Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Seems like everybody wants to race you when your in a Z

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 08:39 AM
HondaKiller
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

only person that consistently wants to race me is a 600hp chevelle that works at the same place i do. panzy focker
Old 12-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Adrians350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not so much in my Z but in my old MR2 turbo I used to get people wanting to race me all the time.

One night a bunch of guys in a crappy v8 holden (I live in Australia) kept sitting on my *** as I was driving through traffic and generally driving dangerously. At one stage they pulled in front of me and I had to slam on the brakes to stop them from hitting me. This went on for ages because whenever I slowed down hoping they would just keep going and quit bugging me but they would just slow down and pull up next to me. Finally I saw an opening and punched it and left them for dead then settled back into driving home at my normal relaxed pace. They then spent the next 10 minutes ducking and weaving to catch up.

This went on for about an hour. Are these people put on the earth to **** everyone off or is it just a small ***** thing? They give people that genuinely love cars a bad name because people generally associate petrol heads ********* like them
Old 12-05-2007, 04:22 PM
Z-kid951

Default ugh racing

d
Old 12-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Z-kid951

Default ugh racing

I usually don't get dragged into a race much. If i do, they're usually under 200hp drivers such as eclipse (fast and furious) and honda's. Honda's are tricky cars, cuz u just dont know when a honda prolly has a k-20 or high b series motor. I'm not a honda hater, i will actually race a honda if i feel they have a strong motor but other then that, it's just a waste of gas. When a eclipse tries to race me, i just laugh and drive off, i hate those cars with a passion, i just want to blow up every single eclipse out there with a ricer body kit and a noise cannon exhaust, and also shoot the driver (yes, I hate them very much). I only raced two cars during my 1 year and a Z driver and that was a evo8 (couldn't really say it was much of a race) and a SRT-4 which i killed badly and also laughed to my self cuz
he called me out and happily broke his spirits .
Old 12-05-2007, 05:32 PM
DukeEntDotCom
blah

Originally Posted by Adrians350Z
Not so much in my Z but in my old MR2 turbo I used to get people wanting to race me all the time.

One night a bunch of guys in a crappy v8 holden (I live in Australia) kept sitting on my *** as I was driving through traffic and generally driving dangerously. At one stage they pulled in front of me and I had to slam on the brakes to stop them from hitting me. This went on for ages because whenever I slowed down hoping they would just keep going and quit bugging me but they would just slow down and pull up next to me. Finally I saw an opening and punched it and left them for dead then settled back into driving home at my normal relaxed pace. They then spent the next 10 minutes ducking and weaving to catch up.

This went on for about an hour. Are these people put on the earth to **** everyone off or is it just a small ***** thing? They give people that genuinely love cars a bad name because people generally associate petrol heads ********* like them
I was curious as to what a V8 Holden was, so I googled it. It is something similar to the Pontiac GTO? It looks similar:

Old 12-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It's a rebadged Holden Monaro.

And I guess it's not only the Z... some guy "wasted" me in my grand Am... I'm trying to conserve gas in that thing and a guy in a lincoln "spanks" me...
Old 12-05-2007, 05:40 PM
boma

Originally Posted by Nexx
no one wants to race me, i have no idea why. in 2 years of Z ownership, i can honestly say ive had less then 5 people who wanted to race me.

Same here. I have had a few, but it is a very rare occurance.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:47 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Gooey
Im payin about $3.40/gallon. Unless I know I can win and its for money I will not race anyone. I shall set my cruise control and listen to my beautiful Fast Intentions Intimidator. That never gets old!

I get more ppl trying to race me when Im in my 3000gt.

I dont ever race for $$$$ anymore. Ive been "on the scene" for years, remember V-Street? Metro? Northern Pkwy? Ritchie Hwy? Been there, done all that. Ive been in fights over fair wins, had people run off with the "purse", seen guns being pulled, its nasty. People are dishonest, when they lose they wont pay or will look for a way out. I used to be out all the time in my old car, now I go out every once in a while to pick on the fastest guys out Its simply not worth it....race for FUN, or dont race at all!!!!!
Old 12-05-2007, 06:06 PM
Adrians350Z

The pontiac GTO is originally a holden monaro that's rebadged and has a different bodykit.

