Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 08:09 PM
Massios

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, random post, but I've lurked on this thread for awhile, extracting a bit of amusement from it. What is it that makes an 18 year old exaggerate them selves in an attempt to gain respect from an older z driver? That I cannot understand. But I'm feeling daring, so take a stab at me.

Honestly, I'd be the first one to tell you my G35 was given to me in 09 from my dad, after he had bought it new in 02. The car was payed in cash so there are no payments for me to magically be able to afford as an 18 year old. My parents pay the insurance, obviously. I can barely say I pay for gas - it comes out of my pay check, but I work for my parents maintaining their computer systems.

I'll even tell you I've been an average teenage driver and "bent a few suspension parts". Everyone does it at some point, but I shouldn't have. Every morning I start the car I think about it.

I do website jobs on the side that pay for mods. But the website jobs come from other medical practices in the area that know my parents.

So here I am driving around in a slammed G35, 18. You know what the worst part is? I feel guilty. There is absolutely no way I can change what I've been given. The only thing I can do is not act like an elitist douche and be humble.

You know everyone wants to be that kid at the high school with the best car. It's not all its made up to be. Sure, for a socially inept idiot who enjoys the attention its great, but you really become the center of attention. Everything you do- exacerbated by a small town, is common knowledge the next day.

So, I apologize for all of the idiot teenagers. Apparently they feel a need to prove them selves in front of people who could care less. Gidiup keep up the good work man, you must enjoy it. I guess the douche canoes smell the blood from another slayed teen and see it as a challenge. lmao.

Last edited by Massios; 05-10-2011 at 08:12 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:34 PM
xelaxor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Massios
Ok, random post, but I've lurked on this thread for awhile, extracting a bit of amusement from it. What is it that makes an 18 year old exaggerate them selves in an attempt to gain respect from an older z driver? That I cannot understand. But I'm feeling daring, so take a stab at me.

Honestly, I'd be the first one to tell you my G35 was given to me in 09 from my dad, after he had bought it new in 02. The car was payed in cash so there are no payments for me to magically be able to afford as an 18 year old. My parents pay the insurance, obviously. I can barely say I pay for gas - it comes out of my pay check, but I work for my parents maintaining their computer systems.

I'll even tell you I've been an average teenage driver and "bent a few suspension parts". Everyone does it at some point, but I shouldn't have. Every morning I start the car I think about it.

I do website jobs on the side that pay for mods. But the website jobs come from other medical practices in the area that know my parents.

So here I am driving around in a slammed G35, 18. You know what the worst part is? I feel guilty. There is absolutely no way I can change what I've been given. The only thing I can do is not act like an elitist douche and be humble.

You know everyone wants to be that kid at the high school with the best car. It's not all its made up to be. Sure, for a socially inept idiot who enjoys the attention its great, but you really become the center of attention. Everything you do- exacerbated by a small town, is common knowledge the next day.

So, I apologize for all of the idiot teenagers. Apparently they feel a need to prove them selves in front of people who could care less. Gidiup keep up the good work man, you must enjoy it. I guess the douche canoes smell the blood from another slayed teen and see it as a challenge. lmao.
I feel guilty when I drive mine too. I do my best to drive it like a mini-van, but ****, sometimes I just see a wide open road and my foot suddenly gains 50 lbs..
Old 05-11-2011, 12:04 AM
1GR8350Z

Originally Posted by xelaxor
I don't understand why you're mad? Other than you're upset you didn't have the money or parental wealth to get you the car you wanted at 18. I work 30 hours a week, finishing High School and about to go to College. I have decent cash pile in the bank from savings from working the past 3 years. I would have taken out the loan with a co-signer, but my parents didn't feel it necessary for my to do that right before going to college. My dad wrote a check for 12,500 and the 97 accord and I drove the 350 home. I consider "owning" it as it being "parked" in the garage, and I am the one driving it...

