Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 10:42 AM
dbasal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
I think anyone that's read this thread should come away with:

CF Hood has dents/imperfections -- YES,
CarbonLTD (Jim) Scammer -- NO.
I certainly agree with that. I would further say that it seems there is a lot of risk buying Seibon products. There has to be someone other than the owner that can be contacted, but the OP should have been able to return the product to CarbonLTD and received a refund/replacement without having to contact the manufacturer. Then, at a later time, CarbonLTD could take the issue up with Seibon and at least the OP either has his money back or has a hood that is free of defects.

[Edit] Beaten to the post again.

Last edited by dbasal; 02-20-2007 at 10:44 AM.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:43 AM
HDPDZO6

Threads like these are funny as hell.

You have a member complaining about a product or service. Then the fanboys of the company come out of the woodwork and bash the OP. Insults get thrown from both sides. Fanboys claim there is nothing wrong with the hood (only an idiot would think that).

After many, many posts, the company will post some crap and the fanboys again come out, using the company's post as proof the OP was fos.

In the end, the company bows to the pressure and makes good on the initial deal. The fanboys again rejoice, claiming tat their favorite company is actually the best.

Funny thing is that with this company, this is the second instance within a couple months of crappy CS.

Since CarbonLTD admits the hood is defective, why does he not remedy the situation. Instead he places the blame on the manufacturer and acts as if he is helpless unless the maker warranties the item. That's bull****. CarbonLTD has a responsibility to make good on this sale and satisfy the customer. Quit wasting the OP's time and give him a refund. Feel free to tango with the hood manufacterer on your own time.

Obviously, CarbonLTD has not learned his lesson from the last time. He never took the advice from many posters in the last thread. It's as if it never happened.

CarbonLTD will never get any of my business.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:44 AM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by Ghost_shift
Ok guy. I guess Im the latest person to get a hood from CarbonLTD.

I can tell you the quality of the hood is amazing. The weave is PERFECT! His communication throughout the transaction was second to none. He told me everything that happened untill it arrived at my doorstep 5 min. ago.

I will stand by Jim and his company unconditionally.
Yes, because your hood was okay, the OP must be a liar.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:47 AM
drap660

Originally Posted by HDPD350Z
Threads like these are funny as hell.

You have a member complaining about a product or service. Then the fanboys of the company come out of the woodwork and bash the OP. Insults get thrown from both sides. Fanboys claim there is nothing wrong with the hood (only an idiot would think that).

After many, many posts, the company will post some crap and the fanboys again come out, using the company's post as proof the OP was fos.

In the end, the company bows to the pressure and makes good on the initial deal. The fanboys again rejoice, claiming tat their favorite company is actually the best.

Funny thing is that with this company, this is the second instance within a couple months of crappy CS.

Since CarbonLTD admits the hood is defective, why does he not remedy the situation. Instead he places the blame on the manufacturer and acts as if he is helpless unless the maker warranties the item. That's bull****. CarbonLTD has a responsibility to make good on this sale and satisfy the customer. Quit wasting the OP's time and give him a refund. Feel free to tango with the hood manufacterer on your own time.

Obviously, CarbonLTD has not learned his lesson from the last time. He never took the advice from many posters in the last thread. It's as if it never happened.

CarbonLTD will never get any of my business.
Thats exactly what should of happenend... Replace the defective hood, then Jim should have taken up the deffective hood with seibon... And thats why I am mad... he had a hood in stock and was selling it instead of sending it to me
Old 02-20-2007, 10:48 AM
AboostedG
Twin Spoolin

Now it's at the point in this thread of who cares. He's here talking to you now, you have a solution in process. Get your new hood and enjoy it!!

Yes it would be wise to have it inspected by Jim first before its sent out to you so no more time is wasted on anyone, especially the forum.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Ghost_shift

Originally Posted by drap660
Jim, the point is if you stand behind what you sell it is your problem not mine or seibon's... The hood is defective that is clear... It is also clear that you had one in stock... You should have sent me that hood and cleared this mess up and then taken up the damaged hood with seibon.... I dealt with you not seibon
On the package it says "Check contents BEFORE releasing the shipper". Did you do that????

Here are some pics of mine just now....

I opened it and checked it will the delivery guy here. If It would have been defective he would have taken it back, and I would have told Jim about it. Then it would have been resolved from there.

