, oshit, and the common stares etc" so i didnt really bother to post, but something very weird happend yesterday.

i was on my way home from work, i take the 826 south (i live in Miami) and i move to the left most lane. I noticed a cop behind me, no big deal i did nothing wrong (or so i thought). a few seconds later i see his lights are on... at that point im like "**** what did i do wrong" i pull over to the left emergency lane and stop. cop gets off his car, goes to me and says "nice car, i have an 06Z where did you get your kit from? he then asked me a few other questions about pricing, websites where he could purchase body kit pieces etc. Then he said with a big smile on his face "take care, and dont go crazy, the Z is a cop magnet" and left. I was in shock for a good 5 minutes or so, it was my first time getting pulled over and i thought i was gonna get a ticket
Haha thats awesome
Old 07-23-2009, 09:54 AM
Mitsuomi

Yeah, i was really nervous as it was my first time.. but if i was a cop i'd do the same thing i think... sometimes i see people with some nice set ups and i wanna stop them to ask them about it
glad i didnt get a ticket though
Old 07-23-2009, 10:00 AM
jasabeast

Originally Posted by Mitsuomi

Not all cops are d-bags lol
Old 07-23-2009, 01:25 PM
vex008

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

A work van hit my Z (work van at fault).
When the guy that owns the company appeared on the scene he flipped out and then started to look ill cause he thought it was a porsche.

Pulled in front of the courthouse and parked in a no parking zone to run into the bank across the street. return to my car after about 3 minutes and a traffic cop is standing next to the Z.
Thought I was screwed but he was just admiring it, asked me a bunch of stuff that i don't even remember cause I was worried he was gonna switchup on me and tow the car. He then said have a nice day and went and stopped a guy getting out of his car 4 legal parking spot up the street cause his front tire and bumper was about 1/2 a foot out of the parking spot an into the traffic lane.
I jumped in and was gone in no time.

Quick Reply: What's the best compliment you have gotten?