Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

CARBONLTD (JIM) scams another one of us

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 05:30 PM
twotonetrack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the CF is perfect; you know it's not real CF.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:35 PM
oclor

Originally Posted by twotonetrack
If the CF is perfect; you know it's not real CF.
he has a huge dent on his hood, he's not talking about the weave. Anyway, I'm glad things seem to be headed in the right direction.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:39 PM
tattoo60012

My .02c:

OP and vendor are wrong.....

OP needs to be more mature about his dealings, the minute you lose your cool, you are done for. I've been there, I understand the feelings, but you need to calmly put forth a reasonable argument describing what you expect. I make no judgements about the hood and for that matter price is irrelevant, $7, $700, $7000.... you paid for an item, you deserve what you paid for.

Seller:
Sold a product through no fault of his own that has been discovered to have been defective. No problem yet. Started discussion with customer to get situation resolved. No problem yet. When you started pointing the finger back to the manufacturer, forcing your customer to wait on you. Now there is a problem. Wheather you choose to inspect and warehouse the products you sell, is irrelevant, you still need to take responsibility for the quality of the products you are selling. If a problem is discovered it is your responsibility to resolve the issue.

I wouldn't call this a scam by any means, this is just bad buisness.

Replace or refund the hood, and deal with your manufacturer on your time. Making your customer wait on you to get your issues arranged is unacceptable. If I were your customer and I was told you were waiting to hear back from someone overseas, I would tell you where to stick it. Granted you didn't make the hood, you didn't cause the problem, however you did sell the hood, and therefor you assume the liability for the quality and condition of the item. If you choose to refund the money, take the hood back, sell it as a factory second, ebay it, chuck it, send it to Japan, put it on your car, make a table out of it, whatever you want to do is your issue, not your customers. If you want to protect yourself, you can withold refund until you can inspect the item when it arrives at your facility, but making your customer wait is not reasonable, nor dare I say ethical.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:49 PM
jadaniya
Banned

Originally Posted by drap660
Well if someone sells you something for 700 dollars and its a POS and you'd like to return it and all of a sudden he does not answer your calls or emails and starts avoiding you, what would you call that... A honest, reputable person... This is no different then some guy on ebay selling you something that ends up being a POS... But there you can enter a dispute and get your money back... Here Im stuck with a mangled hood and out of 700 dollars
I really feel for you bro. This is definitely not the first time there has been reports of bad hoods or bad service from this guy. You should just ignore the idiots who are just giving you extra greif. They just need to realize that it is not their money, not their hood, and giving you crap about it is immature. What I don't understand is that there have been so many complaints about this guy that why did you buy from him?
Old 02-20-2007, 06:12 PM
xjongsangx80

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Case end. Thread closed.

Damn..I wish I was a moderator
Old 02-20-2007, 06:15 PM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by xjongsangx80
Case end. Thread closed.

Damn..I wish I was a moderator
Until the next complaint thread... Which will happen as long as CarbonLTD continues to do business with a CF manufacturer that has such a dicked up return policy.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:55 PM
oclor

Yeah lets close this puppy. There doesn't seem to be anything left except more posts either dissing the OP or the vendor.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:00 PM
Kam350z

I personally think it looks pretty damn good. But, then again, what do I know.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:01 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Sounds like the "lesson learned" here (and in the previous thread) is that we should stay away from Seibon CF hoods. If you're stupid enough to buy one, you already know what you're in for if/when it arrives "defective".

Caveat Emptor
Old 02-20-2007, 07:43 PM
Mid117

Old 02-20-2007, 08:07 PM
kognition

That looks like a typical Gel Coat produced hood. That dent can be fixed with heat if you know what you are doing. Gel Coat hoods shrink unevenly and distort over time. Heat also plays a factor in how fast it shrinks. But that is the downside of Gel Coat produced parts. They are produced for the masses.
When the center of the hood heats up, it is shrinking over... nothing, a hollow
cavity. So it gets a flat spot. The problem with these wet layup hoods is too much Gel Coat and not enough fiber.

