Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 10:01 PM
Shift_Z33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where are you going to school in P'cola? Maybe I'll see you around
Old 03-10-2007, 06:25 PM
fordslowcus

yarr! my back! Im in Iowa right now. I left washington late thursday. Taking advantage of the free Internet in these rest stops. The rest stops are so high tech. The only thing they dont have is a wireless motion sensored butt wipe after you go. I got a small crack in my windshield from a rock but other than that so far so good. I can tell the painters tape saved my bumper from at least 8 good nicks. And btw i was passing by south dakota and...the girls there are so gorgeous! I love them. I want to mary a south dakotan. Any single ladies from SD on here?
Old 03-10-2007, 06:50 PM
fordslowcus

Nothing like taking pictures while doing around 90mph down Iowa =D
Old 03-10-2007, 06:51 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why do you have a lampshade on your head?
Old 03-10-2007, 06:52 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bit late since your on the road but I think the best defensive weapon is pepperspray. In Cali 10% is max but I order from out of state & get 17%. Strong stuff.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:58 PM
xkevon

Originally Posted by ZSpectrum
how big of a knife can you legally carry in your car, i always have a knife in my little side pocket on the seat. But not for protection it opens up my little secret compartments.
there are secret compartments in the z??
WHERE?!?!
Old 03-10-2007, 10:20 PM
fordslowcus

Originally Posted by oneDIRTYz
why do you have a lampshade on your head?
lmao. hey, MAN, thats a sailor cap. If you flip it down it looks like gilligan island cap. Go wash your Z. Wich reminds me this car is so filthy Ill have to take a pix. Its so dirty its sexy. ALRight! Off to my next rest area! ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzoooom!

Last edited by fordslowcus; 03-10-2007 at 10:25 PM.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:17 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by drift_projekt_Z
find a chick, and get roadhead the whole way home.... yes!
if you want him swervin and pulled over by a cop then by all means. there must be better men then me cause i couldnt keep it straight.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:12 AM
usmanasif

Originally Posted by xkevon
there are secret compartments in the z??
WHERE?!?!
Check under the glovebox sometime.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:54 AM
cwerdna

Good luck to the op and please let us know how your *** and back hold up.

I hear the suspension is less harsh on the 2004.5 and above models (haven't ridden in or driven a newer one than mine). I wouldn't even think about driving the Z for really long distances unless I absolutely had to (other car in shop or wrecked or driving to a Z meet). The ride is just too harsh in my Z for that type of thing. :/

I've never heard that it was illegal to sleep in one's car (in any state) esp. given that truckers do. I've taken a short nap (<1 hour) during a long drive while at a rest stop and another time at a Barnes and Noble parking lot. I think I'll reconsider the rest stop one now...

As for Walmarts, I'm not sure they're THAT safe either. Some Walmarts I've been to in the Bay Area and in WA state are not in great areas.

Last edited by cwerdna; 03-11-2007 at 12:56 AM.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:33 PM
dfdub

Originally Posted by cwerdna
Good luck to the op and please let us know how your *** and back hold up.

I hear the suspension is less harsh on the 2004.5 and above models (haven't ridden in or driven a newer one than mine). I wouldn't even think about driving the Z for really long distances unless I absolutely had to (other car in shop or wrecked or driving to a Z meet). The ride is just too harsh in my Z for that type of thing. :/

I've never heard that it was illegal to sleep in one's car (in any state) esp. given that truckers do. I've taken a short nap (<1 hour) during a long drive while at a rest stop and another time at a Barnes and Noble parking lot. I think I'll reconsider the rest stop one now...

As for Walmarts, I'm not sure they're THAT safe either. Some Walmarts I've been to in the Bay Area and in WA state are not in great areas.
I just got home last night from a 2 day roadtrip from FL to TX. After the 2nd leg (13 hrs) I was really surprised with how well the Z treated my back. I have had back and neck surgery twice so Im pretty sensitive to long drives in uncomfortable cars.

The adjustable lumbar support on the drivers-side really made a difference and I didn't feel any pain during or after the trip. Im not saying that an all day cruise in a Z is just as nice as a long trip in a benz, but its definitely doable.

Keep us posted on your progress and above all, have fun!
Old 03-15-2007, 12:47 PM
fordslowcus

well, i made it. Everything in one piece too. I was worried about my passanger rear tire. The outer edges are so worn and the outside is starting to crack. I saw 0 Z's during the whole trip until I pulled into the highways of NC. Then I saw one. This car gets so many looks. I wish I was as handsome/sexy as a Z. lol.

Anyways free something for whoever reports spotting the silver Z whith the whacked out blue wrinkly bumper!
Old 03-15-2007, 03:22 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

^^ Congrats… long haul. Glad to see you made it safely. Any other experiences on the journey to report?
--Spike
Old 03-16-2007, 07:51 AM
fordslowcus

...and a from all this heres what i learned:

-a poster on here gave a good idea on audio books. A good story "20000 Leagues under the sea" will last for about 11hrs and it will make you feel smarter at the end. HOWEVER Download good quality audiobooks because the poor quality eg. 8kb/sec or even 16kb/sec your going to be struggling to hear/understand over the road noise even with the radio blasting.
-Every few hrs adjust the lumbar support. Its like a reset button on your back and *** pain meter.
-I didnt come close to needing a gas can. Just keep an eye on the fuel gauge and dont let it drop below the 1/4 mark.
-+1 vote for blue painters tape. It REALLY works! And it gives you a pretty blue canvas to draw on with your sharpie
-

http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...1174060040.pbw

Last edited by fordslowcus; 03-16-2007 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:01 AM
nathanwl2004

as far as the knife goes; carrying a knife is not illegal, nor is transporting one in you vehicle. where you will run into issues is when start hidding it. then you start to run into having a concealed weapon without a permit type issues. just put it in the seat right next to you. shouldn't have any problems.

by the way for most people I would recommend carrying an A.S.P baton like recommended earlier. from my experience alotta people have a hard time pulling the trigger on a firearm let alone actually stabbing somebody.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:46 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fordslowcus
And btw i was passing by south dakota and...the girls there are so gorgeous! I love them. I want to mary a south dakotan. Any single ladies from SD on here?
Sounds like you found some diamonds in the rough ... reminds me of a dumb and dumber quote:

"I'll tell you where. Someplace warm. A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano."
Old 03-21-2007, 09:16 AM
gothchick

Originally Posted by fordslowcus
...and a from all this heres what i learned:

-a poster on here gave a good idea on audio books. A good story "20000 Leagues under the sea" will last for about 11hrs and it will make you feel smarter at the end. HOWEVER Download good quality audiobooks because the poor quality eg. 8kb/sec or even 16kb/sec your going to be struggling to hear/understand over the road noise even with the radio blasting.
-Every few hrs adjust the lumbar support. Its like a reset button on your back and *** pain meter.
-I didnt come close to needing a gas can. Just keep an eye on the fuel gauge and dont let it drop below the 1/4 mark.
-+1 vote for blue painters tape. It REALLY works! And it gives you a pretty blue canvas to draw on with your sharpie
-

http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...1174060040.pbw
Nice pics. Congrats on a scenic safe trip! :-)