2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Free or cheap mods

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 05:43 PM
DiscoLiveOpera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is that smart? You still live at home, you have no job.. you have an expensive car.. and i am guessing that at your age the best jobs youll get are minimal wage.. did your parents out right buy it cash or are their payments? You will have insurance, and for your age its allot.

An if something breaks, you just put yourself in a hole. It is going to take you longer to move out, once you do, you are not going to have that much money, not to use my self as an example, but I saved up for years for the car, and even after a 5k down, I still had plenty, so I still had a ton of money to live and do a ton of ****. Most of your money is going to go into your car, an that is why most kids don't get pricey cars, they can not afford it yet. They go in debt. You will have hard times, but most kids don't listen.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:47 PM
isktarum

holy shizt dude. At age 15, the only thing i was modding was my bicycle.

Drive your new Z for a while first to appreciate it, and save up some money while doing so, then think about modding it...
Old 12-28-2008, 05:49 PM
wyoz

Originally Posted by KPierson
Check out www.KPtechnologies.com

Lots of mods under $100 -

For example, the KPtechnologies NM20 Nissan Window Module - only $49.99 - allows you to raise the windows from the OEM remote. Something cheap AND useful!

Way to plant a seed to rip the kid off. He should not even have a Z, let alone spend 50 bucks to be able to raise the windows with his remote - not really a useful thing, just a cool little gadget and about the last thing he should spend his money on.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:52 PM
ballin4money3

I'm baffled by the corrupt minds of forum users now-a-days. I bet more than half of you don't even live where it's legal to drive at 15, yet you're challenging the thought of it. Where I'm from, you see just as many seniors and mid-lifers wreck as you would children. The only crashes i hear about with kids involves drinking or totin' on green. So Marcus, do you shred jagerbombs or blaze dro? If no, then you should be fine.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Marcus93

Originally Posted by DiscoLiveOpera
Is that smart? You still live at home, you have no job.. you have an expensive car.. and i am guessing that at your age the best jobs youll get are minimal wage.. did your parents out right buy it cash or are their payments? You will have insurance, and for your age its allot.

An if something breaks, you just put yourself in a hole. It is going to take you longer to move out, once you do, you are not going to have that much money, not to use my self as an example, but I saved up for years for the car, and even after a 5k down, I still had plenty, so I still had a ton of money to live and do a ton of ****. Most of your money is going to go into your car, an that is why most kids don't get pricey cars, they can not afford it yet. They go in debt. You will have hard times, but most kids don't listen.

Well I don't pay insurance nor do I pay the car payment. The agreement I have with my parents is that I pay for upkeep and gas. If I even get a ticket or in any type of accident the car automatically gets taken away and I have to find a way to buy my own car. And I'm 15 I'm not planning on moving out anytime soon.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:54 PM
wyoz

Originally Posted by Marcus93
Why is that a joke? I can see that as a feasible way to make some money, since I can't get a job for a few for more months.
The joke is in the irony that you would probably be selling things your parents/family bought for you to fund a car bought for you. But, like I said, your 15 and probably do not get it!
Old 12-28-2008, 06:01 PM
DiscoLiveOpera

Your parents pay for your insurance? No wonder kids are not ready for the real world..

Oh, and allot of people seem to have a cop problem, i know I do. A cop will pull you over for the dumbest reasons, and will look for any reason to get you a ticket. my boss had a Z and he drove from home to work which was about an hour each day, got pulled over at least twice a week, just because it is a fast car. being a child, you are prime meat.

Last edited by DiscoLiveOpera; 12-28-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:02 PM
ballin4money3

Your parents pay for your insurance? No wonder kids are not ready for the real world..

You're saying if you were offered free insurance from your parents, you wouldn't take it?
Old 12-28-2008, 06:06 PM
Marcus93

Originally Posted by ballin4money3
You're saying if you were offered free insurance from your parents, you wouldn't take it?
+1
Old 12-28-2008, 06:08 PM
DiscoLiveOpera

Didn't you already ask some one about them getting a free car and if they would take it?

Sure I would, but that is not how the world works.

+1

thats funny
Old 12-28-2008, 06:11 PM
Marcus93

Didn't you already ask some one about them getting a free car and if they would take it?

Sure I would, but that is not how the world works.

