Sponsored by:

Z DreamZ Crushed

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 03:45 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Anthony C
would you ever like to have your z sponsored? would that be a goal to you. cause most ppl strive to be sponsored.. and GUESS WHAT . ppl with sponsorships get sponsorships cause its free handouts. like tires , clutches and so on... if you were offered a free TT kit from GReddy or a supercharger from vortech for 100% free, would you say no bc you would rather spend $6,000 out of your own pocket just so you can be "proud" of yourself? c'mon guy your lieing to yourself.... EVERYONES wants free handouts. ppl dont work 60+ hours a week for a nice car because they want to. they do so because they have to inorder to have what they want... your all liars if you say you dont want anything for free . again, key point is sponsors. drifters want to be sponsered by falken lets say so they dont have to pay for tires each time... mmkay?

but go on and pay for whatever you want and then spit in those of the faces who can get things without paying. Yea i pay for my own things but not cause i want to but because i have to. i have to work hard to play hard but who says im wrong for wanthing something haded to me once in a blue moon???
who told you that sponsorships = free handouts?? That person must have never been sponsored.

If you want to use that reasoning, please do more research or actually get into the industry before you make such comments.

oh and I don't like handouts either. makes me feel like I owe people something. For all the people that has helped me, I have returned the favor in 1 way or another. My dad wanted me to work for his company, but I declined and went on to do something else. The last thing I want to do is to doubt myself on my dying day, wondering if I could have done all this on my own.

Last edited by Nitrouz; 11-23-2006 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:02 PM
Anthony C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok i give up on the ppl here... oh nd BTW yea most sponsorships do give you free things.
i wasnt trying to turn this into a topic of "oh get sponsored, cause you get free things" i was using it since you said you wont take something for free, as if theres something wrong with it but Hey, i guess since drag cars and drift cars get free products by their sponsors its wrong. they should have to pay for them like everyone else right??

anyways about the topic of parents buying cars... if your parents lead a successful life and have the money to give their children a good life then AMEN to that.

and who said im spoiled?? i work for everything i own. i spent 4 grand on camera equipment on my own at the age of 19 jsut so i can lead a life in automotive photography... i paid for all my cars and all their work done to it. insurancei pay for to... so 'nuff said about that issue. and im very much grown up. im sticking up for the younger crowd because A-holes like yourself look down on them saying they dont deserve to have something nice since they are going to wreck it. well if theyre parents can afford to give them a nice car then they can afford to repair it. but if disrespecting young teenagers with ambitions on owning a nice car makes you feel more successful in owning a 350z then all the more power to ya dude....

im only 21 and i think my mentality towards others is more respectful than most of the ppl on here... a 350z is not a middle aged person car. anyone should have to right to own a Z or ferrari, so long as its affordable in that household...

long story short... my boss , who is 29, makes 5 mill a year after taxes... his dad gave him a 911 for his 17th bday. ontop of that he bought a f355 with money from his bank account. and now he is an avvid experienced racer and well respected at the track. so maybe its not a bad thing to start off yougn with a nice car...

yea i know totally irrelevant i guess but its the point. its not your money so dont talk down on someone for getting something for free.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:08 PM
G Spot

I wish I still had my dad.
I would give $30k if I can spend just 1 more day with him.
Hey OP, just give your parents a big hug and a kiss and remember be thankful for what you have.

Happy Thanksgivings Everyone...
Old 11-23-2006, 04:08 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

ok i give up on the ppl here... oh nd BTW yea most sponsorships do give you free things.
i wasnt trying to turn this into a topic of "oh get sponsored, cause you get free things" i was using it since you said you wont take something for free, as if theres something wrong with it but Hey, i guess since drag cars and drift cars get free products by their sponsors its wrong. they should have to pay for them like everyone else right??

anyways about the topic of parents buying cars... if your parents lead a successful life and have the money to give their children a good life then AMEN to that.

