Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

The 350Z will be the NEW rice car!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 11:33 AM
Sea Bass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, a lot of elitists seem to be posting here. I can't imagine how knowing that more and more people can afford this terrific car now that the used prices are coming down being a BAD thing. Sure, it means some more might get modded in a way you find tacky, but that's subjective.

And come on! Like there aren't plenty of horribly modded Zs to begin with. You know, a lot of people would say putting dubs on a Z = rice. Or putting a widebody kit = rice. Or non JDM clear tails = rice. Raspy exhausts, big stereo installs, airplane wings, etc.

Note, I'm not hating on any of those things, But I can never understand why those items on a civic = rice, and on a Z they = nice.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:40 PM
Studah

I wouldn't be worried, because for all cars there will be riced out ones and some really nice looking ones, goes for domestics as well as imports, I have seen some pretty "riced" out vettes before too
Old 10-23-2007, 03:24 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Luie,you are dead on target with your prediction.I have not responded to this thread until now but you are right 100%.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:17 PM
jones21

weve all seen the riced out ones Duck tape for headlight eye lids fake vents what is the Z coming too
Old 10-23-2007, 06:19 PM
ressling

first of all, it's a Nissan, not a Honda. Secondly, the car has always been an enthusiast sports car from its original days.

IMO "riced out" means you buy a used cheapie car to put a lot of money into the hood.... well w/ the Z, the money is already all in the hood and has enough ***** to take on a few in its class pretty easily. When thinking about it that way, these two cars don't seem to play in the same field.

Just my .02 cents...
Old 10-23-2007, 10:19 PM
edi88

Originally Posted by phreaktor
noob
huh
Old 10-24-2007, 05:23 AM
ZKansasZ

wow, I mean, WOW!!!
such paranoia from z owners, lol. Rice or not rice totally depends on the person. Doesnt matter if the price of the Z goes down to 5000/car or not!
If worry so much about it, why not buy a Ferrari? (but then again IF you are a real ricer, you would rice out that Ferrari anyway!)

Last edited by ZKansasZ; 10-24-2007 at 05:26 AM.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:09 AM
Touring 350 Z

I'm in Nofolk, Va. and the trend seems to be younger and younger Z owners...Ive seen alot of busted Z's around here lately...faded dirty paint..swirls...less love...
Old 10-24-2007, 10:07 AM
Greg06

Originally Posted by Touring 350 Z
I'm in Nofolk, Va. and the trend seems to be younger and younger Z owners...
You should see the bay area

You can see the trend on this board as well, esp with those dumb "Fail" replies
Old 10-24-2007, 05:37 PM
ZKansasZ

Originally Posted by Greg06
You should see the bay area

You can see the trend on this board as well, esp with those dumb "Fail" replies
care to explain more?
Old 10-24-2007, 05:52 PM
Caprice270

Originally Posted by 350z-noob
wow, I mean, WOW!!!
such paranoia from z owners, lol. Rice or not rice totally depends on the person. Doesnt matter if the price of the Z goes down to 5000/car or not!
If worry so much about it, why not buy a Ferrari? (but then again IF you are a real ricer, you would rice out that Ferrari anyway!)
Ricing is the major threat of our times, second only behind terrorism. It really needs a bilateral response to wipe it out once and for all.

What people must understand is that the 350Z was never intended to be riced, but its Japanese heritage makes ricers want to rice it up. They see all the good taste in design and it makes them angry that it defies their deepest darkest ricing desires.

If we let the 350Z fall to the ricers, it will be like the first domino in a series falling, opening the way for ricing to spread to more exotic cars. Will you let this happen? Will you let your kids live in rice?
Old 10-24-2007, 05:59 PM
ZKansasZ

Originally Posted by Caprice270
Ricing is the major threat of our times, second only behind terrorism. It really needs a bilateral response to wipe it out once and for all.

