Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 07:39 PM
Gozirra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vaporiz
Stupidest post I've seen, who asks for respect on forums, LOL.
Well, Ive heard that to some people, that's more important :O Next thing you know, he'll try to get in the ring with Ali cuz he thinks he can box.

Last edited by Gozirra; 05-23-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:15 AM
nismoracingsx

Oldsmobile Ciera S
Accord EX Coupe
Kawa Ninja
Pignose 240sx Coupe
S10 Blazer
Sharknose 240sx Coupe
200sx Coupe
Sharknose 240sx Hatch
350z

..first post, cool thread, btw.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:36 AM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by XxTexasfuryxX
Can a typical teenager pay for a 350z in cash? I don't think so.
When his parents are paying for his groceries, energy and water bills, the house over his head, the clothes on his back...

In the end, buying a car instead of spending that same money on your own independence goes from impressive to financially poor decision making.

If you could drop $15 in cash on a car, you could also go to college for a year or make a down payment on a house. Instead, you chose to blow it all on a depreciating asset. You want me to clap for that?

Last edited by Flick Montana; 05-27-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:59 AM
herrschaft

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TwinZ
I did, it took some hard work but it was all cash!
I'm 17 right now and worked out a deal with my dad right after I turned 16 that if I could keep my good grades and pay for half of the car then I could get whatever car I wanted.
...to have the same thing given to you
You say you paid for your car in full yet your posts are contradicting.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:31 AM
Gozirra

Originally Posted by xX Lil Oly Xx
Teens lie so much these days I don't trust them.
Teens have always lied. You lied when you were a teen. Adults lie. All the time. Everyone lies, learn that and you'll be taken advantage of far less in this world.
Originally Posted by mknZ
Ferrari f430 scuderia
Lamborghini gallardo superleggera
Ford Pinto
Mazda RX3
Dodge Neon (traded it for the Lambo)
Acura fast as hell integra
Ford GT
Daytona blue 350z
Silverstone 350z (traded the Daytona cause I didn't like the color)

All working as a cashier at IGA at 7.50 an hour and I'm just 16!

Lmao
Impressive, suh!
Originally Posted by Flick Montana
When his parents are paying for his groceries, energy and water bills, the house over his head, the clothes on his back...

In the end, buying a car instead of spending that same money on your own independence goes from impressive to financially poor decision making.

If you could drop $15 in cash on a car, you could also go to college for a year or make a down payment on a house. Instead, you chose to blow it all on a depreciating asset. You want me to clap for that?
No they want you to "respect" them. I personally dont give a left nut. Its my money, i came on this forum to learn. Learned a lot, and learning more. Trying to help others as well. Im lucky enough and grateful not to have to pay for a roof over my head as long as i do well in college. My job pays for my classes. When I finish, ill get my own place. Its a forum, I dont give a %*€¥ if someone thinks less of me for that :/
Old 05-27-2012, 10:46 AM
Flick Montana

Originally Posted by Gozirra
No they want you to "respect" them. I personally dont give a left nut. Its my money, i came on this forum to learn. Learned a lot, and learning more. Trying to help others as well. Im lucky enough and grateful not to have to pay for a roof over my head as long as i do well in college. My job pays for my classes. When I finish, ill get my own place. Its a forum, I dont give a %*€¥ if someone thinks less of me for that :/
I neither respect nor disrespect someone based upon how they acquired their car (Unless they stole it from a blind old woman. Then, I respect them more cause that b*tch shouldn't be driving!).

What I DO respect is honesty. If someone wants to be car poor, that's fine. If someone who has been behind the wheel of a car for 8 months wants to drive a 300HP RWD car in the rain on stock summer tires, fine (just don't do it near me). If someone wants to come on here and say they dropped $15k in cash on a car when we all know they didn't, fine.

I don't respect anyone until they earn it anyways. Everyone on this board started out with a 0 in my book. Some people move up, some people move down. Just keep in mind that if you're going to come on here saying stupid crap we all know is stupid crap, I'm going to mock you and have fun while I do it.

I drove a $5k car through high school until my mom took it out one day and it got totalled. The insurance company gave me $3500 so I spent it on a $3500 car and drove it until I graduated college, bought a house, got married, and had a solid job. Then, I bought my Z.

