Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Seems like everybody wants to race you when your in a Z

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 10:45 AM
Hoods

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 350z-noob
just last night on my way home, I had a red 4 doors civic with a fart can tried to pace me!!!????WTF???
The funny thing was that they had 5 people in that damn car! I slowed down, it slowed down, lol...I was scared of being smoked so I laughed and hit the brake so I can be behide them!!!
Old 12-28-2007, 10:52 AM
ZKansasZ

Originally Posted by Hoods
Old 12-28-2007, 11:01 AM
DraGonAlchemist

living in jerzee. .i travel to my gf's house down rt 18 and parkway. .i get raced each and every night i go down. .any kinda car. .doesn't matter im usually flying at about 80 holding. .2 years ago got popped doing 140 by a trooper took em about 15 min to catch up and i got blockaded at the exit i was coming to got a 10 point ticket. .DAMN!!!
Old 12-28-2007, 11:03 AM
Exiled Lakai

the only thing that has happen to me is a stock mazda 3 reved on me! i was like wtf???
Old 12-28-2007, 11:06 AM
east1999bt

Originally Posted by DraGonAlchemist
living in jerzee. .i travel to my gf's house down rt 18 and parkway. .i get raced each and every night i go down. .any kinda car. .doesn't matter im usually flying at about 80 holding. .2 years ago got popped doing 140 by a trooper took em about 15 min to catch up and i got blockaded at the exit i was coming to got a 10 point ticket. .DAMN!!!
ouch... i feel you. i hate GSP troopers, and have come close to the 12 points. still paying for my points, damn NJ insurance surcharge
Old 12-28-2007, 11:06 AM
baby_ruiner

this is not to say z owners try to race other cars? i have a z and a 6.0 gto, and in the goat i just laugh at a z when they try to race....i think z drivers are some of the worst instagators (sp?) when it comes to the road, almost as bad as v6 mustang drivers
Old 12-28-2007, 11:16 AM
ZKansasZ

idk about z owners in ALT but they are pretty laid back around here. They are always cruising I see!

Cant compare to mustang drivers, they are the worst!!!
Old 12-28-2007, 12:17 PM
baby_ruiner

its probably just atl....the city that has the greatest car debt in the nation...i guess they have to feel cocky to make up for the burn in their pocket...we do have a few good z eggs in atl...a few
Old 12-28-2007, 01:36 PM
banshee

its probably just atl....the city that has the greatest car debt in the nation...i guess they have to feel cocky to make up for the burn in their pocket...we do have a few good z eggs in atl...a few
I've never experienced this here but then again I don't see very many Z/Gc's in downtown. All of the ones I have seen are laid back though, a lot more mature drivers.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:53 PM
smaha

thought i had heard it all in this post.....until today. driving 20 over on I-10 between San Antonio and Houston and this Suburban comes up on my tail. I pass a couple of 18 wheelers and then pull over to let the Suburban pass. This guy pull up beside me and gives three taps of the horn and wants to race...WTF? A suburban??? Maybe he had a drop-in K&N or something?
Old 12-28-2007, 01:56 PM
east1999bt

Originally Posted by smaha
thought i had heard it all in this post.....until today. driving 20 over on I-10 between San Antonio and Houston and this Suburban comes up on my tail. I pass a couple of 18 wheelers and then pull over to let the Suburban pass. This guy pull up beside me and gives three taps of the horn and wants to race...WTF? A suburban??? Maybe he had a drop-in K&N or something?
ROFLMAO, AND then?? did you race or what????
Old 12-28-2007, 02:11 PM
blktrack350

the only people that try to race me are other 350z/g35 drivers. they pull up next to me and i give the wave. and they just look at me like wtf my car is better than yours why are you waving at me. and then they speed off when i dont want to race them and go in and out of traffic to show off to me that he is a dumbass
Old 12-28-2007, 02:15 PM
SiNzz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ wow, that is pretty lame. Everyone's so goddamn competitive.
Old 12-28-2007, 03:05 PM
DukeEntDotCom
blah

Originally Posted by DraGonAlchemist
They're brutal on Route 18...worst place to speed. I prefer 440/287, or even Route 1.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:48 PM
baby_ruiner

Originally Posted by banshee
I've never experienced this here but then again I don't see very many Z/Gc's in downtown. All of the ones I have seen are laid back though, a lot more mature drivers.
im in downtown m-f...i go to ga state, where my z experienced a z on z hate crime (at least it best looked like it)....i used to park my z in the gsu deck bc our way cool (for serious they are cool!) cops patrol our decks, but i came back after class and there was a 3 foot keying on my 3k dollar fresh paint! what makes it a z hate crime is i think it was a z who parked next to me(he parked like a b!tch..the rest of the deck was open so he could have parked where ever)....GRR! most the zs you see out day to day in atl are autotragics drivin by slow driving women (at least that is my conclusion). the z guys i race/drift with all live on the south side. i find most the crazy z drivers are on the north side (where all the rich ppl live, mommy and daddy bought it for them....note red nismo makes love to altima in parking lot thread)
Old 12-30-2007, 09:15 PM
rayrrr

This past summer i drove from my house in Boston to Virgina to ship my z overseas on I95. on that day alone i had no less then 5 people try to race me. most notable was a impala ss that paced me for miles and the kept taunting me by pacing me then flooring it. he was so caught up that he didnt see the cop chillin on the side of the road waitin for his azz to speed pass him....lol
Old 12-31-2007, 07:39 AM
maximumsportZ

The badge in my avatar usually keeps them away.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:26 PM
ke0ki2k

Originally Posted by Zridder19
Funny, I never have anyone try to race me... maybe the front mount

might have something to do with it hahahaha. yeah i get GTO's, Hondas of all sorts, the occasional WRX, and a C5 vette or two. STi's a couple times but i didnt wana get roughed up. BUT, once the 4.08 comes in im goin STi huntin ....least 05 or older STi's....lol
Old 01-02-2008, 06:32 PM
ke0ki2k

Originally Posted by shanejordan
Yeah when I was on the freeway before some guy in one of the newer GTO's got right up on my tail and then hammered it past me, slowed down then did it again. I know those new GTO's have corvette motors dont they, even if I was in the mood I dont think I could have taken him in a straight. Round some bends though it might be different.
I raced my friend in his 04' GTO...the older one with the LS1. we did a 20 roll, they low end torque killed me. We did a couple 40 rolls and we were dead even. I keep trying to convince him to come to the dragon so i can embarass em
Old 01-02-2008, 09:55 PM
hiz-n-herz

In two years only two people wanted to race...

Got spanked by a crappy looking 88 'stang on the highway (could hear his sc under the hood once we stomped on it and his gears were pretty short) plus I think he was squeezin cause the first two times I pulled on him slightly. Or maybe he was just playin the first two times, but the third time, he pulled by a long-shot and his exhaust was stanky! (I had a passenger too, and stang was solo)

Then on an expressway, I hung with a modified SRT-4. (25-70 mph runs) a few times. I had the wife with me and a full tank of gas. He was solo and had at least an exhaust, a crazy loud BOV, and pilar guages. He was PISSED that I was hanging with him - highly agitated lol. It really was dead-even. he wanted to keep going again and again and again, but I ignored him after that and he kept revving his car at me until I turned off.

But that's it. I get more challenges from them Dodge "hemi" pick-up truck drivers and acura TL/RL drivers whatever!

Quick Reply: Seems like everybody wants to race you when your in a Z