Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 02:57 PM
kacz07

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ugggh i'd be pissed every time i watched it
Old 11-12-2008, 03:01 PM
kevincat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wasnt trying to catch the light or anything it was already yellow before i hit the suv. and the longest i have waited there at that redlight is like 10 sec. traffic from the other side is always light so i wasnt in a hurry.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:02 PM
Done Deal DR

Those douches in SUV's **** me off. It's probably just a bunch of soccer mom's that are late picking up there kids or late picking up dinner or some crap. I dunno, but I see it all the time. They drive these huge vehicles and have no sense of what is around them. They are in a rush and feel that they always have the right of way, even when they obviously don't.

This is one of those cases where they obviously didn't.

The fact that you have proof of what happened is crazy as all too often this gets pinned on the young guy in a sports car for no reason. Nice geek work man, very impressive.

It would be even better if you could capture the multi-gauge on the far left with that same camera and have the gauge on your digital speedo. In any case, it's obvious you weren't driving fast or breaking any laws, that douche bag was just being a douche.

Hopefully your car gets repaired correctly and doesn't have any frame or suspension damage.

Oh, and edit: It's always pissed me off that YOU have to pay the deductible when it isn't your fault. How does that make sense? This douche goes and hits you and now not only are you out of your car for who knows how long, but you're also out of your deductible. Sure, they'll just take it out of your check, but still you'll ultimately be paying it unless you either A) find a shady shop to do the work or do the work yourself, or B) find good deals on OEM parts or buy aftermarket. I say make the douche pay your deductible, that's how it should work.

Last edited by Done Deal DR; 11-12-2008 at 03:05 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:03 PM
fahrenheit350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What did the person that hit you have to say? admit fault, blame you or didn't say anything?
Old 11-12-2008, 03:08 PM
JThrasher619

i think the SUV is making an illegal turn anyway. correct me if im wrong but you can only turn right from where she's at. take the video to court if it comes to it but after you show them this it shouldn't..
Old 11-12-2008, 03:11 PM
Asian Invasian

Why would you have to pay the deductible? I was hit in my old civic and payed 0 out of my pocket when I had like a 250 deductible.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:15 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by kevincat
all this and i still gotta pay 750 for deductible.
Why?
Old 11-12-2008, 03:17 PM
kevincat

ok here is more info sorry for leaving it out at first.

it was a guy driving the white suv. it was also a man driving the brown suv. so this was what i got when i got out to talk.

the man in the brown suv was letting the guy in the white suv out. he was waving to say it was safe. and then he said he saw my car so he honk at the guy in the white suv. but it was too late.

so then i approach the guy in the brown suv to see whats up and he started to pour blame on me because he know it was 90% his fault for not looking carefully before letting the white suv out. he said i was speeding up so fast that he coulnt see me. and his passenger which i think is his daughter, she started to say that i was speeding. but she was the passenger which i doubt she even see anything. they were gaining up on me and stuff but i kept it cool cause i know i got it on video.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:20 PM
kevincat

Originally Posted by davidv
Why?
well i dont really know. the car is not under my name. everything is under my brother's name. so i let him talk with them tomorrow.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:23 PM
davidv

ok here is more info sorry for leaving it out at first.

it was a guy driving the white suv. it was also a man driving the brown suv. so this was what i got when i got out to talk.

the man in the brown suv was letting the guy in the white suv out. he was waving to say it was safe. and then he said he saw my car so he honk at the guy in the white suv. but it was too late.

so then i approach the guy in the brown suv to see whats up and he started to pour blame on me because he know it was 90% his fault for not looking carefully before letting the white suv out. he said i was speeding up so fast that he coulnt see me. and his passenger which i think is his daughter, she started to say that i was speeding. but she was the passenger which i doubt she even see anything. they were gaining up on me and stuff but i kept it cool cause i know i got it on video.
The white SUV hit you car. Anything else is irrelevant.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:24 PM
kenmoto

not your fault.....
Old 11-12-2008, 03:26 PM
SSZVirginia

No deductible if the SUV's insurance ponies up...Did you file a police report?
Old 11-12-2008, 03:27 PM
davidv

well i dont really know. the car is not under my name. everything is under my brother's name. so i let him talk with them tomorrow.
Got it. Its not your car.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:29 PM
Raymmmmond

yeah man ur video is worth more then all their words. i wouldnt worry
Old 11-12-2008, 03:33 PM
Blooster

The camera's a great idea, Kevincat - congratZ on being smart

I say you had the right-of-way and the suv advanced blindly - without having a clear view of oncoming traffic (you).
Old 11-12-2008, 03:37 PM
dmus

man sorry about the accident. must feel helpless when u saw that bumper coming at you. dont stress about it, u are in the right hands down, no questions asked..check back in to let us know the update on the outcome of this matter
Old 11-12-2008, 03:38 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

.... he waved the white suv out because he thought it was clear....
Attention people - this is exactly why you NEVER wave somebody out or let somebody wave you out into traffic. You're trusting your life/property to somebody else's judgement.

The only negative I see for you is that your video doesn't show speed, etc. on the screen. I'm not sure how much "proof" you really have unless you have some kind of time line on the video.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Dash cam is Gangsterrrr...

The video shows the SUV clearly crossing a double yellow and driving on the opposite side of the road. He is gonna get the book thrown at him.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:40 PM
crazydelicious

Originally Posted by SSZVirginia
No deductible if the SUV's insurance ponies up...Did you file a police report?
+1

Hopefully you did. Like previously stated by others you really have nothing to worry about. The white SUV is negligent by accepting some guy telling him to pull out into a road where he can't see a clear path. You were traveling down that road and have the right of way.

Even if you didn't file a police report you luckily have video evidence to back up your side. File with that guy's insurance provider. When the adjuster speaks with you don't even second guess yourself like you did in your original post. Depending on your state laws they may try and rule it a contributory accident. The video clearly shows this isn't the case. I'm a claims adjuster, so feel free to PM if you have any other questions.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:45 PM
kevincat

i did filed a police report. hopefully the other guy insurance will pay deductible

Quick Reply: got in an accident today video inside