Old 11-12-2008, 10:49 PM
samjcg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

darn, i was hour late.. i want to see the vid
good luck tomorrow
Old 11-12-2008, 11:08 PM
black06z

Need to see video for more detail, but from that still shot, you had the right of way. This should go in your favor, if the insurance is handling it properly. That's a very risky left turn, going against a turning lane with a solid line with a vehicle blocking the view.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:10 PM
hiz-n-herz

I'd ask SOZ to remove that still as well, until this is settled...

That still paints a completely different story than the vid.

https://my350z.com/forum/6549263-post65.html

I'd definitely file a claim against my ins company. Not doing so might imply you feel remorse or guilt. If it's not your fault, they should not raise your rates. If they are with a reputable company, they will not raise your rates.

It's their job to insure you and to represent you. They go against the other company so you don't have to. That's what you pay them for.

I'd let them know you have an evidentiary video of the accident that you'll present to them if they need additional evidence for the case.

You don't want them to settle with the other company without considering that vid. They may reach a settlement without seeking your approval or disaproval before-hand. Be careful of your wording too... Tell them that the white SUV STRUCK your vehicle. (Clearly it did in the video). Don't say "He pulled out in front of me and I hit him - that implies you are at fault) You can say your cars colllided, but that might imply joint responsibility. Don't worry so much about wording with your ins company - disclose everything to them. Tell them how the driver of the brown SUV said they waved them through.

If the other ins company calls you (white SUV) don't speak with them about the accident. You might say the wrong thing.

My disclaimer is that I am not a lawyer, therefor I am essentially talking out of my a$$, I just analyze the **** out of everything - my wife will agree ;-) . I have been around the block a few times.

Good luck my z-brother. Update the thread after fault has been detemined.

Don't worry though, i think you are golden given the circumstances.

Last edited by hiz-n-herz; 11-12-2008 at 11:15 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:10 AM
crazydelicious

Originally Posted by hiz-n-herz
If the other ins company calls you (white SUV) don't speak with them about the accident. You might say the wrong thing.
If you are wanting the white SUV's insurance to pay for the damage I'd advise you to speak with them. Just tell them exactly what happened. If you allow your insurance to pay for the damage and subrogate back against his it may take a while to recover your collision deductible.

Do you have a copy of the actual police report that is turned into the DMV? It'll have codes on it listing what contributed to the accident.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:30 AM
SSZVirginia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am curious about viewing a scenario similar to this from the other way. Say LEO does respond and there is a question as to who is at fault? If he notices the camera, can the video be confiscated/subpoenaed and used against you like an event recorder in cars?
Old 11-13-2008, 04:52 AM
Polo08816
Banned

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
Attention people - this is exactly why you NEVER wave somebody out or let somebody wave you out into traffic. You're trusting your life/property to somebody else's judgement.

The only negative I see for you is that your video doesn't show speed, etc. on the screen. I'm not sure how much "proof" you really have unless you have some kind of time line on the video.
1. His speed doesn't matter. He had the right-of-way so the other driver is at fault.
2. Even if he did have a speed reading it wouldn't matter because in order for it to be relevant the speedometer of the car would need to be calibrated and certified.
3. If you really wanted to figure out, you can derive speed from the video as long as you're sure the video has not been sped up or slowed down.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:48 AM
kevincat

ok i got the report and here is the police statement:

'unit 1 was coming out of the circle k parking lot onto cottage hill rd intending to turn left and go eastbound. the witness was at the redlight at cottage hill and dawes in front of the circle k. he wave unit 1 out giving him the impression that it was clear. as unit 1 came out unit 2 (me)who was driving westbound on cottage hill struck unit 1.'

both of the white suv, witness and cop said that i hit the other car.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:53 AM
Rocky2

Well you did...but only cause he turned improperly at the wrong time when he did not have the right away.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:55 AM
SSZVirginia

Any word from insurance yet?
Old 11-13-2008, 11:59 AM
CRIDDA

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok I work for an insurance company(I am a manager), and I will tell you once again that they are 100% at fault. Take it for ehat you want, but you are in no way at fault for this accident.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:00 PM
kevincat

one of the insurance people is coming out tomorrow to assess the damage. and they will do an investigation so i let you guys know.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:26 PM
Strider619

Old 11-14-2008, 05:04 PM
crazydelicious

What was the word from the insurance guy?
Old 11-14-2008, 05:47 PM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

in for the ruling and vid...
Old 11-14-2008, 07:19 PM
kevincat

ok so insurance called and said that the other side didnt admit fault. and they say it was mine.
so now they gave me 2 option

1. let them send me a check to fix my car (dont know how much yet), my insurance will go up and i got to pay 750 deductible. they will still continue investigation and if it end up being the other guy's fault then insurance doesnt go up. deductible non refundable.

2. wait for the result of the investigation and they pay for everything including deductible. and insurance doesnt go up unless my fault.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:39 PM
Polo08816
Banned

Originally Posted by Rocky2
Well you did...but only cause he turned improperly at the wrong time when he did not have the right away.
+1.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:14 PM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The police report clearly shows that you were on a through street and he was coming out of a parking lot. His fault. End of story.

Send the police report to your insurance company and tell them exactly what happened. I don't know if I'd send them the video, but tell them that you have one if it becomes necessary. I'd never file the claim on your own insurance. That is crazy. It is not your fault and the other guy's insurance needs to pay out for him.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:36 AM
yogipower

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kevincat
ok here is more info sorry for leaving it out at first.

it was a guy driving the white suv. it was also a man driving the brown suv. so this was what i got when i got out to talk.

the man in the brown suv was letting the guy in the white suv out. he was waving to say it was safe. and then he said he saw my car so he honk at the guy in the white suv. but it was too late.

so then i approach the guy in the brown suv to see whats up and he started to pour blame on me because he know it was 90% his fault for not looking carefully before letting the white suv out. he said i was speeding up so fast that he coulnt see me. and his passenger which i think is his daughter, she started to say that i was speeding. but she was the passenger which i doubt she even see anything. they were gaining up on me and stuff but i kept it cool cause i know i got it on video.

I like how you did to them, u dont have to talk to anybody with that
specially stupid daughter.

I hope everything will turn out good and hope u get your money from them soon too.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:10 AM
crazydelicious

updates?
Old 11-18-2008, 11:27 AM
kevincat

the other insurance company wont admit fault so now my company is going to take legal action against them

man this crap is taking longer than i expected.

Quick Reply: got in an accident today video inside