Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

17-year-old male killed in fatal 350Z crash

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 03:34 PM
HDPDZO6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Goin' Sidewayz!
I disagree. To "deserve" something means that you "should" have it. This was a young kid simply being a young kid. This is the type of **** they do. Essentially, all you're saying is that this kid "should" die because of his actions. That's a pretty disgusting statement to make considering we've all been young and stupid at some point in our life. This kid isn't different from any of us.
Wow... Simply amazing!!!

We agree, for once.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Goin' Sidewayz!

Originally Posted by HDPDZO6
Wow... Simply amazing!!!

We agree, for once.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:17 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I disagree. To "deserve" something means that you "should" have it. This was a young kid simply being a young kid. This is the type of **** they do. Essentially, all you're saying is that this kid "should" die because of his actions. That's a pretty disgusting statement to make considering we've all been young and stupid at some point in our life. This kid isn't different from any of us.
So basically you're saying people shouldn't be responsible for their own actions, regardless of the consequences. I can be young and stupid, do anything I want and don't need to be concerned about what happens to me and anybody I come in contact with. By extension, I don't "deserve" to die, therefore nothing so bad should happen to me. Unfortunately, real life doesn't work that way.

BTW - note that I didn't make the declaration that he deserved to die. In fact I asked the rhetorical question and answered that I didn't know.

I'm only stating the obvious of actions and consequences.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:21 PM
phreaktor
¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Edit: Lame post...

Last edited by phreaktor; 06-09-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Goin' Sidewayz!

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
So basically you're saying people shouldn't be responsible for their own actions, regardless of the consequences. I can be young and stupid, do anything I want and don't need to be concerned about what happens to me and anybody I come in contact with. By extension, I don't "deserve" to die, therefore nothing so bad should happen to me. Unfortunately, real life doesn't work that way.

BTW - note that I didn't make the declaration that he deserved to die. In fact I asked the rhetorical question and answered that I didn't know.

I'm only stating the obvious of actions and consequences.
I'm not saying that young kids shouldn't be held responsible for their actions. How did you figure that from my comment? The consequences of one's actions aren't always what they "deserved." Yes, this kid was being irresponsible, but I don't see how his actions warranted death as the "deserved" punishment. I was simply pointing out that is someone "deserves" something, it means that they "should" have it. So effectively, everyone who has said that he deserved to die is saying that this kid should die.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:34 PM
phreaktor
¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Semantics...
Old 06-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Goin' Sidewayz!

Originally Posted by phreaktor
Semantics...
Uhh, no. Either half the members here are terrible people, or had a poor choice in words when commenting in this thread. I believe it to be the former.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:37 PM
beast66

its great how everyone says how 17 yr olds dont think and cant handle this car. I got my Z at 17 I am now 21 and the car is still lookng good. I have a friend with an is250 and he has been so close to killing himself. Its not the car its the driver.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:11 PM
billsrcursed

Uhh, no. Either half the members here are terrible people, or had a poor choice in words when commenting in this thread. I believe it to be the former.
If he'd have taken out a child during this wreck, would he then have deserved to die?

Would it be more PC to say, "he got what was coming to him"?

I'm not promoting either, just curious as to what "the other side of the fence" thinks...
Old 06-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Goin' Sidewayz!

Originally Posted by billsrcursed
If he'd have taken out a child during this wreck, would he then have deserved to die?
Absolutely not!

Would it be more PC to say, "he got what was coming to him"?
I don't care what anyone says. If they say one thing I don't agree with, I'll call them out on it. Most people I think just don't think that hard before they post. Whereas, had they given it some thought, things would've been different. I'm not gonna call anyone out (regardless of what my previous posts might have said). It just seems like a lot of people here are brain dead and as a result, don't think that much.

I'm not promoting either, just curious as to what "the other side of the fence" thinks...
Well, those are my honest thoughts.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketCoffin
What 17 year old DESERVES to die?
The ones that post here: https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-n...ebate-148.html
Old 06-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
So basically you're saying people shouldn't be responsible for their own actions, regardless of the consequences.
And those people are for universal health care.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Goin' Sidewayz!

^

fail
Old 06-09-2010, 09:04 PM
Wu-Watt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This whole thread is a FAIL. It should be deleted.
A young kid died in an accident. No one knows what exactly happened.
No one knows what kind of a kid he was.
Therefore, the only comments imo that are appropriate are offerings of condolences, and solutions to the problem of young men dieing on the roadways.
Everyone else go talk crap on YouTube or something. Theres alot of Mustang vids to hate on.

Last edited by Wu-Watt; 06-09-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:23 PM
Goin' Sidewayz!

Originally Posted by Wu-Watt
A young kid died in an accident. No one knows what exactly what happened.
No one knows what kind of a kid he was.
Therefore, the only comments imo that are appropriate are offerings of condolences, and solutions to the problem of young men dieing on the roadways.
Everyone else go talk crap on YouTube or something. Theres alot of Mustang vids to hate on.
Ya. Rustangs are for f4gs. Ford sucks.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:07 PM
chewonyou

Darwin award for another individual.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:12 AM
1GR8350Z

How is this "simply being a young kid?" He was acting like an idiot. I am laughing at the "a dog could have ran out in front of him" and any similar crap. Look at the damage to that car. If he would have been going anywhere near the speed limit in a residential area, that car would not look like that. Period. There are levels of stupid. In my case I have never been hauling tail in a residential area.

I'm not saying that young kids shouldn't be held responsible for their actions. How did you figure that from my comment? The consequences of one's actions aren't always what they "deserved." Yes, this kid was being irresponsible, but I don't see how his actions warranted death as the "deserved" punishment. I was simply pointing out that is someone "deserves" something, it means that they "should" have it. So effectively, everyone who has said that he deserved to die is saying that this kid should die.
Thats exactly what you are saying. When you are acting out in a car, then death is a possible consequence, just like jail, probation, community service, etc. Look, I hate it that the kid died, but its part of the risk one takes. I'm not saying he should have died, but I am saying that he took the risk and suffered the worst possible consequence for his actions.

I don't care what anyone says. If they say one thing I don't agree with, I'll call them out on it. Most people I think just don't think that hard before they post. Whereas, had they given it some thought, things would've been different. I'm not gonna call anyone out
Obviously you do or you wouldn't keep beating this "deserve" crap into the ground. I think about what I post. I just don't care if it offends anyone. If anything, I water my comment down so they are not so offensive.

Last edited by 1GR8350Z; 06-10-2010 at 01:29 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:59 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

^

fail
Guess you want me to pay for your health care too because your job/education/work ethic sucks?

*Notes join date, discards worthless opinion*
Old 06-10-2010, 04:18 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Absolutely not!
I'm guessing you think that Joren van der Sloot doesn't deserve to die either.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:12 AM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

and solutions to the problem of young men dieing on the roadways.

a solution to the problem is better driving schools to teach the young ones how to actually drive. not to mention teach the damn new comers to the land as well.

as far as youtube, the kid should of bought a Go Pro Hero Cam!

Quick Reply: 17-year-old male killed in fatal 350Z crash