Bottom line, I respect a person with sound judgement more than a person with a nice car.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:54 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can't believe this thread is still open. i see nothing has changed; kids still get cars bought by mommy and daddy and then claim they bought it by making minimum wage
Old 05-27-2012, 11:15 AM
Gozirra

I neither respect nor disrespect someone based upon how they acquired their car (Unless they stole it from a blind old woman. Then, I respect them more cause that b*tch shouldn't be driving!).
Hehe..

Just keep in mind that if you're going to come on here saying stupid crap we all know is stupid crap, I'm going to mock you and have fun while I do it.
Fair enough, that's why I do my best to keep stupid sh&t to myself, although everyones opinion of stupid sh*t is different

I drove a $5k car through high school until my mom took it out one day and it got totalled. The insurance company gave me $3500 so I spent it on a $3500 car and drove it until I graduated college, bought a house, got married, and had a solid job. Then, I bought my Z.
I dont think you have to have a solid job to have a Z anymore. My job is not solid but pretty good for a part time student. It'd be a lot harder to pay it off if I didnt have a roof over my head but I think itd be very possible.
Bottom line, I respect a person with sound judgement more than a person with a nice car.
Not trying to argue or prove you wrong - discussions, discussions. But is it not possible to have a sound judgement and have a decent car?
Old 05-27-2012, 03:26 PM
Flick Montana

Not trying to argue or prove you wrong - discussions, discussions. But is it not possible to have a sound judgement and have a decent car?
Yes. Like me.

However, being 18, saving a couple grand from working at McD's and blowing it on a few months payments on a $15k car isn't sound judgement. Put it toward an education so you can actually afford nice stuff once your parents stop wiping your hinder.

If you put more than even a quarter of your monthly earnings into car payments, you're doing it wrong. People not understanding their spending limits and failing to make sound financial decisions is why our economy hit the crapper.

Then again, I don't really care. If someone wants to be car poor and look like a d-bag bragging about it, who am I to tell them to stop?
Old 05-27-2012, 06:17 PM
zcarver18

A post like this may be in this thread somewhere but I don't feel like looking

I'm 20 and my dad (who is a car dealer) found and bought me an 06 z base with 42k miles for 14.5

I don't brag or flaunt my car around or act like I bought it but I do pride myself on paying for all the mods, even though that is a personal choice. I've bought a double din space seats harness rail etc cf hood full engine bay done plenum wheels exhaust etc. I wash and detail it frequently and barely drive it hard ever.

I guess what I'm saying is if all of us had parents that would buy us a Z at said age we would say no? I doubt it

I appreciate and take care of my Ish ...work 45 hour weeks every summer all summer then grind hard at my university ....

There will always be posh punks whose daddies will throw them bmws or in this case z's, it just all how you act once you ve been given it

Just my 0.02
Old 05-27-2012, 06:31 PM
Gozirra

Yes. Like me.

However, being 18, saving a couple grand from working at McD's and blowing it on a few months payments on a $15k car isn't sound judgement. Put it toward an education so you can actually afford nice stuff once your parents stop wiping your hinder.

If you put more than even a quarter of your monthly earnings into car payments, you're doing it wrong. People not understanding their spending limits and failing to make sound financial decisions is why our economy hit the crapper.

Then again, I don't really care. If someone wants to be car poor and look like a d-bag bragging about it, who am I to tell them to stop?
This is becoming more and more aggressive, i hope its not directed at me :O
Anyway, ive already posted my little sorry on here just to add to the chaos, so I wont go off about how I got the Z, however I assure you it wasnt 15k, and the ole Mickey D had nothin to do with it. I say if someone wants to work their *** off for a ride they enjoy, go for it. Just know where that line is.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:42 PM
Gozirra

Originally Posted by zcarver18
A post like this may be in this thread somewhere but I don't feel like looking

I'm 20 and my dad (who is a car dealer) found and bought me an 06 z base with 42k miles for 14.5

I don't brag or flaunt my car around or act like I bought it but I do pride myself on paying for all the mods, even though that is a personal choice. I've bought a double din space seats harness rail etc cf hood full engine bay done plenum wheels exhaust etc. I wash and detail it frequently and barely drive it hard ever.

I guess what I'm saying is if all of us had parents that would buy us a Z at said age we would say no? I doubt it

I appreciate and take care of my Ish ...work 45 hour weeks every summer all summer then grind hard at my university ....