and who said im spoiled?? i work for everything i own. i spent 4 grand on camera equipment on my own at the age of 19 jsut so i can lead a life in automotive photography... i paid for all my cars and all their work done to it. insurancei pay for to... so 'nuff said about that issue. and im very much grown up. im sticking up for the younger crowd because A-holes like yourself look down on them saying they dont deserve to have something nice since they are going to wreck it. well if theyre parents can afford to give them a nice car then they can afford to repair it. but if disrespecting young teenagers with ambitions on owning a nice car makes you feel more successful in owning a 350z then all the more power to ya dude....

im only 21 and i think my mentality towards others is more respectful than most of the ppl on here... a 350z is not a middle aged person car. anyone should have to right to own a Z or ferrari, so long as its affordable in that household...

long story short... my boss , who is 29, makes 5 mill a year after taxes... his dad gave him a 911 for his 17th bday. ontop of that he bought a f355 with money from his bank account. and now he is an avvid experienced racer and well respected at the track. so maybe its not a bad thing to start off yougn with a nice car...

yea i know totally irrelevant i guess but its the point. its not your money so dont talk down on someone for getting something for free.
I agree that those are your opinions, and I respect that. Even though other opinions may be different, which does not mean that they were wrong.

The only thing that you were completely wrong on was "sponsorships = free stuff". Any tiny understanding of the industry will lead you to find that to be false.

You have to work hard to GET the sponsorship. You have to work hard to KEEP that sponsorship, whether it be racing, showing, or finding magazine editors to present your car with. Believe it or not, it's a lot harder work than most people think. You have to work very hard for sponsorships, especially the first few, therefore it's not "free".
Old 11-23-2006, 04:09 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Originally Posted by G Spot
I wish I still had my dad.
I would give $30k if I can spend just 1 more day with him.
Hey OP, just give your parents a big hug and a kiss and remember be thankful for what you have.

Happy Thanksgivings Everyone...
best reply in this thread. AMEN to that. I'd give up my Z today if I could see my mother one more time.

Last edited by Nitrouz; 11-23-2006 at 04:13 PM.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:13 PM
Anthony C

Originally Posted by Nitrouz
I agree that those are your opinions, and I respect that. Even though other opinions may be different, which does not mean that they were wrong.

The only thing that you were completely wrong on was "sponsorships = free stuff". Any tiny understanding of the industry will lead you to find that to be false.

You have to work hard to GET the sponsorship. You have to work hard to KEEP that sponsorship, whether it be racing, showing, or finding magazine editors to present your car with. Believe it or not, it's a lot harder work than most people think. You have to work very hard for sponsorships, especially the first few, therefore it's not "free".

Trust me i know you have to work really hard to get sponsored and stay sponsored.. BUT the idea behind being sponsored is so those sponsorships give your free products put out by their company... if that is false than why does everyone crave to be sponsored??? for recognition? end of the day its for free parts.... im in the automotive world day in day out being a photographer.. im around magazine cars quite often so i know the scene very well i can assure you...
Old 11-23-2006, 04:25 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Trust me i know you have to work really hard to get sponsored and stay sponsored.. BUT the idea behind being sponsored is so those sponsorships give your free products put out by their company... if that is false than why does everyone crave to be sponsored??? for recognition? end of the day its for free parts.... im in the automotive world day in day out being a photographer.. im around magazine cars quite often so i know the scene very well i can assure you...
I understand your point completely. Maybe it's miscommunication on what I consider "free" and what you consider "free".

To me, I work for money. To the sponsored car owners, they work for parts. We both work, just for different things. If money isn't considered free to give out, then parts aren't either.

I think what you consider "free" is just not having to PAY for it monetarily. But to me, it means not having to give up something (work, effort, time) for.

That's why I believe nothing in this world is free.

Anyways, all good. Happy Thanksgiving.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:29 PM
Anthony C

I understand your point completely. Maybe it's miscommunication on what I consider "free" and what you consider "free".

To me, I work for money. To the sponsored car owners, they work for parts. We both work, just for different things. If money isn't considered free to give out, then parts aren't either.

I think what you consider "free" is just not having to PAY for it monetarily. But to me, it means not having to give up something (work, effort, time) for.

