Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

CARBONLTD (JIM) scams another one of us

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 04:57 AM
drap660

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CARBONLTD (JIM) scams another one of us

I bought a TS carbon hood from Jim the first week of January (for my birthday)... This was right about that time where another member on here had his issue with the the thin/wavy issue... I recieved the hood about 2 weeks later and that same day I took it out of the box and imediatley installed it.... The fitment on the hood was not bad but the center portion of the hood is paper thin and wavy as hell... Looks horrible... I called Jim that same day and he said there would be no issue getting it exchanged since I reported the issue within the warranty period unlike the member on here who waited 2 months to report it and he also said please dont write anything in the forums... I was not going to write anything in the forums because I thought he was a reputable vendor and that issue with the other member was just a miss understanding... I sent pics and vids which I will post... Weeks go by and Jim tells me his contact at Seibon is in Asia and has no internet or phone access so that I would have to wait... He also says that no one would have any TS hoods in stock for 2 weeks... 2 days later I see him post that he has 1 TS hood in stock and ready to ship... I write in that thread that the hood should be for me and he says, dont worry I have one set aside for you... Well last week I write again to him and ask whats going on with the issue, He said he would have this issue resolved by friday (last week)... He has been avoiding me since thursday(last week) not answering my emails, not picking up the phone and is basically totally avoiding me... Its been a month and I still have no answers... You guys out there looking for Carbon pieces, please dont even consider Jim as a honorable vendor... Sure if your piece is not defective everything is going to go smooth but we now have 2 members on here that have had issues replacing there defective parts... The last thing you want is a $700 dollar wavy thin hood...

Here are some pics and vids of the hood... Hood looks 10 times worse in person

Here is the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIDdO-OtK70

THIS SUCKS!

Last edited by drap660; 02-20-2007 at 05:09 AM.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:04 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like a normal Low Cost CF hood to me.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:05 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok.. is this your first CF hood?? I honestly dont see whats so bad about it.. Other than you need to adjust your hood latch.. Oh and if your talking about the actual weave being wavy.. Welcome to CF bro, show me a perfect CF hood weave.. Ill show you 5 million CF hoods non perfect...... Thats CF.. Its never perfect.. To me your hood looks fine.. Take into account the fact they had to weave around those vent holes etc.. Thats no easy task and it looks damn good to me!! You got a deal for 700shipped.....

Last edited by Jay'Z; 02-20-2007 at 05:08 AM.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:08 AM
drap660

All you low cost guys can suck it... I just bought my brother in law a carbon hood for his SRT that cost me 425 and there are no defects on the hood what so ever... 10 times better quality then this... i have bought many seibon hoods before and none of them have been like this... This is obviously a bad batch that came out of seibon... Point is, it should be replaced if defected, especially if reported within the warranty period.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:08 AM
drap660

Originally Posted by jonb7007
ok.. is this your first CF hood?? I honestly dont see whats so bad about it.. Other than you need to adjust your hood latch.. Oh and if your talking about the actual weave being wavy.. Welcome to CF bro, show me a perfect CF hood weave.. Ill show you 5 million CF hoods non perfect...... Thats CF.. Its never perfect.. To me your hood looks fine.. Take into account the fact they had to weave around those vent holes etc.. Thats no easy task and it looks damn good to me!! You got a deal for 700shipped.....
Did you see the video??? Are you insane... its not the weave, Its the actual hood thats wavy...By the way I have had a good 4 carbon hoods.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:11 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by drap660
Did you see the video??? Are you insane
LMAO .. you must be insane to think that is a bad cf hood.... Also, your hood is massive compared to a baby SRT hood.. Of course its gonna come out better.....

Like I said is this your first CF hood? For the 350z? Also, maybe your lighting sucks.. Its too dark for me to tell whether you have dips in the hood..... All I can see is shade.... and the clouds......

Also, please adjust your latch.. There are three bolts to loosen on your latch.. Loosen/then bring it down and to the right.. It should take some of that huge gap out of your passenger side......

Last edited by Jay'Z; 02-20-2007 at 05:15 AM.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:14 AM
drap660

Like I said, I have had carbon hoods on an 03 I used to own... Its not the weave guy, I know that will never be pefect its the actual hood... Is it normal for you to be able to push down on your pinky and basically cave the center portion of the hood in... Give me a break, besides my agrument is that Jim saw the hood and said he woul take care of the issue and a month has gone by and now hes avoidingme... What type of customer service is that... This thread was not for your evaluation of the hood...
Old 02-20-2007, 05:18 AM
drap660

And by the way, I did adjust my latch... I am an engineer, I think I can handle a hood install
Old 02-20-2007, 05:18 AM
sq40

I Think you need to calm down.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:19 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by drap660
Like I said, I have had carbon hoods on an 03 I used to own... Its not the weave guy, I know that will never be pefect its the actual hood... Is it normal for you to be able to push down on your pinky and basically cave the center portion of the hood in... Give me a break, besides my agrument is that Jim saw the hood and said he woul take care of the issue and a month has gone by and now hes avoidingme... What type of customer service is that... This thread was not for your evaluation of the hood...

Ok, well you never specified that.... (pinky push) Yes, that is normal on my hood also, the CF is to lighten your car... If they added another layer it would be thicker/hence weigh more... If I look from the bottom of my CF hood to the sky I can see through it.. Thats normal on a thin light CF hood... All im saying is yes you have the right to be ****.. But damn, that thing doesnt look bad at all.....
Old 02-20-2007, 05:20 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by sq40
+1 but im being patient....... I really dont care but damn.. Trying to help a brotha out and sometimes its worthless..... If your an engineer please fix your hood gap..
Old 02-20-2007, 05:26 AM
Ghost 350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 but im being patient....... I really dont care but damn.. Trying to help a brotha out and sometimes its worthless..... If your an engineer please fix your hood gap..
+10000 You hood is not bad. Jim is a great guy I have nothing but good things to say about him. I just hope that you tried to handle your problems privately before calling him out on practically nothing at all. And he has no problems answering my pm's as well as others on the forum. I think some of you guys expect way too much
Old 02-20-2007, 05:27 AM
drap660

So your telling me you dont see this wavy dent

Old 02-20-2007, 05:32 AM
bbs350z

yea wut he said. we need a b1tching forum on this thread. sure ur not on ur period?

heres an easy fix: giv me ur cf hood, and ill giv u my stock silverstone hood, its freshly repainted and no imperfections wutsoever, or how about a swift kick in the nuts 4 being a moron? problem solved.

Last edited by bbs350z; 02-20-2007 at 05:36 AM.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:34 AM
ct350z

i see it....beat him with the hood over the head...hehehe

j/k
Old 02-20-2007, 05:35 AM
bonusfrag

E-Drama!
Old 02-20-2007, 05:37 AM
tranceformer95

Its kinda hard to tell much from the pics, I'm sure seeing it in person would be a different story. Bottom line is that it's his hood and his money. So if he doesn't feel happy with what he got than he has a right to say something. He's just trying to let everyone else know something is up.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:39 AM
sq40

Car Guy Rule #213:

If you are **** about your parts, DO NOT buy them over the internet.

___
I See people squeeze every tomato at the supermarket to find one that is just right. I would not advise them to buy a tomato over the internet, even if it was cheaper.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:39 AM
imjdoggie

I don't think it looks too bad either man.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:40 AM
imjdoggie

Car Guy Rule #213:

If you are **** about your parts, DO NOT buy them over the internet.

good rule of thumb

Quick Reply: CARBONLTD (JIM) scams another one of us