Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Buyer Beware!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 09:23 AM
SV1098

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Highway Riding
good luck man.. In for the results bro.. Sux to see stuff like this happen..
thanks man. I'm sure in the end it will work out regardless. People work to hard for there money. Especially in these times. Nobody should have to feal like they are being screwed over.
I work in the private aviation industry: My tickets items are 5-6 figure purchases daily. If I ever gave this type of customer service, I would be out of business.

Last edited by SV1098; 03-25-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:23 AM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by blue350zed
I think you should call George at Chargespeed. Seems as though Strafe has done everything they can.
+1, why wouldnt you at least try their suggestion to get this problem resolved? to lazy to call? i dont understand.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:24 AM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i do see what strafe is saying though, this is not a oem product so i mean u really cant expect a 100% perfect fit and there are plenty of shops to make it fit and they do have that listed about the fiberglass products and everyone knows this about fiberglass...but i truly would expect a better fit than that and at least something that bolts up and is close and not going to harm anything or crack anything on my car or even crack the bumper itself...

good luck op i am in for the results of this but yes some judgment a little early as chargespeed needs to be contacted

Last edited by tylerxfire; 03-25-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:24 AM
StrafeAuto
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cliffrlp
Sure I agree, the body shop happens. So who do you take your TV back to if it's defective? Best Buy or Sony?

I mean it's that simple...Again, I'm not here to flame a vendor. But if you look at it from a consumers view...HE did business with YOU. YOU did business with CHARGESPEED. Yet now, even with whatever money Strafe made...they have kindly stepped out and said contact Chargespeed. If that's the case, why don't we just order from Chargespeed? That's all i'm getting at.
Cause we like other vendors get discounts to sell at a better price when you buy directly you pay their full price. Check vendors policies and Company policies on returns and you will see we all are about the same is refunds or FITMENT of Fiberglass Products.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:25 AM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If you buy a Sony TV at Best Buy and it's defective within the 30 day policy...do you go to Sony or Best Buy? I mean it's not Best Buy's "product"... they just sell it.
Pretty sure we all would go to Best Buy.

So he buys something from Strafe...it's defective, he went to strafe. Either way, hope things work out for both parties.

But I +1 on a different body shop...that shiz does happen.
its all depends. ive purchased electronics in the last few years which come with a disclaimer to not return this product to the store you purchased from but rather contact them directly for any issues.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:26 AM
StrafeAuto
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by davidv
Note to self: no body kit will be a perfect fit. Be prepared for additional charges by the shop to “tweak” the kit for proper fit.
True Statement right there.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:29 AM
cliffrlp

Originally Posted by Nexx
its all depends. ive purchased electronics in the last few years which come with a disclaimer to not return this product to the store you purchased from but rather contact them directly for any issues.
I think we can agree the majority of products electronic retailers sell don't have that disclaimer. Sure, they're may be 15...but out of the whole inventory I wouldn't consider that a small percentage.

Sure, it all depends...i'm just stating what I think the OP is trying to get at. He spent $1000 w/ strafe, so strafe should take care of it. Not him. That's all...He's allowed to be lazy when he make the purchase...Strafe made money off of this deal, not him. He shouldn't work to spend his own money lol

Granted I will say again I +1 the other body shop idea...Because I know that happens. Happened to me before as well...
Old 03-25-2010, 09:40 AM
gregtotheb

+1 take it to another shop, for a second opinion.

Last edited by gregtotheb; 03-25-2010 at 09:43 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:42 AM
zerafian

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I might have missed it but is this bumper authentic or replica?

Even my authentic Chargespeed V2 bumper needed a little work, heres a few links. Not like what your showing but still some body filler and a little grinding needed. Only difference is I bought mine through vividracing

edit:scratch that last sentence

Last edited by zerafian; 03-25-2010 at 10:14 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:44 AM
gregtotheb

^^its authentic.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:50 AM
zerafian

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

well then wtf^^Fitment should be just as good as what ya seen in my links above. Im not sure whats going on while its trying to be installed but theres no possible reason why it should look like that.

As much as I like to blaim the vendor you honestly would have to talk with the makers of the kit, whatever company makes chargespeed.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:52 AM
lemansz20
Banned

Sorry, but being a business owner myself I have to agree with the company. They have kept open communication, ALLLLLLLLLLLL they asked which everyone seems to be forgetting and ESPECIALLY YOU SV1098, is you need to contact chargespeed. What is seriously wrong with you, contact the manufacturer so they can approve the vendor to send out a new product.