That's why I believe nothing in this world is free.

Anyways, all good. Happy Thanksgiving.
haha yea i got ya man... nothing is free... you spend a crap load of money to make your car unique to get spnosored. so is a way your spending money only to make it back in a different way i guess... but yea happy thanksgiving... lol
Old 11-23-2006, 10:13 PM
Sleeper01

best reply in this thread. AMEN to that. I'd give up my Z today if I could see my mother one more time.
i agree best reply in the thread also.....im greatful my mom is still here.....just be greatful kid
Old 11-23-2006, 10:23 PM
Azn_Empurio

id give up my Z to see my dad one more time too
**** the pain
edit: happy thanks giving and have a safe one guys
Old 11-23-2006, 10:32 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Anthony, don't give up on the peps on this board. All credit to anyone of any age that has the get up and go do well. Maybe this thread has gone a bit warped. I personally think that the OP is a smart young guy who's got life pretty figured. Yeah those of us that have worked for stuff even with well off parents, appreciate it, that's not to say at all that someone who has been lucky enough to have an awesome start doesn't appreciate it.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:23 AM
The Mr Guinness

I wish there are more parents like your parents.

+1. I think once you do get the car that you truly want my working your *** off, you will truly appreciate it. Trust me when I say that you weren't the first and you surely won't be the last and it makes me sick to see 18 year olds driving bmw's and such.

I have a buddy that works at a ford dealership. He once told me off a girl throwing a hissie fit because the dealership didn't have the yellow GT mustang, they had every other color but not the yellow and she ranted for a half an hour at her parents that she didn't want a red one, she wanted a yellow one.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:47 AM
TurboTrey

Please remember that this is all relative to your parents, their income, and their beliefs. My parents could have afforeded to buy me a Z at 16 but they don't believe in spending that kind of money on a car for a kid, especially when they only drive new Camry's. To flip it, one of my friends in college drove a brand new BMW M5. His parents could easily afford that considering they owned a few banks and had more money than they could have their great great grandkids spend. The M5 was nice but it looked like crap next to his dad's Ferrari.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:00 PM
181 BluZ

Originally Posted by BRONZEE
Hey Anthony, don't give up on the peps on this board. All credit to anyone of any age that has the get up and go do well. Maybe this thread has gone a bit warped. I personally think that the OP is a smart young guy who's got life pretty figured. Yeah those of us that have worked for stuff even with well off parents, appreciate it, that's not to say at all that someone who has been lucky enough to have an awesome start doesn't appreciate it.
I agree completely... I, being 16, don't get much respect as a Z owner. I work hard to pay monthly payments just like everyone else. But in the eyes of everyone, they have this look. A look like "you a spoiled brat". Getting respect from "older" (21+) people is hard for someone my age.

Happy belated Thanksgivings.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:22 PM
TotalChaos

Originally Posted by monokuroboo
...get a decent gpa, an SAT score over 2300...
Isnt a perfect score 1600?
Old 11-24-2006, 02:18 PM
monokuroboo
CHRIS (350) FTL

Originally Posted by TotalChaos
Isnt a perfect score 1600?
thats the old SAT. The new one that was released in March 2005 (I think...) also includes an essay section that is also graded out of 800 in addition to the math and verbal sections that were previously there.
=]
800+800+800=2400
Old 11-24-2006, 03:21 PM
Anthony C

Originally Posted by 181 BluZ
I agree completely... I, being 16, don't get much respect as a Z owner. I work hard to pay monthly payments just like everyone else. But in the eyes of everyone, they have this look. A look like "you a spoiled brat". Getting respect from "older" (21+) people is hard for someone my age.

Happy belated Thanksgivings.

im 21 and drive a roadster. i give respect where respect is due. for those who are younger and own a Z and dont "show off" and rub it in ppl's faces ill pass a smile to and respect them but if theyre a brat about it then in my mind they dont deserve to have a nice car since they take it for granted ...

