Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Amazing 350Z comparisons brochure

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2002, 07:50 PM
nub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

already posted, big contoversy with s2k peeps here....

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....highlight=lies
Old 09-03-2002, 07:55 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Default For those who missed it the first time around

350Z vs Audi TT
350Z vs Boxster
350Z vs Z3
350Z vs S2000

Maybe we can get the controversy stirred up again, but lets try other than the S2000.
Old 09-03-2002, 08:28 PM
nizl

Yeah, the difference is the post wasn't entitled "Nissan sales lies" followed by rabid-at-the-mouth anti-350Z ramblings.

Maybe I should wander over to the stook forum, post "The S2000 sucks", and see how cordial everyone is over there?

Eh, SilverStreak? Think everyone will be warm and fuzzy?
Old 09-04-2002, 10:34 AM
wickerbill

You keep taking it back to your perceived performance difference of the Z to the S2000. Why such a negative attitude? The fact is that there were several inaccurate statements made in that brochure. That is a fact. I know that several S2000 owners took it a little overboard and I don't think someone should go to another car's forum like one of our owners did and start crap over something like that, but I was surprised with how defensive some people on this board got over a car that most hadn't even driven yet.

I've seen the car magazines and there isn't really much of a performance difference between these two cars. Granted, the S2000 requires a little more effort to extract that performance, but it's a sports car so no big deal to me. I can see why people would prefer a car like the Z and I look forward to driving one sometime. I don't see why this has to be a big war.

Go check out this topic to see how S2000 owners and 350 Z owners can live in peace I'm glad that the Z enthusuasts I met last night were car enthusiasts and not just Z zealots. : https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....&threadid=4777

Mark
Old 09-04-2002, 10:56 AM
NissaNZ

Originally posted by honda troll
I think the controversy was over how inaccurate some of the info was in the brochure. And in fact, some of it was outright lies about the S2000. Hence the reason it is for "sales personnel only". Because if they published that for the general public, they would be sued for posting false information.
You wanna talk about law suits OK:

1. Mazda should sue honda for slapping the rear end of the miata on the s2000
2. Mercedes should sue honda for slapping the rear of the SL500 on the new accord
3. Nissan should sue honda for slapping the front tail lights of the Altima on the new accord.

So if suing was the game, honda would be bankrupt right now.

ALL you s2000 owners should crawl back into your caves and be scared, very scared cause there's a new sherrif in town.
Old 09-04-2002, 11:52 AM
LowFuel

Good grief are we going to get into this again?
Old 09-04-2002, 01:33 PM
NissaNZ

Originally posted by LowFuel
Yes.
Old 09-04-2002, 01:42 PM
knihc2008

ah nothing like a little slapfest.
Old 09-04-2002, 01:43 PM
Chris S

Originally posted by NissaNZ

You wanna talk about law suits OK:

1. Mazda should sue honda for slapping the rear end of the miata on the s2000
2. Mercedes should sue honda for slapping the rear of the SL500 on the new accord
3. Nissan should sue honda for slapping the front tail lights of the Altima on the new accord.

So if suing was the game, honda would be bankrupt right now.

ALL you s2000 owners should crawl back into your caves and be scared, very scared cause there's a new sherrif in town.
I’m glad that the Austin Z owners are so much more mature than you! First off, libel (Nissan’s offense, which may be defensible b/c it was not released directly to the public) is a tort for which a civil suit can be filed. I don’t know of any car w/ copyrighted, patented, or trademarked styling, so a suit against Honda for what you consider to be copied would be laughed right out of court.

FWIW, I could care less about Nissan’s sales comparisons, accurate or not. Anyone who depends on salespeople to guide their decision deserves what they get.

I really dig the 350Z, but I’m not selling my S2000 anytime soon for one (a year or two down the road…who knows?). I can assure you that I’m not scared, though, and I expect I’ll be able to leave the majority of them behind in the twisties around here. As far as I’m concerned, there’s no “sheriff” around here, just another cool car to admire and choose from.
Old 09-04-2002, 02:03 PM
airgate

Originally posted by LowFuel
I was thinking the same thing. Oh well.
Old 09-04-2002, 02:50 PM
NissaNZ

Originally posted by Chris S

I can assure you that I’m not scared, though, and I expect I’ll be able to leave the majority of them behind in the twisties around here.
Maybe, and that's a big maybe, on the twisties, but once you're out of those twisties it's dinner time for the Z.

Hey if it makes you s2000 owners feel any better about your insecurities, then keep posting your ********, troll away.
Old 09-04-2002, 02:58 PM
Chris S

Maybe, and that's a big maybe, on the twisties, but once you're out of those twisties it's dinner time for the Z.

Hey if it makes you s2000 owners feel any better about your insecurities, then keep posting your ********, troll away.
Whatever, dude....I'm not trolling, just here b/c I appreciate the Z and want to learn more about it. Who's posting the BS? I haven't written anything negative about the Z...

I traded a 480hp Supra TT for the S2000, so I don't feel too insecure about needing to brag about how what I can beat in a straight line.
Old 09-05-2002, 02:20 PM
leadfoot

"And when rolling through corners, I couldn't help but feel like a fat girl chasing a cupcake."

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM cupcakes goooooood. LMAO

Quit being a moron. There is nothing funner than chasing a rival car through a good set of twisties. Each of these cars has merit, it will certainly come down to driving ability and the S2000 owners have had a lot of time to find the limit in their cars and really learn to drive them smoothly.

The Z should be much easier to drive fast with VDC and a monstrous torque advantage, I still can't believe that 155ft/lb, makes me feel a little sympathy for you guys..........NOT.

A few more months and we should get some feedback from autoX and track days. ITs all good.
Old 09-05-2002, 02:24 PM
wickerbill

We don't need your sympathy for our 153 lb/ft of torque any more than you need our sympathy for your "low" redline of 6700 RPM. Two totally different approaches to building an engine and each has its own merits. Go with what you like and have fun with it. I can't wait to see what my car will do this weekend at my first track event.

Mark

2002 Spa Yellow Pearl S2000
Old 09-05-2002, 02:55 PM
NissaNZ

Wow, there are more and more honda fan boys coming here trying to justify their lawnmowers, GET REAL.
Old 09-05-2002, 03:01 PM
leadfoot

Wow, there are more and more honda fan boys coming here trying to justify their lawnmowers, GET REAL.

There is no reason to be mean spirited, but I have to admit my John Deere lawn tractor has as much torque

Quick Reply: Amazing 350Z comparisons brochure