I dont know what thread the people that are agreeing with SV are reading, but its obvioulsy not this one. The vendor said to call chargespeed and express the concern and what should be done next. All this SV guy has done is complain and say hes a hard worker, blah blah blah, CALL CHARGESPEED!!!!! I think you should be banned until you provide proof that you have spoken with chargespeed, bc its people like you that try to seem like you are powerless, when the vendor has simply asked you to call the manufacturer.

I will not tell you goodluck, b/c I do not share any sentiment for someone to lazy to call the manufacturer before trying to give a bad name to a company.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:02 AM
MarvinMartian

OP is boned.

Last edited by MarvinMartian; 03-25-2010 at 10:03 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:09 AM
ekelly36

Well I know who not to buy anything from. If you sell a product it doesnt matter who made it, you are still responsible. When you sell a product to someone they should know everything before purchasing it not a month later. I have bought several body kits (fiberglass) and NEVER had any fitment issues. OP you got screwed, I would get a lawyer... most times all it takes is a letter from a lawyer to these places. It puts them in the position of either paying thousands if not tens of thousands for a legal dispute or a couple hundred to replace the defective product. It may cost you a little for a lawyer to write the letter but right now its the principle of the matter.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:40 AM
JEKL

If you buy a Sony TV at Best Buy and it's defective within the 30 day policy...do you go to Sony or Best Buy? I mean it's not Best Buy's "product"... they just sell it.
Pretty sure we all would go to Best Buy.
My wife bought a trampoline for my daughter that said do not return to vendor but contact the maker of the product. That is the only time I have ever seen that in my life. Had I seen that I would never had purchased it.

If you sell the product, it is your responsibility if you sold me a POS.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:45 AM
MarvinMartian

Originally Posted by lemansz20
SV1098, is you need to contact chargespeed. What is seriously wrong with you, contact the manufacturer so they can approve the vendor to send out a new product.
. . .
I will not tell you goodluck, b/c I do not share any sentiment for someone to lazy to call the manufacturer before trying to give a bad name to a company.

George has already proclaimed the bumper is fine:

Hey Vincent,

I spoke to George at Chargespeed, (310) 885-5788

He told me that the bumper is designed to bolt up 100% to oem specifications, and that the fitment error is due to either a collision or some other type of frame damage.

OP won't get any satisfaction from George.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:49 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Sounds like George may be able to review the pics and inform the body shop what needs to be done. Sorry, even authentic expensive pieces need some work. What davidv said holds true.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:54 AM
cliffrlp

Originally Posted by JEKL
My wife bought a trampoline for my daughter that said do not return to vendor but contact the maker of the product. That is the only time I have ever seen that in my life. Had I seen that I would never had purchased it.

If you sell the product, it is your responsibility if you sold me a POS.
Agreed.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:10 AM
duro78

op I cant understand why he cant call chargespeed anything after is really mute until that step has been taken depending on what they say. If chargespeed takes the view that every other one fit thats weak on there part there are so many variables involved in the process theres no possible way every bumper they make is 100% even oem doesnt have a 100% fitment rate but QA assures that part wont make it on the car..If they take the view it never happened b4 so they wont take responsibility the vendor should consider dropping them. In the vendors defense policy's are there for a reason and its the purchasers responsibility to educate themselves of what they are b4 hand especially with that type of $. Op goodluck

Last edited by duro78; 03-25-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:17 AM
TPete19

Look, aftermarket body kits will never fit 100% perfectly. Anyone that has ever installed them knows that to get a 100% perfect fit, you'll need to do a little massaging. Even if a kit fits like an OEM piece, anyone with "show cars" would still modify it to fit better. The pictures you posted look like an easy fix and your body shop is either being lazy or you just don't want to spend the extra money. Anywhere you look to buy fiberglass pieces from will tell you (and you have to read the fine print) that fitment isn't going to be dead-on. Strafe isn't in the wrong. They have contacted the manufacturer, kept all communication open with you and Chargespeed, and even gave you next steps. And for the "get a lawyer" response, don't bother. If you go to court and reveal that you haven't done what was asked of you, you will laughed out the door.

We can all see that you just don't want to spend any money because you're complaining about not getting an expired sale price. If you really were so experienced in customizing, you would know the work it takes.

Quick Reply: Buyer Beware!