Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 10:32 AM
stuartc323

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zswickliffe
Obvious troll is obvious, smh.
^^
Old 12-18-2012, 12:08 PM
Phill361

Received 1,245 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by PerfZ
DOH! Should have noted the post count and should have recognized the SN after all these years, lol. smh again........
Sometimes I need to poke in here when the Off Topic gets boring.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:42 PM
Kairo

I actually am 17 and own a Z. But before ANYONE on here calls me out for being spoiled. Ive been saving 95% of every single dollar I have gotten ever since I was 10. Birthday money Christmas money, chores etc. They all added up until I was 16 and got my liscence. At that time I wanted a manual car that looked fairly good. I bought a 02 RSX for about 6100, with a few hundreds leftover. I then went back to wanting the car I have dreamed for ever since I decided on saving for. A Z. So I worked over the summer made 2 grand, sold my RSX for a nice 1.4k profit. With all of that I found a 03 base Z with 70k miles. Pristine condition. I love my Z and I dont drive without putting MY safety and others around me first.
What Im trying to say is theres always those few legitimately got a Z, and that their parents didnt buy it for them. Those kinds of people have no idea what it is to have a car such as a Z.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:04 PM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by Kairo
I actually am 17 and own a Z. But before ANYONE on here calls me out for being spoiled. Ive been saving 95% of every single dollar I have gotten ever since I was 10. Birthday money Christmas money, chores etc. They all added up until I was 16 and got my liscence. At that time I wanted a manual car that looked fairly good. I bought a 02 RSX for about 6100, with a few hundreds leftover. I then went back to wanting the car I have dreamed for ever since I decided on saving for. A Z. So I worked over the summer made 2 grand, sold my RSX for a nice 1.4k profit. With all of that I found a 03 base Z with 70k miles. Pristine condition. I love my Z and I dont drive without putting MY safety and others around me first.
What Im trying to say is theres always those few legitimately got a Z, and that their parents didnt buy it for them. Those kinds of people have no idea what it is to have a car such as a Z.

Cool story bro. How much is your rent a month? and your utilities? and the car is in your name correct? i mean car insurance, note, loan application everything?

I would say you cant answer yes to all these questions, so chill out you didnt do much anybody else would do if we wanted a nice car and didnt have to pay bills.

and lets see pics or your car never happened.

Last edited by stuartc323; 12-20-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:51 AM
jano350z

First car 1995 integra gsr
Second 2000 civic si
03 performance z
350z best money we'll spent
Old 12-23-2012, 05:58 PM
Zpower831

Thumbs up

I'm just like you. I started work at 16 and saved every dollar made.
my first car was given to me at 16 a 1995 Ford mustang, after saving I then bought a 1999 ford mustang. After three years of saving money, including paying rent to my parents after I turned 18. I was able to buy a 1999 Porsche Boxster at age 19 for $8,000, but after owning it for a few months I wanted my dream car a Z, so I sold the boxster for 9k on craigslist and payed 9,900 for an 03 Z touring 6 speed clean title.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:06 PM
jninja26

Originally Posted by Zpower831
I'm just like you. I started work at 16 and saved every dollar made.
my first car was given to me at 16 a 1995 Ford mustang, after saving I then bought a 1999 ford mustang. After three years of saving money, including paying rent to my parents after I turned 18. I was able to buy a 1999 Porsche Boxster at age 19 for $8,000, but after owning it for a few months I wanted my dream car a Z, so I sold the boxster for 9k on craigslist and payed 9,900 for an 03 Z touring 6 speed clean title.
Sweet story...do you do your own laundry too?
Old 12-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Zpower831

Originally Posted by jninja26
Sweet story...do you do your own laundry too?
Why should I? I buy new clothes everyday...
Old 12-23-2012, 08:23 PM
Kairo

Originally Posted by stuartc323

Cool story bro. How much is your rent a month? and your utilities? and the car is in your name correct? i mean car insurance, note, loan application everything?

I would say you cant answer yes to all these questions, so chill out you didnt do much anybody else would do if we wanted a nice car and didnt have to pay bills.

and lets see pics or your car never happened.
Obviously I can answer yes to ALL of the questions. What kind of a statement is that? Im SEVENTEEN...NOT 30!

I was more privelaged to get a nice car when I am younger, than what pretty much everyone on their own had to do. I am not proud of it, only proud of saving 10 grand for a car Ive always wanted. To me, its a major accomplishment. Im not going to get pics anytime soon either cause its been raining 24/7.

Quit making stupid reply's attempting to flame people when you obviously fail.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:25 PM
Kairo

Why should I? I buy new clothes everyday...
Some of these people really try hard to flame younger guys with Z's.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:30 PM
herrschaft

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

With all of the ammo you guys give them, its really not that hard.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:31 PM
stuartc323

Obviously I can answer yes to ALL of the questions. What kind a statement is that? Im SEVENTEEN...NOT 30!

