Z DreamZ Crushed

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 10:53 PM
monokuroboo
CHRIS (350) FTL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

=/
you could always do what I did?
I told my mom that if I worked my *** off (I'm 16 now) in school, get a decent gpa, an SAT score over 2300, got into a reputable college (ucsd, ucla or a good small liberal arts college), then I'd ask for a down payment from her and my dad for my graduation present. (like 3k from each) and get a used 03~04 z thats around 20k and I pay the payments, insurance, gas, whatever.
she agreed, so that's what I'm planning to do~
no way my parents would ever buy me a Z out of their own money, definitely not a new one.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:06 PM
Sea Bass

Originally Posted by NewJerZ
+1 ON THAT!! Seems like teens expect parents to hand them over the keys to a $30K car after they pass the driving exam and get their license.

Maybe I'm old school, as I'm 40 now, but I didn't have a car in high school OR college. I went to college near NYC, so...for 4 years, I was using the buses and subways to get from college to travel locally or go to hang out in NYC and NJ Transit or Amtrak to go home on holidays to Philly.

When I DID graduate college in 1987, My extremely thrifty parents (WHO promised me a new car) got me a lovely red 1980 Datsun B-210 hatchback w/super long throw 5-speed manual. OH JOY!!

I'm NOT biatchin'...just stating the facts..

I had to wait until I had a damn job before I could buy my own first sportscar!

Why do kids nowadays expect expensive handouts from their parents??
I couldn't have worded this better myself. Bravo.

Originally Posted by ZantiZipationZ
You guys give some really good advice. I'm never going to push my parents to do something they can't. It would be very selfish of me. My mom and dad work for every penny, and I really do think that they should not have to spend all of that on me. They deserve all of the money they make, and I deserve only what they want to give. I completely understand this. When your my age, you have to put yourself into your parent's mindframe to understand the choices they make. I love my mom and dad for everything they do for me, and I appreciate everything they have ever given me. I make straight A's in school and I try my hardest to give them every ounce of my respect, and gratitude. This is only a small part of my appreciation. I do anything to make my parents proud and to make my future successful. Again, I love my parents and I understand every decision they make. I can never say they have done nothing for me. They pay the bills, they feed me, and they put clothes on my back. If they stopped giving to me today, they would have given enough to me my whole life to reconcile. Anyways, I appreciate the opinions and advice. Nice to meet you all. <<<ZantiZipationZ
And this just makes me smile. Good to know there are still some respectful, level-headed teens out there not expecting a handout from their hard-working parents. Good for you. You'll do them proud, I'm sure.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:59 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nitrouz
I wish there are more parents like your parents.
totally agree with you
Old 11-23-2006, 05:05 AM
andos350z

My parents just finally told me that I was not going to get a Z when I was 17 nor 18. They said they couldn't afford a $30,000 automobile any time soon, and wished that I would find something else. All I could do was say yes ma'am and yes sir and walk out of the room with a mellow sad smile. I don't know what I'm going to do. I will never be able to save enough money by the time I'm 18. I guess I'll just have to keep trying though. My dreams are officially crushed. Maybe I can do it though, I mean you never know...
My first car was a 91 300z i had it when i was 18 and in high school, i decided to get drunk and have a party october 30 1998, i ended up hitting a tree at 90mph and broke both of my legs along with other things,luckily i lived and now have an 03 z. just wait till you get older before you wind up like i was.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:05 AM
Devil Z

BS. You can save up enough cash, ask your parents just for a little bit of help, and pay off the rest.

What do you think I did? Start working when I was 14 or 15 (can't remember), went through about 20 different jobs, and viola I have a Z and I am 18.

