Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 09:34 AM
importroller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Amirs350z
Totally true. I did some dumb stuff in a car when I was in high school. Same with my brothers after me. Are my brothers and I the same as everyone else during their late teenage years? Absolutely not, but statistics don't lie. That's all these guys are saying. Not everyone will fall under the statistic, but it's not bad to express concern.
i completely agree, I fell into that statistic when i was that age too. late teens to early 20s was a lot of dumb actions. its part of growing up. Typical kid, thinks any adult doesn't know anything. after they hit their late 20s to early 30s themselves, they tend to realize how stupid they really were back in their teens and early 20s.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:36 AM
Mr Sharp

In the spirit of this thread's original intent

1994 S-10 Chevy Blazer
1982 Honda Prelude 5spd(Got it for $200 at 32k miles.)
The Honda is now my brother's.
I hope to own 07,08 350z sometime next year once I get to my duty station.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:43 PM
Amirs350z

I'll follow suit:

1984 Honda Civic with 284k miles. No power steering lmao
2000 Corolla
2007 350Z
2008 Toyota Tundra 5.6 (traded)
2003 911 C2S
2005 BMW M3 (traded)
2011 Toyota Tundra 5.6
Old 05-26-2011, 09:00 PM
8cd03gro

Originally Posted by Flick Montana
More like the Blame Generation.

You're blaming "old" people telling you that a Z is too much car for a 17 year old even though teens are the second worst drivers statistically and the Z is one of the most lethal cars to own....statistically.

How do you even work up the mustard to make an argument like that?
What exactly do you think I am blaming on anyone, their own posts? Yes, I think everyone is responsible for their own posts. What, "blame" do you speak of? I used older as an adjective to more precisely describe the group I am referring to because well, I doubt the people ripping on 17 year olds are 17 years old, do you disagree? I didn't make any statements that should lead you to believe I am talking about everyone here, but a specific group. I am not grouping all older people together like many posters here are doing with the younger drivers.

It sure seems like everyone is real concerned with the safety of the younger z owners . There are about 15 pages of safety talk and 450 pages about how no 17 or even 18 year old could possibly afford a z or appreciate something they are given rather than buying it outright. Who are you to make such assumptions?

Sure, there are a lot of crashed z's and it's most popular among young car enthusiasts. How many of those drivers were in their early to mid 20s and older? Even if it were specifically 16-18 year olds crashing every single one of them, what right does that give anyone to judge the character of a single poster? I grew up in Detroit and I have been mugged twice, assaulted one of the times, and both perps were black. Statistically, I should tuck my ***** between my legs and run every time I meet a black person.

Fact is, I didn't single-out anyone. I didn't quote anybody, I didn't mention any posters or make any allusion to who I was referring to, but you respond as if I attacked you personally. Let's outline the main points of my statement, shall we? I'll even quote myself so you understand it thoroughly.

-"A bunch of older guys that think their bolt on z's are the fastest cars in the world that a younger guy couldn't possibly handle. "

Did I say all of the older guys were doing this? No.

-"Meanwhile there are still kids makin' their own money and buyin' their own cars. Lots of us are still responsible."

Do you disagree? I don't understand why you would respond the way you did unless you disagree.

-"Young guys with Z's, don't listen to the bitter asses in this thread. If you get one, whether you pay for it or not, just be responsible, take it to the track if you plan on doing anything, "fun" and respect what you've got. If your parents bought if for you, just take that much better care of it and remember that they trusted you every time you're tempted to show off. Enjoy. See you in another three years."

Wow, what an absurd statement! How could anyone possibly make such an argument?

Last edited by 8cd03gro; 05-26-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:38 AM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a really long post that I'm not all that interested in reading.

I did catch one thing you said, though. That we're interested in the safety of Z-driving kids. Well, I'm not. I couldn't care less about you.

I just don't want the insurance rates on my car going up because little kids got a Z and think they know how to drive all of a sudden, then end up wrapped around a tree.

