2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z DreamZ Crushed

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 09:11 AM
md350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Things like that shouldn't be given to you by your parents. I'm 19 I just bought my Z entirely myself. I work my *** off to get what I want and I'm proud of that.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:35 AM
lemansz20
Banned

I got a pathfinder brand new when I was in highschool and my parents paid for THE WHOLE THING. My parents are pretty well off you guys are just haters. Im 21 right now and didnt turn out any different. I BOUGHT my wrx myself and i BOUGHT my 350z myself and im only 21. So plz all you old people are just assuming that your lives are the same as everyone elses, and dont deserve anything. w/e I hate these threads of "your 18 and shouldnt drive a car nicer then me b/c im 40"
Old 12-04-2006, 09:51 AM
bhendjol
achoooooo

I wish I had a Dad.
Nothing in life is easy for me.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:02 AM
Resolute

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL, holy crap this is funny. I haven't bothered to read the eight pages or so of responses, but the first post really made me laugh. "I had to say yes sir and walk out with a mellow sad smile on my face" Oh man, that's priceless. Good drama, it just really brings a tear to my eye.. LOL. OP- you're dreams of owning a Z are crushed, because your parents won't buy you one? Are you serious? I hope all of your dreams don't hinge on the size of your parents checkbook or willingness to get them for you. You don't deserve such a gift. For what reason do they owe you? There's no reason to be upset, you haven't lost anything. If you want to own a Z, then work at securing the funds to buy a Z. I might be a hater, but I fail to see the severity of this decision that you imply with your words. "... a sad mellow smile" LOL, that's top notch.
Will
Old 12-04-2006, 10:26 AM
Nero

its ok buddy D: im 16 with a Z >D forget all these old farts posting ^^
Old 12-04-2006, 10:28 AM
_Donovan_

I have a nice Z for sale, for a lot less than $30k. And it looks pretty damn good. Maybe they will buy it off me so I can get a newer one.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:31 AM
BingPWR

Hehe I wish I had a Z =P But I'm happy with my slow sentra
Old 12-04-2006, 11:00 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lemansz20
I got a pathfinder brand new when I was in highschool and my parents paid for THE WHOLE THING. My parents are pretty well off you guys are just haters. Im 21 right now and didnt turn out any different. I BOUGHT my wrx myself and i BOUGHT my 350z myself and im only 21. So plz all you old people are just assuming that your lives are the same as everyone elses, and dont deserve anything. w/e I hate these threads of "your 18 and shouldnt drive a car nicer then me b/c im 40"
We're just haters?
First- you should consider yourself very lucky, VERY LUCKY, to have parents who are in a position to help you to have more in life then your average teenager.
Second- I surely doubt you paid for 2 rides "myself", if your parents are as well off as you say. Your money probably trickled down hill. I know 'cus I grew up with rich friends who all said "i paid for it myself". Ya right... (esp with your mods listed)
(if I am wrong and you worked 3 jobs round the clock on your free time for 4 years just to purchase 2 rides which are in the $50k range each here in canada, then you have my sincerest apologies.)

You will understand why we ("old/er people") say what we do when you have matured.

Cheers,

R350z
Old 12-04-2006, 11:14 AM
redman333

I'm not very old(22) but have grown up with alot of friends that had welthy parents. I agree with reality350 they would all say the same thing, "I paid for it myself" When they worked for their parents making $50 an hour at age 16, while paying for nothing else. My parents are welthy also and they made me actually work. I worked at radioshack all through highschool and drove a $3000 chevy s10. When I got out of hight school I joined the Marine corps, and only after deployments could I afford a Z. Now, there is so much more appreciation for the car than if I had just asked for it and got it. But don't get me wrong it would be nice, but not the end of the world.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:00 PM
S-tuned

hey bro I was you when I was your age, guess what..... im 19 and getting the Z this year
Old 12-04-2006, 08:48 PM
ZSpectrum

I'm 17, and can deffinitly agree that a 350z would be too much car for a new driver. To the op, that sux and i hope it all works out for you man, keep your head up. Before you all decide to disregard me as some spoiled brat, realize i do work, i worked 2 jobs over the summer, and now work one. I worked at some sandwhich shop, and at a paintball field. Anything that has ever gone into any of my cars has been purchased by me installed by me and worked on by me. It really irritates me that the older crowd on this forum is so closed minded when it comes to the younger crowd and how unworthy they are to be owning such a nice car.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:49 PM
AlexBG

im 19 and i do drive a 03 SS 350z Touring.
i worked my *** off for it tho.

