Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

CARBONLTD (JIM) scams another one of us

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 09:48 AM
bhk1004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the funny thing is, no one seems to be commenting on how Jim had another hood up for sale right after the OP sent the hood back. Shouldnt that hood have been in the OP's hands? i think it should have. Why would Jim lie that he had another hood for the OP then turn around and say he cant do anything till teh guy comes back from asia? As u can see from the OP's story, Jim is just burning time. if I was the OP i would just call my creditcard company and get my money refunded.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:49 AM
coolblue830

Well I'd have to agree here that the lack of good customer service definitely is a huge minus here. It's easy to say someone is a great vendor if they sold you something that you had no problems with and that was that. I'd definitely agree with another previous poster that the real test of a good vendor/business/salesperson is when the sh*t hits the fan and something goes wrong. That's when you will tell when the guy is standing up for you and trying to solve your problems, or just laying low hoping you'll go away so he can chase the next dollar.

One of the main rules of customer service is that even if you don't have an immediate answer or solution, you maintain communication so that the customer does not feel they are being ignored. Even a simple, "hey man sorry I'm working on a solution for you, but I don't have one yet, but I will keep you informed" would be a far better answer than a simple ignore and indeed many would patiently wait a lot longer hearing that than nothing at all.

There's a lot of emotion here, but and admittedly if it was me... $700, yea I'd figure I'd be pretty emotional as well after being ignored for a month. My advice tho would be to at least try to calm down a little bit more on the forums tho. Remember that the members here didn't rip you off, even if they disagree with you. Your fight isn't with them, and arguing with them isn't gonna solve your problem. You posted pics, descriptions, and your experience, now it's just up to the vendor to respond.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:49 AM
syk69

Originally Posted by Diesel350z
^^I dont know. Ive already talked to him once today
its probably because you don't have something waiting to be returned. it seems from the threads i have read. that jim's customer service when dealing with returning items isn't very good. the OP hasn't gotten a response in a month that is really unacceptable.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:50 AM
bhk1004

Originally Posted by Diesel350z
^^I dont know. Ive already talked to him once today
thats cause he doesnt owe you anything and probably doesnt have your money yet. j/p j/p I dont know jim or have i ever ordered anything from him. im just going by what the OP said.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:54 AM
oclor

IMO, "that's how CF hoods are" doesn't justify this. I don't know about the rest of you, but $700 is a lot of money. Did Jim say that the hood could possibly be imperfect, with huge dents like the one in the picture? I mean if I spent that much money I would expect whatever I'm getting to be perfect. If not, then that's the vendor's fault and he should do something about it.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:03 AM
bb319675

What I want to know is... What happened to that other thread involving a defective Seibon hood and Jim? Was it resolved or did it just get deleted like I thought it would.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:04 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

scammer? Im anything but a scammer. Im doing every possible to get your claim handled in a timely manner. I didn't receive any voicemails on my answering machine from you. How am I to know it's you who called? Why didn't you try to send me any PM's? I sent you two e-mails last night that you didn't respond to, explaining what was going on. I have talked to Seibon on a daily basis since trying to rush the issue. I offered to sell your hood on Ebay and pay any extra costs from the Ebay sale to the new hood (like we did with Austin's TS hood), but you didn't want to do that. I'm working on getting your hood warrantied and I'm sorry its taking so long. We are working on getting you the replacement hood, why else would I say I put your replacement hood aside? Please just be patient for another day or two and we will get the issue resolved.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:04 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by bb319675
What I want to know is... What happened to that other thread involving a defective Seibon hood and Jim? Was it resolved or did it just get deleted like I thought it would.
It was resolved. Austin was given a replacement hood.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:06 AM
Ghost 350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bhk1004
thats cause he doesnt owe you anything and probably doesnt have your money yet. j/p j/p I dont know jim or have i ever ordered anything from him. im just going by what the OP said.

lol...nope my money has been paid

I dont disagree with the OP, just that he should handle the situation a little differently. Calling him out IMO is fine. Just the way it was done is not
Old 02-20-2007, 10:07 AM
Ghost 350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CarbonLTD
scammer? Im anything but a scammer. Im doing every possible to get your claim handled in a timely manner. I didn't receive any voicemails on my answering machine from you. How am I to know it's you who called? Why didn't you try to send me any PM's? I sent you two e-mails last night that you didn't respond to, explaining what was going on. I have talked to Seibon on a daily basis since trying to rush the issue. I offered to sell your hood on Ebay and pay any extra costs from the Ebay sale to the new hood (like we did with Austin's TS hood), but you didn't want to do that. I'm working on getting your hood warrantied and I'm sorry its taking so long. We are working on getting you the replacement hood, why else would I say I put your replacement hood aside? Please just be patient for another day or two and we will get the issue resolved.