BTW congrats on owning a Z @ 16.... i had a 91 4 cyl mustang at 16 haha...

my friend bought a c5 Z06 back when he was 19 with no ones help. and now @ 21 he has the vette and some '06 Suzuki SUV as a daily driver...
Old 12-03-2006, 09:49 PM
Zp3rformance

I read all the posts here for about the last 30 minutes and felt I should post too.

I am currently 16 and turning 17 in 9 more days. I paid for my first car all by myself (1997 Eagle Talon Tsi...$5,700) and that was HARD EARNED money from getting up at 4:00 in the morning 2 summers straight every day to walk the same 18 holes at River Forest Country Club golf course in Elmhurts right around here in the Chicago land area. I got another job, at IKEA after getting tired of caddying, and built up my Talon REAL nice (which is for sale now BTW...) to a 340HP fire breathing beast. I started saving after I was happy with how the talon was running (when it was running lol), because I wanted something different.

Two Fridays ago I put my $2,000 down payment on my 2003 Daytona Blue Performance model 350z, and I am making a $350 monthly payment which I work my *** off to pay and have extra left to spend on my girlfriend and family.

Point is...I was in the same position as you. I wanted a Z like all hell when I was just starting to drive, but I knew it wasn't reasonable at the time. So I got another fast car that I liked and was affordable. Now I have been driving accident free for a year (knock on wood) and saved up enough to buy a 350z ON MY OWN.

Let me tell you from experience it is the best feeling in the world to look at something that you worked for and that you can truly call YOURS. I respect my 350z with all the respect I can show.

Think about it though. You will have a Z...and the time you wait to get it will flash before your eyes. Just work hard and know that every hour you're on the clock is one closer to your dream car.

-Alex
Old 12-04-2006, 07:25 AM
kmag52

Originally Posted by Zp3rformance
I read all the posts here for about the last 30 minutes and felt I should post too.

I am currently 16 and turning 17 in 9 more days. I paid for my first car all by myself (1997 Eagle Talon Tsi...$5,700) and that was HARD EARNED money from getting up at 4:00 in the morning 2 summers straight every day to walk the same 18 holes at River Forest Country Club golf course in Elmhurts right around here in the Chicago land area. I got another job, at IKEA after getting tired of caddying, and built up my Talon REAL nice (which is for sale now BTW...) to a 340HP fire breathing beast. I started saving after I was happy with how the talon was running (when it was running lol), because I wanted something different.

Two Fridays ago I put my $2,000 down payment on my 2003 Daytona Blue Performance model 350z, and I am making a $350 monthly payment which I work my *** off to pay and have extra left to spend on my girlfriend and family.

Point is...I was in the same position as you. I wanted a Z like all hell when I was just starting to drive, but I knew it wasn't reasonable at the time. So I got another fast car that I liked and was affordable. Now I have been driving accident free for a year (knock on wood) and saved up enough to buy a 350z ON MY OWN.

Let me tell you from experience it is the best feeling in the world to look at something that you worked for and that you can truly call YOURS. I respect my 350z with all the respect I can show.

Think about it though. You will have a Z...and the time you wait to get it will flash before your eyes. Just work hard and know that every hour you're on the clock is one closer to your dream car.

-Alex
Alex....you got a good head on your shoulders...keep thinking that way and you will respect everything much more in your life then if it is handed to you. I am 52 years old and just bought my first Z and yes I own other cars too but it takes hard work and dedication to get what you want at times..you seem to have that quality....good luck to you.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:02 AM
dkorr

Originally Posted by ZantiZipationZ
My parents just finally told me that I was not going to get a Z when I was 17 nor 18. They said they couldn't afford a $30,000 automobile any time soon, and wished that I would find something else. All I could do was say yes ma'am and yes sir and walk out of the room with a mellow sad smile. I don't know what I'm going to do. I will never be able to save enough money by the time I'm 18. I guess I'll just have to keep trying though. My dreams are officially crushed. Maybe I can do it though, I mean you never know...
good grades = good college = good paying job = your choice of cars

when i was 18 i owned a $2,900 RX7. realized it would take me forever to save the other $27,000 so i just studied harder and the rest is history.

Quick Reply: Z DreamZ Crushed