Originally Posted by drap660
I bought a TS carbon hood from Jim the first week of January (for my birthday)... This was right about that time where another member on here had his issue with the the thin/wavy issue... I recieved the hood about 2 weeks later and that same day I took it out of the box and imediatley installed it.... The fitment on the hood was not bad but the center portion of the hood is paper thin and wavy as hell... Looks horrible... I called Jim that same day and he said there would be no issue getting it exchanged since I reported the issue within the warranty period unlike the member on here who waited 2 months to report it and he also said please dont write anything in the forums... I was not going to write anything in the forums because I thought he was a reputable vendor and that issue with the other member was just a miss understanding... I sent pics and vids which I will post... Weeks go by and Jim tells me "Shawn" the owner of Seibon is in Asia and has no internet or phone access so that I would have to wait... He also says that no one would have any TS hoods in stock for 2 weeks... 2 days later I see him post that he has 1 TS hood in stock and ready to ship... I write in that thread that the hood should be for me and he says, dont worry I have one set aside for you... Well last week I write again to him and ask whats going on with the issue, He said he would have this issue resolved by friday (last week)... He has been avoiding me since thursday(last week) not answering my emails, not picking up the phone and is basically totally avoiding me... Its been a month and I still have no answers... You guys out there looking for Carbon pieces, please dont even consider Jim as a honorable vendor... Sure if your piece is not defective everything is going to go smooth but we now have 2 members on here that have had issues replacing there defective parts... The last thing you want is a $700 dollar wavy thin hood...

Here are some pics and vids of the hood... Hood looks 10 times worse in person

THIS SUCKS!
Old 02-20-2007, 08:36 PM
TSG-Z

I just read all 12 pages and I really dont know what to do! I want to purchase some items from the seller in question, but I dont have the patients or temper to wait for a recieve a defective product, then have to wait again for a refund or replacement! I'm on the fence, these posts I think are a good thing for the members here, no one wants to be all the **** end of the stick! I'm also really shocked as to how some, more senior members, acted! If y'all saw the same wavy *** hood in his attached vid and say thats normal, then you advice is unwanted! Good luck to the OP!
Old 02-20-2007, 08:43 PM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TSG-Z
I just read all 12 pages and I really dont know what to do! I want to purchase some items from the seller in question, but I dont have the patients or temper to wait for a recieve a defective product, then have to wait again for a refund or replacement! I'm on the fence, these posts I think are a good thing for the members here, no one wants to be all the **** end of the stick! I'm also really shocked as to how some, more senior members, acted! If y'all saw the same wavy *** hood in his attached vid and say thats normal, then you advice is unwanted! Good luck to the OP!

Check out my feedback and make that decision for yourself.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:01 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

I think people in the future need to review these points when buying Seibon CF:

1) CF is not perfect. With Seibon it seems like a crap shoot

2) Before you think about ordering from Jim or any other CF vendor, remember these two threads.

3) There's always two sides to every story, but 1 consistent truth: Buying a defective CF hood from CarbonLTD is not going to yield a quick turn around resolution regardless who's fault it is.

4) Once again, there's no quality control on the part of Seibon or any other vendors in between because the bad hood made it to the customer. This is either the truth or someone is playing the odds between the good and bad ones and educated/uneducated customers.

5) 2 unhappy customers isn't the final say that ends all about CF and CarbonLTD. Neither are all the fanboy's testimonials.

It's kind of ironic in a way that these stories parallels our cars. Many people knew about the tranny and feathering issues along with all the TSBs and some people didn't. At the end you just have to give somebody your $$$ and hope you get a good one.

Last edited by JDMFairladyZ33; 02-20-2007 at 09:04 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:07 PM
alan00000

Hey jim were's my hood i ordered 3 weeks ago Did you get my emails??

J/K

I ordered the same hood from jim a while back, great quality, you just have to be patient, Good things come to those who wait! or somthing like that

Good luck to you both.