There will always be posh punks whose daddies will throw them bmws or in this case z's, it just all how you act once you ve been given it

Just my 0.02
Lol. Just by skimming a few pages you would know that yes its been said before. Many times. Every time. Every page. Eughhh..
Old 05-27-2012, 06:46 PM
zcarver18

Lol. Just by skimming a few pages you would know that yes its been said before. Many times. Every time. Every page. Eughhh..
k cool
Then someone's bitter
Old 05-27-2012, 07:11 PM
Gozirra

Originally Posted by zcarver18
k cool
Then someone's bitter
Lol^ yeah you might be about my post. Im sorry. Your post was extremely insightful, dont be upset. Gatta learn to live with criticisms: I was just clarifying because you said something along the lines of "idk if theres a post like this". No disrespect but yeah, lately, every other post on this thread is almost identical to yours.

Last edited by Gozirra; 05-27-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:45 PM
Flick Montana

This is becoming more and more aggressive, i hope its not directed at me :O
Anyway, ive already posted my little sorry on here just to add to the chaos, so I wont go off about how I got the Z, however I assure you it wasnt 15k, and the ole Mickey D had nothin to do with it. I say if someone wants to work their *** off for a ride they enjoy, go for it. Just know where that line is.
Aggressive? Search your purse for that Y-chromosome, this is not me being mean.

And I'm not directing my comments at anyone, just responding to what you were saying. I don't know your story.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:13 AM
jdm5596

i have paid for all,my vehicles myself since i was 17...

95' 3000gt
99 Eclipse 10th annv.
92 Prelude h22 swap
92 Civic hatch ls swapped with nitrous
90 eclipse gsx slowboy built
95 Civic coupe ls//vtec swapped high comp all motor build
03 Dodge truck
94 Talon Tsi AWD
07 Kawasaki ZZR600
95 Eclipse GST
2011 Ford F150
91 Talon Tsi fwd
03 350z...by far my favorite, and haven't decided what to do with it yet...

Im 25 now, and look forward to more nissan in my future...
Old 05-28-2012, 10:41 AM
Gozirra

Originally Posted by jdm5596
i have paid for all,my vehicles myself since i was 17...

95' 3000gt
99 Eclipse 10th annv.
92 Prelude h22 swap
92 Civic hatch ls swapped with nitrous
90 eclipse gsx slowboy built
95 Civic coupe ls//vtec swapped high comp all motor build
03 Dodge truck
94 Talon Tsi AWD
07 Kawasaki ZZR600
95 Eclipse GST
2011 Ford F150
91 Talon Tsi fwd
03 350z...by far my favorite, and haven't decided what to do with it yet...

Im 25 now, and look forward to more nissan in my future...
Jesus, for a second i thought you meant the civics had Chevy LS swaps.. Lol. Are those AWD TT talons fast?
Old 05-28-2012, 02:21 PM
jdm5596

Jesus, for a second i thought you meant the civics had Chevy LS swaps.. Lol. Are those AWD TT talons fast?
Awd tt? They r not twin turbo if that's what u mean. And the were okay, my eclipse gsx was the fastest out off all of that breed that I owned. Did a lot of work to it... The civic hatch with a ls swap(b18) me and my buddies swapped the first night I bought it while we were drunk, and we actually did it faster than usual... Fun times..
Old 05-28-2012, 02:24 PM
jdm5596

And my opinion on teens owning Zs... U know when I was 18 I went into the oil field. If I really wanted to I could of bought a z and paid for it all on my own as I did the rest of the vehicles. I just chose to pay cash for all my vehicles. So just cuz a teen has a Z, doesn't mean his/her parents bought it. And I've met a lot of teens lthat r a lot like me and like to pour a lot into their vehicles and don't just run around trying to tear up the streets. Give them a break and teach them to do things the right way..
Old 06-21-2012, 08:25 AM
Jon Connor

Smile 17 getting a 350z

Ok, so I'm 17 years old and my mom is buying me a 350z with my money. (because if the car is in her name the insurance will be less)

I know in general younger drivers aren't responsible or mature and its definitely true. though, although, I've always got A's and B's in school (im homeschooled), I don't smoke or drink or do foolish things even when my friends do. I like to think I'm pretty reserved.

So then saying that, I was looking at a 350z 03 model with 48k miles for only 13k bucks. I'm buying it as a car for college. To be honest though the entire deal is pretty much a freebie....

So I've seen a lot of posts on here of young drivers not appreciating the money that goes into getting one, but also, I'm not buying a new one, its only 13k. which is still a lot but not like 40k....

So i just wanna see what you all think? Would it be a bad idea? should i get a corolla? lol ...

PS. i never speed or try to show off speeding or racing. I just like that car, like one likes a beautiful women and wants her..

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...