Just remember - hard work pays off in the end.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:45 AM
joekool

My parents just finally told me that I was not going to get a Z when I was 17 nor 18. They said they couldn't afford a $30,000 automobile any time soon, and wished that I would find something else. All I could do was say yes ma'am and yes sir and walk out of the room with a mellow sad smile. I don't know what I'm going to do. I will never be able to save enough money by the time I'm 18. I guess I'll just have to keep trying though. My dreams are officially crushed. Maybe I can do it though, I mean you never know...
you say yes man and yes sir to your parents?? wtf man... kid your only 17, damn there should me more parents like yours... 17 and getting a zed? what a spoilt brat you would have been. get over it child.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:05 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joekool
you say yes man and yes sir to your parents?? wtf man... kid your only 17, damn there should me more parents like yours... 17 and getting a zed? what a spoilt brat you would have been. get over it child.

nothing wrong with showing respect to your parents by saying that. now go take a chill pill
Old 11-23-2006, 06:19 AM
dejavu1096

you're not the only teenager that didn't got a z . my parents bought me a 05 corolla instead.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:31 AM
Anthony C

FINANCE.............

my first car was a 4cly 91 mustang AUTO at age 16... then i moved onto a 1st gen turbo AWD eclipse GSX at age 17... put about 12 grand into the car ..

sold it for 4 grand when i was like 19 and used that 4 grand to finance a 2004 5spd WRX... now less then a month ago at age of 21 i traded in the WRX for 17.5 and got my Z roadster.... im paying like 477 a month but hey... its worth it in my eyes...

'91 4cyl Mustang < '92 1st gen Eclipse GSX < '04 WRX < '04 350z Roadster

thats my car collection since i was 16 and im only 21 now... work hard to play hard
Old 11-23-2006, 09:29 AM
kylekyle350z

hehe when I was 17years old, I was working 2 jobs because I knew i wanted a Z.
I saved up ALL of my money and Bought a Z. (payed if off too ) just work hard for it........
Old 11-23-2006, 01:08 PM
Devil Z

Originally Posted by kylekyle350z
I saved up ALL of my money and Bought a Z. (payed if off too ) just work hard for it........
Right on bro!!! I was also working 2-3 jobs and saving up every penny!!!

Peace
Old 11-23-2006, 01:27 PM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Have you burned down the house yet?
Old 11-23-2006, 01:37 PM
Sleeper01

Originally Posted by kylekyle350z
Damn man lucky u lol....im still paying for my Z =/.....but hey its all worth it

look ZantiZipationZ its better if u work for ur car...i was given a 05 Honda Accord my mother gave me a choice on what i wanted s2000 soo on i choose the accord stupid choice cause of ex g/f...well long story short i crashed it avoiding my friend on the highway...then i brought the Z my mom offer to pay for it for me...i turned it down saying i want this to be my car...when u work for something and pay it off urself it feels better
Old 11-23-2006, 01:39 PM
Xx SiFaKa

Originally Posted by jdm_Z33
haha, im happy they didn't get you the car. I can't stand seeing punk 17,18 year olds driving our cars. You youngsta's need to stick with your civics. You'd just wreck doing something stupid anyways. Suck to be you.
1. You're a douche!
2. Who says every 17/18 year olds are "Ganstas"?
3. Not all yong drivers are bad drivers.

Get a life and stop hating people who are young. You were once 17/18 Y/O. **** I hate people who talk like you.

To the OP, I agree with every one else. Get a job and try and save for your own car and it will earn respect from your parents and you will appreciate your own hard work more.

If it turns out later in the future your parents can get you a used Z then that will also be good, either way you should appreciate having a car because some people aren't as fortunate to even get a bike for there 16th B-Day.

Thank your parents for the offer and take what I'm sure they will love to give you. Just shop around for more less expensive cars and I'm sure you will find a new car that will replace the Z.

Good luck man, hope things work out for you.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:29 PM
Anthony C

whoever *****es about some kid gettin a car from his parents is plain out jelous.....

i was never privldiged enough for my parents to buy me my own expensive car let alone any car...

BUT let me tell you guys something. I as well as YOU would not pass up the oppritunity for a free car that looks good so shut up with the hypocrecy. you know you wouldnt say no if you had the chance ... but there is two ways to handle it. be thankful for that privlidge and not act like a brat or act like a brat. either way your still being spoiled which is fine as long as you respect it..

there is NOTHING wrong with parents giving their kids something they want and can afford to give them... its the underprivledged kids who got NOTHING that are the jealous ones and hate on those who got what they cant have .... or had to work for... yea working for something feels so much sweeter as it brings a sense of pride in BUT every one.... EVERYONE likes handouts....