Last edited by Ghost_shift; 02-20-2007 at 10:54 AM.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:52 AM
AbsolutSpeedZ

Gosh, I want an OEM carbon fiber hood now for my SB Z!!
Old 02-20-2007, 10:54 AM
drap660

You obviously didnt read that I had to pick it up from the airport and this is not a defect you can really see like a crack or chip.... Who would know to check for waveyness... You can only really see it once its installed...And to tell you the truth, I dont think I would send the hood back without either getting a replacemnet or my money back because then I would be out of a hood and the 700 dollars....
Old 02-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Ghost 350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HDPD350Z
Yes, because your hood was okay, the OP must be a liar.

Must be I thought it looked fine in the first pics, but the second set clearly show that there is an issue. It looks to me like it is going to get resolved and im glad. It actually seems like Jim has been working on it the whole time.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:55 AM
drap660

So whats the final story Jim... When the hell will i be getting a new hood or refund... Supposedly they couldnt finish up the paperwork yesterday... Where they able to finish up the paperwork today... Must be some paperwork....
Old 02-20-2007, 10:57 AM
dbasal

You obviously didnt read that I had to pick it up from the airport and this is not a defect you can really see like a crack or chip.... Who would know to check for waveyness... You can only really see it once its installed...And to tell you the truth, I dont think I would send the hood back without either getting a replacemnet or my money back because then I would be out of a hood and the 700 dollars....
+1. The difference is defect due to manufacturing vs damage due to shipping. Obviously, the product left the docks with a defect and came to them defective. That little notice does not realease anybody from taking care of defective products.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:57 AM
Ghost 350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You obviously didnt read that I had to pick it up from the airport and this is not a defect you can really see like a crack or chip.... Who would know to check for waveyness... You can only really see it once its installed...And to tell you the truth, I dont think I would send the hood back without either getting a replacement or my money back because then I would be out of a hood and the 700 dollars....

You should of opened it and looked at it anyway. What if you got it all the way home and it was cracked in half? You would be blamed for it, not the carrier.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:59 AM
Ghost_shift

Originally Posted by dbasal
+1. The difference is defect due to manufacturing vs damage due to shipping. Obviously, the product left the docks with a defect and came to them defective. That little notice does not realease anybody from taking care of defective products.
Actually what it looks like is the carrier stacked another box on top of the hood box and caused the dent. Not a manufacture defect.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:00 AM
drap660

Originally Posted by Diesel350z
You should of opened it and looked at it anyway. What if you got it all the way home and it was cracked in half? You would be blamed for it, not the carrier.
Wow dude, you obviously dont read... i did check it for cracks and it wasnt... It was actually shipped in very good packing... This is obviously a defect from the mannufacturer
Old 02-20-2007, 11:02 AM
r0mey
350Z-holic

Ok you seem to be alil upset over nothing personal the cf hood looks fine 2 me. And please don't say I don't know what I'm talking about especially since we ordered our hoods at the same exact time same exact hood. Furthermore I've called jim several times he always picks up or calls back when I leave a message. Did you leave a message? Prolly not your prolly one of those kids to call 17 times in an hr and when you don't get a hold of some one between the hours of 12-2 (lunch hours of course) they automatically are avoiding you. Right ! None the less I don't know how this is a scam you've obviously talked 2 jim. A scam is someone takes you're money and you never hear from em again. So how about you try to put a reputable vendor down you walk a mile in their shoes. Especially when they don't have ts hoods cuz I need a new one too thanks to denville nissan. Now before you have so kinda of comeback why not talkin to jim calmly like a human without bein all pissy n cryin. He said he'll take of the problem he will. So what if u gotta wait not like its summer time its feb.

-drops mic
Old 02-20-2007, 11:03 AM
jtabraham

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well According to Seibon's Terms and Conditions, it appears that the OP did everything right. He discovered the defect and contacted the dealer (CarbonLTD). In turn it looks like the dealer should have authorized for the hood to be sent back and then to get a Return Authorization immediately after.