+1

thats funny
Well that is how it works for me. You don't get all the stipulations and agreements I have with my father to have this car. I literally have a 10 page contract I have to keep in my glovebox at all times.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:26 PM
DiscoLiveOpera

I am only 21 so I am not old, but no one I know ever had stuff like that just handed to them.

I guess I can fall into the same "kid" boat as you to some members here, but the only difference between us besides 6 years is I worked my whole life to get what I have. My car insurance is 300 a month so about 1/3rd of one of my pay stubs to the car, not for mods but just because of some tickets I got when I was 18, for going 35 in a 30. Yes, stupid kid.

But Z33 owners are going to have to get use to children getting their cars, as they get cheaper and parents either buy them for their kids as presents or the kid throws all his money into it. But like some one said, as the demographic goes to younger people, the view of the Z will go with it, and it will be known as that car that teenage girls drive to be fast and cute and ricers love to screw with.

So Z33 owners will have to live with it, or move to the 370z.

Now that people know I am 21 I will probably join your club. Although I think that there is a big difference between 15 and 21, as far as maturity and living goes.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:35 PM
dmplaya786

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

give the kid a break hes just here looking for some ideas for his new car....
The following users liked this post:
350ZXLR (04-09-2021)
Old 12-28-2008, 06:39 PM
WTX350Z

mental age matters much more than physical age to me. I know a cpl of my friends (28 and 30)...that are mentally 15....

anywho, to the kid w/ the car. keep your money for gas. don't mod. learn how to drive...then think about mods. (drivers education by the state doesn't count as learning how to drive).

HPDE is worth saving up for. get as much wheel time as possible in controlled environments. DO NOT do things to impress your friends. DO NOT street race. DO NOT try to top out your car for a year +...(after attending some HPDE events and ONLY on a track).

I'm speaking from experience here. I've been there done that. I've done some stupid **** and I'm lucky to be alive. I still have friends dieing and killing others because they haven't learned they should keep it on the track.

oh yeah and I don't give a flying **** how old you are DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE !

off

Last edited by WTX350Z; 12-28-2008 at 06:43 PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:40 PM
Marcus93

I am only 21 so I am not old, but no one I know ever had stuff like that just handed to them.

I guess I can fall into the same "kid" boat as you to some members here, but the only difference between us besides 6 years is I worked my whole life to get what I have. My car insurance is 300 a month so about 1/3rd of one of my pay stubs to the car, not for mods but just because of some tickets I got when I was 18, for going 35 in a 30. Yes, stupid kid.

But Z33 owners are going to have to get use to children getting their cars, as they get cheaper and parents either buy them for their kids as presents or the kid throws all his money into it. But like some one said, as the demographic goes to younger people, the view of the Z will go with it, and it will be known as that car that teenage girls drive to be fast and cute and ricers love to screw with.

So Z33 owners will have to live with it, or move to the 370z.

Now that people know I am 21 I will probably join your club. Although I think that there is a big difference between 15 and 21, as far as maturity and living goes.
Of course there is a big difference you are out of school. You have a steady job. You aren't living at home. I can't move out, I'm still going to school, and I can't get a real job.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:45 PM
chopperman

Marcus has a valid point...

Disco it sounds like you are fighting a losing battle against a 15 year old. His parents wanted to buy the car for him so they did. Its not the kids fault. This kid actually sounds somewhat responsible and smart. What I find funny is that when there are a couple of popular members who rank on teenagers then the whole forum jumps on the bandwagon. I feel that alot of members "try" to act like others so they can get reconginzed.

I'm just trying to say that many teenagers shouldn't deserve the car but then there are some others who do.
The following users liked this post:
350ZXLR (04-09-2021)
Old 12-28-2008, 07:42 PM
super_undftd

all these people are just jealous that they couldnt get a 350z when they were younger
Old 12-28-2008, 08:21 PM
*ICE*

Marcus, listen to everyone here go easy with the car when you get your license. I almost killed myself few years ago but thank god and grandparents for looking out on my shoulder i made it out fine, but the car does not.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:17 PM
konaforever

Originally Posted by super_undftd
all these people are just jealous that they couldnt get a 350z when they were younger
Nice first post.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:35 PM
SniperHunter

Bah. Young people aren't just driving Zs. It's amazing how many 16, 17, 18 year olds are on the BMW and etc. forums. It's the way of the rich world.

*writes out and signs yet another $375 check for his car*

Quick Reply: Free or cheap mods