i worked for all my cars, video games, cameras and expensive toys but if my parents ever threw me a free bee i would say "no... everyone will make fun of me and say im sponsored by mommy and daddy"
Old 11-23-2006, 02:40 PM
chickensoop

ORRRRR.. get a FULL RIDE to college.. easier to get a car that way. I got a full ride to various schools, and I attend UM currently, and my parents bought me a 330ci, I traded it in the next summer for a g35 coupe cause the bimmer was "ugly" in my taste. Woulda gone with the 350z, but the rear seats were a must. Mods and stuff are all on my own :P
Old 11-23-2006, 02:57 PM
hardrock905

A beginning driver shouldn't have a nice car of any kind. While you are still learning to drive well, the best car is a beater so a few more dings, dents or scratches are no big deal.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:01 PM
hardrock905

Originally Posted by Anthony C
there is NOTHING wrong with parents giving their kids something they want and can afford to give them... its the underprivledged kids who got NOTHING that are the jealous ones and hate on those who got what they cant have .... or had to work for... yea working for something feels so much sweeter as it brings a sense of pride in BUT every one.... EVERYONE likes handouts....
Speak for yourself. Personally I prefer to earn what I have thanks. When I was just starting out on my own, my parents offered me money to help me along. Guess what. I refused it and struggled along by myself. I realize that this is a concept the the majority of the youth today cannot comprehend, but just because you like handouts Anthony, don't try tp speak for everyone. OK?
Old 11-23-2006, 03:35 PM
Anthony C

Originally Posted by hardrock905
Speak for yourself. Personally I prefer to earn what I have thanks. When I was just starting out on my own, my parents offered me money to help me along. Guess what. I refused it and struggled along by myself. I realize that this is a concept the the majority of the youth today cannot comprehend, but just because you like handouts Anthony, don't try tp speak for everyone. OK?

would you ever like to have your z sponsored? would that be a goal to you. cause most ppl strive to be sponsored.. and GUESS WHAT . ppl with sponsorships get sponsorships cause its free handouts. like tires , clutches and so on... if you were offered a free TT kit from GReddy or a supercharger from vortech for 100% free, would you say no bc you would rather spend $6,000 out of your own pocket just so you can be "proud" of yourself? c'mon guy your lieing to yourself.... EVERYONES wants free handouts. ppl dont work 60+ hours a week for a nice car because they want to. they do so because they have to inorder to have what they want... your all liars if you say you dont want anything for free . again, key point is sponsors. drifters want to be sponsered by falken lets say so they dont have to pay for tires each time... mmkay?

but go on and pay for whatever you want and then spit in those of the faces who can get things without paying. Yea i pay for my own things but not cause i want to but because i have to. i have to work hard to play hard but who says im wrong for wanthing something haded to me once in a blue moon???

Last edited by Anthony C; 11-23-2006 at 03:37 PM.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:42 PM
hardrock905

Originally Posted by Anthony C
would you ever like to have your z sponsored? would that be a goal to you. cause most ppl strive to be sponsored.. and GUESS WHAT . ppl with sponsorships get sponsorships cause its free handouts. like tires , clutches and so on... if you were offered a free TT kit from GReddy or a supercharger from vortech for 100% free, would you say no bc you would rather spend $6,000 out of your own pocket just so you can be "proud" of yourself? c'mon guy your lieing to yourself.... EVERYONES wants free handouts. ppl dont work 60+ hours a week for a nice car because they want to. they do so because they have to inorder to have what they want... your all liars if you say you dont want anything for free . again, key point is sponsors. drifters want to be sponsered by falken lets say so they dont have to pay for tires each time... mmkay?

but go on and pay for whatever you want and then spit in those of the faces who can get things without paying. Yea i pay for my own things but not cause i want to but because i have to. i have to work hard to play hard but who says im wrong for wanthing something haded to me once in a blue moon???
What do sponsorships have to do with expecting your parents to purchase you a brand new Z just because you want one?mmmmmmmmmkay?
I really don't recall spitting in anyones faces either.
Anger issues?
Perhaps if your parents hadn't spoiled you, your attitude would seem more "adult" now?
mmmmmmmmkay?
mkay

Last edited by hardrock905; 11-23-2006 at 03:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Z DreamZ Crushed