Just makes me angry to see idiot kids get on here acting like they are pros when everyone except them knows they aren't.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:54 AM
gidiup

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
What exactly do you think I am blaming on anyone, their own posts? Yes, I think everyone is responsible for their own posts. What, "blame" do you speak of? I used older as an adjective to more precisely describe the group I am referring to because well, I doubt the people ripping on 17 year olds are 17 years old, do you disagree? I didn't make any statements that should lead you to believe I am talking about everyone here, but a specific group. I am not grouping all older people together like many posters here are doing with the younger drivers.

It sure seems like everyone is real concerned with the safety of the younger z owners . There are about 15 pages of safety talk and 450 pages about how no 17 or even 18 year old could possibly afford a z or appreciate something they are given rather than buying it outright. Who are you to make such assumptions?

Sure, there are a lot of crashed z's and it's most popular among young car enthusiasts. How many of those drivers were in their early to mid 20s and older? Even if it were specifically 16-18 year olds crashing every single one of them, what right does that give anyone to judge the character of a single poster? I grew up in Detroit and I have been mugged twice, assaulted one of the times, and both perps were black. Statistically, I should tuck my ***** between my legs and run every time I meet a black person.

Fact is, I didn't single-out anyone. I didn't quote anybody, I didn't mention any posters or make any allusion to who I was referring to, but you respond as if I attacked you personally. Let's outline the main points of my statement, shall we? I'll even quote myself so you understand it thoroughly.

-"A bunch of older guys that think their bolt on z's are the fastest cars in the world that a younger guy couldn't possibly handle. "

-"Meanwhile there are still kids makin' their own money and buyin' their own cars. Lots of us are still responsible."

Do you disagree? I don't understand why you would respond the way you did unless you disagree.

-"Young guys with Z's, don't listen to the bitter asses in this thread. If you get one, whether you pay for it or not, just be responsible, take it to the track if you plan on doing anything, "fun" and respect what you've got. If your parents bought if for you, just take that much better care of it and remember that they trusted you every time you're tempted to show off. Enjoy. See you in another three years."

Cletus... You're a feisty one. Think you're wound a little tight. Easy... Go wash the Z or get a hug or something.

You wouldn't happen to be on your high school debate team would you?
Old 05-27-2011, 10:31 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

I did catch one thing you said, though. That we're interested in the safety of Z-driving kids. Well, I'm not. I couldn't care less about you.
Brutal.

Originally Posted by gidiup
Cletus... You're a feisty one. Think you're wound a little tight.

VO(entertained today)
Old 05-27-2011, 10:48 AM
BabyStig

Oh! Oh! My turn!

-1997 Saturn SL2
-2007 Volkswagen Rabbit
-2005 Nissan 350 Z

Last edited by BabyStig; 05-27-2011 at 02:58 PM. Reason: edited to remove crap-- oops
Old 05-27-2011, 11:28 AM
1GR8350Z

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro

You seriously have read the entire thread. If that's the case the posters in here must matter a lot to you. On the other side you don't mean shat to me. I don't care about your safety either, in fact I kind of enjoy reading the stories about idiots crashing their cars.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:30 AM
1GR8350Z

Originally Posted by BabyStig
Oh! Oh! My turn!

17 - a 1997 Saturn SL2, it was 10 years old when I got it in 2007. It was a gift from my brother who was moving to Japan.
20 - a 2007 Volkswagen Rabbit, bought it used at 3 years old. My father bought it for me because I was moving out of state and he wanted me to take a "reliable" car with me..... if that were the case, we probably should'nt have bought a VW.................
21- a 2005 Nissan 350 Z track edition. I traded in the Rabbit for it, besides that I'm paying for it on my own.....
Why does everyone feel so compelled to always add this
Old 05-27-2011, 02:56 PM
BabyStig

