Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

CARBONLTD (JIM) scams another one of us

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 06:42 AM
drap660

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He would have just been honest with me like he started off everything would have been fine... But he had to lie and avoid me like if his customers ment nothing to him... I just hope you guys learn from my mistake by dealing with a irresponsible vendor that could obviously care less about his customers... And this is the second time in less than 3 moths that this has happened..
Old 02-20-2007, 06:46 AM
drap660

Originally Posted by Diesel350z
Not that I wouldnt be mad too, but there are two sides to a story and when someone starts freaking out is bad as you are it seems you are a customer that cannot be pleased. Just stating my opinion based on experience. Ive have also been waiting for over a month for my kit, 1 month is not along time to wait at all. Furthermore to my knowledge his Seibon products are drop shipped and not straight from his warehouse. He may have never seen your hood in person.

He is still responsible for what he is selling... And I am not hard to please
Old 02-20-2007, 06:51 AM
dbasal

Originally Posted by Gunmetal-Z
Sorry I don't have X-Ray vision . . . . . . .

And no, I don't see anything. Other than a big circle that you drew.
Actually, I can see what he is talking about and that certainly seems like unacceptable quality. As was mentioned before, probably just a bad batch.

Of all the things being said, let's keep in mind the customer service. That is the most important thing to most people beyond the quality of the product.

The OP has certainly given us a heads-up on the quality of product and customer service. This is something we should appreciate. Hopefully he will get this resolved.

Peronsally, I would return for a refund and be done with it. Seems to me more trouble than it is worth.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:00 AM
Theatrix
Professional

In all fairness to both parties, Yes I can see the problem with the hood, but sometimes its not what you say, rather how you say it.
I have also delt with Jim before and have had no complaints on how he handled his business. He delivered what I ordered and as he described it.

The bottom line should be, is the customer happy and are his expectations realistic. Low cost is a relative term here. $700. is still $700. in my book and a significant amount of money. One should expect to be satisfied with the quality from Seibon. But this puts Jim in the middle and unfortunatley as the vendor, Jim must respond.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:09 AM
drap660

I would be more than happy to return the hood for a full refund and buy a Cf hood from someone else
Old 02-20-2007, 07:12 AM
goranglobarevic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pm sent
Old 02-20-2007, 07:13 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its your fault for not opening the package and looking at it BEFORE taking delivery.

Jim didnt scam you, your just a tool with no sense.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:14 AM
03BrickyardZ

I also see the defect... It's nost noticable in the reflections...
Old 02-20-2007, 07:18 AM
philude

i think the problem here is in your pictures. they don't clearly show the defect you're speaking of, especially in such low light enviroments where it's hard to see reflections clearly. i think if you want the forum to back your accusation, you need pictures showing notable defects, it just looks small in the pictures and i can hardly see anything wrong.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:21 AM
drap660

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
its your fault for not opening the package and looking at it BEFORE taking delivery.

Hey, I never insulted you Jackass... No need for name calling... BAX global, the shipping company could not ship to my house because no one was there to sign for it so I had to pick it up from the airport myself and the shipping company would not even let you open the box till you sign for it...The package comes wrapped pretty well... Its not something you can just see as soon as you open it. You can see it once its installed...
Old 02-20-2007, 07:24 AM
dbasal

Originally Posted by drap660
Hey, I never insulted you Jackass... No need for name calling... BAX global, the shipping company could not ship to my house because no one was there to sign for it so I had to pick it up from the airport myself and the shipping company would not even let you open the box till you sign for it...The package comes wrapped pretty well... Its not something you can just see as soon as you open it. You can see it once its installed...
You are correct. It is not something you can check out before signing. Unless the package was obviously damaged, you would have to sign and then check later. Doesn't matter.

Poor quality = replacement or refund.
Poor Customer Service = no repeat business.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:28 AM
SweetDreamZ

drap...dude...you DO need to calm down a little bit...

I can understand your frustration...as i'm "that guy" who had the same thread a while ago. Jim ended up coming through for me, as I hope he does for you. However, I will warn you...that hood seems to be a typical one. This doesn't mean I think that it is acceptable. It just seems to be a typical Seibon hood. (at least the TS ones...the others seem to have less problems). I can see exactly what you are talking about...probably b/c i've had TWO now that have the same thing. I got the replacement hood...and it had another big dent, just like the first one. It was in a different spot, and not quite as bad. The spot that was bad on the first one...was rigid on this second one. That to me says it is of low quality. not just the nature of the hood. I told Jim about it immediately as well...but apparantly Seibon is pissed at me about the posts I put on here about their hoods. Long story short, I'm taking mine to the body shop today, asking if they can cut into the fiberglass underneath and reinforce the top CF w/ something underneath to make it smooth. If they can, I'm gonna suck it up and pay to get it looking right.

My advice to you:

1. Keep your cool a little more, people will tend to believe you a little more and not think you are just a hot-head snapping off
2. Keep pestering Jim...not ALL the time, but enough to keep in touch
3. If he works something out with you...do NOT order another CF hood, not the TS anyways...experience has proven to me...it will be wavy yet again. Go with the fiberglass version and paint it...i wish I would have.

Good Luck Man!
xNeo

Looks terrible I'll buy it off you for $300.00 shipped, come on its wavy!
dedmoonstears

Originally Posted by drap660
So your telling me you dont see this wavy dent

- i see clouds that look like 2 dogs doing the nasty
dbasal

On another note though, you may want to change the title to something like "Experience with CarbonLTD (Jim)". I think some people are getting offended by the word scam. It really is not a scam, just bad product and customer service.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:48 AM
Ghost 350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just cant believe about the service. He responds to me after about 20 min every time

+100 on taking the scam part out. You didnt get scammed
Old 02-20-2007, 07:51 AM
drap660

Here are some bigger pics so you guys can see the issues... I want you all to know that I tried to work this out with Jim for over a month now and have kept my cool but I have not recieved a resolution... Look what sweetdreamz had to do to get his issue resolved.... Jim has been ignoring me since last week, all my calls, all my emails, everything... What other choice do I have but to get on here and rant... I am not saying seibon is a POS or anything... Anybody has a bad batch or even if what sweetdreamz says is true about the TS hoods all being ruff, well then hey give me a different style Cf hood cause im not going to hang around with a dented wavy hood that I paid 700 dollars for...

Sorry for the big pics

Old 02-20-2007, 07:55 AM
drap660

Originally Posted by Diesel350z
I just cant believe about the service. He responds to me after about 20 min every time

+100 on taking the scam part out. You didnt get scammed

Same here... when I was buying the products and everything was going good he would answer his phone or respond immediately.. .But once the issue happenend he's been avoiding me... Have you had to return something to him or have any type of complaint??? Because like I said, as long as the transaction is smooth he's great but as soon as its his time to do something about a defective part, thats where it gets ugly... And I consider it getting scammed... Shiet, i paid 700 dollars for a hood that I wouldnt even put on for free with those wavy dents... I even have my stock hood back on...
Old 02-20-2007, 07:59 AM
Sean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z

did someone take over your account and post this? damn, over 10,000 more posts I won't be seeing again.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:17 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

In the bigger pictures you can see it a bit more, can you take a flashlight and shine it across the surface while taking a picture, that is the best way to point out flaws like that.

Quick Reply: CARBONLTD (JIM) scams another one of us