Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

track or performance?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2002, 06:26 AM
jackson1628

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default track or performance?

the car is coming in Oct/Nov~ i am gonna have to make the final decision on which model to pruchase~
should i get the track or performance? do i really need the brembo? (i would like to know the difference between brembo & stock, feeling...etc.) i dun really care much about the rays wheels, the aero kit can be added later on.
or should i get the track and add a better sound system?
Old 07-11-2002, 06:59 AM
Sport Z Editor
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

If you'd read our review on www.sportzmagazine.com, you'd already have your answer. We have 3 paragraphs on brakes alone. As for your question about the track brakes...

"If you want that extra resistance to heat soak on the track, the Track car has 12.76” rotors with 4-piston Brembo calipers, but don’t expect any improvement in stopping power. From the driver’s seat you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference at all until the normal brakes have overheated."

Dave Bexfield
Editor, Sport Z Magazine
www.sportzmagazine.com
Old 07-11-2002, 07:01 AM
nizl

My understanding is you have different packages up in Canada, eh? Your "performance" comes with leather and Bose, eh? What's the all aboot??

Just teasing.

That's a tough decision up in .ca b/c the packages don't have the in-between steps that ours do. If you have the $$ and dig fabric seats, you may as well get the Track and do your own stereo, b/c Bose sucks. However, I doubt you'd get any advantage from the wheels, brakes, and aero kit anywhere but the, well, track.

If you're not an audiosnob like myself then I'd go w/ the Performance package. You get the stereo plus leather heated seats which is probably a bigger deal up there than down here in San Diego.
Old 07-11-2002, 08:38 AM
Zmeflyby

i would actually go with track if i had da money. i mean rayz and brembos? what could be better?
Old 07-11-2002, 09:00 AM
factorypolaris

Talking

Performance
Attached Images  
Old 07-11-2002, 09:27 AM
jackson1628

well, thanks for all the advices, i figure out that i don't really need the brembo & rays for daily driving, i am not going to track race w/ the z~ just for normal daily driving, so the leather seats, bose, 6cd & heated seats r better for me~ well, i was thinkin if i spend those $2000 cdn on the rays & brakes, why dun i spend the $2k in mod instead~ the aero kit... doesn't do much to the car anyway, i can always add the rear spoiler later~! one thing i really love about the performance is the Silverstone combine w/ the burnt orange leather seats~
Old 07-11-2002, 05:56 PM
ITZBITZ

I'm likely getting the performance model because then I can spend the $4500 on a SECOND set of track wheels/tires instead of getting just a single set of wheels from the factory.

Besides, if you consider that the stock wheels/tires on the car are likely a $1200 set of wheels and $800 worth of tires (or more), you are really paying a hell of a lot more for those Brembo's and Ray's wheels than $4500.
Old 07-11-2002, 06:37 PM
bobbyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Fellow Canuck
Your car will be here in October and you can still make changes?
So the fact that I have a production number from my dealer must be a good thing right? Like a September delivery maybe???
Old 07-11-2002, 09:37 PM
jackson1628

the z is coming in Oct/Nov, i can still make changes, duno why~ the dealer said so. Anyway, just got a call from a Ford dealer, they offer me a better deal w/ the 03 Cobra~ so tempting~ and i can get the car in Sept~ 390hp, brembo, ...etc.~
Old 07-12-2002, 05:19 AM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Default Re: track or performance?

Originally posted by jackson1628
the car is coming in Oct/Nov~ i am gonna have to make the final decision on which model to pruchase~
should i get the track or performance? do i really need the brembo? (i would like to know the difference between brembo & stock, feeling...etc.) i dun really care much about the rays wheels, the aero kit can be added later on.
or should i get the track and add a better sound system?
I find it interesting that in Canada, Nissan is only offering three packages, with Performance (my favorite) being the entry level one. Even more interesting is that the two "lesser" packages can only be equipped with leather seats, leaving the "Track Pack" the only option for cloth.

Makes me wish I could be a fly on the wall at those Nissan meetings where the determine the different packages to be offered in different countries.

Dammit, there's my Type A kicking in again. Now I have to go to www.nissan.co.uk, www.nissan.co.jp, www.nissan.co.au, etc, etc, etc.

And I thought I'd be getting some sleep tonight.

Can someone PLEASE give me a good answer to how Nissan's continuously variable valve timing works??? (I haven't slept in weeks trying to figure this one out!)