Originally Posted by 1GR8350Z
Why does everyone feel so compelled to always add this
Because I posted before I saw the message for newbs. My bad. :// Just proud of the first car I bought on my own, but that's something to be discussed w/ friends IRL --not strangers on the interweb. So I guess I deserve that. Sorry
Old 05-27-2011, 04:31 PM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BabyStig
Because I posted before I saw the message for newbs. My bad. :// Just proud of the first car I bought on my own, but that's something to be discussed w/ friends IRL --not strangers on the interweb. So I guess I deserve that. Sorry
There is nothing wrong with being proud of buying your first car so long as it is a step toward successful financial independence and not just your first step down the long road of being car poor.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:16 PM
DLicious

My first car was a white 1990 Chrysler convertible. I got it for my birthday/ Graduation.
My second car was a 1994 Black Dodge Stealth. I still miss that car.
My third car was a white 2000 mustang convertible
My current car is a 2003 Black 350z..

I see a trend here...
Old 06-06-2011, 01:26 AM
BTarb24

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

wow.. over 475 pages?
  1. 93 Ford Tempo (parents gave to me)
  2. 90 Ford Mustang 4 banger (insurance money from totaling the tempo)
  3. 95 Ford Taurus (bought after i wrecked the mustang)
  4. 99 Pontiac Grand Am
  5. -no car for year or two since i lived a mile from work
  6. 01 Kia Sportage (haha, 4wd beater for $1k - still have it as my daily/winter)
  7. 07 350z
Old 06-06-2011, 06:49 AM
gidiup

Originally Posted by BTarb24
wow.. over 475 pages?
  1. 93 Ford Tempo (parents gave to me)
  2. 90 Ford Mustang 4 banger (insurance money from totaling the tempo)
  3. 95 Ford Taurus (bought after i wrecked the mustang)
  4. 99 Pontiac Grand Am
  5. -no car for year or two since i lived a mile from work
  6. 01 Kia Sportage (haha, 4wd beater for $1k - still have it as my daily/winter)
  7. 07 350z
Wow... Either you are a horrible driver or you just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

3 wrecks... What happen to the 99 Pontiac Grand Am? And how long before the 07becomes a victim of your driving inabilities?
Old 06-06-2011, 08:59 AM
dalinkwent6

Can someone tell me why i cant post a new thread???
Old 06-06-2011, 12:00 PM
gidiup

Originally Posted by dalinkwent6
Can someone tell me why i cant post a new thread???
I'm guessing has something to do with the graph under your name and being a level 1.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:00 PM
8cd03gro

Cletus... You're a feisty one. Think you're wound a little tight. Easy... Go wash the Z or get a hug or something.

No, I am a grad student.

That's a really long post that I'm not all that interested in reading.

I just don't want the insurance rates on my car going up because little kids got a Z and think they know how to drive all of a sudden, then end up wrapped around a tree.

Just makes me angry to see idiot kids get on here acting like they are pros when everyone except them knows they aren't.
Didn't mean to make your brain hurt champ. Seemed you couldn't comprehend my first post based on your response, so I felt it pertinent to explain it more thoroughly.

Last edited by 8cd03gro; 06-06-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:07 PM
BTarb24

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow... Either you are a horrible driver or you just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

3 wrecks... What happen to the 99 Pontiac Grand Am? And how long before the 07becomes a victim of your driving inabilities?
I see your ability to count is about as good as my driving ability was in high school. I only listed two.. and i was like 16 & 17 when i wrecked them. I'm now 29.

Engine seized on the grand am.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:12 PM
ebadai98

1. 1978 Chevy Surburban 454 gas guzzler owned from age 16-17
2. 1986 Chevy Camaro IROC-Z 5 speed 350 gas guzzler owned from age 17-18
3. 1998 Maxima SE 5 speed with VQ35 i swaped in owned from age 18-21
4. 2007 350z 6 speed Base(many mods to come) owned from 21-long time..

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...