2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

The 350Z will be the NEW rice car!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 12:29 PM
danduvz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR
True,

But given the power output and cost of lowering and camber-correction it would still be a little pricey.

When I was a kid, we drove for days on our el cheapo tires and slammed commuter cars. 17" wheels were the limit and having a set of inexpensive wheels on a car weighing less than 2900 lbs were the norm.

Replacing 17",18",19" + tires on a rear-wheel drive staggered , 280 + hp car is another world of P.I.T.A.
I believe the cheap spring + large degree negative camber + cheap tire + ricer = mad drifter Mad braggin rights to their buddies
Old 06-13-2007, 12:40 PM
Advent7

To the person on page 3 that was wondering where the term rice came from.

Honda means "one from the base of the fields" and the fields are rice fields so if the person that started the whole Rice calling thing new the name for Honda then thats probably where it came from.

Or it's maybe just because we eat so much rice.

Anyways I was worried about this same thing or more in the fact that more people are gonna have this car but then I realized if you build up a very nicley done Z does it really matter that there are turds out there that have very bad taste you'll have a car thats nice. Yeah I feel sorry for the car and the image it's giving the nicely built Z owners but let them do what they want.

At least you can look at their car and know what not to do and to the OP no the Z wont become a true rice car like the honda.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:45 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by danduvz
I believe the cheap spring + large degree negative camber + cheap tire + ricer = mad drifter Mad braggin rights to their buddies
Hahah....

You know if someone had the means to slam their car, and researched enough where the neg. camber works at the limits for the Z , then kudos to them.

What I'm more afraid of are the "off-the-shelf" APC Autozone wheels with +100 offset and hubcaps on the Z. *shivers*
Old 06-13-2007, 04:36 PM
D_K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by unkn0wn ryder
^^^^ thats sooo freakin true... lol... raced a cobra and smoked him and he was like "Damn! that Rice burner is quick!"

lol , Anyways yeah that would suck , but I dont think its gonna get that bad at all , if anything it'll be the S2K being a Honda ....its Ricer bait.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:45 PM
danduvz

Guarantee ricers will be buying Evo's before the buy Z's. They are faster, for more bragging rights. They will already be pre-MODDED (due to everyone I have every seen has a few mods). They will fit all their friends. And notice they come pre-riced (fancy hood, sweet wing, turbonator sound effects). And since its a Mitsu, you should be able to pick up a used one for around $10,000 next year Tell me I am wrong. TELL MEEEE!!
Old 06-13-2007, 06:20 PM
Jaegermeister2k

Originally Posted by tommyjeans214
no offense, alot of domestic owners are idiots. they call imports rice but they have their nasty LOUD chevy, fords and dodges. raised and have giant MUD tires. COMMON, who really needs mud tires in the city???

they treat residential streets like a drag strip, i know, there's a bunch of nasty chevys down my block. screeching up and down the street all night long. blasting their sound system.

so how are 'domestics' different from the 'ricers'?
imports don't get stuck on the side of the road
No offense taken. I agree with you.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:26 PM
Jaegermeister2k

Originally Posted by lee50z
i drive a domestic and i totally disagree with you Jaegermeister2k, i see plenty of domestic rice around my way...anything can be riced out i ****ing saw a pink leopard skin bugatti! if a 350z has a nice exhaust and nice wheels how would you consider that rice. sh*t if thats true and someone gave me a 350z i would be a ricer all day long
You must not have read my post cause you completely missed my point. All i was saying is that it doesn't matter what you drive. In someone (Not everyone of the opposite side) you'll always be a ricer. Having been a moderator of such a site i was talking about I heard ALOT of people's opinions. So i'm not just makign stuff up. I have literally been told that any car made in japan is a ricemobile.

Just like over here it doesn't matter how nice your mustang may be. Eventually you'll come across someone saying something like "Rustang" or "can that gas guzzler take a turn?"
Old 06-13-2007, 07:12 PM
joe645733

ya ive seen some space-craft looking body kits on Z's
Old 06-13-2007, 07:37 PM
350ZV3

Whatever people do with their cars is cool with me. As long as your having fun doing it go for it. All these terms rice, etc... is just for people to label groups of things and make them feel better about what they have or what moslty matters they dont. The 350Z will be fine. Relax and enjoy your cars. The fun is molding your car and making it unique to your personality.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:55 AM
350Z_GTS

It wont be that bad. Even if the car drops to 15G's kids or "the ricer kids" won't be able to afford that, let alone the insurance. My first car was a 93 rx-7 for 15g's and i could barely afford that making 9.00 a hour at ups. no kid at Burger King unless he was the manager could afford this car on min. wadge.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:42 PM
krazy k

i dont know about this one, I think more people will have a Z or G because its a looks good, performance overall is good and is reliable. I dont think its gonna be riced out because parts for the z are expensive. It takes more money from your pocket to make it super fast compared to those evo's,wrx's, srt's that are out there.It will be okay as long as no one starts putting those giant metal wings on the back of the z and F&F graphics .

just my opinion
Old 06-14-2007, 09:49 PM
ghost31711

dont worry.... parts for our car are still too expensive...... heck.. i still cant afford to mod it...
Old 06-15-2007, 03:39 PM
Suvlaki

that's why i'm going to upgrade to the 380Z asap
Old 06-15-2007, 05:36 PM
UTexas EE

Obviously there will be more people buying Z's and mods as time goes on. I doubt it will get to the point you see one every single day though. Just my 2 cents, which don't account for much.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:04 PM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a neighbor girl with an 2003 350Z with 22"dubs on them. She used to wave at me when our cars crossed paths, To be nice I waved and drove on. Finally she got rid of the Z and got a 2004 325 Bmw. I was relieved that I did not have to look at that sad looking Z anymore. I mean her Z looked like Crap, though this is only my opinion, Because I cannot stand huge Dubs on any car or Suv with huge wheel gaps and skinny tires, the sad part is they think there car is cool.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:13 PM
Zmazing03

I am not to worried about Zs become rice honestly. I see Zs often, but I have NEVER seen a riced out one. Not once. They may be more affordable these days, but as someone said, they are RWD and the insurance is way more than Civic. Also, I agree with whoever said owns the Z is often an Enthusiast, and they don't rice out their Zs.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:42 PM
thidr0

No guys, seriously. This is the new ricer car/style. Its all the rage. I see like 5 or 6 of these rolling down the street every day.

Old 06-15-2007, 09:36 PM
krazy k

Originally Posted by thidr0
No guys, seriously. This is the new ricer car/style. Its all the rage. I see like 5 or 6 of these rolling down the street every day.

um.. nah.. thats not rice... Thats just called hella ghetto.
Like the 22's or rollin on dubs isnt really rice. I hate that word. It seems like everybody just trying to say its rice when asian kids be buying a nice car with and put a body kit and a loud exhaust

I dont know. nM
Old 06-16-2007, 02:27 PM
finalforce

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd have to agree with most of you. I don't see the 350z being a rice car at all. A car of that caliber, the 350z is a top end sports car from Nissan. I'm not sure what kind of community you all live in, but where I stay I haven't seen any young punks driving Z's around. People around my area that have Z's are older and true Z enthusiasts and take good care of their cars. Then again, I speak only of where I'm from.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:45 PM
zdatsun

Just enjoy whatever you have regardless of what others may think. YOU paid for it and you can't (or anybody else) take it with you when you're gone. None of us will be satisfied until we're all exactly the same and can't think for ourselves (god forbid that happening). I see some "what the hell were they thinking" cars all the time but it's their's and not MINE. CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG......

Quick Reply: The 350Z will be the NEW rice car!