Now go check your PM lol
Old 02-20-2007, 10:14 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dbasal
Good point. There is one thing that you can do, but it will take a little while. I would file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. That has worked for me in the past even against my bank.

[Edit] ARGH! Dutchboy beat me to the punch on the bbb
haha ...
Old 02-20-2007, 10:16 AM
oclor

Well, there you have it. The OP was right in saying that the hood wasn't right, so all you guys who bashed him should be ashamed. He still shouldn't have called him a scammer though. Jim seems like a nice guy who's gonna take care of the issue.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:22 AM
AbsolutSpeedZ

oh no, he isnt a scammer, its just how long things take, especially since nothing is ever made in this country anymore
Old 02-20-2007, 10:24 AM
drap660

You cant be serious... I have been calling and emailing you and have not gotten any replies or calls back... Timely manner??? A month, when your sitting on a hood in stock that you could have replaced with mine already... Give me a break Jim... and you sent me 2 emails yesterday... Now thats funny... I am the network admin at my job and can see every email ever sent... There is nothing from postamster@carbonlimited.com... Please stop toying with me and send me a new hood or the refund... What was the update you supposedley left me, that your contact at seibon is in North Korea..... common.... Bottom line I should not be settling for anything but a new hood or a full refund.. i did nothing wrong and reported my issue in a timely manner...Plus you didnt offer to sell it on ebay, you told me to sell it like Austin did... As a matter of fact here are all our conversations... B

Initial email after phone conversation

WEEK 1

I can assure you it looks alot worse in person than it does in these pics and videos... You can call me with any questions at

Daniel Velez, MCSE
Systems Administrator

Daniel, the video isn't working yet but I forwarded them along to Seibon. I should know within a few days. Thanks again

Jim

WEEK 2
Anything on the hood?

Daniel Velez, MCSE
Systems Administrator

Hey Daniel, I'm just waiting for your contact at Seibon to get back from over seas. He'll be back on the first. Thanks for being so patient but we'll get you taken care of. Thanks !

Jim

No problem… Thanks for the help

Daniel Velez, MCSE
Systems Administrator

Hey daniel, Im still waiting for my contact to get back from overseas. I've shown the workers at Seibon the video and stuff. Everyone is out of TS hoods for another week or two so I wouldn't be able to get a replacement until then anyways. Dont worry I will take care of you one way or another. Thanks for being patient, I know this process sucks.

(this in when I saw he was selling one in the classifieds after he said there are none in stock)
Jim

WEEK 3

Sorry to be bothering you, just wanted to know what the status was. I know you said everyone is out of TS hoods anyways, but will I be receiving a new one? Maybe a credit? What step of the process are we on.

Daniel Velez, MCSE
Systems Administrator

Hey Daniel, I'll check again with Seibon today to see what the deal is. Would you like a replacment TS or credit towards another one? Im crossing my fingers in hopes Seibon will warranty it. If not, we have a few other options we can go with. For instance, if you remember Austin from my350z who had the same problem. He ended up selling his on Ebay for $550 shipped and actually ended up making money off the deal that way. I'll let you know what we figure out.

Jim

I don't want to have to sell it and ship it...plus, I would not feel comfortable selling this hood to anybody.... I would like a new hood (that's not defected) to replace this one... I would not understand why seibon would not warranty the hood.... I reported the issue as soon as I recieved it and it cleary has issues... They obviously had a bad batch go out... Please let me know what we can do

Daniel velez, MCSE
Systems administrator

WEEK 4

Jim, it has been more than 3 weeks since I reported this issue to you and I have not received any type of resolution… I thought you said you where going to take care of me… Im not trying to be a pain in the *** or anything but damn, I have a wavy/thin crappy hood that I cant do anything with and spent 675 dollars on it… It was actually a birthday gift to myself… I think I have been more than patient and understanding but pretty soon it will be a month and nothing… Please let me know what we can do..

Daniel Velez, MCSE
Systems Administrator

Hey Daniel, I have set aside a TS hood already for you. I received 3 yeatrday. 1 for you, 1 for another member, and 1 for sale. Im still waiting to hear back from Seibon who said they would get back to me by the end of the week. I'll give him a call today to see if he's had a chance to look over our claim. I should know something by Friday at the latest.

