2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Seems like everybody wants to race you when your in a Z

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 11:22 PM
phat04350z
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
Just so everyone knows, word around is that the 350z is a mid 14's to low 15 second cars. So every rice car out there will try to race and beat you to brag. These cars don't try to race and lose. They are thinking they will win. Just ignore them. In most cases, you will have the better overall car anyways.
If someone thinks the Z is a 14 or 15 sec car there not worth any time imo, nor do they know the Z.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:22 PM
ToXiC

Originally Posted by Zridder19
Funny, I never have anyone try to race me... maybe the front mount
lol ya i never have anyone try racing me as soon as the turbos spool the leave me alone
Old 11-24-2007, 11:25 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by phat04350z
If someone thinks the Z is a 14 or 15 sec car there not worth any time imo, nor do they know the Z.
To be honest with you, i can't tell you how many 350zs that i have seen at the track running horrible times. They usually make back most of the time after the 1/8th, but still. I think everyone can agree on this. I mean, i'm not going to lie, when i first ran at the track, time was horrible. Until someone on here told me to feather the clutch when leaving the line, i did great.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:51 AM
blktrack350

The ls2 6.0 does. Just check the exhaust. If it has two tips, it's the corvette motor, if it's one tip, it's the ls1 which is still quick.
you do know the ls1 was in the corvette also right?
Old 11-25-2007, 02:59 AM
medic165

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I even get freaking mini vans taunting me..worthless. Needless to say, an Audi A8 was begging to play, but was "embarrased" to find out, the hard way" his top speed was electronically limited at 130 mph.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:01 AM
xxnismoxx

when they rev thier engine and ask me if i want to race I just tell them that they're not worth my gas nor my tires lol you should see some of them they get so mad its too funny.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:14 AM
Advent7

Originally Posted by medic165
I even get freaking mini vans taunting me..worthless. Needless to say, an Audi A8 was begging to play, but was "embarrased" to find out, the hard way" his top speed was electronically limited at 130 mph.

thats somewhat funny.....

Never had anyone try to race me except this civic but it was spewing out black smoke so slowed down below the speed limit. Just watch out for those sleeper civics.

Tint is probably going to be in my top priority soon just so i can ignore the racers. I already have had a bad experience with the Z going fast, yes it's because i'm young and no I wasn't racing it was a spirited drive on a very empty windy road that ended up being too spirited. The word limit and traction was clearly defined after the incident I had with the Z, man I can't believe how stupid I was, good news is car is being fixed as of now and no one was injured.

To the young ones even though i'm still very young:

It's one thing to race from one light to the next or do runs to 80 mph but remember that it's always better to take it to the track and that doing this **** on the street is so not worth what could possibly happen(your not 8ft and bullet proof if you end up in a wheel chair paralyzed from the waste down), so keep it safe and enjoy the car because once it's in several pieces you'll regret it for a very very long time.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:18 AM
my05350z

Originally Posted by Advent7
It's one thing to race from one light to the next or do runs to 80 mph but remember that it's always better to take it to the track and that doing this **** on the street is so not worth what could possibly happen(your not 8ft and bullet proof if you end up in a wheel chair paralyzed from the waste down), so keep it safe and enjoy the car because once it's in several pieces you'll regret it for a very very long time.
at 24 i, finally understood this about 2 weeks ago.

but i cant say i see anything wrong with you wrapping yourself around a tree on an empty road...your choice, your loss, better than doing it in traffic..track ofcourse the smartest route.

Originally Posted by blktrack350
you do know the ls1 was in the corvette also right?
i think dude was trying to point out that the single tail pipe on the gto signifies the lower hp one, i believe 350, compared to the 05 and 06 which have the 400 hp engine and twin exhaust. Saw an auto gto 400hp the day i bought my z, if it was manual... hmm
Old 11-25-2007, 05:41 AM
RJ_KC

i had some pos honda fly up next to me on the highway, rev his engine and keep looking over. I had my windows down (they are tinted) i merely rolled up both my windows and changed lanes. lol he kept speeding up and slowing down for the next couple miles.

i'm no saint tho, when i first got my Z i did get a little too "spirited" a time or two. hell every now and then i'll go out on the highway in the evening and let her rip on my own

other then that i just ignore or laugh and wave saying i'd be pissed too if i drove a neon/civic/whatever
Old 11-25-2007, 07:11 AM
bhendjol
achoooooo

No, I think its the headlights that give away.

I just ignored people that tried to race me or .
Old 11-25-2007, 07:28 AM
CRAYY Z

Originally Posted by Advent7
thats somewhat funny.....

Never had anyone try to race me except this civic but it was spewing out black smoke so slowed down below the speed limit. Just watch out for those sleeper civics.

Tint is probably going to be in my top priority soon just so i can ignore the racers. I already have had a bad experience with the Z going fast, yes it's because i'm young and no I wasn't racing it was a spirited drive on a very empty windy road that ended up being too spirited. The word limit and traction was clearly defined after the incident I had with the Z, man I can't believe how stupid I was, good news is car is being fixed as of now and no one was injured.

To the young ones even though i'm still very young:

I heard the hell out of that one............. Im in the exact same situation.. Z is getting fixed..............
Old 11-25-2007, 07:36 AM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

To be honest with you, i can't tell you how many 350zs that i have seen at the track running horrible times. They usually make back most of the time after the 1/8th, but still. I think everyone can agree on this. I mean, i'm not going to lie, when i first ran at the track, time was horrible. Until someone on here told me to feather the clutch when leaving the line, i did great.
+1

Thats exactly how it is.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:07 AM
cambo350z

I get people all the time here in florida
Old 11-25-2007, 08:11 AM
Fairly Z

It's interesting, when I'm driving the Z I always feel that way. Whenever I see a car pull up beside me, it's my instinct to look and see what it is. In truth, I couldn't care less, unless it were another sports car. But, it's usually not... I try to slap myself in the face from time to time for being so anxious.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:34 AM
gsazabi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been there, done that..I don't even bother anymore.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:07 AM
phat04350z
Banned

I drive in the slow lane while the motor churns at 2500 rpm....gotta love the stock rumble.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:34 AM
Z1NONLY

Received 95 Likes on 61 Posts

It's true that just because the Z can run 13's doesn't mean it will with the average driver. However, the average kid sitting in the next lane with a 15-second car won't get his best "but the magazine said..." 1/4 mile time either.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:03 PM
ilovemyevo8
Banned

i just roll my window down at the light and tell them that my z is slow! and they dont bother. i get kind of spirited in my evo though, im not going to lie. I'm just too weak, and give in to forced induction syndrome. and EVERYONE tries to race you if you drive an evo. the Z isnt too bad. And from what ive noticed its the Z drivers that always try to race me in my evo.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:20 PM
SRTtoZ

Had an older Ford Taurus SHO try to race me last night...

I come from an SRT-4 so Im used to racing people...So I sat there, feathered the clutch, pulled on him about 10 car lengths, slowed down and waved at him...

He wouldnt look at me.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:28 PM
carfi179

+1, lol...Last time a G35 coupe was revving at me for no reason then past by and saw my front mount and A$$ clown just let me past and smiled.

Quick Reply: Seems like everybody wants to race you when your in a Z