I was rocking a mustang for a while.....

i'd agree with everyone else.. if i didnt have the choice of getting a 350z
i'd deff go with a 240
Old 12-04-2006, 09:05 PM
Abishop

I had a B16 CRX that i built for less then $2000. It was fun to drive and almost as fast as my Z!
Old 12-04-2006, 09:08 PM
frenzy757

meh, i dont think theres really anything wrong with parents buying cars for thier kids as long as the kids arent spoiled about it. As for people who bought it themselves, thats good too, its not bad, but i mean dont look down on someone who got it bought for em. Some people are just luckier than others, doesnt mean that you are any better or worse than they are. If I won the lottery, id buy all my friends cars, if you got the money i say use it to within reason.

There is a diff to kids who get something bought for em, theres another to the kids who demend a new car (which I have seen before).

btw im 20, and my parents bought me a Z. I didnt even ask them for it and demanded tehy return it since i didnt think we could afford that. They got a good deal and they "claim" they didnt want me driving my 86 conquest to school. Dads a mechanic at our shop and didnt want it breaking down up here. I was goign to surprize my mom for mothers day by comming home cause she was sick. My dad picks me up and im walking around my dorm and im like wheres the quest? ( I was looking so forward to driving it since they didnt allow first years cars). And he tosses me a set of Nissan keys, so im like ok he really didnt test drive a car all teh way up here. We walk to the back and theres a ****ing 350z im like "**** how the hell are we going to pay for this" haha Soooo they got me one since they knew the Z was my fav. But in no way did i ask for it. My plans was to get out of college, work for a few years and mod my conquest, then buy a Z eventually. I always tell them they can sell it if they need to. My dad drives a 90 montero and my mom drives a used 98 bmw. So i woudlnt say we are dirt poor, but middle class. I tell you what tho, i really do appreciate my Z, and take very good care of it, just like i did my ol conquest (which still holds a special place in my heart...and a parking spot back home haha).

Just saying not every kid who has a nice car is spoiled and takes it for granted. I intend to return the favor to my dad and more once i graduate and get a real job. Dont look down on the people untill you know thier entire story. Btw I am at UVA and there are kids who have more rediculous things than a 26k car.

Actually eventho i put my opinion out, i still think the thread starter shouldnt complain. I wouldnt complain if i didnt get a car. Thats the kind of kid im talking about that i dont like. To those whose parents are not around, I do feel sympathy. My parents are both alive and well, but i would def give up my car and alot more for em easy.

Last edited by frenzy757; 12-04-2006 at 09:14 PM.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:13 PM
AlexBG

Originally Posted by frenzy757
meh, i dont think theres really anything wrong with parents buying cars for thier kids as long as the kids arent spoiled about it. As for people who bought it themselves, thats good too, its not bad, but i mean dont look down on someone who got it bought for em. Some people are just luckier than others, doesnt mean that you are any better or worse than they are. If I won the lottery, id buy all my friends cars, if you got the money i say use it to within reason.

There is a diff to kids who get something bought for em, theres another to the kids who demend a new car (which I have seen before).

btw im 20, and my parents bought me a Z. I didnt even ask them for it and demanded tehy return it since i didnt think we could afford that. They got a good deal and they "claim" they didnt want me driving my 86 conquest to school. Dads a mechanic at our shop and didnt want it breaking down up here. I was goign to surprize my mom for mothers day by comming home cause she was sick. My dad picks me up and im walking around my dorm and im like wheres the quest? ( I was looking so forward to driving it since they didnt allow first years cars). And he tosses me a set of Nissan keys, so im like ok he really didnt test drive a car all teh way up here. We walk to the back and theres a ****ing 350z im like "**** how the hell are we going to pay for this" haha Soooo they got me one since they knew the Z was my fav. But in no way did i ask for it. My plans was to get out of college, work for a few years and mod my conquest, then buy a Z eventually. I always tell them they can sell it if they need to. My dad drives a 90 montero and my mom drives a used 98 bmw. So i woudlnt say we are dirt poor, but middle class. I tell you what tho, i really do appreciate my Z, and take very good care of it, just like i did my ol conquest (which still holds a special place in my heart...and a parking spot back home haha).

