Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 05:40 AM
fowlman01

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bloody Arro
My one wreck that was "my fault" was me avoiding a drunkard staggering down the road at night and to avoid a manslaughter charge I swerved and went into a ditch.

I personally do not see that as being as irresponsible. I do realize that co-signing is a big deal as if I do not pay the bill, not only myself, but the co-signer will be affected as well. The only reason my parent is agreeing to co-signing is because they have went on a limb for me and bought my BMW (worth 8k at the time) and I paid them back with no late payments and no problems.
Why would you think a wreck was your fault if you were really trying to avoid hitting someone? Sounds fishing to me.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Bloody Arro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fowlman01
Why would you think a wreck was your fault if you were really trying to avoid hitting someone? Sounds fishing to me.
I don't think it, but according to the state it was my fault.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:23 AM
1GR8350Z

Originally Posted by fowlman01
+1. 3 wrecks at 19, regardless of who is at fault would be enough for me to give a solid "hell no" to co-signing
Old 05-07-2011, 11:46 AM
1GR8350Z

Originally Posted by LGSociety
I dont care what you are.

Logically, when you own a company- the more you can do yourself, the less you have to invest in other people.

I had a CAD design, my friend was a programmer at the company, he hooked me up with that for a cheap price, and I paid for bulk machine time; which hey guess what? In Israel is pretty damn cheap.

I dont know a damn thing about CnC machines, or auto enclaves, or any of that stuff and how they work. All I care about is at the end of the day, my trucks are 100% up to the specifications that I handed them.

(Edit: If you think MY (well not mine anymore... ) company owns those my machines, then you are confused in how the industrial world works. It's called outsourcing.)

I'm sorry you find the fact you cant imagine yourself doing something like this at my age hilarious, I thought you were just being a *****; but looking back, it seems like you really just cant encompass that idea, so I just feel sad for you. Good luck in whatever, I'm not going to argue this point with every incompetent pencil pusher on the internet. You asked how I own my Z, there is your answer.
I believe your story, I'm just not convinced that it is yours and not an altered version of Nersh Longboarding's. Funny that you gave us their name and not the name of the business that you sold. I'm still on the fence here, but this question begs to be asked.

It's a little strange to go from owning a business being involved in hobby that you obviously enjoy to working at a pizza house

Last edited by 1GR8350Z; 05-07-2011 at 12:08 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:20 AM
gidiup

Take the day off and I miss a great story.

I'm with 1GR8... The story is so good its almost believable. On the fence whether or not you can talk it, bring it or both.

Facts.. Please let me know if I'm wrong.
You just got out of high school. You're what 18 maybe 19? Had a LLC? And you negotitated a overseas contract? With Israel? Buying aerospace commodities? To be used for bulk time on a CnC machine? And you have blueprints from a CAD?
So... How am I doing?

One last thing.. You traded this all in for $20k and a job at a pizza joint.

Dude... Seriously, you are selling your abilities short.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:57 PM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by gidiup
Take the day off and I miss a great story.

I'm with 1GR8... The story is so good its almost believable. On the fence whether or not you can talk it, bring it or both.

Facts.. Please let me know if I'm wrong.
You just got out of high school. You're what 18 maybe 19? Had a LLC? And you negotitated a overseas contract? With Israel? Buying aerospace commodities? To be used for bulk time on a CnC machine? And you have blueprints from a CAD?
So... How am I doing?

One last thing.. You traded this all in for $20k and a job at a pizza joint.

Dude... Seriously, you are selling your abilities short.
Gotta say, I'm having the same thoughts. Sounds like it would have been a pretty profitable venture to sell out for a measly $20,000. I know that sounds like a lot of money to a teenager, but I paid more than that in federal income tax last year, and I don't consider myself wealthy by a long shot.

That being said, I believe I have every right to do whatever the F I want with MY Z.
In that you are correct. And we have every right to have fun with your posts since you put them here to begin with. Enjoy the popcorn.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:47 PM
importroller

can't believe this thread came back to life.....:lol:
Old 05-09-2011, 05:19 PM
gidiup

I don't think junior understands that we've heard this story a million times.

Junior....Can we see the LLC papers?

Oh.... Do whatever you want to your Z. It's yours. Be happy.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:37 PM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by importroller
can't believe this thread came back to life.....:lol:
8.5 years - it's eternal!
Old 05-09-2011, 11:09 PM
bebot93

i'm not going to lie about it but i'm 17 and have 350z with all the help from the parents. i completely agree with your guy's statements. i'm just a real lucky kid and greatly appreciative that my parents approved and got me this car.