And it's kind of sad. My first post on this forum and I get bashed. I bet you wouldn't have said that to my face in person. I always flash my lights or wave to other 350 owners. What if I saw you in the parking lot with a Z and was like "hey man nice car!"? You probably would have said "hey thanks bro you too".. People are so ignorant sometimes.. >.>

Also, I might add that i'm not even allowed to touch the car modification wise. Until the title is in my hands, no mods are allowed to the car.. Car stays stock for 5 years, other than maintenance duties.. I felt it was a fair trade. Sure I could have got a shitty Honda or something, but obviously my parents felt I was mature enough to handle a nicer car such as the 350..
Interesting definition of ownership you have there. If I want to trade my Z for a 72 Pinto, I can do it. If I want to put the most god awful invader body kit I can find on it, I can. If I want to turn my boost up to 14 pounds and blow my engine, I can. Does daddy give you a curfew in it also? I think I would have went for the bank loan
Old 05-11-2011, 12:14 AM
1GR8350Z

Excellent post. Where in SC are you from? If you are from Greenville I have probably seen you before
Old 05-11-2011, 06:52 AM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LGSociety
Hey buddy, I owned a company that CnC'd Aluminum longboarding trucks, outsourced in israel. I sold said company after about a year and a half for about 20,000$ and bought MY Z for it. Now, I just have a regular day job; but just because YOU were worthless at 17, doesnt mean I have to be. I have a friend who is also an entrepreneur in the same department, he's 17 and buys lambos for fun off of the money he's making off selling his wheels (check out Nersh Longboarding).

This is like one of those rediculous advertisements saying anyone who smokes marijuana ends up a coke addict. Fact of the matter is, as long as 100% of the population doesn't fulfill the statistic this nulls your argument. Yeah, sure; we suck at driving, we're the worst at it; but i'm sure somewhere out there, there are old people and 17 year olds who can smoke you in anything you believe you have over them because of your age.

Your argument is logical, but also ignorant. Don't try to argue this point, you're not absolutely right, and neither am I. If you do believe wholeheartedly that you are, well then I just feel bad for you. Have fun with your car and mellow out, I would be stoked if when I was 40, that someone had the same excitement as I did about the same car.

What exactly are you trying to teach kids anyway? "'i'm older then you so I deserve this more." How bad is your life exactly? Spread happiness and universal acceptance. Have fun with your Z man, I hope it makes you as happy as it makes me. Cause I know at the end of my day, when life has got me down that my mother is an alcoholic, and my father is a paralyzed stroke victim; my Z just makes my day a little bit brighter.

Hey there, "buddy". Sorry I hurt your feelings. I forget that so many people like to dish it out on the net, but get sore about hearing what someone else has to say.

Fact is that most teenagers are not running a business at 17. Maybe you're an exception to the rule, but then you have no reason to be upset at what I said. I never called you worthless (by the way, thanks for that), I simply stated that most teenagers are still living off their parents at 17. Take that how you will, which I assume, is going to be very emotionally and personally.

And I could care less about your life problems. We all have them. Spilling your sob story on an internet car forum doesn't make your point. No one is here trying to espouse a sense of moral superiority because of age. We just REALLY want teenagers to be realistic. Statistically, they are second only to the elderly in terms of accident rates. Deny it all you want.

In an attempt to make it as annoyingly hard to respond to you as you did to me, I am replying within your quote in bold, italic, and a slightly brown color.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:06 AM
Flick Montana

Holy crap, is THIS really so hard?

This post is honest and up front. This is how people need to post.

I don't have a problem with someone driving a G35 at 18 that their parents bought for them. That's perfectly fine. Hell, you even admit that you've done some damage to cars driving them...shall we call is exuberantly?

Guess what, so has EVERYONE here. We were all teens at some point. We all did stupid stuff. Most of us were given gifts that we probably didn't deserve. The difference is your ability to recognize it. THAT is maturity.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:17 PM
xelaxor

Originally Posted by 1GR8350Z
Interesting definition of ownership you have there. If I want to trade my Z for a 72 Pinto, I can do it. If I want to put the most god awful invader body kit I can find on it, I can. If I want to turn my boost up to 14 pounds and blow my engine, I can. Does daddy give you a curfew in it also? I think I would have went for the bank loan
No curfew. I honestly don't understand why you're attacking me. Thought all Z owners were family?
Old 05-11-2011, 12:59 PM
jduet

For example, during summer in the Ukraine I spent 2,000$ on drinks in a period of four days just clubbing all night long with girls, and I managed to get into different 21+ club without any form of government ID on a daily basis, just talking my way through.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:32 PM
gidiup

LGSociety....Junior, you who tells incredilbe fictitious tales I do enjoy it. Plus, love the banter at the bottom of your posts. Gives the impression you're superior minded. Advice.. Not working.

