Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

CARBONLTD (JIM) scams another one of us

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 09:02 AM
drap660

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
When someone describes themself as an "Engineer" they usually stipulate what type of "Engineer" they are or what they got their degree in.
I have a masters in computer engineering with a bachelors in mechanical... How would that help this thread in any way... A hood install is 4 screws and a latch... I think a teengaer in middle school could handle that
Old 02-20-2007, 09:05 AM
drap660

Originally Posted by Diesel350z
Im not defending what others have said, Im just telling you how I see it from over here. You have called him a theif, not reputable, and so on
Well if someone sells you something for 700 dollars and its a POS and you'd like to return it and all of a sudden he does not answer your calls or emails and starts avoiding you, what would you call that... A honest, reputable person... This is no different then some guy on ebay selling you something that ends up being a POS... But there you can enter a dispute and get your money back... Here Im stuck with a mangled hood and out of 700 dollars
Old 02-20-2007, 09:07 AM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by drap660
Well Im out 700 dollars and I dont know about you, but I am not gonna sit here and take it like a sissy... If Jims going to ignore me and refuse to take this ball of shiet hood back, Im gonna pound him till he does.
I wouldn't expect your threats to get very far with anyone. Goodluck.

unsubcribing...
Old 02-20-2007, 09:09 AM
Ghost_shift

Well Im out 700 dollars and I dont know about you, but I am not gonna sit here and take it like a sissy... If Jims going to ignore me and refuse to take this ball of shiet hood back, Im gonna pound him till he does.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:10 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a masters in computer engineering with a bachelors in mechanical... How would that help this thread in any way... A hood install is 4 screws and a latch... I think a teengaer in middle school could handle that
I just thought it was little odd that you just said "I'm an engineer". I make it a point to say I have my B.S. in Electrical Engineering if I'm describing what I do for a living.

Either way, like I added before I definitely can see the imperfections. If I were you I'd go the BBB.org route.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:11 AM
drap660

Originally Posted by 350Zenophile
I wouldn't expect your threats to get very far with anyone. Goodluck.

unsubcribing...

Its not a threat guy (some of you guys are beyond dumb)... i dont mean pound as in hit him, I mean bash him and let everyone know how he runs his business
Old 02-20-2007, 09:13 AM
Zexy

That's why you don't buy a CF hood. Stay with stock..
Old 02-20-2007, 09:15 AM
drap660

Originally Posted by Zexy
That's why you don't buy a CF hood. Stay with stock..
I have seen plenty of carbon hoods that look great.. This ones just a bad one..
Old 02-20-2007, 09:19 AM
dbasal

Unreasonable and immature??? I am warning people, just like sweatdreamz tried to do... Thats no low blo, its the truth... if I where a member looking for a Cf hood and I hear this story I would not buy from Jim duw to this... And this is the second time... I am actually doing everyone a favor... If you where in the market for a boat and a guy you know tells you that the customer service at a certain dealer is horrible and then another guy tells you the same, would you take your boat to that dealer... NO.. Thats what Im trying to do, just like when people complain about certain Nissan dealers... just giving my opinion and obviously others as well....

And I dont want a perfect hood Tay, just not one with a big *** wavy dent... And I want to be able to but from a company that will return my emails and phone calls when we have an issue... I have spent over 8k in my car and never had a problem with any of the parts or service.
Actually, you should settle for no less then a perfect hood. I believe product liability laws require that the person selling the product must tell you if there is an imperfection. No hood should ever dent or be wavy.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:21 AM
dbasal

Well if someone sells you something for 700 dollars and its a POS and you'd like to return it and all of a sudden he does not answer your calls or emails and starts avoiding you, what would you call that... A honest, reputable person... This is no different then some guy on ebay selling you something that ends up being a POS... But there you can enter a dispute and get your money back... Here Im stuck with a mangled hood and out of 700 dollars
Good point. There is one thing that you can do, but it will take a little while. I would file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. That has worked for me in the past even against my bank.

[Edit] ARGH! Dutchboy beat me to the punch on the bbb
Old 02-20-2007, 09:24 AM
deviljon

i'd have to agree with the op on this one. if jim has ignored him for a month while still posting stuff for sale, it seems pretty obvious there was no intent to fix things with the customer.

If I truly believed I had just lost $700, I'd call him out on the forums too. Desperate times call for desperate measures..
Old 02-20-2007, 09:26 AM
LAKERSFAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally appreciate you posting youre experience with this vendor. Obviously i dont know the whole story but if he is not returning your phone calls or emails after letting him know that you have a defective part, that's unacceptable. If i recall, you said that you spoke with him and he said he would make things good with you and now is ignoring you. I would be really upset as well. From what ive read, it seems as long as you dont have a defective part, he's a good guy to buy from. (He's not intentionally trying to rip anyone off) but as a consumer, i wouldnt buy from him due to the customer service that others have experienced on this forum.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:30 AM
ARMSTRONGARMS

I can see the dent, and understand you frustration, but i think there are better ways to word things I'm sure jim will take care of things just have faith. btw im sure by what has been said in here this will be lock'd. Maybe you should have left jim a message stating if he didnt respond back to you, then you'd start a thread showing another jacked hood???????good luck
Old 02-20-2007, 09:32 AM
Fleet Z

I think the guy has a legitimate beef. If I dished out several hundreds dollars for a hood, I would want the thing absolutely perfect. The hood in the picture is defective and he should get a replacement or his money back. Seibon was a pretty good reputation and I would advise him to contact Seibon directly with the issue.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:33 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

How many Times have you contacted Jim and how? Can you give use the Dates and Times? Can you also post the Messages your and Jim Excahnged?
Old 02-20-2007, 09:34 AM
dbasal

Originally Posted by Fleet Z
I think the guy has a legitimate beef. If I dished out several hundreds dollars for a hood, I would want the thing absolutely perfect. The hood in the picture is defective and he should get a replacement or his money back. Seibon was a pretty good reputation and I would advise him to contact Seibon directly with the issue.
True. The last thing they want is their name being dragged through the mud because of poor customer service by a distributor.

Last edited by dbasal; 02-20-2007 at 09:37 AM.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:36 AM
AbsolutSpeedZ

well if it makes you guys feel any better, I ordered a lip, came cracked in half, and I'm still waiting for a new one, it's been a month and a half for just a lip.....I contacted him on Friday, this weekend, and then yesterday. My body shop guy is REALLY busy, and I'm trying to rebook something and I still can't give the guy a date...I never complain about anything but this time I'm annoyed about how long its taking and it makes me hesitant to order from people who are vendors cause of problems.

Last edited by AbsolutSpeedZ; 02-20-2007 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:38 AM
Ghost 350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^I dont know. Ive already talked to him once today
Old 02-20-2007, 09:44 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is how i see it, there are two sides to every one of these types of stories, and so far we have only got one side of it. i say everyone should cool their jets (to include the OP) and wait until Jim responds to this. plus calling someone a scammer is a bit far fetched. you ordered a hood, you received a hood. though it may not be the best one and has flaws, you still got merchandise for your money. now if he took your money and sent you nothing, that is a scammer and i am sure others will agree on that point. but again, i say wait until Jim has time to respond and we get his side of the story.

Quick Reply: CARBONLTD (JIM) scams another one of us