Last edited by bebot93; 05-09-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:27 AM
1GR8350Z

Originally Posted by bebot93
i'm not going to lie about it but i'm 17 and have 350z with all the help from the parents. i completely agree with your guy's statements. i'm just a real lucky kid and greatly appreciative that my parents approved and got me this car.
Interesting 1st post after being here for 7 months. It's hard to truly know the meaning of apprecating something if it was given to you, but congrats on your Z. The best way to show you appreciate it is to take care if it and not not fall into the traps of peer pressure.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:16 AM
m3a5g0

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1GR8350Z
Interesting 1st post after being here for 7 months. It's hard to truly know the meaning of apprecating something if it was given to you, but congrats on your Z. The best way to show you appreciate it is to take care if it and not not fall into the traps of peer pressure.
Easy, he actually understands that most 17 year olds are less fortunate....it's just easier to loose appreciation and end up taking things for granted. but +1 on not falling into peer pressure. Bebot93, just don't loose sight of how fortunate you are. People would love to be in your shoes. anyway, been there and done that...have fun and be responsible with the Z.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:42 AM
bebot93

Oh trust me. I have a bunch of friends who always asks me to peel out, to drift and other acts of that manner and I admit, it's very tempting but I realize that if I do that and anything goes wrong, I would be in so much trouble. Plus, gas costs too much to do so haha. Back to the point, my car is my pride and joy. I see kids in my high school parking lot neglect their cars by not washing it etc... I have received many positive comments of how clean my car is and stuff like that because I actually appreciate what I have so I treat it with much respect. Anyways, I appreciate and respect you guys comments
Old 05-10-2011, 10:12 AM
gidiup

Bebot... Just try to be smart with the car. Hate to see another kid get into trouble with a Z. Remember... Trees and other people are innocent victims. No reason to cause harm and loose your pride and joy.

On the flipside...........Where's Junior? Or Lior, Loir, Leon, whatever. Dude... I need some advice on getting some metal CnC'd. Do you have a contact in Russia? Was thinking since you can speak it maybe you could help???
Old 05-10-2011, 10:15 AM
bebot93

Don't worry. That's always in my mins I'm more worried about the crazy drivers that so-cal has haha
Old 05-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Nissahn775

Wink starting age 15. now im 18

00 Hyundai accent
92 prelude Si
02 celica gt
99 jetta
00 celica gts
Current..04 350z =)
And no my parents did not help me I just work and save(i actually help my mom also )
Old 05-10-2011, 11:39 AM
1GR8350Z

It's kinda creepy you looked me up, thats not normal behavior. And I mean I COULD call my programmer up; and ask him to set you up.

BUT you mean nothing to me, so why would I bother.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns. Contact me personally. Otherwise, I don't take anything you say seriously.
That's normal behavior in this thread. You encouraged us to look up Nersh. Did you not think anyone would simply Google your SN with a story like what you told?
Old 05-10-2011, 02:04 PM
1GR8350Z

Not that I didn't think that, simply that I don't care enough. Although i'm flattered someone out there would go to those lengths. Why would I go out of my way to prove something to someone I will never meet, and ultimately don't care about. That seems ridiculous.

On that note, google is pretty bad as far as looking up business related information. My dad is a multimillionaire entrepreneur and I bet you cant find anything on him on google...
The problem here is that you have done just that on this forum. Your dad was an entrepreneur in Russia and unfortunately had a stroke and had left power of attorney to an undercover member of the mob. You've already told us that. Google is quick and there has only been a few here that I have really spent time on finding dirt on. You don't seem like a bad kid and for the most have been respectful. I hate it what happened to your family, but you seem to be making the most of it.

Last edited by 1GR8350Z; 05-10-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:17 PM
gidiup

What....you've never question someones story?? Teenagers are known to embellish. Plus, for someone who has an issue with be google'd but doesn't seem to care what people think, you don't have a problem oversharing your life.

Look junior.... You seem like a good kid. Dont bs people. Your story is quite entertaining. Fact find first. On this thread holes get punched in stories all the time.

Oh...Won't be contacting you. Trust me if I need a lesson in business or money I'll stick with my peers. You should go back to planning for prom, being a kid and enjoying your Z.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:45 PM
xelaxor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1GR8350Z
How can you own something that you are paying for? Unless the title is in your hand, you don't own chit. It is possible that your parent paid for the car and are allowing you to pay them, but that's too easy since it's so easy to skip out on a payment knowing daddy won't be showing up in the middle of the night to repo your car.
I don't understand why you're mad? Other than you're upset you didn't have the money or parental wealth to get you the car you wanted at 18. I work 30 hours a week, finishing High School and about to go to College. I have decent cash pile in the bank from savings from working the past 3 years. I would have taken out the loan with a co-signer, but my parents didn't feel it necessary for my to do that right before going to college. My dad wrote a check for 12,500 and the 97 accord and I drove the 350 home. I consider "owning" it as it being "parked" in the garage, and I am the one driving it...

And it's kind of sad. My first post on this forum and I get bashed. I bet you wouldn't have said that to my face in person. I always flash my lights or wave to other 350 owners. What if I saw you in the parking lot with a Z and was like "hey man nice car!"? You probably would have said "hey thanks bro you too".. People are so ignorant sometimes.. >.>

Also, I might add that i'm not even allowed to touch the car modification wise. Until the title is in my hands, no mods are allowed to the car.. Car stays stock for 5 years, other than maintenance duties.. I felt it was a fair trade. Sure I could have got a shitty Honda or something, but obviously my parents felt I was mature enough to handle a nicer car such as the 350..

Last edited by xelaxor; 05-10-2011 at 07:52 PM.

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...