Massios... Great post. No offense to you. Straight talking kids who are just trying to be kids its not entertainment to me.

Last edited by gidiup; 05-11-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:47 PM
xelaxor

You know, I just responded to a question in a fashion that made it about me right? People who are (or think) they are better then other people tend to make that point. Maybe I'm not answering the question in a manner you find suitable, but hey; I'm not you. Since I am not you, here are points to consider about other people.

1. They might not give a **** about anything you say.

2. They attach no emotional meaning to anything they say, because they're more mature then to care about what other people think to a certain degree (people the internet is one of them)

3. They might just go on the internet randomly and **** with people, in any shape, way or form just to fill a gap of time in their lives where they have nothing to do.

Or you can continue being you, and live your meaningless life.

"No curfew. I honestly don't understand why you're attacking me. Thought all Z owners were family?'

No, in the real world *******s, haters, disgruntled old men, people who havent accomplished anything yet and hate life for it, crazy people, narcisistic kids, cult worshippers, racists, fat people, and ugly chicks all have cars too.

Some might have access to the internet,

and some might use that internet to join forums and talk **** all day.

And on topic, I'm happy to see kids have nice cars, because hey; lucky them- maybe their lives are amazing and they're living the kids dream- or maybe that kid works on his car because he loves it so much (because hey, its worth working on) that it gives him a hobby that might just pull him away from drugs and alcohol. Or whatever it is, because hey; EVERYONE loves having the finer things in life; just because you cant afford to give your family those things, or understand it, doesnt mean you shouldnt be happy for them. "I wasnt raised like that" yeah, well ****; your family sucked, im sorry. Why the **** you gotta extinguish someones dreams and possessions, just because your life sucks? What gives you that right. If I can suck my **** up, and reflect upon it (well I just made this about myself now didnt I?) just for myself, maybe you should suck your **** up that you're a person whos lower then that; and accept it.

If you cant appreciate something and find at least one shred of good intentions in something, then I just pity you, for a few moments atleast. Then I move on with my life like you should, rather then posting something like this garbage. (But obviously humans are hypocritical and i'm doing the same thing, from the other perspective. I know, but I do it anyway because if you look at point #1, I dont care what people on the internet think.)

"Gidiup keep up the good work man, you must enjoy it."

No, I do this find emotional closure...

Obviously I do this for enjoyment. Why the hell would I waste my time doing it, if I wasn't. I mean you people go to this forum, to talk about car parts and useful information. Thats fine, it's for the greater knowlege; but you're telling me when you post irrelevent information like on your opinion how you hate 17 year olds who are ungrateful and drive nice cars that you dont enjoy doing this, then why are you doing it? Are you masochistic?
You're the man! Beautifully said.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Flick Montana

Or you can continue being you, and live your meaningless life.
Now you're just being a child.

You come off as extremely arrogant, yet your sense of moral superiority is built on air. You sold a crappy business for next to nothing and used the money to buy a car? You need to wake up and smell what you're shoveling.

You could learn a lot from Massios.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:12 PM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by xelaxor

I bet you wouldn't have said that to my face in person.

Why wouldn't he?

Old 05-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Flick Montana

My superiority complex comes from then mass amounts of wealth my family still has over yours, but hey guess what; I don't go belittling people based on what they do, or don't have.
First of all....WTF? You're not only being wildly presumptuous, assuming you have more money than me, you're also being completely hypocritical. I am hereby no longer taking anything you say seriously. You're clearly completely delusional or an *** of incomprehensible proportion. Either way, nothing you have to say has any value to me.