Just saying not every kid who has a nice car is spoiled and takes it for granted. I intend to return the favor to my dad and more once i graduate and get a real job. Dont look down on the people untill you know thier entire story. Btw I am at UVA and there are kids who have more rediculous things than a 26k car.

very well put
Old 12-04-2006, 09:14 PM
GodSendsDeath

Its ok bud. Not the end of the world. Your parents love you and I am sure they would if they could. A 240sx and turbo it and show these Zs whats up huh.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:30 PM
ZSpectrum

Originally Posted by frenzy757

Actually eventho i put my opinion out, i still think the thread starter shouldnt complain. I wouldnt complain if i didnt get a car. Thats the kind of kid im talking about that i dont like. To those whose parents are not around, I do feel sympathy. My parents are both alive and well, but i would def give up my car and alot more for em easy.

thats what i was trying to say, thank you.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:04 PM
Anthony C

Originally Posted by Resolute
LOL, holy crap this is funny. I haven't bothered to read the eight pages or so of responses, but the first post really made me laugh. "I had to say yes sir and walk out with a mellow sad smile on my face" Oh man, that's priceless. Good drama, it just really brings a tear to my eye.. LOL. OP- you're dreams of owning a Z are crushed, because your parents won't buy you one? Are you serious? I hope all of your dreams don't hinge on the size of your parents checkbook or willingness to get them for you. You don't deserve such a gift. For what reason do they owe you? There's no reason to be upset, you haven't lost anything. If you want to own a Z, then work at securing the funds to buy a Z. I might be a hater, but I fail to see the severity of this decision that you imply with your words. "... a sad mellow smile" LOL, that's top notch.
Will

you sound like a parent who wouldnt give your child a pot to **** in simply cause you dont owe them anything... i guess for bringing them into this world they are forever indebted to the parent right?

damn i dont know about you but when i have children you better beleive they are gonna have every advantage i never had and are gonna be given nice things simply cause their a joy to my life and i OWE it to THEM for that... i guess thats just me though. when your ready i guess a child of your own is the greatest gift of all. given it goes as far as your wallet will allow. but generally its the thought that counts. if i want my kid in a brand new Z and i can afford it then you bet your *** i would want to see him in something nicer and safer then his friend 89 civic because his parents would rather pay for TiVo then get their kid a nice new safe car. doesnt have to be a Z but if your budget allows it why not give your kid something he'll love.

my parents wish they could have bought me a new car but i had to spend my own money on old cars at first. and they feared that i would break down late a night comming home from work somewhere on the side of the road. they wanted me in something newer and safer than my 1st gen DSM with no airbags that broke down religously. but i worked my *** off to go from a 92 eclipse to a 04 wrx to an 04 roadster with the only help from them is im under their insurance to save a few bucks so i can save up for a place of my own. BTW im only 21

i dont mean any disrespect to you or anyone else i just think your not being open minded about how things are now of days. yea a kid will tend to crash his first car or scrape it up but if you can afford to buy your kid something nice then you should be able to afford to repair it. and if they do crash atleast let it be in somehting new and safe compared to some old car with no airbags etc...
Old 12-04-2006, 11:18 PM
keosh

Im 18 and payed for my Z. Saved up around 10 grand thats about a year of work then went to the dealer, put down $10000.00 and bought my 350z and now im paying it off monthly.

Just dont be those stupid 18 year old kids and think there cool just cuz they drive a nice *** car and think they can hit 125 constant on the freeway trust its not worth it not all the time at least hehe
Old 12-05-2006, 08:02 AM
Destiny350Z

Originally Posted by ZantiZipationZ
My parents just finally told me that I was not going to get a Z when I was 17 nor 18. They said they couldn't afford a $30,000 automobile any time soon, and wished that I would find something else. All I could do was say yes ma'am and yes sir and walk out of the room with a mellow sad smile. I don't know what I'm going to do. I will never be able to save enough money by the time I'm 18. I guess I'll just have to keep trying though. My dreams are officially crushed. Maybe I can do it though, I mean you never know...
Don't be sad! Get a used one, oops I mean pre-owned, used sounds so dirty!

Quick Reply: Z DreamZ Crushed