Was a Return Authorization number ever issued? According to these terms, it appears that this would have been accomplished shortly after the initial call to the dealer.

http://www.seiboncarbon.com/terms.asp

Returns
Special orders cannot be returned. If the buyer decides to return any part of the ordered item, he or she must contact the distributor who in turn can contact Seibon and receive a return authorization within three (3) days of receiving the parts. A Return Authorization number (RA number) will be issued to the buyer by Seibon, and it must be written on the outside of the packages being returned. Returned products must be received back at Seibon within 10 days of issuing the return authorization. There is no return for any parts that have been used, modified, painted, or installed. All returned products are subject to a 30% restocking fee, and shipping and handling fees are not refundable. All products which are approved for return are for store credit only. All products returned must be in the original shipping carton in the same condition as it was originally delivered or shipped. Only the original buyer may request for a return of products. Defective items may be exchanged for the same item only. Upon receipt of returned parts, Seibon shall inspect the parts to determine their exact condition. If Seibon does not accept the goods as being defective and/or returnable, buyer must accept any incurred costs. All returns, regardless of the underlying reason, must be sent shipping prepaid. Any returns sent shipping collect or without RA number will be refused and returned to the buyer at his or her own expense. Shipping costs to and from the purchaser are not refundable. Buyer is advised to insure the returned goods for their full value for his or her own protection. Otherwise, neither Seibon nor the shipping company would be responsible for any damage or loss in shipment. Refund will not be issued on returned products that are damaged on the way back to Seibon.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:04 AM
AbsolutSpeedZ

What sucked about when my lip came was you could see a huge indent on the box where something heavier was just stacked on the box, and what made matters worse was that no one was home, it required a signature, and DHL just left it on my front door
Old 02-20-2007, 11:10 AM
drap660

[QUOTE=r0mey]Ok you seem to be alil upset over nothing personal the cf hood looks fine 2 me. And please don't say I don't know what I'm talking about especially since we ordered our hoods at the same exact time same exact hood. Furthermore I've called jim several times he always picks up or calls back when I leave a message. Did you leave a message? Prolly not your prolly one of those kids to call 17 times in an hr and when you don't get a hold of some one between the hours of 12-2 (lunch hours of course) they automatically are avoiding you. Right ! None the less I don't know how this is a scam you've obviously talked 2 jim. A scam is someone takes you're money and you never hear from em again. So how about you try to put a reputable vendor down you walk a mile in their shoes. Especially when they don't have ts hoods cuz I need a new one too thanks to denville nissan. Now before you have so kinda of comeback why not talkin to jim calmly like a human without bein all pissy n cryin. He said he'll take of the problem he will. So what if u gotta wait not like its summer time its feb.

Another smart one... Do you have any idea how dumb you sound.....
This was on 2/14

Hey Daniel, I have set aside a TS hood already for you. I received 3 yeatrday. 1 for you, 1 for another member, and 1 for sale. Im still waiting to hear back from Shawn who said he would get back to me by the end of the week. I'll give him a call today to see if he's had a chance to look over our claim. I should know something by Friday at the latest.

Jim was selling a hood in the classifieds while my hood was still waiting to be warrantied..... Im not a kid... Im actually 27... reutable would have been to replace my defective hood and then deal with seibon... Now he says seibon is working on the paperwork... 2 days on paperwork for a 700 dollar hood... I have boughten 45k cars and done the paperwork in less than an hour... Give me a break
Old 02-20-2007, 11:12 AM
drap660

Originally Posted by jtabraham
Well According to Seibon's Terms and Conditions, it appears that the OP did everything right. He discovered the defect and contacted the dealer (CarbonLTD). In turn it looks like the dealer should have authorized for the hood to be sent back and then to get a Return Authorization immediately after.

Was a Return Authorization number ever issued? According to these terms, it appears that this would have been accomplished shortly after the initial call to the dealer.

http://www.seiboncarbon.com/terms.asp

Nothing was issued or done
Old 02-20-2007, 11:16 AM
dbasal

Originally Posted by AbsolutSpeedZ
What sucked about when my lip came was you could see a huge indent on the box where something heavier was just stacked on the box, and what made matters worse was that no one was home, it required a signature, and DHL just left it on my front door
Yes, it would have been very noticeable if the shipper damaged it.

I also agree with r0mey that the vendor is in a tough position too, but that does not give him a "Get out of Jail Free" card either.

Hopefully many here will come out of this thread with the same feeling as I have. It may be best to stay away from Seibon.

Quick Reply: CARBONLTD (JIM) scams another one of us