Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

got in an accident today video inside

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 03:45 PM
CRIDDA

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, after reviewing the video a few times. I will say the SUV is 100% at fault. You entered the turn lane at the appropriate time(where the dashes are) at a reasonable rate of speed. The driver of the SUV assumed that because the driver of the other vehicle waved her over, that she was free to go across all lanes, therefor continuing to make her turn causing an accident. There is no doubt who is at fault in this accident.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:50 PM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Tac-M
dud ! you have a video ! you are not at fault ! and you are NOT speeding !
+1000
Old 11-12-2008, 03:50 PM
crazydelicious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kevincat
i did filed a police report. hopefully the other guy insurance will pay deductible
If the other guy's insurance (which they will) accepts liability then they will pay for total costs of repair and even owe you a rental while vehicle is being fixed. You won't have to worry about your deductible.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:51 PM
dmus

[QUOTE] Attention people - this is exactly why you NEVER wave somebody out or let somebody wave you out into traffic. You're trusting your life/property to somebody else's judgement.

^^ the truth there. sometimes people nicely gesture to me that its clear and i can pull out full swoop, but i always have my doubts and edge out in front that person's car and keep moving out slowly to double check for reassurance. cuz boy if i pull out like that and cause a collision i know i wud be in the wrong. pisses me off that he even cops an attitute with you when he is clearly wrong.

Last edited by dmus; 11-12-2008 at 03:53 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:56 PM
06blueZ

A few years ago i was seriously planning out a car pc... never developed though. I think this vid has re-sparked my interest! too cool on the video evidence, but sorry about the accident...

OP are you on mp3car.com? Im sure some of the guys over there would like to see how your carputer has helped you in this situation!
Old 11-12-2008, 03:58 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
Attention people - this is exactly why you NEVER wave somebody out or let somebody wave you out into traffic. You're trusting your life/property to somebody else's judgement.

The only negative I see for you is that your video doesn't show speed, etc. on the screen. I'm not sure how much "proof" you really have unless you have some kind of time line on the video.
I doubt if speed is a factor. In other words if you are in the right-of-way it is not your obligation to prove that you were “not” speeding.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:58 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i have a carputer system. i also installed a dash cam. so its always recording when im driving. just in case things like this happen or when i get a ticket for speeding. i can show the cop i wasnt speeding.
That's cool as hell!

I'd love to put something like that in my car.

You were not at fault. You can laugh in anyone's face who is trying to blame you for speeding or something, since you have the incident on video.

Good move!
Old 11-12-2008, 04:06 PM
06z33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car was rear ended by an MTA bus about a year ago. Got a police report and everything was cool (except for the fact that the mta wanted to make me pay for half of the damages). Just go through your insurance and pay your deductible, then your insurance will deal with everything and you will recieve your deductible back. In my case my insurance had to sue the MTA (and won obviously) and then I got my deductible back.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:12 PM
kevincat

Originally Posted by 06blueZ
A few years ago i was seriously planning out a car pc... never developed though. I think this vid has re-sparked my interest! too cool on the video evidence, but sorry about the accident...

OP are you on mp3car.com? Im sure some of the guys over there would like to see how your carputer has helped you in this situation!
hhaha yeah i was planning on showing off my system when i finished with it (8months ago) but was too lazy. ive been on mp3car for like a year now. didnt thought that it was cool or anything.

the police was being as *** though. i told him i have a video of what happen and he was like "SIR i think already know what happen and i dont need to see the video because it WONT tell me exactly what happen." then i toldd him again after he wrote the report and he finally did look at it. his face was like and then walked away. really wish he would look at the video before he made the report
Old 11-12-2008, 04:18 PM
nothix

all this and i still gotta pay 750 for deductible. what a ghey day.

i used the ps2 eye cam.
wow I have one of those laying around somewhere, how about a DIY??!

PS you are definitely not at fault, that video is gonna make this pretty simple
Old 11-12-2008, 04:21 PM
nothix

hhaha yeah i was planning on showing off my system when i finished with it (8months ago) but was too lazy. ive been on mp3car for like a year now. didnt thought that it was cool or anything.

the police was being as *** though. i told him i have a video of what happen and he was like "SIR i think already know what happen and i dont need to see the video because it WONT tell me exactly what happen." then i toldd him again after he wrote the report and he finally did look at it. his face was like and then walked away. really wish he would look at the video before he made the report
as long as you have it for court you're fine
Old 11-12-2008, 04:22 PM
gStatus

How is a video not going to show you exactly what happen? What a douche

Oh, and pretty cool havin a cam on you at all times

Last edited by gStatus; 11-12-2008 at 04:24 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:25 PM
kevincat

i guess the police thought that i recorded with my phone or something i doubt he expected a dash cam.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:27 PM
avandss

In canada that would be an illegal left turn. The white truck is crossing the solid yellow lines!!

Even if its not illegal the cam shows that you where obviously not going light speed, with the video the white truck has NOTHING on you,

Btw when you say the ganged up on you, its because they know they are 1000000% at fault, idiots
Your car is no longer a virgin, fix and sell!!
Old 11-12-2008, 04:30 PM
UnFairLady Z

happen too my dad.other persons fault
Old 11-12-2008, 04:33 PM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First off, the reason the brown SUV guy didn't see you was probably because he waved the white SUV on before you pulled into the turn lane. By then, it was too late. You should have told the moron that you're NEVER supposed to wave people on. You should also tell the other idiot that you should NEVER trust the person who is waving you on. Neither of them are traffic instructors and neither have the right to say when it is ok to go. They are both idiots and admitted it to you in what they said.

Not only that, but your video shows no proof that you WERE speeding (innocent until proven guilty) and you did nothing outside of the law that I could see.

You should be 100% fine and I certainly hope the morons in the SUVs learn the rules of the road.

Sorry about your ride, but that dash cam is seriously an awesome idea. Good luck to you (you won't need it).
Old 11-12-2008, 04:35 PM
Red04350Z

The good thing is that your ok and you got a video

Gonzo
Old 11-12-2008, 04:36 PM
gStatus

i guess the police thought that i recorded with my phone or something i doubt he expected a dash cam.
I guess, but he could have asked before making the assumption..
Old 11-12-2008, 04:42 PM
stein

Originally Posted by davidv
OK I have to ask. Who and why would anyone film their own accident?
I use to have a camera mounted in my celica, mostly because I had one driver speed off after hitting me. Everything happen so fast I didn't get his plate nor could I turn around to go after him.

Op, you're 100% not at fault! Send that video to your ins if the SUVs ins denies the claim. You will not have to pay anything out of your pocket!
Old 11-12-2008, 05:10 PM
jray8

Originally Posted by JZurita
You had the right of way. No need to worry.
+10

Quick Reply: got in an accident today video inside