I was more privelaged to get a nice car when I am younger, than what pretty much everyone on their own had to do. I am not proud of it, only proud of saving 10 grand for a car Ive always wanted. To me, its a major accomplishment. Im not going to get pics anytime soon either cause its been raining 24/7.

Quit making stupid reply's attempting to flame people when you obviously fail.
Like i said before get off your high horse, you didnt do anything special. the z isnt some audi or bmw or corvette. All im saying is your accomplishment is cool but dont post bragging like you did something to be equal to everyone else. Great job saving ten grand. You did it with NO BILLS. At 17 i bought my own car, but i also had my own apartment and was in college working a full time job. I commend your effort but dont toot your horn like your $10,000 sports car was something great at 17. I know 17 year olds buying houses and corvettes right now and they aint boasting.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:48 PM
Zpower831

Like i said before get off your high horse, you didnt do anything special. the z isnt some audi or bmw or corvette. All im saying is your accomplishment is cool but dont post bragging like you did something to be equal to everyone else. Great job saving ten grand. You did it with NO BILLS. At 17 i bought my own car, but i also had my own apartment and was in college working a full time job. I commend your effort but dont toot your horn like your $10,000 sports car was something great at 17. I know 17 year olds buying houses and corvettes right now and they aint boasting.
Look at Las Vegas housing prices compared to Santa Cruz, California not that hard of an accomplishment to buy a house where you live. Your logic proves nothing.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:50 PM
Zpower831

Old 12-24-2012, 10:21 AM
stuartc323

Look at Las Vegas housing prices compared to Santa Cruz, California not that hard of an accomplishment to buy a house where you live. Your logic proves nothing.
Hmm well seeing as how im originally from Los Angeles, grew up in long beach and went to long beach state and UCI, I have only been living in vegas for a year and a half, I will agree that las vegas is cheaper than anywhere in cali. BUT those 17 year olds im talking about are back in California.

And you just proved my logic by telling me to compare Vegas and California prices for housing. You young guys cant afford to live on your own and buy your own car.

Im not trying to **** on the younger guys because im only 23 myself, but at the same time, you guys come on the forum and try to boast like you did some amazing thing getting a ten year old sports car while your still at home and mommy and daddy are still taking care of you. This thread started off to help protect our young Z drivers by giving them some advice on being careful with their cars, but the younger guys turned it into some pissing contest because you think your an adult because you bought a car with your life savings that you accrued with no bills.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:38 AM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

Hmm well seeing as how im originally from Los Angeles, grew up in long beach and went to long beach state and UCI,
No idea what the argument is about but did notice LB and UCI. Just wanted to say UCI grad and post grad CSULB alumni here.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:59 PM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
No idea what the argument is about but did notice LB and UCI. Just wanted to say UCI grad and post grad CSULB alumni here.
Aww yeah Im a csulb grad and UCI post grad haha either way thats wasup glad to see another anteater/49er on the forum
Old 12-24-2012, 02:36 PM
Zpower831

Hmm well seeing as how im originally from Los Angeles, grew up in long beach and went to long beach state and UCI, I have only been living in vegas for a year and a half, I will agree that las vegas is cheaper than anywhere in cali. BUT those 17 year olds im talking about are back in California.

And you just proved my logic by telling me to compare Vegas and California prices for housing. You young guys cant afford to live on your own and buy your own car.

Im not trying to **** on the younger guys because im only 23 myself, but at the same time, you guys come on the forum and try to boast like you did some amazing thing getting a ten year old sports car while your still at home and mommy and daddy are still taking care of you. This thread started off to help protect our young Z drivers by giving them some advice on being careful with their cars, but the younger guys turned it into some pissing contest because you think your an adult because you bought a car with your life savings that you accrued with no bills.
your lying then. Number 1: 17 year olds in Cali can NOT buy a house without a Co signer aka most likely mommy and daddy which goes for auto loans as well (for their corvettes), unless these so called 17 year olds you know are already multi millionaire workers paying full amount cash, which would be surprising at that age. So they aren't boasting? why? Because mom and dad are helping them out, which correct me if i'm wrong, you are getting on all our cases from mom and dads help. Which more than likely includes your friends.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:29 PM
Kairo

Only reason Im saying what I did is because, I know NO OTHER guy under 20 who managed to get that much money to buy a car. Sure its not the same living with your parents. But on the other hand your boasting like your some hot **** being your only 6 years older than me and how you lived in an apartment working full time going to college. You havent been doing it long enough yourself to brag you've been working for a long time. Also I can gaurentee you that 99.99% of 17 year olds in the world can buy vettes and houses anywhere all on their own without anyones help. First because you gotta be 18 or over to legally own a house or car or even get a loan, second theres no way to make that amount of money on their own at 17 to buy a vette and house. Dont go around spewing crap out of your mouth please. Just respect what others have done for their Z and you'll get the same respect. Trying to belittle someone is not going to help anyone.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:37 AM
jninja26

Legally you have to be over 18 to own a house or car? Where do you get your info from- Inspector Gadget??

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...