Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

the new Z drivers

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2002, 06:35 AM
3rdpower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel the same way, but then again, it's a car.
Old 08-01-2002, 07:22 AM
RP-350Z

The only way to learn is to ask, nothing wrong with asking. I don't agree with your observation though. Just my opinion. And I really don't see why it has you "worried." You must not have more important things to worry about, lucky you. Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-01-2002, 07:30 AM
nizl

Default Re: the new Z drivers

Originally posted by Matt
spending time reading posts by z enthusiasts for the past few months has me kinda worried, seems like a good portion of the z drivers will be people who don't know much about cars.
Hmmmm, maybe I should criticize people b/c they'll be listening to their car stereos, but most don't know much about car audio or music!
there's really nothing wrong with car-ignorant people in general, it's just that i wouldn't want the z to be associated along with the usual integras, civics and stuff as far as the image goes.
It's just a car.
Old 08-01-2002, 07:32 AM
robbyn
Charter Member #79

Default Re: the new Z drivers

Originally posted by Matt

i would expect this car to attract a little more mature and knowledgable crowd than the usual teenage crowds i'm used to, i hope so.. it'd be a shame if the image of the z becomes like the s2000.. (spoiled brats who don't know **** about their own car).

there's really nothing wrong with car-ignorant people in general, it's just that i wouldn't want the z to be associated along with the usual integras, civics and stuff as far as the image goes.

i realize that not all of us are car buffs, but i've seen more general car knowledge at honda forums...
Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a new winner in MOST CONDESCENDING POST OF THE YEAR!! If I cared, I might get upset, but if Matt gets off on feeling superior, I could care less.
Old 08-01-2002, 07:40 AM
blackSunshine
Charter Member #84

Given that people tend to make generalizations and that they are usually negative I understand where you would be 'worried'. You don't want people to pre-judge you, right? The only problem with this is that if only the best and brightest bought the car so that no negative generalizations could be made about 350Z owners, then there would be no market for our future car, therefore, no 350Z. All kinds of people will buy this car, some will be true car enthusiasts who know everything about everything about cars, and some will be completely ignorant about cars and buy it solely because of the way it looks. But the vast majority of the ownership base will fall somewhere in between the two extremes. The only thing I learned in statistics is that bell curves are pretty damn close to real life. I apologize in advance for not knowing the exact workings of a turbo or what the heck cat-back means. I'll try not to humilate us in public.
Old 08-01-2002, 07:41 AM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too remember how excited and powerful I felt after that first un-assisted oil change!

Old 08-01-2002, 07:46 AM
Jill

Also, the people at the Honda forums have had their hands on the cars and obviously would know more technical stuff about it. We don't have the car yet, and without having our hands on the car, I'm happy that there's some technical talk in here still...

I go into the eclipse clubs that have been around for years and only see about 5000 members...I come into here and see 2100 for a car that isn't even out yet - that's some true enthusiasts if you ask me. I don't think anyone who isn't an enthusiast pre-ordered this car or would even know about the pre-order program...I'd personally rather have a shitload of people who are enthusiastic about the car than a shitload of people who can just answer our technical questions - here, we have a nice mix of the two Flame on...heheh
Old 08-01-2002, 07:49 AM
blackSunshine
Charter Member #84

Originally posted by Scafremon
I too remember how excited and powerful I felt after that first un-assisted oil change!

Uhhhh..... duhhhh..... is that like pumping gas?? Cuz I've done that before, yup I pumped the gas myself, after I figured out which lever opened the gas-tank cover. Did you know that the pump shuts itself off when your tank is full, it's amazing!
Old 08-01-2002, 07:56 AM
Scafremon

Originally posted by blackSunshine
the pump shuts itself off when your tank is full, it's amazing!
Are you sure about that? If true, this would make things a helluva lot easier on me. I just put $2.00 in each day, 'cause I didn't want to 'top-off' the tank, and create a spill. Big sign near the pump-thingy warned me about doing that.
Old 08-01-2002, 07:58 AM
c350z

Qoute
"there's really nothing wrong with car-ignorant people in general, it's just that i wouldn't want the z to be associated along with the usual integras, civics and stuff as far as the image goes. "

Anybody notice that Matt owns a civic? Interesting...