I'm talking something more like this
Attached Thumbnails Seems like everybody wants to race you when your in a Z-2904291.jpg  
Old 12-06-2007, 08:38 AM
SargentZ

just other Zs so far. I 'walked' or rather 'brisk-runned' an 03-05 gen from a 4th gear drop just last weekend.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:32 PM
fiveninerzero

nobody ever revs me up
Old 12-18-2007, 07:40 PM
terrorist22

I had a Cayman "wait" for me on the freeway but after showing I wasn't going to run he just speeds off. My tinted windows make it that much easier to ignore people nowadays.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:29 AM
abeklipse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z-kid951
I usually don't get dragged into a race much. If i do, they're usually under 200hp drivers such as eclipse (fast and furious) and honda's. Honda's are tricky cars, cuz u just dont know when a honda prolly has a k-20 or high b series motor. I'm not a honda hater, i will actually race a honda if i feel they have a strong motor but other then that, it's just a waste of gas. When a eclipse tries to race me, i just laugh and drive off, i hate those cars with a passion, i just want to blow up every single eclipse out there with a ricer body kit and a noise cannon exhaust, and also shoot the driver (yes, I hate them very much). I only raced two cars during my 1 year and a Z driver and that was a evo8 (couldn't really say it was much of a race) and a SRT-4 which i killed badly and also laughed to my self cuz
he called me out and happily broke his spirits .
Hey hey, I used to drive an eclipse before I upgraded to my Z.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:14 AM
Gooey

Originally Posted by Alberto
I dont ever race for $$$$ anymore. Ive been "on the scene" for years, remember V-Street? Metro? Northern Pkwy? Ritchie Hwy? Been there, done all that. Ive been in fights over fair wins, had people run off with the "purse", seen guns being pulled, its nasty. People are dishonest, when they lose they wont pay or will look for a way out. I used to be out all the time in my old car, now I go out every once in a while to pick on the fastest guys out Its simply not worth it....race for FUN, or dont race at all!!!!!
I never raced for money because I cannot trust anyone to just hand over money after a loss. I went to ritchie hwy once with my friend. Didnt race but man I cant believe things like that go on. The best part was there were undercover cops just watchin. Gotta love PG county!
Old 12-19-2007, 06:20 AM
dragon11689

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I still remembered these 2 s2000's with built engines and turbos racing behind me coming from behind. Loud as a motherf'er. One of them was pulling 500hp, so I was told. I almost went into the other lane because they didnt sound like s2000's. I caught up to one of them and revved, then gave thumbs up. He asked me if i was turbo'd also haha. I told him the truth though. I told him its just modded but no turbo. The car just sounds aggressive. That's when he told me the details of the cars. WOW is all I can say. Really cool dudes too.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:02 AM
fabre80

HA I nkow the felling i get revved by every GTI ,Civis SI, etc. The other day some kid in a Honda accord V6 asked me to go i said sure man He stepped on it and i didnt ,lol.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:49 AM
m!ke

haha yeah alot of ppl try to race me
a scion tc tried to race me a while back after tailgating me for about a mile
i acted like i was gonna race him but didnt
let him speed past me
and watched him get pulled over by a cop
lmao
Old 12-19-2007, 12:14 PM
r_seng

driving my friend home last night:

she turns to me "um i think that guy is reving at you or something?!?"

i turn to see and sure enough it was some crack white boy in a rustang signaling me that he wants to run.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:32 PM
ilovemyevo8
Banned

i get all kinds of things, from kids in their lifted trucks giving me the thumbs down, to kids in parking lots in their friends trucks giving me the thumbs down. there seems to be so much hate. the last time i got provoked was by a g35, and it was my girlfriend.

and you think the Z gets attention to race? try in an EVO. you get all kinds of crap and people even honk at you for no reason. i get little jdm honda fanboys revving all the time. bikes always flying past me doing wheelies. etc. if you drive a moderately fast car, your going to get hate

Last edited by ilovemyevo8; 12-19-2007 at 12:36 PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:45 PM
y_b_lamron

the majority of ppl that rev at me are trucks

Quick Reply: Seems like everybody wants to race you when your in a Z