Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Power brakes went out!!! Anyone know why??? HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 07:39 PM
username

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power brakes went out!!! Anyone know why??? HELP!!!

I just had my Stillen SC put on my car. I left GRD and about half way home, I went to stop and my brake pedal would not budge. I had to use 2 feet and my emergency break to slow the car down. AGAIN, I REPEAT, THE PEDAL WOULD NOT BUDGE. This does not mean, that I applied pressure to the brake pedal and it hit the floor, but rather, it would not move. The harder I pushed on the pedal, the car would start to SLOW down. It freaked me out and I thought at first that maybe I lost all brake fluid. When I got home, I immediately check my power brake fluid and it was full. I called GRD the next day and the mechanic thinks that because I went FI, the FI might be keeping pressure on the vaccuum line for the brakes.

DOES THIS MAKE SENSE TO ANYONE HERE???

He also said that I might have a kink in the vaccuum line or that a valve in the vaccuum line has failed.

The weird thing is that when cruising down the freeway for an extended period of time, if I need to apply the brakes they initially work, but as soon as I let off of the brake and then apply the brakes again, I can't push the pedal in.

Also, if I am stopped at a light and I have my foot on the brake, the pedal finally starts to sink extrememly slow after about 30 sec or so. I need help. Suggestions as to what I might do to fix the problem myself. I do have an appointment with them, but until then... if it is an easy fix, I would really like to fix it rather than drive 70 miles to the shop.

Thanks.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:03 PM
Peking

Geebus, I know you want some help...

But dude posting this same thread in multiple places is just annoying.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:03 PM
JORGEOLIVEIRA
Builder/Framer

check the vac. line on the left side of yhe intake manifold to the fire wall , unplug it from the end away from the engine and w/ the engine idling check for vaccum if ok , plug it back and let the motor run w/ the line in place , stop the motor and check for vac. at the same connection (the line at the fire wall goes to a vac. reservoar )the vac. res. may be leaking !!!
Old 04-22-2006, 08:05 PM
JORGEOLIVEIRA
Builder/Framer

if the vac. res. checks OK , have a mechanic do a vac. test on the brake booster .....

Last edited by JORGEOLIVEIRA; 04-22-2006 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:10 PM
smcginnis87

I would say take it to a Nissan place...they can figure out whats wrong....
Old 04-22-2006, 11:06 PM
99atlantic

Originally Posted by smcginnis87
I would say take it to a Nissan place...they can figure out whats wrong....
after staring at it for 2hrs then billing you going 'yep, it's a car. We've determined that we can indeed work on it because it has 4wheels and an engine. Now we'll bill you another 2hrs to determine if it's a Nissan, then we can try to figure out waht the problem is'.
Old 04-23-2006, 04:48 AM
username

Originally Posted by 99atlantic
after staring at it for 2hrs then billing you going 'yep, it's a car. We've determined that we can indeed work on it because it has 4wheels and an engine. Now we'll bill you another 2hrs to determine if it's a Nissan, then we can try to figure out waht the problem is'.

Ain't that the truth. Everyone thanks for your help. I'll go try it now. Thanks.
Old 04-23-2006, 04:50 AM
username

Originally Posted by Peking
Geebus, I know you want some help...

But dude posting this same thread in multiple places is just annoying.
Thanks Peking. I know that you could have come in here flaming, but you didn't. Thanks for your suggestions.

Oh, by the way, since you flamed, I'll flame back... IF YOU THINK IT IS ANNOYING, QUIT READING!!! because I don't need your kind of positive help. Ok?
Old 04-23-2006, 04:52 AM
username

Originally Posted by JORGEOLIVEIRA
check the vac. line on the left side of yhe intake manifold to the fire wall , unplug it from the end away from the engine and w/ the engine idling check for vaccum if ok , plug it back and let the motor run w/ the line in place , stop the motor and check for vac. at the same connection (the line at the fire wall goes to a vac. reservoar )the vac. res. may be leaking !!!
Thanks my friend. If it is leaking, is it just tightening of some hoses to fix it?
Old 04-23-2006, 06:26 AM
Peking

Originally Posted by username
Thanks Peking. I know that you could have come in here flaming, but you didn't. Thanks for your suggestions.