By the way I don't know a lot about cars, but I have a Masters Degree, and a good job and can afford a Z. I appreciate the Z for what it is a great sports car with outstanding performance for an incredible price. Just because I can't rebuild the engine with my eyes closed, doesn't mean anything. And if ricers get ahold of the Z and make it the star in Fast and the Furious 2 oh well, welcome to America "Land of the Free"
Old 08-01-2002, 07:58 AM
blackSunshine
Charter Member #84

Originally posted by Scafremon

Are you sure about that? If true, this would make things a helluva lot easier on me. I just put $2.00 in each day, 'cause I didn't want to 'top-off' the tank, and create a spill. Big sign near the pump-thingy warned me about doing that.
lol
Old 08-01-2002, 08:00 AM
Zay

Default at the dealership on delivery day

Nissan Salesman: Mr. Zay there's just one more order of business before we give you the keys to your new 350Z. If you would step into our EXAM room you will be given a 1 hour timed owners examination on the anatomy of the VQ engine. You should have no problem with it.

This is a part of our new owners awareness program.

Zay: What the...
Old 08-01-2002, 08:00 AM
robbyn
Charter Member #79

Originally posted by blackSunshine

Uhhhh..... duhhhh..... is that like pumping gas?? Cuz I've done that before, yup I pumped the gas myself, after I figured out which lever opened the gas-tank cover. Did you know that the pump shuts itself off when your tank is full, it's amazing!
You PUMP YOUR OWN GAS!?!? WOW . . . I always go to full-serve. But the mechanic (that's what you call that guy who pumps gas isn't it) always yells at me, cause I ALWAYS fergit to turn the thingy that makes noise off . . . oh yeah engine. Then I have to get out of the car, so the mechanic can start my car again, I never could figure out how to turn those durn keys.

C350z: Not just a civic ... but a CIVIC SI ......ooooohhh, a hush falls over the crowd, such a MANLY car ownly owned by automotive studs who occasionally come down from the garage on the mountain top to share their wisdom with us lesser mortals.

Last edited by robbyn; 08-01-2002 at 08:04 AM.
Old 08-01-2002, 08:12 AM
ZBarrister

Jeez a Civic SI...woah nelly!!

Here I am in a forum filled with people who have driven M3's, Mustangs, 300Z's and all sorts of other cars only to realize we should have never had them in the first place bc we "don't know much about cars"

Well sheeooot....all them wheels and whilry gigs and all sorts of fancy contraptions just plum scare me. I just let the horseless carriage sit in the barn.

I'll just sit here chewing on a peice of wheat watchin' the clouds roll by....yup!!

PS: This post puts you up for Tool of the Year!!
Old 08-01-2002, 08:20 AM
perfectlyfrank
Charter Member #09

I just noticed in some pics of the Z that my car is gonna have two brake pedals. Does this mean it will stop twice as fast? Also, on the label on that stick in the middle and it has a 1,2,3,4,5,6,R. I recognized the R, but where they hell is the D?
Old 08-01-2002, 08:24 AM
robbyn
Charter Member #79

Originally posted by perfectlyfrank
I just noticed in some pics of the Z that my car is gonna have two brake pedals. Does this mean it will stop twice as fast? Also, on the label on that stick in the middle and it has a 1,2,3,4,5,6,R. I recognized the R, but where they hell is the D?
Damn Frank, I have no idear where the D is, but I sure as gosh golly wish I could count as well as you.
Old 08-01-2002, 08:27 AM
Scafremon

Originally posted by perfectlyfrank
I recognized the R, but where they hell is the D?
There are no "D" order numbers Frank. Just R, S, T, and sometimes W. Your order number.............shoot.......I'm in wrong thread.

nevermind.

Quick Reply: the new Z drivers