Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Is Classic soft trim Bull$hitting??

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2002, 10:36 PM
Slexis200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Is Classic soft trim Bull$hitting??

Ok So this morning i call up Classic soft trim, and they direct me to the new york regional office. OK so i call them and i ask how much to out fit a 2 seater with leather, they say $899, which car. I say 350Z, and theyre like ooooh the 350Z (like they were about to rip me off, because they knew most Z's dont come with the leather, it was very suspicious, but anyway) So he says $1299
So i said why is it 1299, he says the Z has cloth on the door panels etc, and they will put leather there. But im pretty sure there is no room for leahter except on the seats? I think either he just didnt know what he was talkin about or was tryin to rip me off. If i could get colored leather on the doors etc... i probobly would, im sure it would greatly enhance the look of the interior!!

So what do you all think?
Also dont pay over $899 for leather, unless they put more stuff in. Also they told me two tone is 150 extra, and emborided letters are 20 per seat, both of which i thought were free.....

-Josh
Z's a commin soon baby!!

p.s. how ugly is the seat they have on classicsofttrim.com, please nobody get this color in there Z!!! it might be ok in somthing else but not this car!
Attached Thumbnails Is Classic soft trim Bull$hitting??-nissanseat1.jpg  
Old 08-02-2002, 10:52 PM
kroams

There are no cloth inserts on the doors so I don't know what he is talking about. Now if they convered the entire door with leather instead of that black plastic that would be very cool. I think two-tone would look great but I agree the tan and black is a little weak. For Daytona Blue I think black on the outside of the seat and blue for the interior would be very slick. Also black and red would be sweet on a silverstone or black car. Did you ask how much it would cost for the heated option?
Old 08-02-2002, 11:13 PM
ColecatZ

sounds like they are confused with the Z32 which had the inserts on the doors.

Would be interested to see if they cover the whoel upper door panel in leather....

Old 08-02-2002, 11:19 PM
Slexis200

Nope i didnt ask about the heated seats. But i think you should also consider black inside, with red or blue around it, like the M roadster, and M coupe have. The M5 has it the opposite way, like you said
Attached Thumbnails Is Classic soft trim Bull$hitting??-o5im_chrome.jpg  
Old 08-02-2002, 11:21 PM
Slexis200

Default more....

red/black M5
Attached Thumbnails Is Classic soft trim Bull$hitting??-o5lb_chrome.jpg  
Old 08-02-2002, 11:22 PM
Slexis200

Default Also looks good

Also looks good......... M roadster
Attached Thumbnails Is Classic soft trim Bull$hitting??-q6es_blue.jpg  
Old 08-02-2002, 11:24 PM
Slexis200

Default red......

Notice how black is in the middle covered by the colored leather, i think it looks quite nice, also since the seat patern is simmilar to that in the 350Z......
Attached Thumbnails Is Classic soft trim Bull$hitting??-q6im_red.jpg  
Old 08-02-2002, 11:27 PM
Slexis200

Default last one, grey on black....not bad eaither

Heres a greyish/silver on black, which isnt bad, although with blue, and red in the picture i wouldnt choose it. For those who dont want to be flashy at all, it would probobly be great!
Attached Thumbnails Is Classic soft trim Bull$hitting??-q6tt_gray.jpg  
Old 08-02-2002, 11:32 PM
kroams

Its funny that I never even thought about having the color leather on the outside and black on the inside. You have sold me that its much sportier your way! I am glad to see they are planning to make the little hump a different color than the middle so it will stand out more. I was wondering if they were going to charge extra for that if their pattern wasn't designed that way.
Old 08-03-2002, 12:32 AM
nwind21

Wow those color options look great!

I hope they do a good job though... I'm a skeptic when it comes to the quality of after-market interior work vs. factory work.

Are most peoples exp. with after-market interior mostly positive? or mostly negative?
Old 08-03-2002, 12:33 AM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

Slexis200:

When I talked to the Regional Sales Mgr. here in No. Cal. he guestimated about $1200 just for the seats. That was more then a month ago. They still had not established a price because they needed a sample car at the factory in L.A. to determine the labor involved.

When I asked about the door panels he said without seeing the car they couldn't determine if it was possible let alone a cost.

I intend to go to their Bay area shop after I get the car and check colors etc.

I was also told that embroidery and mixed colors was no additional charge.
Old 08-03-2002, 06:32 PM
Traffic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are some better ideas:

Bride Ergo Seat

NisMo

Sparco Torino
Old 08-03-2002, 07:46 PM
aggie300zx

I've nixed using Classic Soft Trim, mainly because I can't get any information from them when I call my local shop. Stuff like, we can only give info to dealer, blah, blah, blah. My dealer actually recommended a local shop Texas Auto Tops. They had several cars in their showroom that had been done by this other aftermarket leather shop and I was very impressed with the quality. It's going to run me $1099 to have the seats done.

I do like the two tone look, might just have to change from the basic black choice.
Old 08-04-2002, 12:23 AM
articfury
Charter Member #55

What exactly is it that you are expecting CST to tell you? They don't have a car to work the final details on. They may have a pattern worked up, but I am not sure that is the case either. The MR2 community has conducted several group buys with them with major discounts. I think it will just take some more time....like when we actually have a car and a group that can represent a major buying power to them. I believe Jay contacted them several months back about a group buy for us. This has been discussed previously here

JMHO

JD
Old 08-04-2002, 02:20 AM
aggie300zx

Well, it's not an issue of any particular details...the local CST shop told me they could not tell me anything because I was not a dealer. They told me I needed to talk with my dealer about any details. Well, we all know how informed dealers tend to be. Not sure if this has been the case with others who have called, but just my expience. I've moved on and will not be buying from them.