Oh, by the way, since you flamed, I'll flame back... IF YOU THINK IT IS ANNOYING, QUIT READING!!! because I don't need your kind of positive help. Ok?
Can't help it when you use the exact same title in various sections here

You might not need it my "positive help", but you did get it. Learn to respect the forum.

If everyone just wanted to post what they wanted anywhere, and having the same threads everywhere would just make a huge mess and make the forum just about useless.

So don't feel high and mighty because you need help with something and that excuses you from forum etiquette.

Last edited by Peking; 04-23-2006 at 08:16 AM.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:57 AM
roast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't help it when you use the exact same title in various sections here

You might not need it my "positive help", but you did get it. Learn to respect the forum.

If everyone just wanted to post what they wanted anywhere, and having the same threads everywhere would just make a huge mess and make the forum just about useless.

So don't feel high and mighty because you need help with something and that excuses you from forum edicate.
It's etiquette, and before you worry about "respecting the forum" you should first start with respecting the users. If this happened to you, you might be a little freaked out too. This is a big forum in which some users don't check every forum, so he's simply trying to get maximum exposure. If you don't like it, the solution is simple: Don't read it.

Sorry I can't help username, if I could I would. I just felt like that needed to be said. Good luck, and I hope you get your problem worked out.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:13 AM
Peking

Originally Posted by roast
It's etiquette, and before you worry about "respecting the forum" you should first start with respecting the users. If this happened to you, you might be a little freaked out too. This is a big forum in which some users don't check every forum, so he's simply trying to get maximum exposure. If you don't like it, the solution is simple: Don't read it.

Sorry I can't help username, if I could I would. I just felt like that needed to be said. Good luck, and I hope you get your problem worked out.
Sorry posted that right after waking up, and I understand that... To an extent. But I am no newb, been on various car forums since 02... Been many times a moderator on various forums... And like many have seen over and over again folks who come onto forums and don't respect the site or members...

This is a example of this, the posting of exact threads in mulitple sections just to get a quick answer. Once again, many forums do not allow this regardless of size. He could have just posted in the correct section and be patient.

Reasons are obvious. And respect is a two way street.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:21 AM
username

Originally Posted by roast

Thanks Roast...
Old 04-23-2006, 09:24 AM
username

Sorry posted that right after waking up, and I understand that... To an extent. But I am no newb, been on various car forums since 02... Been many times a moderator on various forums... And like many have seen over and over again folks who come onto forums and don't respect the site or members...

This is a example of this, the posting of exact threads in mulitple sections just to get a quick answer. Once again, many forums do not allow this regardless of size. He could have just posted in the correct section and be patient.

Thanks again. Try adding something positive. Even though I posted in multiple sections, all of those sections apply to my problem. I posted in the brake section, I posted in the forced induction section since the forced induction is what is causing the problem and I also posted in the general 350z section which allows "many" to see it.

If you visited me on my forum "G35Driver.com" I would cut you some slack. BTW, I have been a member over there since 03. I'm not a newbie. And like Roast said, I AM FREAKED OUT!!!!

Last edited by username; 04-23-2006 at 10:04 AM.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:07 AM
username

I GOT IT WORKING. Thanks to all that helped in a positive way. It was a kinked vaccuum hose. Thanks again to all that helped... except for "pee queen".
Old 04-23-2006, 10:57 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I GOT IT WORKING. Thanks to all that helped in a positive way. It was a kinked vaccuum hose. Thanks again to all that helped... except for "pee queen".
Old 04-23-2006, 11:47 AM
Peking

"pee queen".
Hahaha

Regardless, nice to see it is working now.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:16 PM
jinsei888

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, forum experience must be a real worthwhile profession, im impressed