What people must understand is that the 350Z was never intended to be riced, but its Japanese heritage makes ricers want to rice it up. They see all the good taste in design and it makes them angry that it defies their deepest darkest ricing desires.

If we let the 350Z fall to the ricers, it will be like the first domino in a series falling, opening the way for ricing to spread to more exotic cars. Will you let this happen? Will you let your kids live in rice?
huh?
Old 10-24-2007, 06:14 PM
Sea Bass

Congratulations on making my brain hurt. This is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:22 AM
sluggoZ

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Old 10-25-2007, 05:55 AM
Greg06

Originally Posted by 350z-noob
care to explain more?
Youngings, Younglings, Youts.....You know...Kids

Originally Posted by Touring 350 Z
I'm in Nofolk, Va. and the trend seems to be younger and younger Z owners...
See the above quote? I was replying to it.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:23 AM
gNaRKiLL

When I got my Z last May, I was the only one in my college town with one, now there are about 8.

When I moved back home I had only known of 2 in my city that I had seen, now I see atleast 4-5 a day.

And guess who's driving them? 40-50 YEAR OLD WOMEN!!
Old 10-25-2007, 09:55 AM
J-WYE

Originally Posted by dave079
Its been obvious for the past year or so. Seems the average age of the owners on here gets younger and younger by the day.
I guess the old folks will just have to work harder to buy more expensive cars young kids can't afford, that way they can avoid being bothered by them in their forums, or you could just buy a Buick like the rest of the old folks.

Last edited by J-WYE; 10-25-2007 at 10:05 AM.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:16 AM
z350boy
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z Phil
Wow, a lot of elitists seem to be posting here. I can't imagine how knowing that more and more people can afford this terrific car now that the used prices are coming down being a BAD thing. Sure, it means some more might get modded in a way you find tacky, but that's subjective.

And come on! Like there aren't plenty of horribly modded Zs to begin with. You know, a lot of people would say putting dubs on a Z = rice. Or putting a widebody kit = rice. Or non JDM clear tails = rice. Raspy exhausts, big stereo installs, airplane wings, etc.

Note, I'm not hating on any of those things, But I can never understand why those items on a civic = rice, and on a Z they = nice.
I believe the reason people feel this way (myself included) is because the people who pay $25K- $40K for this car, in general, have more disposable income, and are more educated and financially stable. The Honda crowd is generally populated with younger guys who couldn't afford the cost of purchase & modification of more expensive cars like the Z, especially when they first hit the market. After a particular car has been on the market for a few years and the used prices start to drop & parts become cheaper you will have younger guys buying them. Since the younger guys tend to have limited resources & different personal tastes they seem to try and install mods that scream for attention ie oversize spoilers etc. Put it this way...a Porsche looks nice, but how would it look with spinners???
Old 10-25-2007, 05:41 PM
joekool

needs more pics of riced out zeds
Old 10-25-2007, 06:25 PM
Sea Bass

Originally Posted by z350boy
I believe the reason people feel this way (myself included) is because the people who pay $25K- $40K for this car, in general, have more disposable income, and are more educated and financially stable. The Honda crowd is generally populated with younger guys who couldn't afford the cost of purchase & modification of more expensive cars like the Z, especially when they first hit the market. After a particular car has been on the market for a few years and the used prices start to drop & parts become cheaper you will have younger guys buying them. Since the younger guys tend to have limited resources & different personal tastes they seem to try and install mods that scream for attention ie oversize spoilers etc. Put it this way...a Porsche looks nice, but how would it look with spinners???
You drive a 30k Nissan, not a 70k Porsche, though. And as I was saying before... there are already plenty examples of "questionable, attention grabbing" mods on their Zs well before the Civic crowd came into things. You want exclusivity? Then buy an exclusive car. Sorry, as much as I love my Z, I know it's pretty low on the "status" food chain, and I just don't care.

Quick Reply: The 350Z will be the NEW rice car!