(Never heard from him)

Jim

What I don’t understand is why has this taken 3 weeks to get an answer for a question that could be answered in 2 minutes… Review the video, clearly see theres a big issue, Warranty the part which was reported as soon as it was received… Even if he’s out of town, Im pretty sure he has internet access… Problem solved, no hard feelings… You clearly stated that in that other issue with the guy at my350.com that he made it hard on himself by not reporting the issue in a timely fashion, but I have and still nothing… Now, I have to wait till Friday to see if Seibon will warranty my hood (which I don’t see how he could not) to then wait till next week for you to send it out, to then wait another week and a half to receive it… Basically 2 months after I report the issue… Please help me out Jim… It sucks to have waisted 675 dollars on a hood that is defective… Thanks for your time

Daniel Velez, MCSE
Systems Administrator

Daniel, my contact was in Asia for 3 weeks and did not have internet access or a landline where I could reach him. He didn't get back until Wednesday of last week and didn't return to the office until Friday. I have been down and out with the flu since Monday night. Like I said, I will call them today and press the issue.

Jim

LAST 3 ATTEMPTS

Well its Friday...LOL.. Please give me some good news

Daniel Velez, MCSE
Systems Administrator

Jim, I did not hear anything back from you on Friday... We are going on a month now since I reported the issue... I think I have been more than patient... Please contact me today

Daniel Velez, MCSE
Systems Administrator

Jim, I have been waiting for you to contact me since Friday... I have not received any info from you and you have not responded back to my last 3 emails... I thought you where going to help me out... I kept your name out of the forums and never even bashed you and this is how you are going to repay me? I had the wrong idea about you... And don’t give me the "I have been busy thing" because I have seen you posting on my350 today... So you have time to talk to new possible customers but not to a customer that received a defective part a month ago and nothing has been done.

Daniel Velez, MCSE
Systems Administrator

Last edited by drap660; 02-20-2007 at 10:28 AM.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:24 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think anyone that's read this thread should come away with:

CF Hood has dents/imperfections -- YES,
CarbonLTD (Jim) Scammer -- NO.

Last edited by dutchboy350Z; 02-20-2007 at 10:31 AM.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:27 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

I did send you two e-mails. I can forward them to anyone who would like. Here they are..

From: Add "Carbon Limited" <postmaster@carbonlimited.com> to contacts. "Carbon Limited" <postmaster@carbonlimited.com> Date:Monday, February 19, 2007 3:44 PM
To: <dvelez@avantegroup.com>
Subject: re: FW: Seibon TS carbon hood defects
Attachments: (none) HTML | Plain Text | Header | Raw Content
Hey Daniel, Seibon is finishing up the paper work as of this morning. Im not at the office right now (on my blackberry), but will be back shortly to give them a call. I will shoot you a e-mail or if you give me your number and I give you a call as soon as everything is finalized. We have your replacement sitting at our shop just waiting for the paperwork to clear.

Jim

From: Add "Carbon Limited" <postmaster@carbonlimited.com> to contacts. "Carbon Limited" <postmaster@carbonlimited.com> Date:Monday, February 19, 2007 5:41 PM
To: <dvelez@avantegroup.com>
Subject: re: FW: Seibon TS carbon hood defects
Attachments: (none) HTML | Plain Text | Header | Raw Content
Daniel, They didn't get a chance to finish the paper work but are in the process. It will only be another day or two before its resolved. Feel free to give me a call with any questions.

Jim

When you called, did you leave a voicemail? I could have been out of the office. I have no idea if you called if you dont leave a voicemail, I dont know your phone number.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:32 AM
drap660

Common Jim.... Ofcourse I left messages... So since last thursday you didnt get any of my emails or messages???? Like I said, Im done arguing with you, please just refund my hood or send me another... And if you are sending me another, please inspect it and make sure its not dented or wavy cause I dont want another issue
Old 02-20-2007, 10:34 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by drap660
Common Jim.... Ofcourse I left messages... So since last thursday you didnt get any of my emails or messages???? Like I said, Im done arguing with you, please just refund my hood or send me another... And if you are sending me another, please inspect it and make sure its not dented or wavy cause I dont want another issue
You NEVER left me ANY voicemails when you called. You called 17 times in 1 hour and no messages yestrday. I was at lunch for 1 hour, come back to see 17 missed calls from the same number, I didn't know who it was at the time, but do now. I did get your e-mails and responded to them yestrday, as posted above.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:35 AM
Ghost_shift

Ok guy. I guess Im the latest person to get a hood from CarbonLTD.

I can tell you the quality of the hood is amazing. The weave is PERFECT! His communication throughout the transaction was second to none. He told me everything that happened untill it arrived at my doorstep 5 min. ago.

I will stand by Jim and his company unconditionally.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:35 AM
drap660

Jim, the point is if you stand behind what you sell it is your problem not mine or seibon's... The hood is defective that is clear... It is also clear that you had one in stock... You should have sent me that hood and cleared this mess up and then taken up the damaged hood with seibon.... I dealt with you not seibon

Quick Reply: CARBONLTD (JIM) scams another one of us