That's what you do. You can't understand my points because you're either simple minded, or can't comprehend a world with multiple views (which comes from being simple minded.)

The difference between me and you is that I understand your point, and see why that would be correct to you, based on your believes and morals, and whatever else that's encompassed by. You aren't seeing my view.

Why do I have to be humble about something me or my parents earned? I'm not rubbing it in your face, I'm simply offering my opinion to bring another perspective to this conversation. Stop trying to bring people down.
As for the rest of this blathering nonsense, I have taken your point. Maybe I don't always see the world from every viewpoint (the fact that it is impossible notwithstanding as logic has no effect on you). However, thanks to you I now have a little more grasp on the douchebag view of the world. I'm glad I don't share it with you.

Enjoy your vastly superior life.

Last edited by Flick Montana; 05-11-2011 at 05:41 PM. Reason: weird quote problem
Old 05-11-2011, 06:46 PM
gidiup

Junior... Keep talking. Sound more stupid than before.

My family has more more money than yours. My family this and that Owned a company at 16. Prom committee at 17 Was part of the KGB.
Awwwww..... Whatever. Nobody cares. The stupid has taken over.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:51 PM
gidiup

Oh come on junior....tell us another story. I'm flipping the page up as I'm working.

Maybe start with....the so called family money, talk about the bentleys and lambos and end it with being a double spy for the other high school. Oh and toss in skateboarding around the world.

What do you say??
Old 05-12-2011, 05:37 AM
gidiup

Junior.. Did you bust out your crayons? Simple black isn't good enough for you. Have to make it like a zebra. Nice..

And yes I have a bland life compared to yours. I'm scum and you being former KGB and all.

Oh...Bye

Last edited by gidiup; 05-12-2011 at 05:39 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:34 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

My superiority complex comes from then mass amounts of wealth my family still has over yours
Kids like you make me rethink my opinion of the Estate Tax. You seriously think you are superior because of what someone else has accomplished - as in your family? What a douchebag. Bernie Madof'fs son probably felt the same way - until he hung himself.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:43 AM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Because that's not how life works buddy, people like to hide behind the confounds of the internet. They're able to express their opinion because they aren't scared of what entails since they are safe and sound at home, or whatever.
Is someone supposed to be scared of you, really, Vin Diesel?

You guys have to remember we were once young too so we know how much bullchit is between those ears because we lived it.

Last edited by AroundMyHorn; 05-12-2011 at 07:47 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:50 AM
gidiup

Originally Posted by PerfZ
Kids like you make me rethink my opinion of the Estate Tax. You seriously think you are superior because of what someone else has accomplished - as in your family? What a douchebag. Bernie Madof'fs son probably felt the same way - until he hung himself.
Junior... Making friends. Tip.. Don't tell people you think your FAMILY is richer than someone elses. BIG turn off.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:05 AM
pcressey

Let me stir the pot a bit... LG, you seem to come off as a kid that comes from a wealthy family, and are well off yourself because of your business savvy, but I question it from your other thread...

I'm thinkin of instead getting wheels next, powdercoat mine flat black, and get skirts?

That'll cost about 500 all in all, compared to like 2,000. Remember, im pulling in delivery boy money lol.
Citation: https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...brickyard.html

So you are going all cheap on your car because you are pulling in delivery boy money? Yet you come to this thread acting like a rich kid that doesn't understand why he has to be humble about what he has?

Why do I have to be humble about something me or my parents earned?
It is called not being a snob. The wealthiest people that I know are so humble you would think they lived out of a cardboard box. Usually the ones that go flaunting what they have are the ones that are putting on a show and owe more than they own.

For example, during summer in the Ukraine I spent 2,000$ on drinks in a period of four days just clubbing all night long with girls, and I managed to get into different 21+ club without any form of government ID on a daily basis, just talking my way through.
So you spent $2k on drinks and clubbing, but you are going cheap on your car? Makes sense...

My superiority complex comes from then mass amounts of wealth my family still has over yours, but hey guess what; I don't go belittling people based on what they do, or don't have.
LOL

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...